PDA

View Full Version : What are your Super Bowl traditions?

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I traditionally host a Super Bowl Party downstairs, which I honorably call "The Chiefs Level". :D

This year my son & his wife will be co-hosting with me. Works out great...split the grocery cost 50/50...mom does all the cooking & cleaning to prepare, and the clean up, hahaha. That's what mom's are for though...right? :D

Traditional annual menu, all homemade made from scratch by hand in mom's (Connie Jo's) kitchen, haha:

Chili...two full 16qt pots!
Enchilada's...4 large pan's of them!
Cinnamon Rolls...4 large pan's of those too!
Sourdough Bread...8 loaves!
Cookie assortment...10 dozen!
Peanut Clusters...I don't count, but it's a lot!

Each guest brings a side dish to complete the menu, thankfully, cause by the time I get done cooking & baking all the above...
:beer:

AussieChiefsFan
01-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Sounds good!

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Sounds good!

What do you do for Super Bowl Aussie?...anything special?

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Sounds great Connie JO
At my house it is a time for morning. Its just another season that the chiefs died before the big game.
Then the wake starts. We celebrate the good times for the previous year by watching the most dominating game the Chiefs have that year. This year it will be the Donkeys. Then we start talking about the rebirth and potential of the Chiefs and get all pumped about the next season. Then we watch the Super Bowl. Usually cheering for the AFC, unless it is the Squeelers, Paties, or any team from AFC West. Then I have to cheer for the NFC.

Drinks: Scotch, Bourbon, and beer for the guys, chocolet martinies, and mudslides for the girls.

Food: Appt. Boiled shrimp and vegi trays.
Main course. Elk burgers, bratts, hotdogs, homemade baked beans, and about 20 bags of chip.

Then we round out the day with some sort of hangover preventive medicin and tums.

honda522
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I just follow the crowds to some good eats. :D

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Sounds great Connie JO
At my house it is a time for morning. Its just another season that the chiefs died before the big game.
Then the wake starts. We celebrate the good times for the previous year by watching the most dominating game the Chiefs have that year. This year it will be the Donkeys. Then we start talking about the rebirth and potential of the Chiefs and get all pumped about the next season. Then we watch the Super Bowl. Usually cheering for the AFC, unless it is the Squeelers, Paties, or any team from AFC West. Then I have to cheer for the NFC.

Drinks: Scotch, Bourbon, and beer for the guys, chocolet martinies, and mudslides for the girls.

Food: Appt. Boiled shrimp and vegi trays.
Main course. Elk burgers, bratts, hotdogs, homemade baked beans, and about 20 bags of chip.

Then we round out the day with some sort of hangover preventive medicin and tums.

AWESOME!! (except the Elk, have a bad memory related to my grandpa shooting an Elk in Oregon when I was 5 yrs old...I wasn't happy with him at all, believing he shot a horse with horns, haha.)

I've always wanted to play video of our Chiefs greatest moments pre-Super Bowl airing, but everyone want's to see the commercials, hahaha...which have expanded pre and post Super Bowl.

I'm not 'that' loyal to the AFC overall. The Packers have been my 2nd fav team since childhood, having relatives in Wisconsin. However, Bart Starr and Brett Favre were also contributor's to my favoring the Packers. Brett's a Vike now, as well as Jared Allen, another fav player...so I'm rooting for the Vikes to go all the way this Super Bowl.

I also have had a soft spot for the Saint's ever since Hank Stram left KC and coached the Saints.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
I just follow the crowds to some good eats. :D

Your plans sound really tempting!! I've always thought it would be fun to go hang out in a sports bar with "great eats" on Super Bowl Sunday...and great friends too of course!

KC Wolf use to tradtionally be booked and attend a Super Bowl Party at a sports bar somewhere around KC...unless my memory is wrong, which is possible, haha. That would be a blast of a party I would think...I love KC Wolf, he's hilarious!

N TX Dave
01-10-2010, 10:52 PM
For the last 16 years I have gone to the bowling alley and bowled on league but I don't bowl on the league anymore so I will have to figure out just what I am going to do maybe I could come over Connie Jo even though it would be a long drive.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
For the last 16 years I have gone to the bowling alley and bowled on league but I don't bowl on the league anymore so I will have to figure out just what I am going to do maybe I could come over Connie Jo even though it would be a long drive.

You are most certainly welcome to join us, hahaha! I'm about an 8 hr drive to the North Texas border, hahaha.

tornadospotter
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I traditionally host a Super Bowl Party downstairs, which I honorably call "The Chiefs Level". :D

This year my son & his wife will be co-hosting with me. Works out great...split the grocery cost 50/50...mom does all the cooking & cleaning to prepare, and the clean up, hahaha. That's what mom's are for though...right? :D

Traditional annual menu, all homemade made from scratch by hand in mom's (Connie Jo's) kitchen, haha:

Chili...two full 16qt pots!
Enchilada's...4 large pan's of them!
Cinnamon Rolls...4 large pan's of those too!
Sourdough Bread...8 loaves!
Cookie assortment...10 dozen!
Peanut Clusters...I don't count, but it's a lot!

Each guest brings a side dish to complete the menu, thankfully, cause by the time I get done cooking & baking all the above...
:beer:
I thinking about starting a new Super Bowl Tradition, how far is it to your house, can you send me a map, and what flavor side dish of beer would you like me to bring!:D

honda522
01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Your plans sound really tempting!! I've always thought it would be fun to go hang out in a sports bar with "great eats" on Super Bowl Sunday...and great friends too of course!

