PDA

View Full Version : T-rich still wants to play.

honda522
01-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Richardson a good guy on the block for Jets - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1703633.html)

It said he still lives here in KC.

I would pay him a lot to come back. T-rich made Priest...he made LJ, he made alot of guys careers. He can make JC's career huge too.

DC_Chiefsfan
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM
sign him.

Connie Jo
01-24-2010, 11:06 PM
His heart is in KC. I would love to see T-Rich return to the Chiefs!! If Lamar had been healthy and in charge at the time, I don't think Peterson would've been able to cut T-Rich.

matthewschiefs
01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
sign him.

I agree If hes willing to come back to Kc he would be a good additon to the team. I would love to see him be able to retire a Chief.

figcrostic
01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Richardson a good guy on the block for Jets - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1703633.html)

It said he still lives here in KC.

I would pay him a lot to come back. T-rich made Priest...he made LJ, he made alot of guys careers. He can make JC's career huge too.

He's almost 40, that would be stupid to sign him.

josh1971
01-24-2010, 11:43 PM

I don't know if it would be stupid to sign him, but it would be stupid to pay him a lot.

Connie Jo
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't know if it would be stupid to sign him, but it would be stupid to pay him a lot.

Totally agree! He earned the right to retire a Chief, and offered to accept pay cut's to stay prior to Peterson cutting him...so I tend to think he would sign very reasonable to play a final year or so with his beloved Chiefs!

DC_Chiefsfan
01-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Precisely. We have some young, raw FB's who are supposed to pave the way for Charles. This guy lives in KC and I'm sure wouldn't mind retiring a chief and providing some guidance to the young guys. Besides, have you watched the dude play?! He's a monster, still!

Connie Jo
01-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Precisely. We have some young, raw FB's who are supposed to pave the way for Charles. This guy lives in KC and I'm sure wouldn't mind retiring a chief and providing some guidance to the young guys. Besides, have you watched the dude play?! He's a monster, still!

GREAT points!!

greg3564
01-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Add Tony Richardson to the long list of players we should have never parted ways with. I swear, it's a wonder why Carl Peterson wasn't shown the door earlier. Watching Scott Fujita and Jared Allen playing today wasn't fun either. Oh well.

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Add Tony Richardson to the long list of players we should have never parted ways with. I swear, it's a wonder why Carl Peterson wasn't shown the door earlier. Watching Scott Fujita and Jared Allen playing today wasn't fun either. Oh well.

Well, it's fun watching them play because they're so damn good at what they do...but, NO!... it's not fun watching GREAT playmaking former Chiefs contribute their awesome talent to another team! I hate it!!

Sometimes I wonder if Peterson is of sound mind...he didn't make such stupid moves in his early day's with the Chiefs...but, he sure wasn't making what appeared to be rational choices in the end. He's more to blame than any other person for the destruction of the Chiefs, in my humble opinion that is. :)

MDChiefs!
01-25-2010, 01:23 AM
T Rich has been playing 14 years, plus we have Mike Cox and Tim Castille at FB, and Cox has been playing quite well. I loved T Rich but we dont need him here in KC. Our roster is going to be crowded enough

PawnshopMarimba
01-25-2010, 01:37 AM
As far as fullbacks go, Tony is one of the very best that ever played. Seriously.

I don't care how old he is. Sign the man.

lucky_lefty
01-25-2010, 01:43 AM

I see someone has sense on here. T-Rich was good.....

when he played for you guys way back when but ne dropped passes and missed a few pass blocking assignments from I saw today. You guys are good w/ the FBs you have now. If he comes back, bring him in as a coach

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 02:55 AM
I see someone has sense on here. T-Rich was good.....

when he played for you guys way back when but ne dropped passes and missed a few pass blocking assignments from I saw today. You guys are good w/ the FBs you have now. If he comes back, bring him in as a coach

I somewhat drew the conclusion that most replying were thinking along those same lines...bringing him back, adding him to the roster, more as a mentor the youngin's can observe at play from time to time, advise (coach) when he's not on the field...and learn from one of the best. :D

yashi
01-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Mike Cox is a free agent, and Castille isn't known for his blocking. I'd love to get T-Rich back and let him leave on his own terms. Fullbacks aren't expensive. He wouldn't hurt our cap situation at all.

matthewschiefs
01-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I no that he is getting up there in age but I think if nothing eles he could be brought in to teach some of the younger players. You need some vets to help teach some of the younger players. There is some help bringing a guy with age in. I dont think it would be a bad move.

