PDA

View Full Version : If Tony G. was apart of this season...

Lazeye
01-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I think we win three more games maybe a fourth. JC gets 400 more rushing yards with Tonys blocking and springing more sprints to the house. All those important dropped passes atleast half of those would have gone tonys way. Tonys season in atl does not look normal to us because they have more weapons to choose from and here tony was the man. All this is just IMO. don't forget Tony would already have 1000 catches because he does not drop passes.

AussieChiefsFan
01-09-2010, 05:18 AM
Exactly what I think! Hed be much better off a chief!

pbatrucker
01-09-2010, 08:41 AM
And he would have made the pro bowl again.

figcrostic
01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I think we win three more games maybe a fourth. JC gets 400 more rushing yards with Tonys blocking and springing more sprints to the house. All those important dropped passes atleast half of those would have gone tonys way. Tonys season in atl does not look normal to us because they have more weapons to choose from and here tony was the man. All this is just IMO. don't forget Tony would already have 1000 catches because he does not drop passes.

Agreed but I think we need Jared Allen even more TG right now, our offense isn't as bad as defense 22 sacks is pathetic.

yashi
01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
3-4 wins is probably a stretch. I don't know if Peyton Manning would have meant 4 more wins.

wolfpack
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
If TG was still a chief,he`d probably still be whinning to be traded.

dale6734
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
3-4 wins is probably a stretch. I don't know if Peyton Manning would have meant 4 more wins.

What? did you see the two games Caldwell pulled Peyton. It looked more to mee like Peyton makes a 7 or 8 game difference.

matthewschiefs
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I think if we still had Tony G then we would have won 2 more games if not 3. He would have been a big help and some of the blowout probley would have been real games and not run aways. The droped passes would not have been as big of an issue that they were. But we will never no what would have happend.

70 chiefsfan70
01-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Even when TG was whining (if you call it that) He gave his all! Thank You TG!

okikcfan
01-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Should of's and could of's, we should have kept both!

Chief Tyler
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
There are a lot of things that could have happened if TG had stayed. Sure dropped passes may have slightly improved, but I still think we'd be bottom of the league. I think LJ would have looked a little better throughout the season, with a passing game opening up the running game a little more. We may have never seen what Charles had to offer. TG wasn't a long term answer anyway. As good as he has been for us, no sense in building an offense to focus around him when he's not part of the long term future.

#58ChiefsFan
01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Great post. You can't add Tony into our year and have it come out the same result with J.C.

Long term we are better off with Jamaals year rather than winning seven games with Gonzales.

Fansincebirth
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM
As far as X Chiefs go, good-bye, farewell, good luck and to some, good riddens. Lets not live in the past and pick our new heroes. Ill start with my favorite X, a DE that plays for the Vikings, I wish him all the luck in the world. He was traded away for desperately needed draft picks. With those pics we drafted Brandon Albert, Jaamal Charles, and Brad Cottam. As for the TE that plays in Atlanta, yes I miss him. Lets all remember he asked to leave. He left us. I have no ill will for him. I do hope KC wins a Super bowl before Atlanta. Had he been here this year instead of Atlanta, I am sure he would have been a focus of our offence and probably would be making a trip to Miami in Feb. to the pro bowl. He was a special player here. Now he's just another TE. Maybe we let him go just in time. We have pick 50 or 51 this year because of this trade. What will come of this pick is yet to be seen. however with this pick we can pick up a quality safty, corner back, guard or tight end if you think we need it. I feel sure that the production from this pick will have an impact for years to come. I don't think either of these players would have gotten us to the playoffs this year. But the players we aquire from these trades will take us to the playoffs in the years to come.
FYI the only X that helped carry his new team to the post season is Viking.

Chiefster
01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their bellies. :D

wichitaj
01-09-2010, 11:22 PM
omg stop

Connie Jo
01-09-2010, 11:46 PM
omg stop

:lol:

Can't stop yet!!

I want to add...that the past player most missed by me in 2009 was that purple QB eater in Minnesota!

HA! :D

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Would you trade Jaamal Charles for JA

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Without JA trade we would not have Charles.

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 12:48 AM
You may note that JA is my favorite past player

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Would you trade Jaamal Charles for JA

Oh boy...that is not an easy question to answer for me...AT ALL! I don't know, I really don't...that's a tough one! hahaha

I'd love for JA to return to the Chiefs! In deep thought here...

Okay...though some will highly disagree, understandably...I don't think JA's talent/ability to make such a difference on a team...is as easy to come by in the NFL as that of RB's by comparison. It seems to me, there are far more talented and playmaking RB's out there than LB's of JA's caliber. In that aspect of thought, thinking I could find a RB as good as JC, but not a LB as good as JA...yeah, I'd make the trade.

JC is looking good, long term...but...I don't know what next season will bring. Assuming there will be many offensive changes hopefully making his game even better, but not guaranteed...won't be identical to this year, that is guaranteed! JA is gonna play well, regardless of change, less injury risk too. JA's playmaking game doesn't rely on as many team-mates doing their part as that of a RB.

Still...I can't say I'm 100% willing to make that trade. Now...if it were Derrick Thomas (RIP), in a heartbeat I'd make the trade. Note: My fav player is DT. :D

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 01:31 AM
It is a tough question. At the end of season JC would probably be considered the 2nd best in the league. JA 2nd in the league in sacks. Tough aint it. LOL

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Oh yeah...REAL TOUGH!! Even moreso considering JA was my favorite 'current' Chief prior to his leaving! DT is, and likely will always be my all time overall player...so he takes care of 'past and future', haha.

I consider more factor's of worth, rather than just JA's sack stat's...he was/is also valuable in his ability to rile up the fans...the '12th man'...which can be critical in a defensive aspect also.

JA...IMO...was the best defensive Chief we've had since DT. I was pissed when CP made the trade, regardless of who we traded for. I follow the Vike's now, because of JA and Favre. Favre is my all time fav QB...not simply based upon his record/stats...but also because of his undeniable love for the game, his energy on the field.

Players like JA and Favre...make watching football so much more fun and enjoyable! I love it! :D

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 02:00 AM
LOL I understand what your saying. I too am a fan of Brett. Love watching him and JA interact on the sidelines.
A DE that gets sacks does fire up the crowd a few times a game. But if JC can run next year as he did this year, he will fire up the crowd every time he touches the ball (20-25 times a game)
But wouldn't it be nice if we could have them both. Mayby with a good coach, Hali can deliver.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
LOL I understand what your saying. I too am a fan of Brett. Love watching him and JA interact on the sidelines.
A DE that gets sacks does fire up the crowd a few times a game. But if JC can run next year as he did this year, he will fire up the crowd every time he touches the ball (20-25 times a game)
But wouldn't it be nice if we could have them both. Mayby with a good coach, Hali can deliver.

Hali is a fav too, just not up there for me yet with JA.

Not just getting the sacks though related to firing up the crowd...JA would go directly to the fans, get his arm going indicating for us to create noise, etc.. His energy and enthusiasm was great, much fun, he made a fan want to scream and beat on seats making as much noise as possible for the defense.

I miss him. :(