PDA

View Full Version : Clancy is Gone?

rongreen1@mac.com
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Found this at the end of the update on Romeo.

610 Sports - Homepage (http://www.610sports.com/)

rongreen1@mac.com
01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Here is the text of the update:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) Former Cleveland Browns coach Romeo Crennel has spoken to the New York Giants by telephone about their vacant defensive coordinator's job but is giving the Kansas City Chiefs the first shot at hiring him. Crennel's agent, Joe Linta, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Tuesday that Crennel is focused on becoming the Chiefs' defensive coordinator. Chiefs coach Todd Haley fired Clancy Pendergast after the regular season ended.

yashi
01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
What? That's not correct. Pendergast hasnt been fired yet.

Coach
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I believe that is bad information so far as it hasn't been made public yet.

But on Sirius NFL radio today, Todd Haley made no secrets about this interest in Romeo Crennel. So I wouldn't be surprised if Todd has told Clancy that he wouldn't be retained as the DC, but there could be other opportunities on the team for him.

AussieChiefsFan
01-13-2010, 01:29 AM
What? That's not correct. Pendergast hasnt been fired yet.

Thats what I though...

dbolan
01-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Haley hired Clancy and retained Gailey which was fired during the season. Now Clancy is gone.

Also, I called out that JC should be the starting RB and that proved to be the right call.

On top of that, I was never a Bowe fan and proclaimed such. Seems as if his season was a bit of a blunder as well.

In addition, Cassell never tripped my trigger either. Of course he did have better receivers and O-LIne in NE.

We did not address our offensive woes which were OL and WR.

Props to JC for his season!

Starting to wonder about our head honchos a little.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Haley hired Clancy and retained Gailey which was fired during the season. Now Clancy is gone.

Also, I called out that JC should be the starting RB and that proved to be the right call.

On top of that, I was never a Bowe fan and proclaimed such. Seems as if his season was a bit of a blunder as well.

In addition, Cassell never tripped my trigger either. Of course he did have better receivers and O-LIne in NE.

I have always thought that starting LJ at the start of the season was the right thing for haley to do. I will say again that he could only go by what he saw. In the preseason Charles could not hold on to the ball. It worked out well and Charles had a great season. But i am sure he benifited from time to work on that fumble problem.

We did not address o line or wr? we made a trade with Miami to address the O line as I recall and we signed probley more WRS then any team in the NFL. We simply have not had enough time with the new managment to address all the issues that this team has. Give time for them to work all these issues out.

Fansincebirth
01-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter): In addition to hiring defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, the Chiefs terminated the contract of the coach he'll replace, Clancy Pendergast.

Fansincebirth
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
You having such a good memory, you should remember that Coach Haley tried to hire Crennel Last year

Fansincebirth
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Coach Haley was hired so lat in the season he didnt get a chance to build his staff.

josh1971
01-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Or really get out there and evaluate talent.

SAPHOJUNKIE
01-13-2010, 01:44 PM

oh wow how impressive. What are you even talking about? these are almost unrelated statements.

MDChiefs!
01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Good for you sir. I think you should be our new HC

Seek
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Now, this may be true. Clancy said his job with the Chiefs was safe, but he never said as DC... He may have been fired as the DC, but still retains a role on the staff.... I still believe Clancy was a stop gap DC even through the entire year waiting for Crennel since the Chiefs fought hard to have Crennel last year. I think Clancy knew that, and is okay with it.

yashi
01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Now, this may be true. Clancy said his job with the Chiefs was safe, but he never said as DC... He may have been fired as the DC, but still retains a role on the staff.... I still believe Clancy was a stop gap DC even through the entire year waiting for Crennel since the Chiefs fought hard to have Crennel last year. I think Clancy knew that, and is okay with it.

I'm guessing DB coach. I'm OK with him staying as a position coach. That's nice of him to accept a demotion.

Ryfo18
01-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm guessing DB coach. I'm OK with him staying as a position coach. That's nice of him to accept a demotion.

From Rotoworld.com:

"Coach Todd Haley expects last year's defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast to remain with the team, likely as defensive backs coach.
It's quite a demotion for Pendergast, who may explore other opportunities before accepting Haley's offer. The Falcons have been mentioned as a potential landing spot for Pendergast, also as defensive backs coach."

tornadospotter
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I do not think it is a demotion so to speak, after listening to the press conference, I think this was a done deal last year, and Clancy knew that he was just filling in for the season. I am reading between the lines here, I know, but that is what I think. :11:

Coach
01-14-2010, 10:36 PM

I do not think it is a demotion so to speak, after listening to the press conference, I think this was a done deal last year, and Clancy knew that he was just filling in for the season. I am reading between the lines here, I know, but that is what I think. :11:

I agree. The Chiefs tried to get Crennel last year but couldn't because of hip surgery. Haley has said many of times to the press that he felt like it would be a yr process to get his coaching staff in place. I think there was a gentleman's agreement. It wasn't like Clancy came to KC with a phenomenal resume as a DC.