PDA

View Full Version : D Bowe on his way out?

honda522
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Ok, I am friends with D Bowe on face book...I normally don't follow what other people do but this caught my eye which was at the top of the page. I don't really know what to think of it..

Dwayne Bowe (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=23435168&ref=mf) in ATL in a million Dollar meeting with my agent and $ man..

Just makes me wonder.

pbatrucker
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Hmmmm! I think it's too early for contract talks. could be an endorsement deal.

MDChiefs!
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Doesnt surprise me I guess...not after we tried to trade him before this seasons draft and his 4 game suspension...I know Haley was never high on him but what other options do we have right now? I hope this doesnt go down....ugh

Connie Jo
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
hmmmm...hard to say what it means.

His Facebook page shows he's a fan of Chad Ochocinco...I hope he's a fan of his athletic talent, and not his persona and loud mouth, haha.

matthewschiefs
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Hmmmm! I think it's too early for contract talks. could be an endorsement deal.

I would say thats likely. I didnt even think he was any kind of free agent.

Ryfo18
01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah he's not a free agent this year so I highly doubt it's contract talks. I don't think teams are even allowed to talk to other teams players in regards to higher money (but I could be making that up).

honda522
01-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't think he is a free agent until next year or the year after.

Chiefster
01-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Meh.

Three7s
01-19-2010, 12:00 AM
hmmmm...hard to say what it means.

His Facebook page shows he's a fan of Chad Ochocinco...I hope he's a fan of his athletic talent, and not his persona and loud mouth, haha.
He's not as bad as some of the others. (Brandon Marshall)

Big Daddy Tek
01-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Not possible for it to be anything trade related. The NFL season isn't officially over and it's obviously past the trade deadline. As Ryfo said, it's against NFL policy to conduct interviews or be involved with contract talks while a player is under contract.

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 12:15 AM
He's not as bad as some of the others. (Brandon Marshall)

Yeah, I just have a sore spot for Chad because of his direct insults towards the Chiefs in 2003...the week they were to play us, and broke our undefeated streak.

Ryfo18
01-19-2010, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I just have a sore spot for Chad because of his direct insults towards the Chiefs in 2003...the week they were to play us, and broke our undefeated streak.

That may be true, but Chad usually can back his talk up (unfortunately as he did against the Chiefs). I personally like Chad. His harmless antics, I feel, are great for the league and he is very giving to the rest of the world. Most people don't like him b/c he's ****y. In my opinion, his charitable actions make him one of the classiest players in the league.

wubfree
01-19-2010, 03:01 AM
D-Bowe: TE speed. poor route running. below average hands. not very productive.

Not sure what he could be endorsing...maybe some lotion or something that makes your hands slippery.

70 chiefsfan70
01-19-2010, 08:13 AM

Not sure what he could be endorsing...maybe some lotion or something that makes your hands slippery.

:lol:

Thats funny and I even like Bo.

AussieChiefsFan
01-19-2010, 08:15 AM
:lol:

Thats funny and I even like Bo.

I think if Bowe works hard he'll be alright.

Chiefs could use a good rookie receiver though!

Vanilla Garilla
01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
ATLANTA EQUALS COCA COLA Probably

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 02:20 PM
That may be true, but Chad usually can back his talk up (unfortunately as he did against the Chiefs). I personally like Chad. His harmless antics, I feel, are great for the league and he is very giving to the rest of the world. Most people don't like him b/c he's ****y. In my opinion, his charitable actions make him one of the classiest players in the league.

Oh, no doubt I'm wrongly be-grudging him 6 yrs later, & being a bit narrowminded. I've heard some say he's not as bad as he once was when younger. He bashed the Chiefs pretty hard back then, and if memory is correct, took it to a personal level with insulting one or more of the Chiefs directly. I know his bashing left a lasting negative impression on me...though it is wrong of me to not let go of that impression.

