PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Simple, you can pick anyone but Suh. He is the only player that we know will be gone. So make your pick as though we are picking #2. Make your pick and a brief note to tell us why.

My pick: Eric Berry - Easy to exsplain, if there is one player on defence that can affect the whole defence, it is a safty. Proof Ed Reed, Troy Polamalo, Darren Sharper.

hometeam
01-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Eric Berry. Best fit for our system/need/position in draft.

Pro_Angler
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
agreed Berry would fit well and a great need. he's kinda of smal though thats my only thing against him.

Ryfo18
01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
agreed Berry would fit well and a great need. he's kinda of smal though thats my only thing against him.

He's identical size to Ed Reed :). Berry is also my number 1 target. He will benefit the run and pass D.

Chief Tyler
01-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Berry has been my pick for the entire season and I'm sticking with it. If he's being compared to Ed Reed, I'd like a guy like that already, but even more so after seeing what the Ravens are doing to the Pats.

Connie Jo
01-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't follow NCAA football, so can't contribute an opinion rationally relating to the draft, but from the looks of it...many wiser than I seem to favor Berry...so I sure hope we get him!

pbatrucker
01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Rolando McClain. Besides NT, ILB is the weakest position on the Defense. McClain is good against the run and in coverage, has good instints. He is smart, not only knowing his position, but those of his teamates and gets them lined up. A firey leader that loves football. I don't know of too many players that spend time with their girl friends watching game film.
You take McClain in the 1st rd and another rush OLb in the 2nd, Miller or Norwood will probably be available.
If we can get a NT as a FA. The safties won't have to play in the box as much in run support and with a better pass rush opposing QB's won't have 6 seconds to throw the ball, thus the CB's will look better.

honda522
01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Barring are needs?

For different Scenarios....
WR - Danario Alexander - Missouri
KR/PR - Jordan Shipley - Texas
QB - Colt McCoy (Before injury) - Texas
RB - Mark Ingram (Heisman Winner!) - Alabama
SS - Eric Berry - Tennesse
LB - Rolando McClain - Alabama

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Relondo McClain any day. Natural leader, fast, good in coverage, sideline to sideline sure tackler, hes played in the 3-4, and he can hit. I like his build too...6'1 250. With a LB like that in the middle, our safety play would be better automatically. Still need a NT though...

captainamerica
01-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Well I'd like to have either Berry or Okung if both those guys are gone than I'd try and trade down and than I'd select the BPA out of these options

(in this order)
1. Rolando McClain
2. Joe Haden
3. Dan Williams
4. Anthony Davis
5.Terrance Cody
6. Dez Bryant

AussieChiefsFan
01-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Berry, for the reason everyone else has. ;)

chief31
01-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Well I'd like to have either Berry or Okung if both those guys are gone than I'd try and trade down.

I don't remember starting a second account under the name of captainamerica. Nor posting this comment under said alias.

hat's wierd. :yahoo:

70 chiefsfan70
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Berry, he would make an imediate inpact, and would continue to stay that way for 12 years, if hes gone hopefully we have some trading power with Clausen or even Suh.

other choices would be in this order
Okung
McClain
Williams
Haden

its still early, as a lot of things will change, there are always some guys that show real well in the combines. others with bad showing. and FA always changes everything as well.

Go CHIEFS!

yashi
01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Eric Berry... a consensus top 2 player in the draft and also would be a huge upgrade over Mike Brown.

After Berry, in order:

LT Okung
ILB McClain
CB Haden

KristofLaw
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
At this early moment way before the draft I have these three players on my watch list Eric Berry, Sam Bradford & Taylor Mays. There are many others I like as well but I would for sure like one of these three, although I would only use the fifth pick on Berry.

Next.

captainamerica
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
At this early moment way before the draft I have these three players on my watch list Eric Berry, Sam Bradford & Taylor Mays. There are many others I like as well but I would for sure like one of these three, although I would only use the fifth pick on Berry.

Next.
You actually would want us to consider Sam Bradford? I don't see how he'd be worth that early of a draft pick and all that money that goes with it considering how unproven he is, how questionable his arm strength is, and how banged up he has been.

KristofLaw
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
You actually would want us to consider Sam Bradford? I don't see how he'd be worth that early of a draft pick and all that money that goes with it considering how unproven he is, how questionable his arm strength is, and how banged up he has been.

Yes I personally am extremely interested in him at QB. I realize he got dinged this year. He should have came out last year for his betterment probably. But as I said, not with the fifth pick, I think he'll likely drop and if we are so lucky, so can we... or move up with our other picks, etc.

Point is, in my case, I have an interest in him. Do we need a Qb, who knows probably not, and we should draft elsewhere this year. I just think in comparison he's better than Sanchez by far and look where Sanchez is, but I've been wrong many times before.

yashi
01-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes I personally am extremely interested in him at QB. I realize he got dinged this year. He should have came out last year for his betterment probably. But as I said, not with the fifth pick, I think he'll likely drop and if we are so lucky, so can we... or move up with our other picks, etc.

Point is, in my case, I have an interest in him. Do we need a Qb, who knows probably not, and we should draft elsewhere this year. I just think in comparison he's better than Sanchez by far and look where Sanchez is, but I've been wrong many times before.

Such a huge commitment to take a QB in the 1st round, and there are an infinite list of question marks with Bradford. Shoulder surgeries for quarterbacks always take their arm strength down a notch, and Bradford's arm strength was far from elite to begin with. Then there's the fact that he hasn't taken a snap from under center in his life, so who knows if he'll be able to do it or not.

