PDA

View Full Version : Cassel and the Chiefs owe Jamaal some money

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
He is our:

4th Wr 297 yards 1 td ( just behind Bobby Wade 367 yards)

Our number 1 Kick Returner 925 yards 1 td (second Quiten Lawrence 317 yards)

Easily our number 1 RB with 1120 7 td's
(second Matt Cassel 189 yards)

Jamaal Gets stronger as the game goes along: averages 5.8 yards per carry in the first half, 6.0 in the second half and 7.5 in the last 2 minutes.

Since Jamaal Started we have:
Seen Cassel has been sacked 1 1/2 times less per game
Seen Cassel has passed for about 50 more yards per game
Have had 7 rushing td's, none before he started
Gone 3-6 (33% win rate) 1-6 prior to Jamaal starting (14% win rate). Not necessarily true but according to the stats we would have been 2-14 if we would have kept LJ and either 5-11 or 6-10 if he would have started the whole time (depending on how you wanna round it).

Vandelay
01-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure why Cassel owe's him money, but ok.

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure why Cassel owe's him money, but ok.
For making him look much better:

Vandelay
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
For making him look much better:
Just because Cassel has some competent teamates doesn't mean he owes them money. If we are going that rout then the wide-outs on this team owe Cassel the First National Bank.

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Just because Cassel has some competent teamates doesn't mean he owes them money. If we are going that rout then the wide-outs on this team owe Cassel the First National Bank.

:lamende: Quit taking things so literal I'm obviously joking about Cassel owing Jamaal money (if anything he owes pollard money). I hate when people nit pick one little point of the thread. I worked pretty hard on that for you to nit pick one little point I made that I was joking about it.

Vandelay
01-08-2010, 06:04 PM
:lamende: Quit taking things so literal I'm obviously joking about Cassel owing Jamaal money (if anything he owes pollard money). I hate when people nit pick one little point of the thread. I worked pretty hard on that for you to nit pick one little point I made that I was joking about it.
Sorry, it wasn't one little point in the thread, it was in the title. Just tired of all the Cassel hating.

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Sorry, it wasn't one little point in the thread, it was in the title. Just tired of all the Cassel hating.

Quit being so defensive, if one of my co-workers made me look good, and somebody said, "Wow you owe so-and-so some money!" it's a joking phrase, it's not negative in any way. This is thread is how impressive Charles is, and not how bad Cassel is.:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Quit being so defensive, if one of my co-workers made me look good, and somebody said, "Wow you owe so-and-so some money!" it's a joking phrase, it's not negative in any way. This is thread is how impressive Charles is, and not how bad Cassel is.:bananen_smilies046:
Then don't put Cassel in the title. That would make it a lot easier.

Vandelay
01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
And while I would love to stay and continue this brilliant conversation, I must be on my way out the door.

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Then don't put Cassel in the title. That would make it a lot easier.

No I just think you fixate on Cassel too much. Cassel's numbers clearly went up when he started, does Cassel owe money to Jamaal in reality? No, but it is a funny thing to say. I can't believe I am arguing over something so stupid, seriously man quit being so sensitive I am not dissing your boy, if you don't like my thread don't comment on it I am not going to defend it anymore, let some other people comment.

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
And while I would love to stay and continue this brilliant conversation, I must be on my way out the door.

Great, dont let the door hit you were the good lord split ya. Hope he realizes this is a public thread not a private message to him.:fatlock::fatlock::fatlock::fatlock:

hometeam
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Good thread ruined by crying. Poor show.

honda522
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Those are some good stats. Blame Haley and Pioli for keeping that bum Johnson around. I would have said the hell with him and traded him.

Ryfo18
01-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Jamaal Gets stronger as the game goes along: averages 5.8 yards per carry in the first half, 6.0 in the second half and 7.5 in the last 2 minutes.

I love stats, thanks for all of them, but this is definitely my favorite one. JC is a BEAST!

As far as being owed money, as long as he keeps this up, the organization will take care of him.

garciakcfan
01-09-2010, 02:21 AM
interesting banter between you do. nice stats btw

Vandelay
01-09-2010, 02:24 AM
interesting banter between you do. nice stats btw
I didn't like the title, but yes, I agree, nice stats and good work on that.:bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
01-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Good thread ruined by crying. Poor show.
Sorry you had to read all that, maybe he had a bad day who knows.

70 chiefsfan70
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Good stats!

Also I believe the play calling got better, Cassel and all of the OL played better as the year progressed, and having a WR that could actually catch the ball didn't hurt.