I don't have a justified reason, but I do have a lame excuse...I'm a Leo born on the cusp of Virgo...which equals traits of both, including a personality of being passionately loyal, and as a result sometimes I tend not to forget those who bash my Chiefs in any way, hahahaha. :D

Ryfo18
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh, no doubt I'm wrongly be-grudging him 6 yrs later, & being a bit narrowminded. I've heard some say he's not as bad as he once was when younger. He bashed the Chiefs pretty hard back then, and if memory is correct, took it to a personal level with insulting one or more of the Chiefs directly. I know his bashing left a lasting negative impression on me...though it is wrong of me to not let go of that impression.

I don't have a justified reason, but I do have a lame excuse...I'm a Leo born on the cusp of Virgo...which equals traits of both, including a personality of being passionately loyal, and as a result sometimes I tend not to forget those who bash my Chiefs in any way, hahahaha. :D

Oh I understand totally. Chad has his lovers and his haters, there really is no middle ground when it comes to him. I secretly wish that Bowe was as good as him though and had a similar attitude. I feel that Chad's attitude motivates the guys around him. There was a point in time when he wasn't happy about being on the Bengals, which I wouldn't welcome though.

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh I understand totally. Chad has his lovers and his haters, there really is no middle ground when it comes to him. I secretly wish that Bowe was as good as him though and had a similar attitude. I feel that Chad's attitude motivates the guys around him. There was a point in time when he wasn't happy about being on the Bengals, which I wouldn't welcome though.

Well, since Bowe is an admirer and fan of Chad, maybe that will indeed influence Bowe positively, and the Chiefs will benefit as a result.

Yeah, I remember that about Chad too, when he wasn't happy as a Bengal, which likely also influenced my negative opinion of him at the time. I sway with thinking that type of controversy belongs between the players, staff, & management, rather than on camera. That was one of my issues with LJ...speaking out negatively about his team, coaches, etc..

KottkeKU
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I love Ocho. aside from Shaq, i think he is probably the funniest athlete in sports...

I remember him calling the broken 9-0 streak from 2003... hated him back then, but he is a man of his words :) gotta respect that, and his game is awesome.

figcrostic
01-19-2010, 09:18 PM

Wow im so glad you said that I am still pissed about him guranteeing a win and then actually doing it :sterb003::sign0094: Im still mad about that, everyone says I need to get over it but I still hate the damn bungels and ocho stinko.

figcrostic
01-19-2010, 09:22 PM

I wouldn't say all that he's not a super star but he's still good.

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Wow im so glad you said that I am still pissed about him guranteeing a win and then actually doing it :sterb003::sign0094: Im still mad about that, everyone says I need to get over it but I still hate the damn bungels and ocho stinko.

Okay, hahaha. I'm not pissed like I was back then, but he did leave a lasting negative sore spot that seems to not have healed completely, since whenever I hear or read his name negative thoughts come to mind. Some impressions I suppose are just lasting, fair or not.

If my memory is correct, his insults towards some Chiefs directly, including calling Vermeil a cry baby I think...caused some commentators to ponder the possibility the Chiefs allowed Chad to get to them to the point it may have psyhcologically affected their game, causing the loss.

If so, Chad can't be blamed for that, they shouldn't have let it bother them, but they are after all human first, an athlete second. They didn't have the defense they needed to go undefeated anyway.

tornadospotter
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
I no likey ocho stinko, if DB wants to be like stinko, well he is getting stinko dropo!
This is next season is make or break for DB, he better be ready to play, if he is still a Chief. It is time for him to earn his $, and step his play up, so next season I think we will know if he will become a star, or is just a flash.

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I no likey ocho stinko, if DB wants to be like stinko, well he is getting stinko dropo!
This is next season is make or break for DB, he better be ready to play, if he is still a Chief. It is time for him to earn his $, and step his play up, so next season I think we will know if he will become a star, or is just a flash.

I agree...and I'm hoping with the right OC we will see DB develop into a great WR, or at least a good one that can make catches & plays consistently.

Seek
01-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Mabye D-bowe is working out a settlement for failing a drug test again.