PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Is Jamaal Charles Better Than Chris Johnson?

Coach
01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Read Article Here... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14806&Itemid=2)

tornadospotter
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Before I even read the article, I am going to say yes, because he is a CHIEF!!!!!

jason1981
01-12-2010, 09:41 PM
After watching both hightlights. Besides the jersey's the look like twins with how they run. Its a very good arguement to have. I would say Charles is better cuz im a chiefs fan only but give Charles the same amount of experience as Johnson and you will find out. It did look like Johnson had bigger holes then Charles did. We shall see next year with Charles starting the whole year.

kcnation
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
im a huge charles fan,but theres no way that he is better than chris johnson...really cmon,why even start this debate

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Before I even read the article, I am going to say yes, because he is a CHIEF!!!!!

Woot! :D

honda522
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't see where this isn't a good comparison. Both have the same style of running and the same type of speed.

I'd like to see Chris Johnson do what Jamaal did with our OL.

I think JC might be faster. You what JC and it looks like he barley puts any effort into running full speed. Yet, you watch CJ and it looks like he is struggling to run fast.

JC is a track star, capable of being in the Olympics. I'd like to see these 2 go head to head in a 200 meter race.

matthewschiefs
01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I dont think we have seen enough to answer. Jamal has not Proven he can do it for a FULL season. From what we have seen he can be better then Johson but for me I just have to see that he wont ware down during the season before I can say hes better.

Chiefster
01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I dont think we have seen enough to answer. Jamal has not Proven he can do it for a FULL season. From what we have seen he can be better then Johson but for me I just have to see that he wont ware down during the season before I can say hes better.

Perhaps, but ya gotta admit 1000+ yards only starting eight games is pretty compelling.

Chief Tyler
01-12-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm going to reserve my *professional* judgment :) until next year. I'd like to see how the two stack up against each other when defenses are gunning for both of them week in and week out, though I'm sure JC was the biggest part of the defensive game plan for the last few teams he saw. I think we all remember what he did to them!

But as a fan, I'd take JC any day of the weak. Just need to get that guy some sticky tar on his hands.

AussieChiefsFan
01-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Jamaal Charles IS the best RB in the league. The reasons I am sure of that:

1. JC is almost as good as CJ (he'd be better than CJ if the OL was better)
2. JC has a bad OL and CJ doesn't
3. When the Chiefs upgrade their OL significantly JC will be rushing for 2000 on a yearly basis!

I know I didnt explain that very well but you know what I mean.

loyalchief91
01-13-2010, 10:20 AM
similar styles. I'd give CJ the edge.....for now

Ryfo18
01-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Until Jamaal runs for 2000 yards and lasts a full 16 games, CJ has him.

honda522
01-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Until Jamaal runs for 2000 yards and lasts a full 16 games, CJ has him.
I don't see how yards are a big stat for measuring how good a player is. If you look it at this way..what if the Chiefs only gave Charles the ball when they are within the 35 yard line? Now this is only a senario but what if he only scored everytime he got the ball from the 35 yard line? He might only have 70 yards a game on 2 carries. Now this is in theory.

My point is yards are nothing really, its what can you do with nothing.

Fansincebirth
01-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Kind of a rediculous senario, But I do see what your saying. I believe you are trying to say its more about yards per carry than total yards. Just like the most talented team doesn't always win the game, the best back may not always run for the most yards. JC has some special talent, but even JC would tell you that he still has something to prove.

honda522
01-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Kind of a rediculous senario, But I do see what your saying. I believe you are trying to say its more about yards per carry than total yards. Just like the most talented team doesn't always win the game, the best back may not always run for the most yards. JC has some special talent, but even JC would tell you that he still has something to prove.
Yea, YAC seems to be more important of a factor that total yards. Even the amount of runs of 20+ should factor into the equation

Ryfo18
01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't see how yards are a big stat for measuring how good a player is. If you look it at this way..what if the Chiefs only gave Charles the ball when they are within the 35 yard line? Now this is only a senario but what if he only scored everytime he got the ball from the 35 yard line? He might only have 70 yards a game on 2 carries. Now this is in theory.

My point is yards are nothing really, its what can you do with nothing.

You're right. I guess I just want to see Jamaal play over the course of the season before I try to crown him the best RB in the league (assuming CJ is that right now).

honda522
01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Well here is no reason why we can't compare the 2..cause they both look the same.

Anyone who says that JC has nothing on CJ is oblivious.