PDA

View Full Version : We quietly became a damn near top 10 rushing offense

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 07:29 PM
1929 yards on the season which put us in 11th
120 yards per game. Last year we were ranked 16th, and this is only with Jamaal starting 9 games we moved up 5 places that's pretty awesome. I wonder if we can break the top 5 next year.

hometeam
01-08-2010, 07:30 PM
If JC runs like he did this year, all year, we will be top 3

Chieffaninfl
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
It would be nice if we had receivers who can catch to complement that. Hopefully it all starts coming together next season. (I think I said that last year, and two...)

figcrostic
01-08-2010, 08:23 PM
It would be nice if we had receivers who can catch to complement that. Hopefully it all starts coming together next season. (I think I said that last year, and two...)

I think the running game will definitely, help out the passing game, guys will be much more open, and Cassel will have more time to throw the ball.

honda522
01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I heard Lendel White is going to be a free agent soon. I would like to see him come here. I would hate to see JC ran into the ground..he needs to split the carries.

Connie Jo
01-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I heard Lendel White is going to be a free agent soon. I would like to see him come here. I would hate to see JC ran into the ground..he needs to split the carries.

Agree, and historically the Chiefs have been known to run their starting RB into the ground! Hopefully that won't happen with Pioli and Haley in control.

That's one thing I always felt hurt the Chiefs under Peterson & his chosen coaches, which CP had a hand in the game plans of...we rarely changed game plans, opponents always knew what to expect from us.

We need to shake it up, pull some tricks out of the bag now & then, not be so obvious all the time. We did do that a bit under Vermeil with the offense, but not enough.

Ryfo18
01-08-2010, 11:10 PM

You are absolutely right on this. He would be the perfect complement to Charles (he was for CJ). Having him means Jamaal is limited to about 280-300 carries and Lendale gets like 150+ (and like 10 tds from 3 yards and in haha). Lendale has been waiting to get out of CJ's spotlight though and get a gig where he can be a feature back. For the right amount of money though, who knows?
Regardless, I can't wait to see JC give CJ a run for his money next year. Ha, what a cooincedemce with their initials!

Big Daddy Tek
01-09-2010, 12:37 AM
With the current system, JC shouldn't split the carries with anybody unless it was a short yardage situation.

This is a passing offense. The only reason it looked anything like a running offense is because Jamaal averaged almost 6 yards a carry when he did touch the ball.

I would split carries with Jamaal if he was handling it more than 25 times a game. He didn't carry it more than that once all season.

Ryfo18
01-09-2010, 01:13 AM
With the current system, JC shouldn't split the carries with anybody unless it was a short yardage situation.

This is a passing offense. The only reason it looked anything like a running offense is because Jamaal averaged almost 6 yards a carry when he did touch the ball.

I would split carries with Jamaal if he was handling it more than 25 times a game. He didn't carry it more than that once all season.

Ball carriers these days though just don't seem to last. I'd rather have him last 8+ years than burn him out.

garciakcfan
01-09-2010, 02:11 AM
thats a great stat considering the first back stunk it up every sunday.

matthewschiefs
01-09-2010, 11:42 AM

He would be a solid number 2 for Jamal something that this team needs. If they could get him as a free agent thats just one less need that we will have to adress in the draft. Hopefuly things work out that way. He would be a nice addition to this football team.

70 chiefsfan70
01-09-2010, 12:16 PM
He would be a solid number 2 for Jamal something that this team needs. If they could get him as a free agent thats just one less need that we will have to adress in the draft. Hopefuly things work out that way. He would be a nice addition to this football team.

Agreed! We have to make good use of the FA to be a truely competitive team!

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Just curious, have we all forgoten about Kolby Smith, and Dantrell Savage, Jackie Battle, or our draft pick Javarris Williams? I think we have the talent at RB. Wouldn't spend money on a FA and for that matter wouldn't spend a draft pick. What do you all think.
BTW White is not going to walk out of a shadow into the dark.

hometeam
01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Just curious, have we all forgoten about Kolby Smith, and Dantrell Savage, Jackie Battle, or our draft pick Javarris Williams? I think we have the talent at RB. Wouldn't spend money on a FA and for that matter wouldn't spend a draft pick. What do you all think.
BTW White is not going to walk out of a shadow into the dark.

Thats a great point, between the RB's on the roster, we can find that guy. I would think the staff would rather go in this direction first, but you have got to get players into camp first to take alook at em~