I'm NOT a big Cassel and Haley fan , however I can see they made this team better, we would win more games next year without FA or Draft.

Go CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

figcrostic
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Good stats!

Also I believe the play calling got better, Cassel and all of the OL played better as the year progressed, and having a WR that could actually catch the ball didn't hurt.

I'm NOT a big Cassel and Haley fan , however I can see they made this team better, we would win more games next year without FA or Draft.

Go CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Your mouth to gods ears brother. I am still not a huge Cassel or Haley fan either but both have gotten better. I honestly don't think Cassel will be a great QB, but I think he can be a Damon Huard type guy, throw very few interception, doesn't have a great arm but takes advantage of situations, basically he's not going to win the game by himself (Peyton Manning/Tom Brady) but he won't lose the game (Jemarcus Russel). I think despite what the numbers say right now we are a probably a 14 or 15 on offense (out of 32 teams) because we have improved so much during the last 4 or 5 games.

chief31
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Love the thread-starter.

But I can see exactly how Vandelay took the thread title.

Seein' as how you have started numerous threads in regard to your disdain for Matt Cassel, then for you to add his name, and only his name, in the thread title comes off as just another way for you to point a finger at Matt Cassel.

Maybe Charles owes Cassel some cash, for having been our only offensive option through the first half of the season, allowing Charles to take defenses by surprise?:D

Pro_Angler
01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
I think its more Cassel owes the chiefs some money since he sucked so bad almost every qtr this season.

Bike
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Cassel doesn't owe anybody anything. His 1st year on a new team he would naturally improve the 2nd half of the season. Heres some more stats:
Of the 1st 7 games before our bye week, 4 are currently in the playoffs.
Of the last 9 games after our bye week, 2 are currently in the playoffs.
As you can see, our schedule weakened as the season wore on. But we still ran off 5 straight losses with JC as our starting rb before finally crushing the boncos at end the season. Don't get me wrong - JC had an outstanding year and will soon be a superstar in this league. But considering Cassel had no ol, wr coach, qb coach, offensive coordinator, rb (all he had was LJ before the bye), and receivers dropping balls all year, its amazing he's not sitting in a psych hospital with a full body cast.
So did JC do his job and do it well? Definetely.
And did Cassel do his job and do it well? Considering the circumstances - definetely.
So do I agree the Chiefs owe JC some money? You bet. But does Cassel owe JC any money? Not hardly.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I have read this thread twice, and the same thought comes to mind both times!

~I think the Chiefs organization owes me & some other loyal Chiefs fan's some money!~

Since we made Arrowhead look much better for the TV camera's with filling a seat supporting our team & cheering them on, regardless of their losing seasons!

My Stats:
I attended 3 games in 2009...they lost all three!
Ticket Cost $450.00 (two games, 3rd was a gift)
Fuel to Arrowhead round trip 140 miles x 3 = $75.00
Parking x 3 = $66.00
Food & Beer = didn't keep track, hahaha

Tailgating with YZILLA, Canada, Tammie, Kelly, & other Chiefs Crowd related friends...PRICELESS!

You're off the hook Clark...since Chiefs Crowd friends made witnessing the loses more than worthy!

Thanks for the priceless cherished memories in 2009!!
:bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
01-10-2010, 01:41 AM
I have read this thread twice, and the same thought comes to mind both times!

~I think the Chiefs organization owes me & some other loyal Chiefs fan's some money!~

Since we made Arrowhead look much better for the TV camera's with filling a seat supporting our team & cheering them on, regardless of their losing seasons!

My Stats:
I attended 3 games in 2009...they lost all three!
Ticket Cost $450.00 (two games, 3rd was a gift)
Fuel to Arrowhead round trip 140 miles x 3 = $75.00
Parking x 3 = $66.00
Food & Beer = didn't keep track, hahaha

Tailgating with YZILLA, Canada, Tammie, Kelly, & other Chiefs Crowd related friends...PRICELESS!

You're off the hook Clark...since Chiefs Crowd friends made witnessing the loses more than worthy!

Thanks for the priceless cherished memories in 2009!!
:bananen_smilies046:
Lol! Like the Master Card advert (i think its master card(could be some other card:D))

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Glad to hear that you and most of us here supported the Chiefs this year. Too sad that there are not more true fans as we are. I saw way too many empty seats this year. The squeelers game was sad, way too many squeeler fans in the seats. On top of that, we had a game that wasn't sold out. We have to keep up our dedication and help get more Chiefs fans in the seats. Win, loose or tie, they are the only Chiefs we have. I always have and always will be there for them.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Heck...is it MC? I don't remember, haha. I just realized I omitted an 's' when spelling losses though, hahaha.

