PDA

View Full Version : Tony G.

dale6734
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Has anyone heard if Tony intends on playing next year? He didn't seem to have a Tony type season. I wonder if its his age or simply the new system.

honda522
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Alittle bit of both. I wish he would come back here for a year or so.

Connie Jo
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Has anyone heard if Tony intends on playing next year? He didn't seem to have a Tony type season. I wonder if its his age or simply the new system.

I've not heard, and not familiar with his Falcon's contract either. Likely it's a combination of both...age & system.

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Im with ya on that one!

dale6734
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM
It would be great to see him back in K.C. for a few more years

Ryfo18
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I would love to see him back, but I doubt that happens. Nevertheless, I wouldn't feel bad for him if we made the playoffs next year and Atlanta didn't. Call me evil, but hey, that's what you get for giving up on us!

I still want him to sign a 1-day contract with us, so he can retire as a Chief.

josh1971
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
He's ONE catch away from 1,000 catches, so it's my guess he'll be back in Atlanta next season.

I won't feel bad one tiny bit if KC makes the playoffs next year, and Atlanta doesn't. Karma, Gonzo....

AussieChiefsFan
01-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I would love to see him back, but I doubt that happens. Nevertheless, I wouldn't feel bad for him if we made the playoffs next year and Atlanta didn't. Call me evil, but hey, that's what you get for giving up on us!

I still want him to sign a 1-day contract with us, so he can retire as a Chief.

Yeah, I heard about the 1-day-contract so he can retire as a chief at the beginning at the season aswell. I think though, even if he doesn't come back to the chiefs (even though he should) he will be enducted into the HOF under the Chiefs.

For instance Joe montana was on the chiefs for the last 2 years of his career and the 49ers fans felt the same way we do about Tony G. Joe Montana was enducted into the HOF under the 49ers so why should TG not be in under the CHIEFS!

honda522
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Screw a 1 day contract, how about atleast min 1 game Contract. I would like to see him get his 1000th catch here in KC.

Chiefster
01-09-2010, 12:17 AM

Me too, but doubt it will ever happen.

Lazeye
01-09-2010, 12:39 AM
We should offer ATL one of our draft picks to get him back, you all know he would be worth it. I believe he has maybe three years with the last year playing more in the red zone,

Lazeye
01-09-2010, 12:40 AM
We should start a Petition! lol

captainamerica
01-09-2010, 12:45 AM
We should offer a 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft for him.

jason1981
01-09-2010, 12:52 AM
3rd for the 2011 draft sounds ok but nothing higher and nothing for this year

Ryfo18
01-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I heard about the 1-day-contract so he can retire as a chief at the beginning at the season aswell. I think though, even if he doesn't come back to the chiefs (even though he should) he will be enducted into the HOF under the Chiefs.

For instance Joe montana was on the chiefs for the last 2 years of his career and the 49ers fans felt the same way we do about Tony G. Joe Montana was enducted into the HOF under the 49ers so why should TG not be in under the CHIEFS!

Oh he'll go into the HOF a Chief for sure...all his records were set as a Chief. I just want him to retire a Chief too.

Vandelay
01-09-2010, 02:08 AM
He made it pretty clear he didn't want to be here, so I wouldn't give up anything for a player that doesn't want to be here.

matthewschiefs
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I am pretty sure he is going to play this season. I think last year he said he wanted to play 2 more years. But if he plays he will be in a falcons jersey. If he would want to play in KC i would love to have him but if he doesnt then It would do neither party any good to make him play for the Chiefs. I would love to see #88 again a chief.

70 chiefsfan70
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
We miss you Gonzy!!

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 03:07 AM
This is one subject I remain sitting on the fence, rather than jump off to one side or the other.

I don't want TG here if it's not where he wanted to be. I hated to see him go, and more or less sell out his loyalty as a Chief in hopes for a SB ring.

Then again...I can understand his side too. He'd set so many records as a Chief, guaranteed HOF'er...pro-bowls, playoff's...but never a Super Bowl. It was the biggest career accomplishment he had yet to obtain, running out of prime years, and doing so as a Chief wasn't too promising for him. He was frustrated with the handling of the team overall...Peterson, management, getting worse each year, not better.

Most players say what they hope for most is a SB ring during their career, over and above anything else. I don't know to what intensity a player feels the desire for a SB ring, but I do know the intensity I feel as a fan wanting a Chiefs SB return. In that aspect...I can't blame him.

SalinaChiefsFan
01-10-2010, 03:38 AM
This is one subject I remain sitting on the fence, rather than jump off to one side or the other.

I don't want TG here if it's not where he wanted to be. I hated to see him go, and more or less sell out his loyalty as a Chief in hopes for a SB ring.

Then again...I can understand his side too. He'd set so many records as a Chief, guaranteed HOF'er...pro-bowls, playoff's...but never a Super Bowl. It was the biggest career accomplishment he had yet to obtain, running out of prime years, and doing so as a Chief wasn't too promising for him. He was frustrated with the handling of the team overall...Peterson, management, getting worse each year, not better.

Most players say what they hope for most is a SB ring during their career, over and above anything else. I don't know to what intensity a player feels the desire for a SB ring, but I do know the intensity I feel as a fan wanting a Chiefs SB return. In that aspect...I can't blame him.

Bless you Connie Jo...you said here what I have been telling my crew at work since he left for Atlanta. Unlike many players claiming to want a SB ring, Tony only left the chiefs for that purpose. Good for him. On paper in the presaeson ATL was a legit contender, but then they.... uh....uh...Failed.

Now that the epic pain in the *** that was Carl is gone I am very confident that TG will retire and go into the HOF as a Chief.

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 03:39 AM
As I have said before, I have no ill will for TG, but he asked to leave. My greatest hope is that KC wins a playoff game before Atlanta. If you think this is ill will its not I hope he is does well in Atlanta, and I hope he keeps his health. I hope he and Atlanta can win a playoff game and even a superbowl. AS LONG as it happens after KC wins one.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Bless you Connie Jo...you said here what I have been telling my crew at work since he left for Atlanta. Unlike many players claiming to want a SB ring, Tony only left the chiefs for that purpose. Good for him. On paper in the presaeson ATL was a legit contender, but then they.... uh....uh...Failed.

Now that the epic pain in the *** that was Carl is gone I am very confident that TG will retire and go into the HOF as a Chief.

Thanks...I just post opinions as I believe. There's no doubt TG will retire as a Chief, that's a gimmie IMO. I honestly believe in his own heart he's still a Chief, how could he not be? :D