PDA

View Full Version : WR?

sdeberg74
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM
I think it's about time we threw a high pick at a WR (not name Sylvester Morris)

yashi
01-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Dwayne Bowe?

loyalchief91
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
maybe we should get another wr

Vanilla Garilla
01-19-2010, 03:05 PM
How about we dont and say we did?

figcrostic
01-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it's about time we threw a high pick at a WR (not name Sylvester Morris)

I agree but 5th is way too high. Maybe if we pick up a couple picks or use one of our 2nds

KottkeKU
01-19-2010, 04:20 PM
we need to focus on building our defense.... look at the jets and their no.5 overall receiver (Braylon Edwards)...he isnt doing ANYTHING special for them. its all about defense man...

Ryfo18
01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Are you saying we should behave like Al Davis and take a receiver in the beginning of the 1st round? Haha I'm just giving you a hard time. But if I were GM, anything Al Davis does, I would do the complete opposite!

Chiefster
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
O-line.

figcrostic
01-19-2010, 09:14 PM
we need to focus on building our defense.... look at the jets and their no.5 overall receiver (Braylon Edwards)...he isnt doing ANYTHING special for them. its all about defense man...

Absolutely agree, our d is really bad, our offense is decent. If we just improved our defense and did nothing to our offense we would be a damn good team next year.

figcrostic
01-19-2010, 09:16 PM
O-line.

Is secondary to our horrible defense. If we can we should trade down and pick up a solid NT, or a really good LB, then work on the O-line. Our O-line has gotten much better, unlike our d.

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Is secondary to our horrible defense. If we can we should trade down and pick up a solid NT, or a really good LB, then work on the O-line. Our O-line has gotten much better, unlike our d.

Well, either the O-Line improved, or Charles is so good it made them appear improved?? If the latter is more true than not, imagine what he could do with an improved OL! Which, he's gonna need a tough OL much more next season, now that he has broken out revealing his awesome talent as a RB. Opposing defenses will prepare more next season to stop his run game. Just sayin. :D

I don't think our defense is that bad, simply under-developed and with the right DC the existing talent will prevail, with a couple additions of course.

I don't believe great defenses alone win SB titles, although it may have appeared that way with some SB teams & games. I believe a team needs a balance of both good offense and defense to remain consistent as play off and SB contenders longer than 1-2 seasons.

Chiefster
01-19-2010, 09:58 PM

This was the mindset last year at this point as we all watched the o-line go, for all intents and purposes, ignored and unaddressed; the result was giving up 30 sacks in our first eight games. I just think the o-line needs to be addressed first and foremost IMO.

Chiefster
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Well, either the O-Line improved, or Charles is so good it made them appear improved?? If the latter is more true than not, imagine what he could do with an improved OL! Which, he's gonna need a tough OL much more next season, now that he has broken out revealing his awesome talent as a RB. Opposing defenses will prepare more next season to stop his run game. Just sayin. :D

I don't think our defense is that bad, simply under-developed and with the right DC the existing talent will prevail, with a couple additions of course.

I don't believe great defenses alone win SB titles, although it may have appeared that way with some SB teams & games. I believe a team needs a balance of both good offense and defense to remain consistent as play off and SB contenders longer than 1-2 seasons.

...This.

hometeam
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
lets take Alexander with a mid rounder :P

Connie Jo
01-19-2010, 10:53 PM
This was the mindset last year at this point as we all watched the o-line go, for all intents and purposes, ignored and unaddressed; the result was giving up 30 sacks in our first eight games. I just think the o-line needs to be addressed first and foremost IMO.

Obviously I agree with you on needing to improve the OL...so "This" post too, haha. I had Charles on my brain, not protecting Cassel when I made my post. Protecting Cassel of course is critical too.

A defense isn't gonna do much good without a healthy & efficient QB and RB on offense...we have to score offensive points to win. We need both offense and defense of course, but I just see the OL as needing more focus right now based upon last season than I do the defense.

tornadospotter
01-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I see a need for improvement in every aspect other than the two kickers! Top priority Coaching, but we may have that taken care of now, with are first round pick we need to take the best player available, then draft for needs. If you have pay top 5 money, You better pick the a top 5 athlete, or trade the pick. I would still love to get Suh, but will not happen.

Chiefster
01-20-2010, 02:44 AM
Obviously I agree with you on needing to improve the OL...so "This" post too, haha. I had Charles on my brain, not protecting Cassel when I made my post. Protecting Cassel of course is critical too.

A defense isn't gonna do much good without a healthy & efficient QB and RB on offense...we have to score offensive points to win. We need both offense and defense of course, but I just see the OL as needing more focus right now based upon last season than I do the defense.

We are obviously on the same page here, but that could just be because we've been around a little more then others. :D

chief31
01-20-2010, 04:02 AM

I believe that it was mostly the change of play-calling that was forced to happen when JC took over for LJ.

I think that running the ball strictly between the tackles made it very easy for defenses to gameplan against. And adding the ability to run to the far outside changed all that.

