PDA

View Full Version : Why Suh is a bad choice for the Chiefs

jap1
01-25-2010, 02:18 AM
I have heard many people in here say that they want us to pick Suh, if he was available. Some even want us to trade to an earlier pick to get him. I dont think he will be a good fit for the team because he fills a position that is already filled. Bear with me, it is a long post because I want to explain my thoughts in detail.

Yes, I know our defensive line is no where near the best in the league. However, just putting any good player is not going to improve the DL.

First, we need to look at what skill set Suh brings to us. He is a great defensive tackle in the 4-3 that he has played in. He is a little on the small side and has spent some time playing as a DE in special packages in a 4-3. His role in that defense was to get past the person(s) blocking him and get to the QB or the RB. He has good agility, some bull rush ability and good handwork to get off of blocks.

Next lets look at our defense and where we need help. We run a 3-4. The role of all 3 linemen in a 3-4 are to push the linemen back. They are run stuffers, and they are supposed to collapse the pocket. The players who play DE in this defense are not expected to get sacks (but sacks are always welcome). Their primary duty is to occupy space to clog running lanes, and/or to stop the run. The NTs job is very similar. DEs in a 3-4 are very similar in size to the DTs in a 4-3, and a NT in a 3-4 is supposed to be very large. The skill set desired in a 3-4 linemen is strength to push the opponents back. Agility and shedding blockers is not a skill that they are supposed to focus on.

On our DL we have Dorsey and TJ starting at the DE positions. Edwards is our NT. Right now the biggest need is at NT. Edwards is not a true NT. He is a converted DT. He is undersized and not strong enough to handle the double teams a NT should handle. Dorsey has done better than expected at DE. When he was gone, we got destroyed in the running game. TJ has not done great, but he is also a rookie, and there is a huge learning curve (2 seasons usually) for defensive linemen in the NFL. We do not need 3-4 DEs, we need a NT.

If we drafted Suh, what position would he play? NT? He is too small and doesnt have the brute strength to play there. 3-4 DE? He could probably play this position, but we already have one good DE (Dorsey) and someone we expect to become a good DE (T. Jackson). So by drafting Suh, we are basically drafting someone to replace two people we have a lot of money tied up in that are not playing horribly.

We have much bigger needs that we would be better off filling with that 1st pick.

Now, this is obviously just my opinion, but I could not help but share it given everyone's obsession with wanting Suh. Now I am not saying that he wont be a good player, or that he is not worth picking in the top 5. He is just not a good fit for our current team.

Everest
01-25-2010, 02:41 AM
My thoughts exactly +rep

Bike
01-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Why Suh is a bad choice for the Chiefs

I really don't see how Suh could be a bad choice for anybody. He is a once in a decade type of player (imo) and we would have to build our defense around the guy. I mean c'mon our D finished ranked 30th in the league last season so any major change (ie 4-3 or relagating Jackson or Dorsey as a backup) certainly couldn't make this D any worse. So if Suh fell to 5 I would definetly have to take him. But no matter - he'll be gone.

pbatrucker
01-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Let me start out by saying I'm not a fan of drafting Suh. That being said, anyone who is under estimating his ability is being foolish. If you have watched him play more than once, you have to realize that he is very strong and I'm having a hard time recalling a DT coming out that could use their hands as well as he does.
They would also have to realize he would be a monster at DE in a 3-4, both as a run stopper and pass rusher.
It is true that he is not the size of your normal NT, but you do realize that the cowgirls play a pretty good 3-4 with a undersized NT(Ratledge). To say he wouldn't be a good NT would be foolish, let's just say he would play the position a little different.

Bwanna
01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
About a 1% chance he's still around by pick #5, IMO.

Ryfo18
01-25-2010, 09:37 AM
He's not the first guy that I hope we take, but he would definitely be better than Edwards as a converted NT. The guy knows how to play and he would have a positive effect on the line. I don't think there is anyway the Rams take him though.

yashi
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't even know why Suh is in the discussion. There is literally a 0% chance we even have an opportunity to draft him.