KC Wolf use to tradtionally be booked and attend a Super Bowl Party at a sports bar somewhere around KC...unless my memory is wrong, which is possible, haha. That would be a blast of a party I would think...I love KC Wolf, he's hilarious!
Oh, I don't go to bars. I just go where the food is at friends houses.

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I thinking about starting a new Super Bowl Tradition, how far is it to your house, can you send me a map, and what flavor side dish of beer would you like me to bring!:D

It depends on what part of Nebraska you're in! I'm only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Omaha! :D

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh, I don't go to bars. I just go where the food is at friends houses.

That's right, I remember...but I wasn't thinking of typical bars, more the sports restaurant and bar environment, rather than a night club or 'dive' bar.

The most important thing is being where the friends are!
:D

tornadospotter
01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
It depends on what part of Nebraska you're in! I'm only about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Omaha! :D
I am only 2 hrs west of Omaha, I could so make it time for pregame festivities, course making back to work the next morning, could be a problem. :D

Canada
01-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Mine is a three level Super Bowl party this year. We have about 40 skids piled up out back so we can have a big bonfire when we play out back in the afternoon. Then everyone goes home for a shower and the food all goes on the grills. We have three BBQs, 2 50" big screens in the house and a TV in the garage!!

The menu is

Chili
Ribs
Chicken wings
Chiecken drumstics
Lasagna
Pulled Pork
Pasta
and whatever everyone else brings

My new twist to this years SB is that I am not havin' a single drink. Its now been 10 days with no beer!!

matthewschiefs
01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I have some hot wings and just wish that the chiefs would be playing in the game. thats about all i do if the Chiefs were to ever get there I would probely have a ton of food and a lot of fun as long as the Chiefs win.

honda522
01-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Mine is a three level Super Bowl party this year. We have about 40 skids piled up out back so we can have a big bonfire when we play out back in the afternoon. Then everyone goes home for a shower and the food all goes on the grills. We have three BBQs, 2 50" big screens in the house and a TV in the garage!!

The menu is

Chili
Ribs
Chicken wings
Chiecken drumstics
Lasagna
Pulled Pork
Pasta

My new twist to this years SB is that I am not havin' a single drink. Its now been 10 days with no beer!!I am going to self invite myself over to this party, cause it sounds amazing.

Canada
01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I am going to self invite myself over to this party, cause it sounds amazing.

Anyone and everyone is always welcome at my house. Especially Chiefs fans!! We used to get a keg and roast a pig on a spit out in the backyard but it gets too cold to roast a pig.

GlennBree
01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Kool....but I may need to crash on your couch! Its kind of a long drive....

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I am only 2 hrs west of Omaha, I could so make it time for pregame festivities, course making back to work the next morning, could be a problem. :D

Well, you may be even closer if you're West of Omaha, not sure...I'm about an hour and 15 minutes drive Southeast of Falls City, Nebraska.

That's why it's called 'black Monday', hahaha. I think the Monday after Super Bowl should be declared and made a National Holiday, in honor of our country's most popular sport, it's heroe's and loyal fans! No doubt NFL fans are a majority within the population, considering all statistics!

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM

The menu is

Chili
Ribs
Chicken wings
Chiecken drumstics
Lasagna
Pulled Pork
Pasta

My new twist to this years SB is that I am not havin' a single drink. Its now been 10 days with no beer!!

TOTALLY AWESOME! Your party sounds way more fun than mine!! Wish I could afford the air fare, hahaha...I could use a good times vacation from OZ! LOL

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
PS: Congrats on the 10 days too!

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm as serious as I know my friend Canada is...any of y'all are welcome to join me at my house too! Just give me a shout out with letting me know! :)

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Wardrobe malfunctions at half time. :D j/k

stricken721
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM

The menu is

Chili
Ribs
Chicken wings
Chiecken drumstics
Lasagna
Pulled Pork
Pasta

That sounds awesome! Good job on 10 days without beer. :bananen_smilies046: < Not beer

matthewschiefs
01-12-2010, 02:43 PM

You do no that you wont be able to edit the tv right :11: :D

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 02:47 PM

WHY, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! :11: :lol:

tornadospotter
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM

WHY, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! :11: :lol:
Is this what you where wanting Chiefster, for half time show?
YouTube- Halloween Stripper

:11:

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Is this what you where wanting Chiefster, for half time show?
YouTube- Halloween Stripper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSOzmjjy8aw)

:11:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!

tornadospotter
01-12-2010, 11:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!
Do I get a infraction for posting nudity? I have no idea about the language. I can not read!:D

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Do I get a infraction for posting nudity? I have no idea about the language. I can not read!:D

...Didn't see any actual nudity. I don't think distant blurred silhouettes count. :D

tornadospotter
01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
...Didn't see any actual nudity. I don't think distant blurred silhouettes count. :D
Okay, I was a little worried about those bony things.:D

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Okay, I was a little worried about those bony things.:D

:lol: Have to admit, I was a bit concerned at first myself.

Connie Jo
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
HA! I get it now, haha. I couldn't figure out what Chiefster meant by Wardrobe Malfunctions...totally lost me, haha. Janet Jackson's little incident, hahaha.

Thanks TS...the stripper video helped me make the connection, lol.