PDA

View Full Version : New Regime Is Exciting

JohnPaulII
01-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I am new to this site, but my handle is not new to you long standing Chief site subscribers: JohnPaulII

I can only remember of few like AZ?????, the guy from LSU who had a tornado damage his home, the intolerable DavZit.

I am excited, optimistic about the new OC, DC coaches in the Chiefs organization. I do feel we need OL, SS, LB in the off season through the draft, or otherwise. Glad to be back. Pray for the earthquake victims.

MDChiefs!
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I think we also have the 2 highest paid coordinators in the league right now...I think that says alot about how we are going to approach the FA market this season :) Clark knows he needs to open the wallet...

JohnPaulII
01-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Agreed. The point I am making is, we finally have a chance to be the team that people will hate like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, 49ers, etc. We need to get busy, now.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I think we also have the 2 highest paid coordinators in the league right now...I think that says alot about how we are going to approach the FA market this season :) Clark knows he needs to open the wallet...

I would imagine, that his 'Chiefs' wallet was beginning to get thin with revenues dropping more each year from fan's losing interest in attending games, lack of sales in the retail merchandising aspect and royalties paid the Chiefs for such, etc..

You have to spend money to make money...even in the NFL! :D

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Agreed. The point I am making is, we finally have a chance to be the team that people will hate like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, 49ers, etc. We need to get busy, now.

I agree totally. I hope we don't end up hated though.

JohnPaulII
01-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree totally. I hope we don't end up hated though.
Money is a big thing. Anytime an owner-LH, passes on, the estate taxes alone are crippling.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Money is a big thing. Anytime an owner-LH, passes on, the estate taxes alone are crippling.

I hadn't thought about the tax aspect of Lamar's (RIP)passing. I don't know much about that sort of thing, or wealth for that matter, hahaha. Thinking about it now...there would be no legal loopholes to escape at least some of the estate taxes? I know there are way's around it with basic property inheritance's & such.

MDChiefs!
01-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I was referring to the criticism Clark Hunt has received about not bringing any big money free agents...I think thats going to change now :)

okikcfan
01-17-2010, 12:40 PM
To me it will be interesting to see with the ties to NE and AZ if people like Richard Seymour & Anton Boldin are picked up by KC this offseason...Rumor has it they will both be looking for new homes to play in.

matthewschiefs
01-17-2010, 01:06 PM
To me it will be interesting to see with the ties to NE and AZ if people like Richard Seymour & Anton Boldin are picked up by KC this offseason...Rumor has it they will both be looking for new homes to play in.

Both would be nice. I dont see us grabbing both of them. Boldin is far more likely. Though with the way the Cards offense sturggled yesterday I think they are going to do all that they can to resign him.

MDChiefs!
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I hope we dont go after Boldin. This guy has had 2 healthy seasons out of 6 since he was drafted, and he is almost 30 now, we dont need that. He's forever injured.... I would prefer us to develop our own talent at WR now that we have a HC with a past of bringing out the best in WRs. Dont know exactly what we would do with Seymour either...we already have plenty of DEs.

Ryfo18
01-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I would love to hav Boldin. He still has a year on his contract. There is rumors that the Cardinals may trade him, but he's already said he's not going into the season complaining about his contract this year.

Coach
01-17-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't expect a lot of big free agent acquisitions this offseason. I'd like to see some, but not expecting much.

I'd be happy with some OL acquisitions so that they can draft some of the defensive players that will be available when we pick.

Chiefster
01-18-2010, 01:51 AM
I don't expect a lot of big free agent acquisitions this offseason. I'd like to see some, but not expecting much.

I'd be happy with some OL acquisitions so that they can draft some of the defensive players that will be available when we pick.

