PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Helmet

stricken721
01-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Cool story about a fan who wanted to change the Chiefs helmet. Thought I would share it with you guys.

Uni Watch -- Todd Asselin is an ordinary Kansas City Chiefs fan who ended up with a story of a lifetime - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/100114&sportCat=nfl)

Chiefster
01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
It's a neat and interesting design, however, the PC implications are why the design will never be apart of the Chiefs motif.

Townlain
01-14-2010, 05:48 PM
I love it! Except it seems too much like a Redskins thing.

tornadospotter
01-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I remember seeing that, I did not like then, and still do not now.

Hayvern
01-14-2010, 09:23 PM
It's cool he got some notoriety from it, but that is the most aweful design on a helmet I have ever seen.

honda522
01-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Story was cool...but I don't want to see the helmets change.

Coach
01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I like the helmets, but the uni's could use a refresh.

tornadospotter
01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
It's cool he got some notoriety from it, but that is the most aweful design on a helmet I have ever seen.
I agree, and why would you ever want to change the helmet, that is already Great!!!!!!!!

josh1971
01-15-2010, 12:35 AM

This.

AussieChiefsFan
01-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Cool story about a fan who wanted to change the Chiefs helmet. Thought I would share it with you guys.

Uni Watch -- Todd Asselin is an ordinary Kansas City Chiefs fan who ended up with a story of a lifetime - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/100114&sportCat=nfl)
Looks alright but I like the current one a lot more!

Chiefster
01-15-2010, 01:15 AM
I like the helmets, but the uni's could use a refresh.

I agree, it would be cool to see updated unis.

Connie Jo
01-15-2010, 02:37 AM
I don't necessarily hate it, but I certainly don't like it! I love the Arrowhead logo...it represents the American Native/Indian theme, and the honorable title of Arrowhead Stadium!

I remember one year in the 90's, they thought about changing the color from a true red to that of a dark red like that of the 49'ers, and Skins. Marty and staff wore the darker red polo's & such on the sidelines that year...and some of the Chiefs attire sold retail was the dark red as well.

It upset me enough that I sent a letter to Arrowhead management stating as a fan I was against changing the color. Red is my favorite color anyway, and our Chiefs red is by far the best and most notable team color in the NFL! We stand out with our red and Arrowhead logo on the helmet!

"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

I don't like many of the teams contemporary logo designs, prefer the more vintage or nostaligic designs. Our Arrowhead logo is timeless and it doesn't need updated...EVER!

stricken721
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't necessarily hate it, but I certainly don't like it! I love the Arrowhead logo...it represents the American Native/Indian theme, and the honorable title of Arrowhead Stadium!

I remember one year in the 90's, they thought about changing the color from a true red to that of a dark red like that of the 49'ers, and Skins. Marty and staff wore the darker red polo's & such on the sidelines that year...and some of the Chiefs attire sold retail was the dark red as well.

It upset me enough that I sent a letter to Arrowhead management stating as a fan I was against changing the color. Red is my favorite color anyway, and our Chiefs red is by far the best and most notable team color in the NFL! We stand out with our red and Arrowhead logo on the helmet!

"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

I don't like many of the teams contemporary logo designs, prefer the more vintage or nostaligic designs. Our Arrowhead logo is timeless and it doesn't need updated...EVER!

:bananen_smilies046: Agreed

sammyboy909
01-15-2010, 04:35 PM
KC red and the chiefs arrowhead logo are the classiest in all of football. I would be heartbroken if the color or the logo was significantly altered.

One change that I think would be really cool is if we would switch it up so that for home games we wore red pants/red jerseys. I think the solid red on red would be awesome. The ravens do it occasionally with their black on black and it looks sharp.

hometeam
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Didnt we have this conversation last year? I mean the ones about changing unis? Im sure someone could dig it up.. :P

As for the helmet, it looks HORRIBLE

Connie Jo
01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
KC red and the chiefs arrowhead logo are the classiest in all of football. I would be heartbroken if the color or the logo was significantly altered.

One change that I think would be really cool is if we would switch it up so that for home games we wore red pants/red jerseys. I think the solid red on red would be awesome. The ravens do it occasionally with their black on black and it looks sharp.

Absolutely agree with everything!

kilobytes
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
There is something called alternative uniforms and/or helmets. I wouldn't mind seeing them wearing that helmet a few times a year (but they must make it look professional and modern with a few changes). It makes them look like Chiefs rather than some arrowhead on the side (which I do like very much btw).

Oh heck no. Not red on red. I have seen that in video games and they look ugly. It just doesn't work.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
There is something called alternative uniforms and/or helmets. I wouldn't mind seeing them wearing that helmet a few times a year (but they must make it look professional and modern with a few changes). It makes them look like Chiefs rather than some arrowhead on the side (which I do like very much btw).

Oh heck no. Not red on red. I have seen that in video games and they look ugly. It just doesn't work.

We just love RED!! hahaha

Seriously, red is a very powerful color, one of those color's of which more often than not...less is more, so from a designing asthetic point of view...I agree with you...red on red would be too much. :)

lucky_lefty
01-16-2010, 06:10 PM
That's one of the most hideous, offensive designs ever. Nothing wrong with the helmets as is

luv
01-16-2010, 07:03 PM
The headdress would be cool if we were named after Indian chiefs and not the Mayor of KC.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 07:30 PM
The headdress would be cool if we were named after Indian chiefs and not the Mayor of KC.

Yeah, the KC Mayor's nickname was Chief, though the indian/native was a concept incorporated into the team.

I often wondered if Lamar didn't like the thought of the Chiefs name also because it was opposite of the Cowboys...cowboys vs indians so to speak.

He couldn't keep the Texan name obviously when moving the Chiefs to KC in 63. The NFL told him no to a franchise in Dallas, somewhat shunning him since the same year they said yes to other businessmen, founding the Cowboys. Another factor is the opposition/controversy between the NFL and AFL from the get go of Lamar founding the AFL. Possibly there was a rivalry between he and the Dallas businessmen who founded the Cowboys the NFL said yes too.

I dunno, all speculation on my part...but I have wondered if there was anything to a cowboys vs indians in Lamar's thoughts when he incorporated the indian theme.