PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Chiefs

rongreen1@mac.com
01-07-2010, 07:18 PM
If the Weiss/Crennel rumors turn out to be true, I think with a few strategic player additions we could easily be a wildcard team next year.

#58ChiefsFan
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
If they can find a way to get the team playing like they did in Denver - each week - I would like our chances.

The 2010 season is one I am truly excited about, it has been some time since I have felt that way.

pbatrucker
01-07-2010, 07:34 PM
I exspect 8 wins in 2010. That would be acceptable progress. 10 wins, PRICELESS!!!!!

rongreen1@mac.com
01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I agree. I expect 8 would be thrilled with 10.

kilobytes
01-07-2010, 08:36 PM
whoa whoa 8 wins? Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we? 2 coaches aren't going to magically make the team better. Wait till after the draft to predict.

Connie Jo
01-07-2010, 08:38 PM
If the Weiss/Crennel rumors turn out to be true, I think with a few strategic player additions we could easily be a wildcard team next year.

I think so too! Regardless of our record this past season, I did see many changes and improvements that lead me to believe we are sincerely re-building this time...not so much an excuse as I felt it was with Peterson/Edwards.

:yahoo:

matthewschiefs
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
2 coaches will help not make us contenders but help. Add to it the current team was starting to play like an NFL team at the end i say 8 wins is possible. If we have a good offseason who nos we could sneak into the wildcard. 2011 if there is football that year will be the year that we should be able to contend. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Connie Jo
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
whoa whoa 8 wins? Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we? 2 coaches aren't going to magically make the team better. Wait till after the draft to predict.

There were some games this past season we won statistically, just not techincally. There were some close games we lost also. Considering all, including the success of Charles, the addition of coaches with winning histories...I think 8-10 wins is realistic for 2010.

Bike
01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree 8 wins is a little unrealistic. I'll predict 10 wins and a playoff birth. :D

matthewschiefs
01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
There were some games this past season we won statistically, just not techincally. There were some close games we lost also. Considering all, including the success of Charles, the addition of coaches with winning histories...I think 8-10 wins is realistic for 2010.

We could have had 7 wins this year. If we did not shoot ourselfs in the foot time and time again in the raiders bills and browns losses we could have had 7 wins. So next year we can easly win 8.I will personaly hope for 19-0. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Connie Jo
01-07-2010, 08:45 PM
I agree 8 wins is a little unrealistic. I'll predict 10 wins and a playoff birth. :D

:lol: :yahoo:

Bike
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
We could have had 7 wins this year. If we did not shoot ourselfs in the foot time and time again in the raiders bills and browns losses we could have had 7 wins. So next year we can easly win 8.I will personaly hope for 19-0. GO CHIEFS!!!!!
Yeah!

Chief Tyler
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
My predictions are always the same.

16-0 until proven otherwise.

kilobytes
01-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Don't count on Charles being the same next year unless the o line improves. Defenses will be ready.

8 wins isn't plausible until I see what we get in the draft and what we do in the offseason.

I thought the 08 season was much closer to 8+ wins in the fact that we lost at least half our games by 8 points or less. This year not so much to me. I really don't judge a team by its record because it doesn't tell the whole story.

A little Devil's advocate for you all.

SAPHOJUNKIE
01-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I am not predicting playoffs, but I sure am expecting it.

we should have a legitimate coaching staff, our defensive line should be maturing into a powerful unit, and with the addition of another offensive lineman, safety, wide receiver, and inside linebacker (all in the first three rounds of the draft), we should absolutely be able to win a lot of games vs the NFC and AFC West divisions.

wildcat
01-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Don't count on Charles being the same next year unless the o line improves. Defenses will be ready.

8 wins isn't plausible until I see what we get in the draft and what we do in the offseason.

I thought the 08 season was much closer to 8+ wins in the fact that we lost at least half our games by 8 points or less. This year not so much to me. I really don't judge a team by its record because it doesn't tell the whole story.

I am the exact opposite. Stats and scores are fun to read about and analyze, but they really do not matter. W's and L's are all that count. Those are what get you into the playoffs.