Agreed; o-line must be addressed one way or another.

matthewschiefs
01-18-2010, 11:28 AM

I would like to see us pick up a good reciver maybe even a big name reciver. Then o line. O line and a passrusher are the 2 biggest needs right now.

pbatrucker
01-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I would like to see us pick up a good reciver maybe even a big name reciver. Then o line. O line and a passrusher are the 2 biggest needs right now.
Makes me feel much better knowing we are set at NT, ILB, OC, RG and RT. NOT!!!!

bigpoppachief
01-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I would imagine, that his 'Chiefs' wallet was beginning to get thin with revenues dropping more each year from fan's losing interest in attending games, lack of sales in the retail merchandising aspect and royalties paid the Chiefs for such, etc..

You have to spend money to make money...even in the NFL! :D

True but I bet you he just made a packed house avaliable on opening day just by the coordinator signings alone now we do the draft right it will be a sea of red on opening day and I am actually going to MAKE IT THERE THIS YEAR !!!

MDChiefs!
01-18-2010, 07:16 PM
agreed. as bad as we are at WR, we need a NT, ILB, C and RG more I think...we might have our RT on the team with O'Callaghan or Barry Richardson

Makes me feel much better knowing we are set at NT, ILB, OC, RG and RT. NOT!!!!

TheLateGreat#58Fan
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
The draft will obviously tell us alot. We could probably bring in an ILB via FA. If we were able to pull in Vince Wilfork through free agency- I would run to KC from the ATL butt naked painted in Chiefs colors. All I'm saying is I would be excited.

Nolan leavign Denver is a plus for us all we have to do is beat the Chargers We Can Turn This Around Quick Go Chiefs

MDChiefs!
01-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Off topic, but love the sig #58. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile haha

tornadospotter
01-18-2010, 10:07 PM
I am thrilled with the new Coaches hired, that said, I am thrilled at what the new regime could now create, let it be a return of Arrowhead, the most dreaded place to play, for opposing teams! I really want a Super Bowl win! But a return to the days, of worst place to play in as a visiting team, Arrowhead, that would be great, I am tired of games being lost in Arrowhead, especially to our rivals!!! So that is what I want the most, out of this next season, undefeated at Arrowhead.:11:

Chiefster
01-18-2010, 11:22 PM
I am thrilled with the new Coaches hired, that said, I am thrilled at what the new regime could now create, let it be a return of Arrowhead, the most dreaded place to play, for opposing teams! I really want a Super Bowl win! But a return to the days, of worst place to play in as a visiting team, Arrowhead, that would be great, I am tired of games being lost in Arrowhead, especially to our rivals!!! So that is what I want the most, out of this next season, undefeated at Arrowhead.:11:

A return of the Arrowhead of old would be so great to see!

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I miss that too TS!...and want badly for us to reclaim the title of "The Loudest Stadium In The NFL!"

Nothing is more awesome with being a participant as a 12th man at Arrowhead, than when the crowd is so loud it surpasses the noise meter! Although, I think the penalty for such is ridiculous!

I will never forget the look on my grandson's face the very first game I took him to at Arrowhead, hahahaha. He looked at me with both fingers in his ears plugging them, & was so very confused wondering why I and everyone else was screaming, beating on seats. I couldn't explain, as it was too loud for him to hear me. I later explained, so he participated as a 12th man too. Sometimes, he & his little sister and me make crowd noise at home watching the game...just cause they think it's fun, lol.

tksixtyone
01-19-2010, 12:04 AM
The Chiefs are going to be the turnaround team of the year. Shore up that o-line and get a nosetackle that can actually hold his own, and we will be much better in the trenches, which will translate into more wins. Perhaps as a former hog im a little biased, but I think we need to address the fronts first.

matthewschiefs
01-19-2010, 12:56 AM
The Chiefs are going to be the turnaround team of the year. Shore up that o-line and get a nosetackle that can actually hold his own, and we will be much better in the trenches, which will translate into more wins. Perhaps as a former hog im a little biased, but I think we need to address the fronts first.

The fronts and the WR postions need to get fixed. If they can do that this offseason HELLO PLAYOFFS!!!!!!