PDA

View Full Version : Is the mighty wallet opening up?

Vanilla Garilla
01-13-2010, 10:36 AM
So with the signings of two enormous coordinators in Weis and Crennel, is Clark Hunt finally opening up his wallet this off season?

I know that these two did not come cheap, as they have a resume practically better than any and all other coordinators in the business. Maybe this will spill over to free agency, and we will be able to attract top talent, and actually offer them enough $$$ to make it worth their while.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2010, 10:47 AM
It looks like he might be i guess we will find out when it comes time to sign free agents just how much he is willing to spend on this team. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Ryfo18
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Hopefully we have some money left over to sign some free agents...that's what I'm more worried about.

yashi
01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Our coordinators are indeed enormous. KC BBQ joints are going to be banking.

Vanilla Garilla
01-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Our coordinators are indeed enormous. KC BBQ joints are going to be banking.

LMAO Quote of the month right there buddy!

figcrostic
01-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Hopefully we have some money left over to sign some free agents...that's what I'm more worried about.

We will be fine

pbatrucker
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
The Chiefs have never been cheap when paying coaches. Pioli has stated that he has no restrictions as far as spending and says he wouldn't have taken the job if there were.
IMO if you exspect him to be a huge player in the FA market, you my friends will be very dissapointed. That has not been the Pioli way and I don't exspect him to change.

Vanilla Garilla
01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
IMO if you exspect him to be a huge player in the FA market, you my friends will be very dissapointed. That has not been the Pioli way and I don't exspect him to change.

True, however New England has brought in exceptional players such as Izzo, and Stallworth. Sure they are not "big" names, but they got the job done. We need to address a lot of areas via free agency, so i hope they do not shy away from spending.

josh1971
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, the free agency period is going to be very interesting this year.

Everyone say it with me... "Wilfork"

I'd be pleased as punch with that signing.

captainamerica
01-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Our coordinators are expensive, but I'd be willing to bet that Todd Haley is not, so in the end things are probably evened out and were probably close to the league average when it comes to money spent on coaching staff.

Bike
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Our coordinators are expensive, but I'd be willing to bet that Todd Haley is not, so in the end things are probably evened out and were probably close to the league average when it comes to money spent on coaching staff.
Interesting. Both our coordinators making more than the head coach.

Chief Tyler
01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, the free agency period is going to be very interesting this year.

Everyone say it with me... "Wilfork"

I'd be pleased as punch with that signing.

I don't think they'll let Wilfork go. I'm sure that was the intention when letting go of Seymour, they have a few nice offensive pieces hitting the F/A market this year though. Some decent OL guys and Ben Watson would help!

Fansincebirth
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
San Diago has alot of free agents this year also. Dont think they will be able to keep them all if they get the CBA done. If they dont get a new CBA done, there will not be much out there worth getting.

Pro_Angler
01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
im not as concerned with bringing in big named players..they got that way through good coaching and coordinators!! We have those in place now lets make our own big named players..

brish
01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
im not as concerned with bringing in big named players..they got that way through good coaching and coordinators!! We have those in place now lets make our own big named players..

Word!

Fansincebirth
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Well said

Bravo Bravo

Hayvern
01-13-2010, 07:51 PM
True, however New England has brought in exceptional players such as Izzo, and Stallworth. Sure they are not "big" names, but they got the job done. We need to address a lot of areas via free agency, so i hope they do not shy away from spending.

I would rather have 22 average to good players, than I would 2 superstars that break the bank.

Connie Jo
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM

YES! :yahoo:

Pro_Angler
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
holy crap Ive never been quoted so many times.....

yashi
01-14-2010, 06:38 PM

:fan_wave2:

matthewschiefs
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM

I agree we need to devolpe our own talent. That will make us good for a good while. Look at the team we seem to be trying to be.The Pats outside of randy moss didnt bring in big names they made there own players the big names. If anything the names left them.

If there is a big name talent that we do sign thats great for excitement during the offseason. But its no promise that that player will be great with the Chiefs.

Its defently an exciting time to be a Chief fan. The last couple of weeks have been good. Hopefuly the offseason leads to maybe a playoff game or to next season. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Pro_Angler
01-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Yea I am exicited like I havent been in meny years as a Chiefs fan. My brother inlaw is a Charger fan and he isnt talking, that means he knows that its coming to a halt for him soon and we are on the way up,up,up...

Vanilla Garilla
01-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Yea I am exicited like I havent been in meny years as a Chiefs fan. My brother inlaw is a Charger fan and he isnt talking, that means he knows that its coming to a halt for him soon and we are on the way up,up,up...

Yes, I know a couple Broncos and Raiders fans, and stupidly, they are already to give in and claim that KC and SD will be at the top of the division.

My question to them is, what kind of fan admits defeat for the upcoming years when the other team hires a couple great coordinators?

matthewschiefs
01-14-2010, 09:05 PM

The Chargers window to get a superbowl will close this year or next. They have to get the job done now or they wont with there current core group of players. The chiefs are comeing and they are comeing fast.

Coach
01-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Agreed. I think many wil be surprised by how much better our defensive players suddenly get now that we have Romeo. Kind of like what happened in Denver this year.

The Chargers window to get a superbowl will close this year or next. They have to get the job done now or they wont with there current core group of players. The chiefs are comeing and they are comeing fast.
I would not be surprised at all if the Chargers won the superbowl this year. This is the first year in the last few that they are heading into the playoffs comnpletely healthy. A healthy Rivers and LT could mean trouble for everyone. I would say that they would be my AFC pick for the superbowl. Although all 4 teams left have a legitimate chance IMO.

Pro_Angler
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I say piss on rivers he deserves crap, id rather see the raiders or the donks win then rivers I hate him almost as much as I hate Merriman..

matthewschiefs
01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I say piss on rivers he deserves crap, id rather see the raiders or the donks win then rivers I hate him almost as much as I hate Merriman..

I would rather see rivers get to a superbowl and fail miserbaly. That would work for me. :D

Chiefster
01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Is the mighty wallet opening up?

Well, it better; Clarkie has sunk a butt load of capital in the renovation of the stadium, and from the looks of recent home game attendance he is no where near filling that stadium.

pbatrucker
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Agreed. I think many wil be surprised by how much better our defensive players suddenly get now that we have Romeo. Kind of like what happened in Denver this year.

I would not be surprised at all if the Chargers won the superbowl this year. This is the first year in the last few that they are heading into the playoffs comnpletely healthy. A healthy Rivers and LT could mean trouble for everyone. I would say that they would be my AFC pick for the superbowl. Although all 4 teams left have a legitimate chance IMO.
Jamal Williams being out for the year is killing their run defense.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes, I know a couple Broncos and Raiders fans, and stupidly, they are already to give in and claim that KC and SD will be at the top of the division.

My question to them is, what kind of fan admits defeat for the upcoming years when the other team hires a couple great coordinators?

My first thought...WOW!...there ARE some intelligent Bronco's and Raider's fan's out there after all! :D

~I've been craving BBQ ever since reading this thread the first time!~