Herm was able to keep the score close by playing ultra conservative and trying to eat time off the clock. It was almost as though he was happy just to keep the score close. Haley is actually willing to take the risks necessary to win (even if he takes some bad ones from time to time). In fact, with Haley as coach, we won twice as many games (vs 08) with less talent.

Edit: Also, I think you are right to say we should not expect to see Charles do what he did in the last 8 games over an entire season. However, I do think our o-line will improve and we will have a potent rushing attack. I think it is reasonable to hope Charles can rush for 1300-1500 yards next year.

matthewschiefs
01-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Your right there it doesnt tell the whole story. We should have had more then 4 wins THIS season.
Oakland penatlies killed us we would get a score only to have it wiped away by penalties and Oakland got a close win. We dont shot ourselfs in the foot we win that game

Clevland and Bufflao Drops killed us. We should have won both of those games. If our recivers could have caught a pass we would have had both of those games won.

This team was better then 4-12 this year. They were young and shot themselfs in the foot in a few games. Thats why theres the saying "young players get coaches fired" Things for next season should be even better with this group. They will have anther year of experiance to help them out. Things are looking up for this football team.

yashi
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM

Charles has been proving you wrong since the day you created an account. I don't think he has any plans on stopping now.

pbatrucker
01-08-2010, 04:51 PM
IMO you'll see JC used in more roles next year. ie split out as a reciever at times. With a few tweaks to the OL he will have an awesome year in 2010.

Isawa_mo
01-08-2010, 06:25 PM
You cannot gameplan for exceptional balance and speed. That is what excites me. Charles is the type of play maker teams build around.

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 06:28 PM

I think just with the team we have right now we could go 6-10, so with those two a wild card seems possible.

Connie Jo
01-08-2010, 09:03 PM

Defenses 'should' be ready for Charles yes, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to stop him, or prepare.

I remember when LJ took over for Priest in 04...thought the same, he won't do as well the following season because defensive coaches know now what he's capable of, will prepare. Well, didn't work like that...LJ came back in 05 and the defenses sure didn't stop him his first full season.

PS: Edit...or was it 2005 and 2006? haha :)

kilobytes
01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Defenses 'should' be ready for Charles yes, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to stop him, or prepare.

I remember when LJ took over for Priest in 04...thought the same, he won't do as well the following season because defensive coaches know now what he's capable of, will prepare. Well, didn't work like that...LJ came back in 05 and the defenses sure didn't stop him his first full season.

He started a few games in 04 with 100+ yards. Took over for Holmes in 05 and continued in to 06. His YPC went down a yard but it was still an impressive year at 4.6. Count on Charles YPC to go down. I still think he will be impressive though. It's just it will be a little harder with defenses knowing he is a major threat. Plus we really have no threats in the passing game.

Connie Jo
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
He started a few games in 04 with 100+ yards. Took over for Holmes in 05 and continued in to 06. His YPC went down a yard but it was still an impressive year at 4.6. Count on Charles YPC to go down. I still think he will be impressive though. It's just it will be a little harder with defenses knowing he is a major threat. Plus we really have no threats in the passing game.

The reason I was thinking 05 is because I had LJ on my Fantasy Team, and he was partially responsible for my winning the Championship that year.

I was the only girl in our league, and the guys all made fun of me during the draft because I drafted so many Chiefs players, lol. Green, LJ, Tines, etc.. I kicked a**, hahaha...won the Championship!!! They weren't laughing so much then, LOL.

Heck, as a Chief fan I knew Green was under-rated, and also that Priest was injury prone due to previous injury concerns from the year before...knew LJ likely would play more, and had noted what few times he had played, that he would do well...knowing about Chiefs players potential paid off! haha
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/7.jpg

tksixtyone
01-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I dont think its unrealistic to believe that they could be the #2 team in the west next year. Playoffs I think might be a tiny stretch but its certainly possible. Cincinatti is proof of that this season. I view this past year as a 16 game preseason where Haley and the staff evaluated what they had inherited, and once we get rid of the riff raff, I believe a much better product will be on the field next season, especially with Weis and (hopefully) Crennel on the sideline

kilobytes
01-09-2010, 02:21 AM
The reason I was thinking 05 is because I had LJ on my Fantasy Team, and he was partially responsible for my winning the Championship that year.