1. Rams - Clausen
2. Lions - Suh
3. Bucs - McCoy
4. Redskins - Bradford

1. Rams - Suh
2. Lions - McCoy/Okung
3. Bucs - McCoy/Berry
4. Redskins - Clausen/Bradford

Those are the two most likely scenarios. Neither of them involves Suh being remotely possible for us.

DC_Chiefsfan
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
If we draft Suh, he becomes Glenn Dorsey. Nothing exciting, not a NT. If he's available, awesome! We can trade down easily!

Ryfo18
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
He's not the first guy that I hope we take, but he would definitely be better than Edwards as a converted NT. The guy knows how to play and he would have a positive effect on the line. I don't think there is anyway the Rams take him though.

Oops, I mean, I don't think there is anyway the Rams pass him up.

yashi
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I think Suh could play NT in the right 3-4 scheme, but not in a traditional 2 gap scheme. Jay Ratliff is the Cowboys NT (#2 ranked defense this year), and he's 6'4" 302. They run a 1 gap defense though, so he doesn't line up directly over the center like the NT in Coach Romeo's system does.

I really expect us to make a move for Terrence Cody in the 2nd round or trade back late into the 1st round.

pbatrucker
01-25-2010, 10:28 AM
It will be interesting to see how Cody plays this weekend and what shape he's in at the combine. If he's real serious about playing he'll work his butt off getting in shape.

yashi
01-25-2010, 10:34 AM
It will be interesting to see how Cody plays this weekend and what shape he's in at the combine. If he's real serious about playing he'll work his butt off getting in shape.

Cody's weigh-in has to be one of the most anticipated weigh-ins of any prospect I can remember.

pbatrucker
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
I have found another NT possiblity. Kade Weston DT, Geogia. I can't find much on hin. His weight varies in different reports between 317 and 327. They all say he is very strong and hard to move off the line of scrimage. What really caught my eye is they say he has hardly any body fat. 320 lbs is a lot of muscle mass.

matthewschiefs
01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
I defently think I SUH is at the 5th spot the Chiefs should take him. You simply dont pass on a player like that. But I dont think he will be there so it is not realy going to matter. But I think he could be an instant help for the pass rush so IF possible take him.

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I have learned, that if I want to participate in draft discussions during the off season...I need to become a fan of NCAA and start following college football way more than I have in past years. I don't have a clue who we should or should not draft based upon college performance, endurance, ability, & talent.

My biggest participation with the draft over the years has been attending Draft Day at Arrowhead, and rooting for a draftee to fill a position I felt we needed...assuming the Chiefs were drafting the best available as such.

I am learning much about the draft by reading the related threads, however! Thanks guys! :)

yashi
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
370 lbs for Cody. That's a large man.

yashi
01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I have learned, that if I want to participate in draft discussions during the off season...I need to become a fan of NCAA and start following college football way more than I have in past years. I don't have a clue who we should or should not draft based upon college performance, endurance, ability, & talent.

My biggest participation with the draft over the years has been attending Draft Day at Arrowhead, and rooting for a draftee to fill a position I felt we needed...assuming the Chiefs were drafting the best available as such.

I am learning much about the draft by reading the related threads, however! Thanks guys! :)

Ha, no problem. Honestly, I don't watch a whole lot of college football. I am, however, really into following the draft stock of each player through the year and kind of learning about their strengths and weaknesses, what kind of schemes they fit into, potential future Chiefs, etc. Just one of my many nerdy interests. :D

Seek
01-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Suh does not fit this team because he is on the D line. We need help at O line, O line, O line, Safety, Line backer, Running Back and WR... before we hit the D-line.

I remember the same talks about Dorsey before we drafted him. No more D lineman in the first round please. It isn't working of us..

matthewschiefs
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM

I dont watch much college football either. Mainly just becuse of there joke of a post season. But I did watch a couple of nebraka's games once i started hearing about Suh. I liked what i saw. Hes realy the only one that I think would be a great pick. But sadly the rams will probley snatch him.

