PDA

View Full Version : Who will it be?

AussieChiefsFan
01-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Who do you think will be in the Super Bowl?

I've made up my mind.

I say;

Arizona Cardinals & San Diego Chargers

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Cowboys and Colts

As much as I dont like the cowboys, they have looked unstoppable the last several weeks and havent skipped a beat. I dont think theyre going to lose the momentum :(

chief31
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM
I'll stick with my season starting favorites, Vikings and Colts.

The Cowboys have been on fire lately. But I don't think that they are gonna be able to go to Minnesota and shut them down.

We shall see, though.

tornadospotter
01-11-2010, 03:02 AM
I am rooting for the Vikes, to win. Vikes and Colts.

Chiefster
01-11-2010, 03:05 AM
The participants in this years Super Bowl will be comprised of both the AFC and NFC Champions. :D

AussieChiefsFan
01-11-2010, 06:36 AM
The participants in this years Super Bowl will be comprised of both the AFC and NFC Champions. :D

:lol:

KristofLaw
01-11-2010, 07:38 AM
The Bolts have the best shot of taking out the Colts IMO. In the NFC... haven't got a clue, I guess I'll just say I'm rooting for the Saints and the Cards' now that the Packers are gone. Fantastic game last night, Kurt Warner was unstoppable in that game! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I am still going to stay with my preseason picks Vikings and chargers.

yashi
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
I still believe the Cowboys will inevitably choke at some point. I think it will be the Saints and Chargers, even with the Saints recent struggles.

honda522
01-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I have a bad feeling it will be the Chargers - Cowboys

Hoping it will not be the Cowboys for sure.

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM

:funnypost:

I'm rooting for my favorite, the Vikes! I favor them because of Favre and Jared Allen being on the team, as well...I have a very dear friend in MN who's as loyal to his Vikes as I am my Chiefs...and he's been waiting for a SB return as long as I have! The Vikes last SB appearance was in SBIV, when the Chiefs beat them!

The Vikes also took Stenerud when the Chiefs let him go back in the early 70's...I was grateful to them for that, cause Jan wasn't ready to stop playing. I'm also a bit partial to the Saints with Hank Stram going there after the Chiefs.

As far as AFC, I really don't have a preference, although do have a couple aquaintance type friends who are Jets fans, and another who is a Colts fan. If I can't root for my Chiefs, I root for teams of friends...but really don't have any good friends who are fans AFC playoff teams this year.

Holy moly...I just realized I have a too sentimental heart I allow to influence my Super Bowl preferences...I should likely get past that, hahaha.

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I really didn't answer your question Aussie, haha. It wasn't about who one was rooting for, rather who does one think will make it.

I think the Vikes and Chargers. I'm a wee bit leaning towards thinking the Jets could pull an upset though.

Vandelay
01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Cowboys, Colts.
Just as long as the Dolts don't win then I will be happy.

tornadospotter
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM

I'm rooting for my favorite, the Vikes! I favor them because of Favre and Jared Allen being on the team, as well...I have a very dear friend in MN who's as loyal to his Vikes as I am my Chiefs...and he's been waiting for a SB return as long as I have! The Vikes last SB appearance was in SBIV, when the Chiefs beat them!

The Vikes also took Stenerud when the Chiefs let him go back in the early 70's...I was grateful to them for that, cause Jan wasn't ready to stop playing. I'm also a bit partial to the Saints with Hank Stram going there after the Chiefs.

As far as AFC, I really don't have a preference, although do have a couple aquaintance type friends who are Jets fans, and another who is a Colts fan. If I can't root for my Chiefs, I root for teams of friends...but really don't have any good friends who are fans AFC playoff teams this year.

Holy moly...I just realized I have a too sentimental heart I allow to influence my Super Bowl preferences...I should likely get past that, hahaha.
Just a correction to your post, the Vikes have been in the SB I think 3 times after SB IV. They have never won a SB. I was a huge Fran Tarkington fan.

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Just a correction to your post, the Vikes have been in the SB I think 3 times after SB IV. They have never won a SB. I was a huge Fran Tarkington fan.

Well I'll be damned...all these yrs I had myself convinced their last SB appearance was SBIV. Once I began working so much, & raising my kids...I sort of didn't follow teams other than the Chiefs much...guess that's when I missed the Vikes returning to a SB, hahaha.

Edit...Re-thinking...I think I know why I thought that...I often think of the original AFC & NFC teams, pre NFL merger and last Super Bowl...the teams who haven't returned since the merger. One of those is the Jets, and I think I might have confused the Vikes with the Jets...Brett playing for both.

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 01:30 AM

You really know your Chiefs/NFL history. :D

stricken721
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Anybody but the Chargers

Canada
01-12-2010, 03:38 PM
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets....against Favre and the Viqueens

Vanilla Garilla
01-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Chargers vs. Saints, Chargers when in a shootout!

Connie Jo
01-12-2010, 06:45 PM
You really know your Chiefs/NFL history. :D

Thankfully better than I did the Vikes SB history, hahaha!

I don't know by memory players career stats and such, nor can I always tell ya which great games were during which season. I remember many details of fav players mostly, and file away stuff in my head I've picked up on over the years, but my knowledge base isn't nearly as great as it should be for as long as I've been a Chiefs fan.

I guess it's one of those cases where I remember what's most important to me, rather than what might be most important to a majority, hahaha. :D

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Thankfully better than I did the Vikes SB history, hahaha!

I don't know by memory players career stats and such, nor can I always tell ya which great games were during which season. I remember many details of fav players mostly, and file away stuff in my head I've picked up on over the years, but my knowledge base isn't nearly as great as it should be for as long as I've been a Chiefs fan.

I guess it's one of those cases where I remember what's most important to me, rather than what might be most important to a majority, hahaha. :D

I'm the same way; I remember games and players from the "91" - "94" seasons like it was yesterday.