PDA

View Full Version : Jets fan arrested.

honda522
01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
***Edited by Chiefster***

I can't figure out why, even bolts fans were pleading that there was no reason for him being arrested.

Vanilla Garilla
01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Wow, that appears to be a bunch of Shyt! Although, who knows what he might have done Off the camera.

stricken721
01-18-2010, 01:46 PM
The Cops were just angry Dolts fans probably. :lamende:

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe they considered him intoxicated in public, of which there are ordinances against in most cities...and they felt he was at high risk for creating a fight, especially under the circumstances of emotions no doubt running high with a Chargers loss? Hell, I dunno...sure seems wrong with no more than what the video is showing.

matthewschiefs
01-18-2010, 02:35 PM
I dont think he would have been arrested had he done nothing wrong. The police that were there were probley Chargers fans thats true but if they arrest a guy for no reason then they will probley lose there jobs. I dont think they would risk loseing there jobs just becuse there team was loseing and there was a fan of the winning team. But without video of the whole deal then you never do no.

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I Googled to see if there was any more news related to why this man was arrested. So far the theory seems to be...

Some nearby Charger fan(s) reported him, complaining he was drunk and obnoxiously taunting and inticing Charger fans as a result. Also, complained he was distracting them from watching the game. There is an ordinance in San Deigo against drunken public behavior, which appears to be what the cops used as their initial reason for arrest. Although speculation at this point, some reports are that the man was also charged with resisting arrest once the cops began to arrest him on the drunk in public charges.

Based upon what I've read so far anyway...it appears a Charger fan(s) sore over the Chargers being behind, appearing to lose...took it out on a gloating Jet's fan by complaining to stadium security/cops. No doubt security/cops are Charger fans too, but as to whether or not the one in charge making the decision to arrest allowed bias to interfere...well, only he/they know that for sure, and wouldn't admit if so.

If the guy is/was proven intoxicated, right or wrong...he broke the law according to ordinances. Some of the old laws/ordinances on cities books are very outdated for current society, and guidelines for arrest not clearly defined... leaving a very large window for such laws to be misinterpreted, or taken advantage of.

The way I see it...as long as someone drunk isn't hurting anyone else or themselves in any way...they shouldn't be breaking any law simply because they drank too much and are enjoying their sports team doing well. A team and fans of, which have not had the same level of success by comparision to that of San Diego, no doubt elevated the guy's excitement. Judging from the video, I don't think the guy was intentionally taunting or inticing anyone...I think he was simply overjoyed his under dog Jets were winning.

Edit PS: I also read on one journalists blog report...that enticing a possible riot was a possibility for the man's arrest, but again...all speculation at this point.

AussieChiefsFan
01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I dont think he would have been arrested had he done nothing wrong. The police that were there were probley Chargers fans thats true but if they arrest a guy for no reason then they will probley lose there jobs. I dont think they would risk loseing there jobs just becuse there team was loseing and there was a fan of the winning team. But without video of the whole deal then you never do no.

I thought it WAS the whole deal! The Cheers for his team, The Opposing fans are alright with it (and they actually explain that he wasnt doing anything bad) and he still gets arrested. If nobody say he did anything what can he possibly be arrested for? He cant be arrested for disturbance cos he wasnt disturbing anyone!

Townlain
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Shows how smart the SDPD is....

honda522
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I Googled to see if there was any more news related to why this man was arrested. So far the theory seems to be...

Some nearby Charger fan(s) reported him, complaining he was drunk and obnoxiously taunting and inticing Charger fans as a result. Also, complained he was distracting them from watching the game. There is an ordinance in San Deigo against drunken public behavior, which appears to be what the cops used as their initial reason for arrest. Although speculation at this point, some reports are that the man was also charged with resisting arrest once the cops began to arrest him on the drunk in public charges.

Based upon what I've read so far anyway...it appears a Charger fan(s) sore over the Chargers being behind, appearing to lose...took it out on a gloating Jet's fan by complaining to stadium security/cops. No doubt security/cops are Charger fans too, but as to whether or not the one in charge making the decision to arrest allowed bias to interfere...well, only he/they know that for sure, and wouldn't admit if so.

If the guy is/was proven intoxicated, right or wrong...he broke the law according to ordinances. Some of the old laws/ordinances on cities books are very outdated for current society, and guidelines for arrest not clearly defined... leaving a very large window for such laws to be misinterpreted, or taken advantage of.