endzonewillie
01-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't see Pioli and Haley going for any Dlinemen in the first pick for us as we can fill the needs there in FA. Kade Weston DT and Terrence Cody are 2 talented players no doubt but the problems with our D are not the line , my opinion is we are going to get an Olineman which would benefit us much more. We need to protect our QB that we just contracted for 6 years and give our new stud RB lanes to get to the second level much easier. Most of the running JC had were created by himself , just think what he could do if he has a hole you could drive a cruise ship through.
Below is a possible top 10 of the Olinemen in the 2010 Draft:
1 Russell Okung Oklahoma St.
6-8 299 96 2 Trent Williams
Oklahoma 6-5 306 94 3 Bryan Bulaga
Iowa 6-6 311 93 4 Charles Brown
USC 6-5 285 92 5 Anthony Davis
Rutgers 6-5 328 91 6 Tony Washington
Abilene Christian
6-6 300 83 7 Sam Young
Notre Dame
6-7 314 81 8 Selvish Capers
West Virginia
6-4 293 80 9 Kyle Calloway
Iowa 6-6 318 78 10 Jason Fox
Miami 6-6 301 77{courtesy of ESPN NFL NFC West Blog}
If we can secure any of the top 5 for our line it would mean an immediate upgrade to our Oline. I was very surprised to see
3Bryan Bulaga
Iowa6-631193because he is only a Jr but his play was outstanding this past season as Iowa had 2 true freshmen at RB and they were basically a running team.
2Trent Williams
Oklahoma6-530694Trent Williams is a monster and anyone that comes out of a Bob Stoops offense is worthy.
If we don't go OLine the other spot in need is MLB as Mike Vrabel as talented as he is may be coming to the end of his career in the next 2 years if not this offseason and it would be a very good defensive move to get a top talent for him to help train for his replacement. Here is a possible top 3 LBs entering the draft:
#1 LB Prospect for 2010 NFL Draft- Rolando McClain- Alabama
Rolando McClain is big athlete who hits hard. McClain will be a feared linebacker at the NFL level and should be an immediate starter for whatever team that drafts him. McClain is 6’4” and over 250 pounds and projects to run the 40 at around 4.6. McClain can expect to be a top 15 pick during the 2010 NFL Draft.
2010 NFL Mock Draft Projection: Top 15 Pick
#2 LB Prospect for 2010 NFL Draft- Brandon Spikes – Florida
Brandon Spikes is a top of the line middle linebacker who will get the attention of pro scouts. Like McClain, he is big and fast and will do well roaming the middle in the NFL. Look for Spikes to be taken in the first round on draft day.
2010 NFL Mock Draft Projection: 1st Round
#3 LB Prospect for 2010 NFL Draft- Sergio Kindle- Texas
Sergio Kindlehttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/27.jpg (http://www.life123.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-nfl-draft-top-10-linebacker-prospects.shtml#) is an outside linebacker that can stuff the run and rush the passer. Kindle will give an NFL team the versatility of using him in several different schemes. He possesses great speed for 6’4” 250 pound player. Look for Sergio to get taken in the early second round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
{courtesy of Life123}
We also have a need for SS and FS but I don't see Haley or Pioli having any desires to use our top p[ick for either position , maybe a third or forth round pick for those. It should be very interesting to see what we do, for the most part I understand why some fans want Suh to be our first pick , we just have other needs that warrant the attention. He would also be a good tool for aquiring more draft picks if he is available.

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
I'll be rooting for the Chiefs to draft an offensive lineman first and foremost, because IMO I too believe that should be our top priority in the draft. I could be wrong, but I don't think our Defense needs as much improvement as the stat's show, and as many believe.

I think the talent is already there on defense for the most part, and hopefully that talent will be revealed in 2010 with a new DC. I would like to see a couple additions made to our defense, but still don't see it as much of a priority to improve in the draft as the OL.

Chiefster
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I'll be rooting for the Chiefs to draft an offensive lineman first and foremost, because IMO I too believe that should be our top priority in the draft. I could be wrong, but I don't think our Defense needs as much improvement as the stat's show, and as many believe.

I think the talent is already there on defense for the most part, and hopefully that talent will be revealed in 2010 with a new DC. I would like to see a couple additions made to our defense, but still don't see it as much of a priority to improve in the draft as the OL.

Agreed!

Could you teach my wife your football understanding??? :D j/k.

captainamerica
01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
The only possible scenario that Suh will fall to us is if...

