PDA

View Full Version : I sorta feel sorry for the Cards...

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
So far they're getting a butt whooping by the Saint's! Looks to be another high scoring game, for the Saint's anyway!

I'm rooting for the Saints, but I sorta feel bad for Warner, & the Card's team. They still have the 2nd half, long way's to go, but from the looks of it the Saint's aren't gonna let up.

AussieChiefsFan
01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I feel for them too.

luv
01-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Defense and special teams have not looked good at all. Offense is a little fumble happy. Cards picked a horrible day to have an off game.

Saints were dominant most of the season, but started showing some holes in their armor toward the end of the year. I wasn't for sure which Saints team would show up for this game. Bush is having a stellar game, and Brees is looking good.

No comeback for the Cards. I'm disappointed. I didn't care who won this game, as I liked both teams, but I was hoping the one sided games were over after last weekend.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Defense and special teams have not looked good at all. Offense is a little fumble happy. Cards picked a horrible day to have an off game.

Saints were dominant most of the season, but started showing some holes in their armor toward the end of the year. I wasn't for sure which Saints team would show up for this game. Bush is having a stellar game, and Brees is looking good.

No comeback for the Cards. I'm disappointed. I didn't care who won this game, as I liked both teams, but I was hoping the one sided games were over after last weekend.

I've always admired and respected Kurt Warner as a QB and person. The only reason I favored the Saint's is cause I became a bit partial to them when Hank Stram left the Chiefs to be the Saint's HC years ago...the partiality has stuck with me for some reason.

honda522
01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I think it sucks that Warner got hit pretty hard, but life goes on.

Go Saints!

matthewschiefs
01-16-2010, 10:03 PM

Go Saints!

That was a bad hit. I was surprised he got up from that.

honda522
01-16-2010, 10:41 PM
That was a bad hit. I was surprised he got up from that.
I thought it wasn't right..They should probably make a rule about hitting someones blind side if they don't have the ball...It was unnecessary to hit him that hard.

I thought he had a concussion.

hometeam
01-16-2010, 10:43 PM
the way this weeks going im gonna collect my money on monday :)

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I missed the hit on Warner. I went downstairs to finish up some laundry, & when I came back upstairs he was out of the game. He seems okay though, thank God literally.

Looks like the Saint's and Colt's advance.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 11:00 PM
the way this weeks going im gonna collect my money on monday :)

Is it too soon to offer congrats? I wouldn't want to jinx you, hahaha. :D

honda522
01-16-2010, 11:28 PM
That flea flicker by the Saints was sick.

Connie Jo
01-16-2010, 11:48 PM
That flea flicker by the Saints was sick.

I'm old and lost...what the heck is a "flea flicker"?

Canada
01-16-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought it wasn't right..They should probably make a rule about hitting someones blind side if they don't have the ball...It was unnecessary to hit him that hard.

I thought he had a concussion.

The last thing we need is another rule about hitting QBs. Hes got a helmet and shoulder pads like everyone else. If he didn't want to get blocked then he shouldn't have been chasing the ball carrier!!

tornadospotter
01-17-2010, 12:13 AM

Go Saints!
Why yes it does, I would hate to be hit, like that. But then again my cousin makes plenty of money to take those hits.

I am sure he is my cousin, we have the same last name!

tornadospotter
01-17-2010, 12:20 AM
That is what my old hound dog did with his back paws. :11:So it is something like a QB tosses the ball to a back or wr who then after catching the toss, chucks the ball to a rb who then runs down the field to the endzone, or does not. Something like that is what it is.:D

Chiefster
01-17-2010, 12:44 AM
What was the deal with Kurt Warner? I saw where he left the game in the first half; something about a "chest injury"???

Connie Jo
01-17-2010, 12:47 AM
That is what my old hound dog did with his back paws. :11:So it is something like a QB tosses the ball to a back or wr who then after catching the toss, chucks the ball to a rb who then runs down the field to the endzone, or does not. Something like that is what it is.:D

Oh, okay, hahaha. I don't know that much about names for play calls...other than the basics of course, like a lateral pass. I would likely just call a flea flicker a trick play, hahaha.

Chiefster
01-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh, okay, hahaha. I don't know that much about names for play calls...other than the basics of course, like a lateral pass. I would likely just call a flea flicker a trick play, hahaha.

Dat be it kiddo! :D

Connie Jo
01-17-2010, 12:51 AM
What was the deal with Kurt Warner? I saw where he left the game in the first half; something about a "chest injury"???

Yeah, he took a hard hit. I missed it, came back upstairs from doing some laundry, saw he was out, Leinart in. I watched Kurt give an interview after the game in a conference room, he looked to be okay.

Chiefster
01-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah, he took a hard hit. I missed it, came back upstairs from doing some laundry, saw he was out, Leinart in. I watched Kurt give an interview after the game in a conference room, he looked to be okay.

Yeah I figured as much. Kurt aint no spring chicken no more.

tornadospotter
01-17-2010, 12:53 AM
But then that description I gave you, might actually be something else, so I do not really know. Trick play works for me, as that is what it is.

Chiefster
01-17-2010, 12:58 AM

I think it is when the QB hands the ball off to a running back who who then tosses it back to the QB who passes it to a, hopefully, wide open receiver.

...I think.

chief31
01-17-2010, 05:28 AM
A Flea-flicker is when the QB hands the ball to the HB, who approaches the line, stops, then pitches it back to the QB who then passes it downfield, as the defense saw a handoff and (hopefully) abandoned pass coverage.

tornadospotter
01-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, something like that.

honda522
01-17-2010, 11:32 PM
YouTube- Saints Flea-Flicker TD

It should be used more often.

rbedgood
01-18-2010, 03:06 AM
What a great weekend...

Cards lost!!!
Cowboys lost!!!

and for all of you guys...

Chargers lost!!!!

While it would be more fun to have our teams (mine and yours) in the playoffs....at least our rivals have to go home now too!!!

matthewschiefs
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
What a great weekend...

Cards lost!!!
Cowboys lost!!!

Chargers lost!!!!

While it would be more fun to have our teams (mine and yours) in the playoffs....at least our rivals have to go home now too!!!

I was not a fan of football this weekend basicly it was all blowouts.

But the cowgirls and chargers loseing did help make up for it a little. :D

honda522
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM
What a great weekend...

Cards lost!!!
Cowboys lost!!!

Chargers lost!!!!

Colts didn't lose. I hope they get beatin'.