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Everyone was so happy when we got Matt Castle coming out of NE off a really good year playing basically as a rookie. To think he would come in here and set the world on fire was just not realistic. He had a rough year yes. I’m sure it would have been a much better year if he had more blocking the first half of the season, and if he had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. With the O line blocking better and our running game getting such a jolt. If we can get him another weapon or two on the outside, I believe you will be very happy with Matt Castle who remember is just getting to start his 3rd year.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Glad to hear that you and most of us here supported the Chiefs this year. Too sad that there are not more true fans as we are. I saw way too many empty seats this year. The squeelers game was sad, way too many squeeler fans in the seats. On top of that, we had a game that wasn't sold out. We have to keep up our dedication and help get more Chiefs fans in the seats. Win, loose or tie, they are the only Chiefs we have. I always have and always will be there for them.

I couldn't agree more! I missed the Steelers game. Attended the opener against Oakland, Donks 12/6, Browns 12/20. I would attend all home games, regardless of losing seasons...if I could afford to.

It's much more for me than winning and losing...the Chiefs are truly in my heart & soul, have been most of my life...not since birth though, only since 1963, hahaha. :D

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Everyone was so happy when we got Matt Castle coming out of NE off a really good year playing basically as a rookie. To think he would come in here and set the world on fire was just not realistic. He had a rough year yes. I’m sure it would have been a much better year if he had more blocking the first half of the season, and if he had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. With the O line blocking better and our running game getting such a jolt. If we can get him another weapon or two on the outside, I believe you will be very happy with Matt Castle who remember is just getting to start his 3rd year.

If I didn't know better, I would think you were me!! Your opinions (so far) are identical to mine overall. COOL!! :D

I stated not long ago in Cassel's defense...that a QB is as only good as his team-mates, OL and WR's included. IE: Montana/Rice

I see talent in Cassell, and am looking forward to 2010 with much optimism! Heck...can't go anywhere but up...right? haha

figcrostic
01-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I know man you need to get rid of your second account

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I know man you need to get rid of your second account

:lol:

Promise...only one account!

jacko58
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
wait on payin him till we see how next year goes i think even jaamal feels that way, until he proves hes the guy dont take the risk of payin him like a past running back that we just chashed out of town with our torches and pich forks lol

Bike
01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
wait on payin him till we see how next year goes i think even jaamal feels that way, until he proves hes the guy dont take the risk of payin him like a past running back that we just chashed out of town with our torches and pich forks lol
Why? We didn't wait to pay Cassel. JC is gonna be a star in this league and our offense will be built around him next season. I say rework his contract and lock him up this off-season. The sooner - the better.

figcrostic
01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Why? We didn't wait to pay Cassel. JC is gonna be a star in this league and our offense will be built around him next season. I say rework his contract and lock him up this off-season. The sooner - the better.
It's kind of double edge, if we lock him up now we lock him up on what he could be which is probably cheap especially if he as good as he was this year but he could also suck (which I highly doubt he will) or get injured. Also like you hinted at if we wait and he has 2K yards any good agent will be asking for LJ money.

Bike
01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
It's kind of double edge, if we lock him up now we lock him up on what he could be which is probably cheap especially if he as good as he was this year but he could also suck (which I highly doubt he will) or get injured. Also like you hinted at if we wait and he has 2K yards any good agent will be asking for LJ money.
Isn't that true with every player on every team? You are taking a risk whenever you sign anybody to a contract. So why not risk it now and pay him what he deserves? If JC senses that Pioli doesn't give a sh!t enough to do whats right, his attitude could turn sour and he'll go where he's more appreciated.

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 02:12 AM
JC has been doing awesome for us since he became the starter, but he doesnt deserve another penny until he shows us he can last all season. I am confident he can as long as we can find an effective compliment RB to help carry the load. Last thing we need to do is run another good RB into the ground. Im sure KC will take care of him if he keeps taking care of them. By next seasons end im sure he will have a new contract

jacko58
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
:sign0098:

agreed

Bike
01-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Good teams give good players good contracts. He is currently making $600,000/yr. He earned that in the last game alone. Many people are comparing JC to Chris Johnson - and rightly so. Johnson ran for over 2000 yds. Theres no doubt in my mind that JC would had been close to those numbers had he started the entire season. At any rate, Johnson is currently making the same bank as JC. The difference being are the rumours of the Titans reworking his contract into a long term deal.

