PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Autographs

kcnation
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Being From Accross The Country,what Is The Best Way To Get Some Autographs From The Chiefs.i Have A Bunch But I Have A Football That I Would Like Autographed And I Was Wondering Is It Safe To Send It To The Chiefs Or Not,and What Other Details Do I Need To Know,i Want This To Be Special So Its Important I Get Serious Responces

Thanks

Canada
01-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Wish I could help you out. I got a bunch from players at Sports Nutz but they don't have autograph signings anymore. Outside of going to the stadium and getting in early I really don't know!!

kcnation
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Wish I could help you out. I got a bunch from players at Sports Nutz but they don't have autograph signings anymore. Outside of going to the stadium and getting in early I really don't know!!

really,everytime ive been to KC i went to sports nutz and talked with them a lot and they said they always have players come in but they never know who,..i love that store,and its good for tickets also

tornadospotter
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Being From Accross The Country,what Is The Best Way To Get Some Autographs From The Chiefs.i Have A Bunch But I Have A Football That I Would Like Autographed And I Was Wondering Is It Safe To Send It To The Chiefs Or Not,and What Other Details Do I Need To Know,i Want This To Be Special So Its Important I Get Serious Responces

Thanks
I would not send it! If it already has Autographs on it, best to be there in person at fan day training camp or ect. You could probably call the Chiefs and ask for info, and explain to them details of why this is important and special, they may arrange something. Talk to the Public Relations Dept would be my first effort.

honda522
01-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Well the best way would be at Training Camp probably.

Ryfo18
01-18-2010, 10:38 PM

Yep the best place to get autographs is to make the hike to River Falls, WI. You shouldn't have any problems getting them there.

EDIT: I forgot they are moving to MO. DAMN!

honda522
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Yep the best place to get autographs is to make the hike to River Falls, WI. You shouldn't have any problems getting them there.

EDIT: I forgot they are moving to MO. DAMN!
Yeah Buddy! Just a short 2 hours away.

Ryfo18
01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah Buddy! Just a short 2 hours away.

Not from me! They used to be though! You guys are hogging them for everything!

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 10:45 PM

That is what I was going to suggest also. I know a few people who attend training camp specifically for autographs, and they say it's the best place to acquire them. I don't know what it will be like now though, since training camp is being moved from River Falls to St. Joe.

Also, some of the players are at the Draft Day party at Arrowhead every year too giving autographs. Mostly it's the younger players and former retired Chiefs. Bobby Bell has been there every year I was there...others too, like Curtis McClinton, etc..

I wouldn't send anything to the Chiefs without confirming first with someone officially the ball will be received and returned.

I sent a Chiefs item to Mike Garrett at USC to be autographed once. I called and spoke with his office assistant first, and she told me he would sign it and return it, as long as I included the cost of return postage, which I did do.

kcnation
01-18-2010, 10:47 PM
I would not send it! If it already has Autographs on it, best to be there in person at fan day training camp or ect. You could probably call the Chiefs and ask for info, and explain to them details of why this is important and special, they may arrange something. Talk to the Public Relations Dept would be my first effort.

calling them really sounds like a good idea tornado,its best to hear it from the main source before i do anything.making it to training camp would be hard for me but ill take the best info that they could give me i guess.

i went to the saints/chiefs game in 2008 and the place really changed from when i was there before,when i was there before i was at the main gate where everyone came in and it was easy to get autographs,even got the late lamar hunt for an autograph as he got out of his car,but last time there there was no way to get near the players at all

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm only an hour & 15 minutes from Missouri Western in St. Joe, where the training camp will be now.

EDIT...PS: Those I know who use to attend training camp for autographs say it won't be the same with it moving to St. Joe, cause it's closer to KC, more fans will attend, making it not as casual to obtain autographs and talk to players as it was in River Falls, where less fans attended.

honda522
01-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Not from me! They used to be though! You guys are hogging them for everything!
Hey, its the Kansas City Chiefs! Not the River Falls Chiefs, or the Wisconsin Chiefs. It belongs in KC.

Canada
01-18-2010, 10:55 PM
really,everytime ive been to KC i went to sports nutz and talked with them a lot and they said they always have players come in but they never know who,..i love that store,and its good for tickets also

They went out of business and the store has been bought by a chain of sports stores. Its not the same at all anymore. I used to go to the old store and it was awesome. The staff was great and the store was like a museum. Unfortunately a combination of a bad economy and a bad team for the last few years has hit them pretty hard.

kcnation
01-18-2010, 10:59 PM
They went out of business and the store has been bought by a chain of sports stores. Its not the same at all anymore. I used to go to the old store and it was awesome. The staff was great and the store was like a museum. Unfortunately a combination of a bad economy and a bad team for the last few years has hit them pretty hard.

now i know why i was not able to get in touch with them via e-mail....thanks for the info