The Rams take Clausen #1 overall
The Lions take Russel Okung #2 overall
The Bucs take McCoy #3 overall
The Redskins take either Berry or Sam Bradford #4 (let's assume they're happy with Campbell for now and they take Berry. BTW I'm one of the few that think they won't draft a QB in the first this year)

If this scenario rings true and the Redskins snag Berry and Okung is already gone by this point than who would we draft instead of Suh? Who would be worth the #5 overall money? If Suh is available by some miracle of god than I think it'd be tough for us to pass him up honestly. If somehow both Suh and Berry are available than my gut says to go with Berry, but even still we should consider Suh. Players like him don't come around very often. I'd hate to pass on him and than him turn out to be a hall of fame type player on another team.

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Agreed!

Could you teach my wife your football understanding??? :D j/k.

Shoot! It started in childhood! hahaha

I remember years ago when Tony Gonzalez offered classes to women during the off season...to teach them about football, hahaha. They always sold out the space available. I laughed, cause I can pretty much guarantee most of the women who paid for those classes weren't as much interested about learning the game as they were interested in learning about Tony!

:lol:

tornadospotter
01-25-2010, 07:32 PM

I remember years ago when Tony Gonzalez offered classes to women during the off season...to teach them about football, hahaha. They always sold out the space available. I laughed, cause I can pretty much guarantee most of the women who paid for those classes weren't as much interested about learning the game as they were interested in learning about Tony!

:D Tammie did you go to that class? :D

Connie Jo
01-25-2010, 07:44 PM
:D Tammie did you go to that class? :D

Did she? hahahaha

I thought about signing up just for the fun of it...but I couldn't afford the fee. If memory is correct it was expensive! I remember the newsletter advertising the classes, saying Tony would have other Chiefs players stopping in from time to time helping him teach different aspects of the game. At the end of the course they were to have a 'graduation dinner', of which Tony hosted too, as part of the fee. It sounded like fun! :D

Everest
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
If we can secure any of the top 5 for our line it would mean an immediate upgrade to our Oline. I was very surprised to see 3 Bryan Bulaga because he is only a Jr but his play was outstanding this past season as Iowa had 2 true freshmen at RB and they were basically a running team.

I agree that we need to pick up a couple good O-Linemen at some point in the draft, but, I just don't think that any of the available tackles are worth the 5th pick overall, there just isn't a can't miss prospect out there. Okung isn't significantly better than the rest in my opinion. I'm a big Iowa fan and student so I've seen alot of Bryan Bulaga, love the guy and I think he would make a great Chief, but I would be very upset if we took him 5th overall. If we trade back to a later first and he's still available then by all means grab him. He's a guy who would have benefitted a lot from staying for a senior season. He missed 3 games in a row this season due to a thyroid problem and wasn't at full strength for much of the season. He's still really young, a true Junior (just 20 years old) and still somewhat raw. He's a guy who would likely have had a stellar season and been a top pick if he stayed another year (barring injury), as it is he's still somewhat of a project but has a very high ceiling. With a little work he could well become a top left tackle but I think it will take some developement before he's a true impact player. He'd be great value later in the first though.

tornadospotter
01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I think we take a #5, the best player on the board. If Suh is there, you draft him, best scenario if he is there, we get a draft day trade for need, and a additional pick. If not we take him, and build our defense with him involved. You can constantly draft the best players, and go after free agents to fit what your plan is, and fail. If you are willing to adapt to personel you have, and aquire, then you can be great. You take playmakers! You Coach and develope your team and how you play with the talent you bring to training camp. Why do we have play a 3-4 defense? Who says that is what we will do next season? What do we really know. We have not had a true DC or OC, this last season! Most likely we will stay with the 3-4 and Suh will be gone before we are on the clock. I like some of the other potential draft choices also.There has been some vids posted of players that I know nothing about.
I am from Nebraska and a huge Suh Fan, I have stated that before, you all know that. I think he will be able to play where ever he needs to play at, what ever position, I really think we should consider a Dorsey trade for picks, if that means we can draft Suh! I have some concerns about Dorsey's longevity.