Plus, Charles is a stud! :yahoo:

I too believe that our defense will be alot better with the coaching changes. Pendergast was just holding down the fort, and setting the table for Romeo. He is not a good DC, and I think everybody knew that.
I think our defense failed because we did not know how to design a good 3-4 defense.

However, I do think that we will be looking to find alot of upgrades on defense.

If I were in charge of the upcoming draft (disregarding the free agency period that preceeds it) I would definitely take OT, Okung, in the first round, should he be available.

Reason being, he can compete for the LOT job with Albert, and the loser of that competition would likely make a signifigant upgrade to the ROT, or RG position.

Then, throughout the season, and the next season's training camp, the competion can be revitalized.

Should I be so unlucky as to wind up with a ROT in Okung, then so be it. I love that I can draft a guy to start at a valuable position, and, if he fails, he has another important position that he has a better shot of filling.

Far better than drafting a NT who fails to meet the requirements at NT. Because then he just fails. There is no other position for him, really.

My second choice would be the Safety, Berry. And I will not protest too heavily should we go with a LB. But I do not like to see the draft position wasted by reaching too far down.

Chiefster
01-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I believe that it was mostly the change of play-calling that was forced to happen when JC took over for LJ.

I think that running the ball strictly between the tackles made it very easy for defenses to gameplan against. And adding the ability to run to the far outside changed all that.

Plus, Charles is a stud! :yahoo:

I too believe that our defense will be alot better with the coaching changes. Pendergast was just holding down the fort, and setting the table for Romeo. He is not a good DC, and I think everybody knew that.
I think our defense failed because we did not know how to design a good 3-4 defense.

However, I do think that we will be looking to find alot of upgrades on defense.

If I were in charge of the upcoming draft (disregarding the free agency period that preceeds it) I would definitely take OT, Okung, in the first round, should he be available.

Reason being, he can compete for the LOT job with Albert, and the loser of that competition would likely make a signifigant upgrade to the ROT, or RG position.

Then, throughout the season, and the next season's training camp, the competion can be revitalized.

Should I be so unlucky as to wind up with a ROT in Okung, then so be it. I love that I can draft a guy to start at a valuable position, and, if he fails, he has another important position that he has a better shot of filling.

Far better than drafting a NT who fails to meet the requirements at NT. Because then he just fails. There is no other position for him, really.

My second choice would be the Safety, Berry. And I will not protest too heavily should we go with a LB. But I do not like to see the draft position wasted by reaching too far down.

That's a great big THIS!!!

yashi
01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey, something that wasn't mentioned, if you want to know what was different with our offensive line later in the season. We started using a lot of zone blocks once Charles took over. I think this helped a lot.

If You Can't Beat*Them...Zone Them - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1/19/1244139/if-you-cant-beat-them-zone-them)

pbatrucker
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey, something that wasn't mentioned, if you want to know what was different with our offensive line later in the season. We started using a lot of zone blocks once Charles took over. I think this helped a lot.

If You Can't Beat*Them...Zone Them - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1/19/1244139/if-you-cant-beat-them-zone-them)
You are correct again!!! And since our offense uses a power blocking scheme, that horrible OC we had did a hell of a job incorporating the zone blocking into his system.

brockmcmanis
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Absolutely agree, our d is really bad, our offense is decent. If we just improved our defense and did nothing to our offense we would be a damn good team next year.

i agree our d is pretty ****ty but we can't just look at d we need an o line to!

DC_Chiefsfan
01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
absolutely we should use our no. 5 pick on a wr (If suh, claussen, okung, berry, mccoy, mcclain, bruce campbell, trent williams, sam bradford, taylor mays, earl thomas, brandon spikes and sergio kindle are gone).

DC_Chiefsfan
01-20-2010, 07:32 PM
I still like Quintin Lawrence. He's fast as lightning and still very young. If he trains hard this offseason he could be very valuable next year.

YZILLA
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
I think Golden Tate from Notre Dame is the man to grab he is a stud ! Watch his 09 highlight Reel :

YouTube- Golden Tate Highlights - Nov. 30, 2009

Chiefster
01-21-2010, 02:15 AM
The man is studly!

DC_Chiefsfan
01-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Now drafting a wr with our 2nd rd pick I have no objections to. Especially if this guy is available. As a Notre Dame fan, i watched this guy play every game this year, and without him, claussen's numbers wouldn't be nearly as good. He's a gamechanger. He's going to be a great NFL player.

matthewschiefs
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Now drafting a wr with our 2nd rd pick I have no objections to. Especially if this guy is available. As a Notre Dame fan, i watched this guy play every game this year, and without him, claussen's numbers wouldn't be nearly as good. He's a gamechanger. He's going to be a great NFL player.

I agree and the fact that the coach in charge of the Chiefs offense now was the Coach that made him into that stud is only a plus. Charlie will no whats best for him. If the Chiefs can somehow snag him I think that would be a very good thing.