I do like him a lot, especially his awesome accuracy, but I view him as a best case Chad Pennington personally. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Pennington is the most accurate QB in NFL history.

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Sanchez went to a team that was ready for him. The jets had a top defense, top running game, and established WRs...not aot of rookie QBs get that luxury. Having a more complete team makes it lot easier for young QBs to succeed...personally I dont think Bradford ill be half the QB the Sanchez will ever be, and Im not abi fan of Sanchez. Lots of bumps and bruises, and he has still to ake a snp in a pro style offense. Im sure someone will be willing to trade up to grab him though...hopfully him and Clausen will still be thre when we draft so we can hav some more trade opportunities

kcnation
01-12-2010, 07:55 PM
rolando mclain for sure,our linebackers suck

SAPHOJUNKIE
01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Russell Okung or Bruce Campbell. Offensive line is still our must crucial upgrade, and it is the position (other than QB) where the money is least inflated against market value.

oregonchieffan58
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I am liking Jermaine Gresham, the TE from Oklahoma

Connie Jo
01-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I am liking Jermaine Gresham, the TE from Oklahoma

Hey there...I'm curious with your user name, were you in Canton for DT's Induction Ceremony? If so, I think I know you! hahaha

josh1971
01-14-2010, 12:02 AM
rolando mclain for sure,our linebackers suck

I disagree- Hali played great, and Demorrio Williams wasn't the team's leading tackler by accident.

Mays, Belcher, Vrabel... meh.

And it's hard to tell with Studebaker- yet. I mean, I agree that we could use some upgrade there, but a blanket statement that our linbackers suck isn't true.

jb

DC_Chiefsfan
01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
McClain. It has to be. Hopefully we can trade down for him. But he's smart, energetic and incredibly talented. We have a good LB or two but McClain could help "rally the troops" so to speak. If you watch, our LBs had NO attitude this season.

By the way, look at the Bengals last couple of early picks:
2008: Keith Rivers
2009: Andre Smith; Ray Maualuga

Rivers and Maualuga made immediate impacts and the Bengals D is top notch this year. Andre Smith DOMINATED college football, but is a backup RT for the Bungles. Top 5 is too early to draft OL and we may be able to pick up SS Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays or even that SS out of Kansas in 2nd round. Also, OL is overloaded this year. How about Jason Fox (Miami), or even Sam Young (ND)?

Coach
01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm on the McClain bandwagon today.

kcmostwanted
01-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Relondo McClain any day. Natural leader, fast, good in coverage, sideline to sideline sure tackler, hes played in the 3-4, and he can hit. I like his build too...6'1 250. With a LB like that in the middle, our safety play would be better automatically. Still need a NT though...

Correction MDchiefs...

McClain is:
6'4" 258... not 6'1" 250....

So basically the same measurements as Brian urlacher.

I think McClain has to be our guy this year... Our run D was horrible and although D. Williams was our top tackler, nobody's scared of a 6'1" 230lb LB in a 3-4 Defense...

You throw in McClain and our LB's look a lot scarier...

McClain ... 6-4 258
DJ .... 6-3 242
T. Hali ... 6-3 270
Vrabel ... 6-4 261

MDChiefs!
01-15-2010, 12:40 AM
:toast2: indeed sir...thank you. looks like an even sexier pick now

Correction MDchiefs...

McClain is:

I think McClain has to be our guy this year... Our run D was horrible and although D. Williams was our top tackler, nobody's scared of a 6'1" 230lb LB in a 3-4 Defense...

McClain ... 6-4 258
DJ .... 6-3 242
T. Hali ... 6-3 270
Vrabel ... 6-4 261

texaschief
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Correction MDchiefs...

McClain is:

McClain ... 6-4 258
DJ .... 6-3 242
T. Hali ... 6-3 270
Vrabel ... 6-4 261

McClain. It has to be. Hopefully we can trade down for him. But he's smart, energetic and incredibly talented. We have a good LB or two but McClain could help "rally the troops" so to speak. If you watch, our LBs had NO attitude this season.

By the way, look at the Bengals last couple of early picks:
2008: Keith Rivers
2009: Andre Smith; Ray Maualuga

Rivers and Maualuga made immediate impacts and the Bengals D is top notch this year. Andre Smith DOMINATED college football, but is a backup RT for the Bungles. Top 5 is too early to draft OL and we may be able to pick up SS Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays or even that SS out of Kansas in 2nd round. Also, OL is overloaded this year. How about Jason Fox (Miami), or even Sam Young (ND)?

I'm on the McClain bandwagon today.

All truth.

McClain HAS to be the pick. If this league is all about the QBs, you HAVE to go get a QB for your defense. The best defenses in this league have great leaders. The Chiefs DESPERATELY need that guy who will be there for the next decade plus. Vrabel won't be that guy for the long-term even if he comes back. I would even consider drafting Brandon Spikes with the first pick in the 2nd round and moving DJ back outside. We've spent 2 high picks on the DL, now we finish building the next level. IMO, the most critical area of a defense is the linebackers and the Chiefs have consistently neglected this area for years.

tornadospotter
01-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Lots of folks posting about potential picks, some of us may not have seen any of these players or know to much about them. I have an idea, post a video of them in this thread, if you find a video.
Who Should the Chiefs Draft in 2010? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12178)