The way I see it...as long as someone drunk isn't hurting anyone else or themselves in any way...they shouldn't be breaking any law simply because they drank too much and are enjoying their sports team doing well. A team and fans of, which have not had the same level of success by comparision to that of San Diego, no doubt elevated the guy's excitement. Judging from the video, I don't think the guy was intentionally taunting or inticing anyone...I think he was simply overjoyed his under dog Jets were winning.

Edit PS: I also read on one journalists blog report...that enticing a possible riot was a possibility for the man's arrest, but again...all speculation at this point.
Its a football game. They sell beer. Every person I have ever seen drunk is obnoxious.

It's not like he was starting fights as far as we know. The Chargers fans were even sticking up for him, so obviously he wasn't doing to much to piss anyone off.

tornadospotter
01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, I guess we better not attend a Chiefs game in dolt stadium. Because we will all get locked up! Wonder how much that will cost the dolts, if anything. But good to know that you can wear your teams gear, but do not dare to cheer for them, or to the slammer you go!

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Its a football game. They sell beer. Every person I have ever seen drunk is obnoxious.

It's not like he was starting fights as far as we know. The Chargers fans were even sticking up for him, so obviously he wasn't doing to much to piss anyone off.

I agree, and unless they have more proof than what was on that video the guy was starting trouble, he didn't deserve to be arrested IMO. Heck, there's been plenty of times I've witnessed fans at Arrowhead...both of the Chiefs and opposing teams...that were far more loud and drunk than that guy appeared to be in the video. As long as they don't knock me down...I'm good, hahaha.

Canada
01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Well, I guess we better not attend a Chiefs game in dolt stadium. Because we will all get locked up! Wonder how much that will cost the dolts, if anything. But good to know that you can wear your teams gear, but do not dare to cheer for them, or to the slammer you go!

oooooo.....scary. Another night in jail...add it to the list!!

AussieChiefsFan
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, SDPD get their kicks from locking fans from the opposing team......

tornadospotter
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
oooooo.....scary. Another night in jail...add it to the list!!
Donkey crap, now somebody is going to plan a trip to dolt stadium, for the Chiefs game. I doubt that I can be there, and know I will not be able to make your bail! :D

honda522
01-18-2010, 10:02 PM
For the record, my dad went to a game at Qualcomm.

This is interesting, speaking of arrest. Chargers' Vincent Jackson handcuffed briefly during traffic stop before playoff loss - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-report19-2010jan19,0,462162.story?track=rss)

AussieChiefsFan
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
For the record, my dad went to a game at Qualcomm.

This is interesting, speaking of arrest. Chargers' Vincent Jackson handcuffed briefly during traffic stop before playoff loss - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-report19-2010jan19,0,462162.story?track=rss)

"BEFORE" the game eh?

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, SDPD get their kicks from locking fans from the opposing team......

Apparently you are correct from several articles I read. If the stories are accurate, they have arrested fans from opposing teams several times due to being too loud, drunk, and even for standing up too much in front of other fans according to one story.

I guess this puts yet another spin on the definition of the NFL as being the 'No Fun League'...at least in San Diego, haha.

It will be interesting to see what if anything develops further with the San Diego police making any public statement as to why he was arrested.

AussieChiefsFan
01-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Apparently you are correct from several articles I read. If the stories are accurate, they have arrested fans from opposing teams several times due to being too loud, drunk, and even for standing up too much in front of other fans according to one story.

I guess this puts yet another spin on the definition of the NFL as being the 'No Fun League'...at least in San Diego, haha.

It will be interesting to see what if anything develops further with the San Diego police making any public statement as to why he was arrested.
Yup!

Hayvern
01-20-2010, 12:19 AM
I have never heard of this before at Qualcomm, but I have heard of it before when the Raiders were in LA. It is possible that they were thinking it would be better to remove this loud mouth than take the chance that he get beat up by the home town crowd.

San Diego is pretty tame though, I would expect that kind of reaction at a Raiders game where you could very well be beaten, but I have never heard of anyone even feeling threatened at San Diego.

it does come back to the no-standing rule in Arrowheard though. If someone complains about how rowdy you are and you will not sit down, you could find yourself arrested there as well.

Then again, it could be just an example of a rowdy New Yorker getting what he deserves.

Hayvern
01-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Thinking more about this though, wouldn't it have been cool if all the people in that section started chanting Jets, Jets Jets as the guy was being arrested?

tornadospotter
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Thinking more about this though, wouldn't it have been cool if all the people in that section started chanting Jets, Jets Jets as the guy was being arrested?
Yep, I do not know if there is more to the story, but I know that what I seen and this was not a fan that should have been removed for that, from anygame, let alone a playoff game! Makes one wonder if you can be a fan of any team, in any stadium.

chief31
01-20-2010, 03:33 AM
The local news station in San Diego reports than an off-duty policeman was sitting in this section, and texted the officers to that Carroll (the arrested Jets fan) was drunk and causing problems for the section.

