PDA

View Full Version : Trading Brodie Croyle

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Currious to see what everyone thinks about this. May be the best player we have that we could do without. Mayby trading to San Fran for Franklin. OR hold onto your hats. What about trading to Arizona, Warner can't play forever and Linert just doesnt seem like he is ever going to be a starter. In my eyes they have a need. They also have a player that really doesn't want to be there. Would trade Brodie and a third for Antwon Boldin.
I think Coach Haley would love to have him here. Tell me what you thing GANG

figcrostic
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Currious to see what everyone thinks about this. May be the best player we have that we could do without. Mayby trading to San Fran for Franklin. OR hold onto your hats. What about trading to Arizona, Warner can't play forever and Linert just doesnt seem like he is ever going to be a starter. In my eyes they have a need. They also have a player that really doesn't want to be there. Would trade Brodie and a third for Antwon Boldin.

No we should keep Brodie he's not worth a lot and he's a good backup.

hometeam
01-10-2010, 10:56 AM
No trade value.

matthewschiefs
01-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Brodie is a good backup qb. Hes someone that can help this football team should Cassle go down. I would keep him.

honda522
01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I like Matt Gutierez as backup, but I just don't see someone thinking Croyle would fit their team.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I like Matt Gutierez as backup, but I just don't see someone thinking Croyle would fit their team.

I tend to agree with Honda.

I know the past is the past...but personally, I would've preferred they had traded Croyle and kept Thigpen. Oh well, past is the past!

silver5liter
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I have never seen so many miss spelled names.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I have never seen so many miss spelled names.

Really? Shoot, I see names and other words misspelled often, including doing it myself at times. I tend to have a wee bit of a Southern accent, and often when spelling a word I'm unfamiliar with will sound it out...and that Southern sound I hear in my head get's me in trouble with a vowel now and then.

I figure as long as I can read it and know who's being referred to...all is good in my Chiefs world, hahaha.
:bananen_smilies046: :D

marloweopatchiefs
01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes trade him defintely the guy is horrible...guiterrez was a good backup.

honda522
01-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes trade him defintely the guy is horrible...guiterrez was a good backup.
He is not horrible, he is just injury prone.

chief31
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I sincerely doubt that any team is going to be willing to part with anything for Brodie Croyle.

Not that I dislike his. Never seen the guy have a decent shot at proving himself.

But to any GM's eyes, he is a backup QB that is extremely injury-prone.

jacko58
01-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I like keeping Brodie to back Cassel up, I still like Cassel i think he is the answer if the wrs stop dropping everything and the line plays like they did at the end of the year. Croyle likes Haley and could step in if need be plus i don't think anyone would be interested he hasn't proved anything to anyone yet

Hayvern
01-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Brodie Croyle has little value, maybe a 4th or 5th round pick, but certainly nothing more than that and here are the reasons.

1. He is a free agent in a year where the collective bargaining agreement might go away, if it goes away, then he is an unrestricted free agent. No team is going to trade for a player that they have to then turnaround and enter a contract with. What if the contract negotiations fall through? Any smart team, would just wait until he becomes a free agent and then try to sign him.

2. if the collective bargaining agreement is renewed, then a trade would still be predicated on a contract negotiation.

3. Everyone owner and GM in the league knows what we know about Brodie Croyle. That is that he is injury prone, so what kind of value do you think he brings to the table, not much!

jacko58
01-10-2010, 06:52 PM
:sign0098:
Brodie Croyle has little value, maybe a 4th or 5th round pick, but certainly nothing more than that and here are the reasons.

1. He is a free agent in a year where the collective bargaining agreement might go away, if it goes away, then he is an unrestricted free agent. No team is going to trade for a player that they have to then turnaround and enter a contract with. What if the contract negotiations fall through? Any smart team, would just wait until he becomes a free agent and then try to sign him.

2. if the collective bargaining agreement is renewed, then a trade would still be predicated on a contract negotiation.

3. Everyone owner and GM in the league knows what we know about Brodie Croyle. That is that he is injury prone, so what kind of value do you think he brings to the table, not much!
:sign0098:

Chief Tyler
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat, but so would every other GM. It's incredibly unrealistic.
1. Like others have said Croyle has no trade value. He's going to be a F/A anyway (not completely sure though).
2. Besides, the only team that trades for draft picks and mediocre in a package deal is the Browns, and even they wouldn't do something like this.
3. Boldin was on the block last year and supposedly second rounders were offered for him and he's still in Arizona. His stock hasn't fallen that much.

okikcfan
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
It would not suprise me if the Chiefs pu a qb in the later rounds of the draft and also a fa in the offseason. If cassel was to go down for a prolonged period of time I don't think BC would last very long without getting hurt

AussieChiefsFan
01-10-2010, 10:14 PM
No we should keep Brodie he's not worth a lot and he's a good backup.

I think so too

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 02:18 AM
About a week ago in a press conference Haley had stated that Brodie is going play a big part of our offense next season...dont know how accurate that will prove to be, but we do know that Haley likes him, and wanted to start him over Cassel...I would not be surprised if Croyle is re signed and made the starter should Cassel struggle next season. Who knows... Doubt we trade him..we would have to re sign him first and eat the cap penalty...Doubt theres even too much of a market for Brodie

Chiefster
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM
No trade value.

