PDA

View Full Version : turn around team of the year

dale6734
01-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Yesterday on the NFL network postgame show Shannon Sharp picked the Chiefs as the team to make the biggest turn around in 2010. He even went as far as to say they make the playoffs.:fan_wave2:

dale6734
01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Correction. It was the CBS post game show.

MDChiefs!
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Of all people, Shannon Sharpe gave us some love...good to hear. Personally, I dont see playoffs just yet, be we are sure going in the right direction. It always means a little more coming from him :)

pbatrucker
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Almost every year, 6 teams that do not make the playoffs, make the plaoffs the following year. With a good off season, getting players to fill our weak positions anything is possible..
With that said I would be satisfied with 8 wins next year.

matthewschiefs
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I saw that to. Hopefuly he turns out to be right about this one.

honda522
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Shannon Sharp? GTFO! Shannon Sharp....no way, I don't believe you. He bags on the Chiefs every min he gets, and promotes the Donks a whole lot.

If this is true, its good to hear.

Canada
01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I think we should be able to take a shot at winning our division next year. Denver is who we thought they were and we whooped their as$!! Oakland is jokeland and SD is getting old. I dont think its out of the realm of possibility (with the right offseason moves) to make a run at the West. Just my $0.02

GlennBree
01-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Very possible!!! I'm a believer!!

SIC J
01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I think it going to come down to what are schedule is. Chiefs should be a lot more competition for their division rivals next year and should win at least 4 out of the 6. Since the Chiefs didn't have a good season, their schedule shouldn't be as hard which makes an easier chance of making the playoffs.

Canada
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I think it going to come down to what are schedule is. Chiefs should be a lot more competition for their division rivals next year and should win at least 4 out of the 6. Since the Chiefs didn't have a good season, their schedule shouldn't be as hard which makes an easier chance of making the playoffs.Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs 2010 Opponents (http://www.kcchiefs.com/2010_opponents/)

jacko58
01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
lol dang you shannon sharpe first good thing ever to come out of his mouth lol

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Shannon Sharp? GTFO! Shannon Sharp....no way, I don't believe you. He bags on the Chiefs every min he gets, and promotes the Donks a whole lot.

I know my eyebrows raised when I read SS said this about the Chiefs, cause you're right...he criticizes & rags on the Chiefs every opportunity...at least when I've watched him talk he has.

I'm skeptical...he want's his HOF Induction, trying to win brownie points among peers, journalist voters, hahaha.

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I think we should be able to take a shot at winning our division next year. Denver is who we thought they were and we whooped their as$!! Oakland is jokeland and SD is getting old. I dont think its out of the realm of possibility (with the right offseason moves) to make a run at the West. Just my $0.02

Totally agree!!
:yahoo:

matthewschiefs
01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I know my eyebrows raised when I read SS said this about the Chiefs, cause you're right...he criticizes & rags on the Chiefs every opportunity...at least when I've watched him talk he has.

I'm skeptical...he want's his HOF Induction, trying to win brownie points among peers, journalist voters, hahaha.

I dont think thats the kind of person Sharp is. I Think he is good at what he does when hes not talking about the AFC west IMO . There is a clear favorite he has and anyone would if you had that history with that team, But Shannon was good enough to make the Hall of fame without needing brownie points. I hope that hes right about this one. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Fansincebirth
01-11-2010, 06:14 PM
San Diago is not just getting old, they have a ton of players comming into new contracts. No way they can keep everyone. Will see alot of their players on FA market. The will be doing some rebuilding next year. If they dont win their superbowl this year, they will not get it.

Three7s
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
For those wanting visual proof, here it is! I was shocked myself.....

YouTube- Hot Topic: Next Year's Rebound Teams

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 06:23 PM

I dont think thats the kind of person Sharp is. I Think he is good at what he does when hes not talking about the AFC west IMO . There is a clear favorite he has and anyone would if you had that history with that team, But Shannon was good enough to make the Hall of fame without needing brownie points. I hope that hes right about this one. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

I know, he's deserving based on his record of play. I'm just bias, and was being sarcastic, haha.

That and last year when Shannon didn't make the HOF, there was much speculation as to why among journalists. Some speculated it had to do with his negative reputation related to bashing the Chiefs, as well as DT being nominated at the same time. A political boycott of respect for the Chiefs organization and in particular DT was speculated as to why Shannon was passed up. True or not, who knows, haha.

I just haven't had much love for Shannon since he baited Derrick Thomas (RIP) on Monday Night Football that created the only situation in DT's career he lost his cool. It resulted in the Chiefs being avoided for another MNF appearance for quite some time.

Anyway...I simply have no love for Shannon, at all.

Bike
01-11-2010, 07:17 PM

Sounds like with shanarat gone he is shifting loyalties!

honda522
01-11-2010, 07:41 PM
For those wanting visual proof, here it is! I was shocked myself.....

YouTube- Hot Topic: Next Year's Rebound Teams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WY7BRJoagw)
No way, that was edited.

:lol:

I am in shock.

tornadospotter
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I am not surprised, after all we are undefeated this year!:D

Connie Jo
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I am not surprised, after all we are undefeated this year!:D

:fan_wave2:

TRUE!! hahahaha

chiefan
01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
If we get Crennel to add on with Weis, and draft Rolondo McClain, and get a good FA nose tackle, then I love our playoff chances as a wildcard ahead of Denver but behind San Diego.

drstandley31
01-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not going there yet. OK, perhaps I'm setting the expectation low so I'll be happy when they exceed it. But we have holes at LB, OL, DL & WR, and I'm not sure Brown is going to have much left in the tank at Safety. So I think next year is a 6-7 win year, moving towards a winning record in 2011. But I hope I'm wrong and you all are right!!!