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I have a gut feeling that if T-Rich was re-signed as a Chief the last yr or so of his career...they would be among his best career years!

wildcat
01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
He may not be a household name, since he is a FB, but I think most Chief's fans are smart enough to know how important his role was in the success of our run game. I hope he does come back, even if it is just to retire a Chief and be a mentor.

Cutting T-Rich was one of the worst mistakes of the Peterson era. At least with a guy like Jared Allen, there was a concern over cap space. (FYI - I am not trying to say cutting Allen was a good move either. Clearly it was not). A FB doesn't make what a DE does to begin with, and T-Rich was willing to take a cut.

yashi
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
He may not be a household name, since he is a FB, but I think most Chief's fans are smart enough to know how important his role was in the success of our run game. I hope he does come back, even if it is just to retire a Chief and be a mentor.

Cutting T-Rich was one of the worst mistakes of the Peterson era. At least with a guy like Jared Allen, there was a concern over cap space. (FYI - I am not trying to say cutting Allen was a good move either. Clearly it was not). A FB doesn't make what a DE does to begin with, and T-Rich was willing to take a cut.

Just to clarify, Allen wasn't cut. He was traded.

wildcat
01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Just to clarify, Allen wasn't cut. He was traded.

Thanks for pointing that out. It was a typo. Sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain works.

captainamerica
01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't know if you've been following his career post-Chiefs, but he helped AP set single game rushing records as a rookie and has since went on to help Thomas Jones become a Pro-Bowler in 2008 and was also a big part of the success the Jets had running the ball this year.

He may be old, but these last 2 seasons he's still been in discussions for making the pro-bowl and has still played at an elite level for his position. Despite all of these pros, he's still inexpensive and wouldn't hurt our cap salary. I think it'd be crazy not to sign him.

figcrostic
01-25-2010, 04:16 PM

Too many names too count

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't know if you've been following his career post-Chiefs, but he helped AP set single game rushing records as a rookie and has since went on to help Thomas Jones become a Pro-Bowler in 2008 and was also a big part of the success the Jets had running the ball this year.

He may be old, but these last 2 seasons he's still been in discussions for making the pro-bowl and has still played at an elite level for his position. Despite all of these pros, he's still inexpensive and wouldn't hurt our cap salary. I think it'd be crazy not to sign him.

Great points of debate!

Chiefster
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I would love to have T-Rich back!

honda522
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Not really..I beg to differ. Look at the impact Favre had in Minny.He is old.

T-rich is good still and smart. He has a few years left. Its not like he has had injuries or anything aside the broken arm.

yashi
01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
T-Rich is still playing at a very high level. It's no coincidence that every team he plays on is always one of the best rushing teams in the league.

Jimpac
09-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Don't be surprised if he's already talking to the DON. It wouldn't take much to make roster room for the best Blocking Full back the chiefs ever let go. He wouldnt need to make a very big hole for Charles and think about goal line package with Jackie right behing him!

Prayers a PLENTY"

matthewschiefs
09-06-2010, 12:59 AM
he might be 40 but the guy can still play. Maybe not at as high of a level that he once did but the question is do we have anyone that can do a better job then him right now. I don't think we do. GET HIM BACK TO KC

toyotapower
09-06-2010, 01:00 PM
That would bring back some great memories if he does come back.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Now that I think about it, I'm guessing the Jets will probably bring him back at a lesser contract.

chief31
09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
The Jets ranked 20th and 19th in the two seasons before adding T-Rich to the mix.