...This.

Ryfo18
01-11-2010, 03:00 AM
At this point, he'd be no more valuable than Thigpen...a 5th rounder.

endzonewillie
01-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Not really that true, Thigpen stepped in and actually has won a game as a Chief, Brodie has yet to do that however I will revert to the beginning of this season where Cassell was hurt and Brodie stepped in, he took some shots I thought for sure he would be carted off the field and he got up and kept playing. He just had bad luck in his career and I would bet if he were placed in a system like Cassell had in NE he would be able to step up and win. Reality however will most likely not give him that oppertunity.

KristofLaw
01-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Brodie's inexpensive for us to keep and who knows maybe with all the time he's spent in KC he'll be groomed as a QB coach.

yashi
01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Brodie's a solid backup QB who knows the system and has good physical tools. I don't want to trade him for a 5th rounder which usually amounts to a player that is out of the league within a couple years. It's important to have a backup you can rely on. I just hope we can re-sign him.

hometeam
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
If you think Croyle is worth a 4th or 5th round pick than you are what we call in my business, an 'owner'

meaning, if you where willing to give that up for him, and you had the power, you just bought it for way more than what its worth :D

he has not one iota of trade value, there will be tons of backup QB's available, even some who arent injury prone.

jacko58
01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
i don't think a fourth rounder would be worth it, we have some picks brodie is a solid number two that really put us in a position to win against the ravens if cassel goes down or dosen't turn into what he should atleast brodie could step in and use his rocket arm, as long as our line looks like they did at the end of this last season

Bike
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I say let him go. Bring in somebody that has won at least 1 nfl game.

YZILLA
01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
After watching the Ravens game over this year , Im very on board with Brodie. Go back back and watch the game and tell me what you think. I think we have a great thing with Croyle. He has a strong arm, knows the system, and off the field you couldnt ask for a better guy to represent the team. You never hear him complain that hes getting the shaft each year he loses out to a different Qb He just says says Im gonna Practice and be ready to play whenever they need me. He is injury prone or at least has been, But That comes with taking a beating from no Oline protection, Hes a tough kid!

Hayvern
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah, Thigpen had more value that Croyle this year simply because Thigpen was not yet a free agent, despite the fact that he had more wins and more experience than Croyle.

jacko58
01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
:sign0104:
I say let him go. Bring in somebody that has won at least 1 nfl game.

or stick with someone that has been through this offense for a year, has a rocket arm, and only has not won again due to the teams hes been on, put most qbs in his situation the last three years and theyd stay down after being thrashed by haynesworth to

yashi
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
:sign0104:

or stick with someone that has been through this offense for a year, has a rocket arm, and only has not won again due to the teams hes been on, put most qbs in his situation the last three years and theyd stay down after being thrashed by haynesworth to

This.

jacko58
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
no offense yashi i just feel bad for how things have gone for croyle, had to go through the herm self destruction and its affected him physicaly but i don't think its shocked him mentally

yashi
01-12-2010, 07:02 AM
no offense yashi i just feel bad for how things have gone for croyle, had to go through the herm self destruction and its affected him physicaly but i don't think its shocked him mentally

I was agreeing with you. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
After watching the Ravens game over this year , Im very on board with Brodie. Go back back and watch the game and tell me what you think. I think we have a great thing with Croyle. He has a strong arm, knows the system, and off the field you couldnt ask for a better guy to represent the team. You never hear him complain that hes getting the shaft each year he loses out to a different Qb He just says says Im gonna Practice and be ready to play whenever they need me. He is injury prone or at least has been, But That comes with taking a beating from no Oline protection, Hes a tough kid!

Agreed. And good to see ya active again, Yzilla. :D

wichitaj
01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Brodie is more of a cut than trade option.

AussieChiefsFan
01-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Bit harsh.

Townlain
01-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't ditch Brodie like that, he's proved he can step-in and put the team in winning position. Not all teams can say they have a smart backup QB that can win games.

josh1971
01-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Not all teams can say they have a smart backup QB that can win games.

Well, not to disagree too strongly- but we don't either. We lost that Ravens game. In fact, I don't think Brodie has a tick in the win column in any game he's started (yet).

Still, I don't think we should get rid of him.

jb

Hayvern
01-14-2010, 10:54 AM

The nice thing is that he does not need to be cut, he is a free agent, let him go do what he wants to do. If no one bids on him, we can get him back for a song.

Hayvern
01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, not to disagree too strongly- but we don't either. We lost that Ravens game. In fact, I don't think Brodie has a tick in the win column in any game he's started (yet).

Still, I don't think we should get rid of him.

jb

There are a lot of guys in free agency this year, some that would work very well as a backup and would help Cassel learn a lot.

Chad Pennington
Joey Harrington
Chris Redman

I think any of these older guys are prime candidates if something happens where Croyle does not come back, and honestly, I do not expect him to be back.

Townlain
01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
There are a lot of guys in free agency this year, some that would work very well as a backup and would help Cassel learn a lot.

Chad Pennington
Joey Harrington
Chris Redman

I never thought about that, Redman would be an excellent pickup for backup QB. His being a veteran can help out Cassel immensely. And, look what he did for Atlanta when Ryan was out this year.

Pro_Angler
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I do not think he will be traded. We need him, he knows the system, plays and expectations of our coach.