I was the only girl in our league, and the guys all made fun of me during the draft because I drafted so many Chiefs players, lol. Green, LJ, Tines, etc.. I kicked a**, hahaha...won the Championship!!! They weren't laughing so much then, LOL.

Heck, as a Chief fan I knew Green was under-rated, and also that Priest was injury prone due to previous injury concerns from the year before...knew LJ likely would play more, and had noted what few times he had played, that he would do well...knowing about Chiefs players potential paid off! haha
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/7.jpg
I draft as many Chiefs as possible too and players from teams we don't play. I don't want to root for a player to do well that is facing my team. That's why I kind of don't like fantasy leagues.

wolfpack
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Other teams willbe keying on charles. Key willbe our passing game. Resign chambers,our TE gets better or sign one and we draft or sign a above average wr.The threat of the deep ball will keep the safteys back so charles can run.

matthewschiefs
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I draft as many Chiefs as possible too and players from teams we don't play. I don't want to root for a player to do well that is facing my team. That's why I kind of don't like fantasy leagues.

My love for all the fantasy teams just about ended when the Chiefs started to struggle. I could not realy defend drafting a chiefs player. I only do 1 a year now i use to do alot of them.

okikcfan
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I think we all have to sit back, wait and see what the off season brings us, remember last year we all had High hopes and look what happen. Granted the Denver game was Great, but that was only one game out of 16. Lets see if Pioli and Haley are really as good as we hope they are. We need talent, we need blocking, pass rushing, wr's and a damn good DC just to name a few. Here's to the 2010 season! GO CHIEFS!

bigpoppachief
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I know i want Charles on my fantasy team next year

chief31
01-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Magically?

Try logically.

They slowed him down a ton.

He ended up getting almost the exact same yardage in a full season that he had in the previous half season. And, in the process, crippled our passing attack.

Knowing what to look for in an opponent is a big help.

I never had that problem. I don't care if it's Monday night, and I need Drew Brees to get a bunch of points. If his performance affects he Chiefs, then screw him! And screw my fantasy team too! :D

Connie Jo
01-09-2010, 10:42 PM

I haven't played FF since 2007. It takes a lot of time if you want to do well, and life became chaotic with change's beginning in 2007, not played since.

I play the Yahoo Pickem Challenge though. I founded a league back in 2004, play every year. It's simple, a bit of competitive fun against other NFL fans, as well as against the expert's picking, and it's not time consuming really. I didn't do well in it this year though. :(

Connie Jo
01-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I know i want Charles on my fantasy team next year

Yeah, and unfortunately, so will many others, hahaha. Hopefully you'll be at the top of your draft order, and get him! :D

Connie Jo
01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Magically?

Try logically.

They slowed him down a ton.

He ended up getting almost the exact same yardage in a full season that he had in the previous half season. And, in the process, crippled our passing attack.

Knowing what to look for in an opponent is a big help.

I never had that problem. I don't care if it's Monday night, and I need Drew Brees to get a bunch of points. If his performance affects he Chiefs, then screw him! And screw my fantasy team too! :D

Yeah, they did slow him down his first full season in 2006. I confused seasons.

LJ took over for Priest when he was injured back to back seasons, the first in 2004. Priest came back from the injury & took back the starting position. That's when I noted LJ had talent, drafted him on my FF team, thinking Priest had high risk for injury in 2005, since there was question of him being healed fully.

Priest was injured in 2005 as well, ending his season...LJ finished out the remaining 9 games. I think my thought when commenting was the opposing defenses appeared not to have studied LJ's game films much from the games he started in 2004, and as a result weren't that prepared to stop him when he took over for Priest again in 2005.

Whew...all that said and reconsidering my thoughts now with a refreshed memory, haha:

Charles started more games this past season taking over for LJ, than LJ did in 2004 taking over for Priest...so Charles' 2009 season is more comparible to LJ's season in 2005. Considering that fact, yeah...the opposing defenses will prepare for him in 2010, just as they did in 2006 for LJ after he left no doubt what he was capable of in 2005.

In conclusion, I should've just said...you're right and I agree Chief31! :D