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 07:09 PM
You forgo to mention the fact that CJ has done that for 1.5 seasons, starting most of tha time. JC needs to show us he can do that for an entire season...im sure KC ill take care of him if he continues to play at such a high level

Good teams give good players good contracts. He is currently making $600,000/yr. He earned that in the last game alone. Many people are comparing JC to Chris Johnson - and rightly so. Johnson ran for over 2000 yds. Theres no doubt in my mind that JC would had been close to those numbers had he started the entire season. At any rate, Johnson is currently making the same bank as JC. The difference being are the rumours of the Titans reworking his contract into a long term deal.

Bike
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
You forgo to mention the fact that CJ has done that for 1.5 seasons, starting most of tha time. JC needs to show us he can do that for an entire season...im sure KC ill take care of him if he continues to play at such a high level
He'll just be another disgruntled player If CJ does indeed get a new contract. Over a thousand yards in half a year with this offensive line is all I need to see.

Fansincebirth
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
My view of Reworking contracts is Dumb. Tell me one player that came in and said, I know I am not playing nearly as well as you thought I would. Maybe we should rework my contract. Joe Shmoe is playing crappy like me and he only makes $550,000. Im making 3 times that and it just isn't fair to the team. So write up a new deal for $600,000 for two years, and send it to my agent and I'll sign it.
WAKE UP
He is comming into his last year of his contract. They can look at his first 8 games next year and resign him middle of next season.
Personally I think that players should get a base salery and then be paid by their performance. Pay him $2000 per yard. If he runs for 2000 yards he makes $4,000,000 if he runs for 550 because he is hurt, he gets $1,100,000.

jacko58
01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
My view of Reworking contracts is Dumb. Tell me one player that came in and said, I know I am not playing nearly as well as you thought I would. Maybe we should rework my contract. Joe Shmoe is playing crappy like me and he only makes $550,000. Im making 3 times that and it just isn't fair to the team. So write up a new deal for $600,000 for two years, and send it to my agent and I'll sign it.
WAKE UP
He is comming into his last year of his contract. They can look at his first 8 games next year and resign him middle of next season.
Personally I think that players should get a base salery and then be paid by their performance. Pay him $2000 per yard. If he runs for 2000 yards he makes $4,000,000 if he runs for 550 because he is hurt, he gets $1,100,000.

agreed wait on a contract i remember when trent green and a couple other chiefs reworked there contracts to make more cap back in the dick vermeil era

Fansincebirth
01-12-2010, 01:22 AM
That was just restructuring they didnt take any less money in the long run.

MDChiefs!
01-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Not to take anything away from JC cause he has been playing great, but our offense line play improved greatly towards the end of the season. It wasnt nearly as bad as it was at the beginning of the season. Even if CJ does get a new contract, how mad would JC and his agent really be?...CJ did something only 6 players in history have done before, plus JC has only been starting half a season. How many RBs get a new big contract after half a season starting? I dont know the # but its probably not alot.

He'll just be another disgruntled player If CJ does indeed get a new contract. Over a thousand yards in half a year with this offensive line is all I need to see.

Bike
01-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Not to take anything away from JC cause he has been playing great, but our offense line play improved greatly towards the end of the season. It wasnt nearly as bad as it was at the beginning of the season. Even if CJ does get a new contract, how mad would JC and his agent really be?...CJ did something only 6 players in history have done before, plus JC has only been starting half a season. How many RBs get a new big contract after half a season starting? I dont know the # but its probably not alot.
Oh I see. When LJ is in there the ol is crap. Put JC in there and suddenly we have a much improved ol? Allrighty then.

MDChiefs!
01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
haha are you ok? Did you not watch all of the games? When we took out Mike Goff and put in Wade Smith at RG, and Ryan O Callaghan at RT our line starting playing alot better. Go watch some tape...it has nothing to do with LJ. Like I said, im not taking anything away from JC, but you cant say our line didnt play better towards the 2nd half of the season

Oh I see. When LJ is in there the ol is crap. Put JC in there and suddenly we have a much improved ol? Allrighty then.

Bike
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
haha are you ok? Did you not watch all of the games? When we took out Mike Goff and put in Wade Smith at RG, and Ryan O Callaghan at RT our line starting playing alot better. Go watch some tape...it has nothing to do with LJ. Like I said, im not taking anything away from JC, but you cant say our line didnt play better towards the 2nd half of the season
Haha are you ok? So my opinion differs from yours and suddenly I'm not "ok"? I can, and I will, say that our ol has NOT improved over the 2nd half - at least not enough to warrant a 2nd look. We lost 5 of our last 6 games and the reason our running game improved WAS JC - not the ol line as you so aptly put it.