SDPD Responds To Arrest Of Jets Fan At Playoff Game - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego (http://www.10news.com/news/22278372/detail.html)

Seems like a sour fan, and policeman, couldn't take the razzing.

However...

In the arresting officers' defense, they recived a complaint that a fan was drunk and causing problems. Then, when trying to investigate the report, the subject was resistant to comply with them.

What I found extra offensive about the whole thing is how the nearby Chargers fan, who was defending the arrested Jates fan, was treated by another officer.

Officer - I just got here, ok? So I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you wanna talk to me, we can go outside and do it.

Charger fan - No, I don't wanna go out there.

Officer - Alright. Then don't talk to me that way.

Charger fan - I'm not allowed to talk to you?

Officer - Let's go outside. Come on.

< Officer physically "assists" Charger fan out. >

Appearently, you get arrested for talking to officers wrong too.

And, it seems the phrase "I'm not allowed to talk to you?" is exceptionally threatening, or something.

Also...

I dislike how alcohol sales are prohibitted "in public", and the stadium is not considered to be in public. But a fan can be arrested for being "drunk in public" in that same spot.

Connie Jo
01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
The local news station in San Diego reports than an off-duty policeman was sitting in this section, and texted the officers to that Carroll (the arrested Jets fan) was drunk and causing problems for the section.

SDPD Responds To Arrest Of Jets Fan At Playoff Game - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego (http://www.10news.com/news/22278372/detail.html)

However...

In the arresting officers' defense, they recived a complaint that a fan was drunk and causing problems. Then, when trying to investigate the report, the subject was resistant to comply with them.

What I found extra offensive about the whole thing is how the nearby Chargers fan, who was defending the arrested Jates fan, was treated by another officer.

Officer - I just got here, ok? So I have no idea what you are talking about. But if you wanna talk to me, we can go outside and do it.

And, it seems the phrase "I'm not allowed to talk to you?" is exceptionally threatening, or something.

Also...

I dislike how alcohol sales are prohibitted "in public", and the stadium is not considered to be in public. But a fan can be arrested for being "drunk in public" in that same spot.

I agree 100%...the entire thing is just WRONG on the side of the cops from what I've seen and read. I am impressed with the many Charger fans who were reported to have given the arrested man's girlfriend their phone numbers, saying they would testify in court the man did nothing wrong or abnormal to warrant his being approached & arrested.

He wasn't resisting arrest, he was resisting being unfairly judged and not being given any reasonable explanation for what was happening. A person has a right to know why they're being approached and arrested. It's obvious the cops were on a power ride with the way they treated the San Diego fan who attempted to intervene.

Connie Jo
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
They also arrested over 30 fans for being "too rowdy"!!!

Well, all my rowdy friends have NOT settled down, including me at a Chiefs game, and likely never will...so I hope the cops at Arrowhead don't follow suit. I can't attend a Chiefs game and not appear rowdy with being excited, cheering, participating as a 12th man, etc..

Chiefster
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM

However...

Also...

...Excellent point!

chief31
01-20-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree 100%...the entire thing is just WRONG on the side of the cops from what I've seen and read. I am impressed with the many Charger fans who were reported to have given the arrested man's girlfriend their phone numbers, saying they would testify in court the man did nothing wrong or abnormal to warrant his being approached & arrested.

He wasn't resisting arrest, he was resisting being unfairly judged and not being given any reasonable explanation for what was happening. A person has a right to know why they're being approached and arrested. It's obvious the cops were on a power ride with the way they treated the San Diego fan who attempted to intervene.

Well, that could be an escuse for 90% of those who resist arrest. :D

The part that was not recorded, at the beginning of the confrontation, would be where one would be able to judge rather they were justified in going from "trying to talk to him", to arresting him.

Connie Jo
01-20-2010, 10:03 PM
According to nearby Charger fans...they didn't approach him to simply talk, they immediately began to arrest him. The cops are saying the few seconds it doesn't show that the guy head butted a cop while trying to be restrained...so okay, why were they restraining him only to talk to him? If it's even true he tried to head butt a cop that is...the witness' are saying he didn't...that he simply kept trying to pull away asking why & not understanding why he was being arrested.

Heck...I figure the Charger fan's who witnessed it are being honest...the guy was a loud Jet's fan...if he was doing anything wrong, they would've happily said so I would think, rather than defend him.

Chiefster
01-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Yeah, heaven forbid that a fan yell and cheer for his/her team.