They ranked 9th, then 1st in rushing in the past two seasons, with T-Rich.

Prior to adding T-Rich, the Vikings ranked 18th, then 27th in rushing.

The Vikings ranked 16th, then 1st in their two seasons with T-Rich.

The Chiefs, in their final two seasons with T-Rich, were ranked at 4th, two seasons in a row.

After T-Rich left, the following two seasons, The Chiefs were ranked 9th, then 32nd.

All of those rankings are on YPC, not total yards. But the trends are just as noticable when using total rushing yards.

And I know that there are plenty of other factors that can be pointed to, as reasons for the trends. (The removal of Vermiel and Roaf, for the decline of The Chiefs' rushing. The addition of Adrian Peterson for The Vikings.)

But T-Rich was the one constant throughout.

Our O-line has looked markedly improved at all run blocking. And adding T-Rich could add a very significant positive effect to our ability to run the ball, and even control the clock.

I would be thrilled to see him wearing a Chiefs jersey again, this season.

tornadospotter
09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
A Kansas City Chief, needs to come home! Get him signed!

Drunker Hillbilly
09-06-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm almost positive he will be resigned by the Jets. He's just too valuable to let go.

Chiefster
09-07-2010, 01:35 AM
The Jets ranked 20th and 19th in the two seasons before adding T-Rich to the mix.

They ranked 9th, then 1st in rushing in the past two seasons, with T-Rich.

Prior to adding T-Rich, the Vikings ranked 18th, then 27th in rushing.

The Vikings ranked 16th, then 1st in their two seasons with T-Rich.

The Chiefs, in their final two seasons with T-Rich, were ranked at 4th, two seasons in a row.

After T-Rich left, the following two seasons, The Chiefs were ranked 9th, then 32nd.

All of those rankings are on YPC, not total yards. But the trends are just as noticable when using total rushing yards.

And I know that there are plenty of other factors that can be pointed to, as reasons for the trends. (The removal of Vermiel and Roaf, for the decline of The Chiefs' rushing. The addition of Adrian Peterson for The Vikings.)

But T-Rich was the one constant throughout.

Our O-line has looked markedly improved at all run blocking. And adding T-Rich could add a very significant positive effect to our ability to run the ball, and even control the clock.

I would be thrilled to see him wearing a Chiefs jersey again, this season.

...Everything he said! :chiefs:

Canada
09-07-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm almost positive he will be resigned by the Jets. He's just too valuable to let go.

I hate to say it, but you were right!!:bananen_smilies046:

NFL.com news: Revis signing opens door for Richardson's return to Jets (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a4fd0d/article/revis-signing-opens-door-for-richardsons-return-to-jets?module=HP_headlines)

KCINNYC
09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Please Bring him back Chiefs!

Canada
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
He's not coming back. :(

Tony Richardson (http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyrichardson/profile?id=RIC389026) wasn't an ex-Jet for long.
Coach Rex Ryan said the veteran fullback will be re-signed by New York on Tuesday, two days after the popular player was released in what was initially viewed as a cost-cutting move.
Richardson will be added to the 53-man roster, Ryan said Monday, and play in the season opener against Baltimore next Monday night.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I hate to say it, but you were right!!:bananen_smilies046:

NFL.com news: Revis signing opens door for Richardson's return to Jets (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a4fd0d/article/revis-signing-opens-door-for-richardsons-return-to-jets?module=HP_headlines)
It happens from time to time!:lol:

Canada
09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
It happens from time to time!:lol:

throw enough darts, you are bound to hit a bullseye!! :bananen_smilies046:

hometeam
09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
i cryed a little :(

matthewschiefs
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
To bad he went back to the Jets but it's good that he was not out of work long. He's to good of a player to be on the street.

KCINNYC
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
In truth, I think if we got him back, he would be upset. Guessing he would rather be with the Jets anyway, playing for that Super Bowl ring right now. If the Chiefs don't end up representing the AFC, I guess I'll root for the J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

But P.S. Chiefs shock the world and go to the Super Bowl.