MDChiefs!
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I never took anything away from JC...i think he has been a stud for us...I never gave the line all the credit like you are making it sound like. You dont have to be an NFL analyst to see that our line play improved with Smith and O Callaghan in the lineup. Everyone is still using our o-line as a scapegoat, as if we need one...complaints about our o-line can only go on for so long...as bad as they have started out, they have been improving and will continue to improve.

Haha are you ok? So my opinion differs from yours and suddenly I'm not "ok"? I can, and I will, say that our ol has NOT improved over the 2nd half - at least not enough to warrant a 2nd look. We lost 5 of our last 6 games and the reason our running game improved WAS JC - not the ol line as you so aptly put it.

MDChiefs!
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Sorry, dont wanna be an agenda pusher. Research and find our for yourself

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I never took anything away from JC...i think he has been a stud for us...I never gave the line all the credit like you are making it sound like. You dont have to be an NFL analyst to see that our line play improved with Smith and O Callaghan in the lineup. Everyone is still using our o-line as a scapegoat, as if we need one...complaints about our o-line can only go on for so long...as bad as they have started out, they have been improving and will continue to improve.

This, if I'm not mistaken, was the mind set last year at this time. It didn't really pan out that way.

pbatrucker
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Where as JC did help the OL in that he has the speed to get through cracks instead of holes. And it is also tre the OL did improve with Smith and O'Calahan in the lineup. Improvements on the OL are still necessary.
OC- Niswanger needs to be replaced. He will be a good backup though.
RG- Wade Smith has to be our most valuable lineman. He plays descent were ever asked to play. We could get by with him at RG, but an up grade is necessary.
RT- O'Callaghan became a good pass blocker, but a lack of athletic ability limits his run blocking. He has a problem sealing the edge and is almost nonexistant at the 2nd level.
IMO we need an upgrade at three positions on the OL.

Canada
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
The Chiefs owe me some money.

chief31
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
This, if I'm not mistaken, was the mind set last year at this time. It didn't really pan out that way.

True. But then, that was a different offene altogether. And that bunch didn't even get to game one of this season, to find out if they had improved.

I believe that what made the o-line look so much better was the addition of outside running plays. Especially once it was proven successful.

With a running game that was moving the ball forward regularly, it kept us in fewer "3rd and long" situations. And it minimized our predictability.

When your only offensive options are running it up the gut and passing, then your offensive line is lining up right where they are gonna block at, for the most part.

It's just alot easier to gameplan for an offense that isn't going to move around.

I really believe that Larry Johnson's refusal to work on other aspects of his game, coupled with the staff's tolerance of that mentality, made the job of our o-line impossible.

And now, with only a few games to evaluate the o-line, it is really difficult to judge them.

But, watching the highlights of JC, it's easy to see that lanes are being opened up for him. He is getting past the LOS without alot of contact.

Bike
01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I just don't see it. 3/5 are backups - at best. We need at least 3 NFL CALIBER linemen and we need them soon.

Bike
01-12-2010, 04:58 PM
IMO we need an upgrade at three positions on the OL.
Thats exactly where I'm at.

dbolan
01-13-2010, 02:38 AM
I told you guys a long time ago that JC was the man and LJ was not.

Proof was in the pudding, undoubtedly.

Chiefster
01-18-2010, 02:00 AM
True. But then, that was a different offene altogether. And that bunch didn't even get to game one of this season, to find out if they had improved.

I believe that what made the o-line look so much better was the addition of outside running plays. Especially once it was proven successful.

With a running game that was moving the ball forward regularly, it kept us in fewer "3rd and long" situations. And it minimized our predictability.

When your only offensive options are running it up the gut and passing, then your offensive line is lining up right where they are gonna block at, for the most part.

It's just alot easier to gameplan for an offense that isn't going to move around.

I really believe that Larry Johnson's refusal to work on other aspects of his game, coupled with the staff's tolerance of that mentality, made the job of our o-line impossible.

And now, with only a few games to evaluate the o-line, it is really difficult to judge them.

But, watching the highlights of JC, it's easy to see that lanes are being opened up for him. He is getting past the LOS without alot of contact.

Good point; I just don't want the o-line to be ignored, for all intents and purposes, like they were last year.

I told you guys a long time ago that JC was the man and LJ was not.

Proof was in the pudding, undoubtedly.

Pudding??? I like pudding. :D