PDA

View Full Version : San Deigo Chokers

dale6734
01-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Everyone is talking about Tony Romo's inability to win in the playoffs! What about Phillip Rivers inability to win in the playoffs!!!

dale6734
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Rex Ryan has got the Jets playing hard. I love the fact that they spanked Phillip Rivers and Norv Turner

honda522
01-17-2010, 11:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think the Jets are that good. SD didn't play well at all. They might as well be called the Denver Broncos.

Ryfo18
01-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Yep, loved watching them get spanked today. That Jets pass D is phenomenal. Oh what I would do to have Revis line up opposite Flowers!

Coach
01-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Norv went 13-3 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs with home field advantage. Sound familiar? I wonder if he gets booted like Marty did when he was in SD under the same circumstances.

matthewschiefs
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM
The Jets D was impressive today. The chargers defently are running out of time to win a superbowl with there group. If time has already not ran out.

honda522
01-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh and I forgot one thing. Its not the chokers, its the Super Chokers!!!

Chief Tyler
01-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Sanchize! 12 completions for 100 yards. Ridin' to victory on the back of their stud QB.

I think NY is in trouble if they go into Indy as a one dimensional team like they are. Of course I said that this game too, so I could be eating crow next week.

Chiefster
01-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Norv went 13-3 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs with home field advantage. Sound familiar? I wonder if he gets booted like Marty did when he was in SD under the same circumstances.

I was thinking the same thing.

With a little over two minutes left in the game with a time out, down by a field goal and Norv kicks an onside???

Chief Tyler
01-18-2010, 02:19 AM

With a little over two minutes left in the game with a time out, down by a field goal and Norv kicks an onside???

I don't blame him for that move. With the quality of kickers he has at his disposal I would have taken the same chance. That kick was almost perfect and they had a great shot to get it back if only somebody would have gotten there faster/put a harder body on the guy who came down with the ball. After that the defense would have had to come up with a huge stop. Field position would have been the least of their worries.

Maybe I'm over simplifying it, but we all know first hand how hard it can be to control a well place onside kick.

AussieChiefsFan
01-18-2010, 02:32 AM
WooOooooooo Chargers LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Canada
01-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think the Jets are that good. SD didn't play well at all. They might as well be called the Denver Broncos.

The Jets have the #1 Defense and #1 Run game in the league. They aren't that bad.

I think the logic was give it a shot, if it works great, but the Jets only needed to get a first down to end the game anyways. Might as well try, if u make the stop u get the ball back anyways, if u don't its game over.

Vanilla Garilla
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
The Jets have the #1 Defense and #1 Run game in the league. They aren't that bad.

Yes, people just perceive them to be bad because they are not a large market media whore team. Any team with the number one defense has a great chance of winning it all, then add on a great run game and you have trouble. Just ask the Ravens from SuperBowl 35.

Still, I did not pick them to beat the Chargers, and therefore my playoff bracket pool is shot completely! FML

matthewschiefs
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
The Jets can go into indy and beat the colts. With that D they are a dangrous team. I think they may be the team to beat.

honda522
01-18-2010, 12:21 PM

I think the logic was give it a shot, if it works great, but the Jets only needed to get a first down to end the game anyways. Might as well try, if u make the stop u get the ball back anyways, if u don't its game over.
Their not bad, but their not that great.

You wanna know why they are good at running, look at their fullback.

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Everyone is talking about Tony Romo's inability to win in the playoffs! What about Phillip Rivers inability to win in the playoffs!!!

The same was said of Peyton Manning once upon a time too. I'm a firm believer in the majority...a QB alone does not win or lose games...it's an entire team that win's/loses...including coaches. :)

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM

Yes, and MY BAD!!! The last couple of years weren't normal in my life, and I had stopped following football as much, with exception of watching the Chiefs of course. I didn't even realize T-Rich had left the Vikes and went to the Jets!!!! I thought maybe he had retired.

Once I realized that, I began rooting for the Jets, sentimental reasons with T-Rich being a former GREAT pro-bowl Chief! Another of Peterson's stupid moves...letting T-Rich go. He was very loyal to KC & the Chiefs, hosted Draft Day at Arrowhead each year. When Peterson let T-Rich go, is when I jumped on the anti Peterson band wagon. :(

matthewschiefs
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes, and MY BAD!!! The last couple of years weren't normal in my life, and I had stopped following football as much, with exception of watching the Chiefs of course. I didn't even realize T-Rich had left the Vikes and went to the Jets!!!! I thought maybe he had retired.

Once I realized that, I began rooting for the Jets, sentimental reasons with T-Rich being a former GREAT pro-bowl Chief! Another of Peterson's stupid moves...letting T-Rich go. He was very loyal to KC & the Chiefs, hosted Draft Day at Arrowhead each year. When Peterson let T-Rich go, is when I jumped on the anti Peterson band wagon. :(

I think its pretty clear the he was a great FB for the Chiefs. If you look at the the Chiefs Running game took a big hit once he was let go. He was a big loss.

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
I think its pretty clear the he was a great FB for the Chiefs. If you look at the the Chiefs Running game took a big hit once he was let go. He was a big loss.

I agree, T-Rich was a huge factor in our running game being a success. I wanted to see him retire as a Chief too. T-Rich even offered to take pay cut's to stay in KC, he loved KC and being a Chief...Peterson still let him go.

Coach
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM

I agree. It's easy to 2nd guess. But by attempting the onside kick, you are giving your team two chances to get the ball back. Onside kick and on downs. They only needed 1st down regardless of field position and they got it.

Canada
01-18-2010, 04:24 PM

But they are great. They are the best in the league in defense. That is great and the best at the run (and I know it is because of T Rich) but they are still great at it. These Jets will be around a while.

Pro_Angler
01-18-2010, 10:58 PM
I believe that I called SD and wanna be QB would get spanked. letg me find it and quote it..

Bike
01-19-2010, 02:18 AM
But they are great. They are the best in the league in defense. That is great and the best at the run (and I know it is because of T Rich) but they are still great at it. These Jets will be around a while.
Revis is one outstanding corner. I agree the jets are gonna be the team to beat in the afc for awhile. Hell, they may win it all right now.