endzonewillie
01-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I think we take a #5, the best player on the board. If Suh is there, you draft him, best scenario if he is there, we get a draft day trade for need, and a additional pick. If not we take him, and build our defense with him involved. You can constantly draft the best players, and go after free agents to fit what your plan is, and fail. If you are willing to adapt to personel you have, and aquire, then you can be great. You take playmakers! You Coach and develope your team and how you play with the talent you bring to training camp. Why do we have play a 3-4 defense? Who says that is what we will do next season? What do we really know. We have not had a true DC or OC, this last season! Most likely we will stay with the 3-4 and Suh will be gone before we are on the clock. I like some of the other potential draft choices also.There has been some vids posted of players that I know nothing about.
I am from Nebraska and a huge Suh Fan, I have stated that before, you all know that. I think he will be able to play where ever he needs to play at, what ever position, I really think we should consider a Dorsey trade for picks, if that means we can draft Suh! I have some concerns about Dorsey's longevity.
Suh is a DE, how many times do we need to pick up a DE with our first pick before the job is done? He is definately a solid player , I have watched a few Cornhusker games and he is a guy that can take over a game at the college level. I think in the right position he could be a dynamic LB that can also drop to a 3 point stance and play DE but in no way could he be a NT. The team needs to many different things to take the best deal on the shelf but with Pioli in charge it's hard to say.

Lazeye
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
We need to take an OL with our 1st pick no matter what. Our D has already improved by alot, We got a B@d@ss D cord. remember.

endzonewillie
01-25-2010, 11:28 PM
We need to take an OL with our 1st pick no matter what. Our D has already improved by alot, We got a B@d@ss D cord. remember.
I am with you on this , we need to pick up a stud LT so Albert can go back to playing RG which is what he played in college.

Chiefster
01-26-2010, 12:45 AM

It's a good thing my wife didn't know about those classes. :lol:

kcred
01-26-2010, 06:19 PM
What else can I say about suh except that he will be the nfl mvp within 3yrs. Simply the best defensive player to come out college in the past 10 yrs. Scratch that the best play to come out since payton Manning. Whether you like it or not the chiefs will have him the # 1 rated player in the draft and would jump at the chance to draft suh. If Detroit calls about. Dorsey expect to see suh in a chiefs uniform.

Pro_Angler
01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
well first off he wont ever be availably to us. so another pointless thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAPHOJUNKIE
01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Some of this is ridiculous.

First of all - Detroit wouldn't call about Dorsey unless Suh went #1 overall. Why would you trade for Dorsey when you could just draft Suh?

If Suh is off the board, why trade Dorsey? Unless you can get a first round pick for him, but then we'd have to wait until 2011.

Secondly, I know he is a very good player, but he has done exactly NOTHING in the NFL. Defensive tackle is hardly known for having quick transitions to the pro level.

If suh is available, that means that at least one quarterback, eric berry, okung, and probably a pass rusher have been drafted. Our best bet would be to trade down, and someone would likely move up for him.

The only way we draft Suh is if we intend on moving back to a 4-3 defense, which would be fine, considering we don't have a plethora of good linebackers, and Vrabel is a free agent. of course, hiring Romeo Crennel pretty much negates that possibility entirely, so again, I have to say that there is a less than 1% chance Suh falls to us, and a less than 1% chance that we would actually draft him if that happened.

Chiefster
01-27-2010, 11:31 PM

First of all - Detroit wouldn't call about Dorsey unless Suh went #1 overall. Why would you trade for Dorsey when you could just draft Suh?

If Suh is off the board, why trade Dorsey? Unless you can get a first round pick for him, but then we'd have to wait until 2011.

Secondly, I know he is a very good player, but he has done exactly NOTHING in the NFL. Defensive tackle is hardly known for having quick transitions to the pro level.

If suh is available, that means that at least one quarterback, eric berry, okung, and probably a pass rusher have been drafted. Our best bet would be to trade down, and someone would likely move up for him.

The only way we draft Suh is if we intend on moving back to a 4-3 defense, which would be fine, considering we don't have a plethora of good linebackers, and Vrabel is a free agent. of course, hiring Romeo Crennel pretty much negates that possibility entirely, so again, I have to say that there is a less than 1% chance Suh falls to us, and a less than 1% chance that we would actually draft him if that happened.

"The cadets logic is sound."

Good post. :D

matthewschiefs
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM

all good points. I think Dorsey is not going anywere and all this is just people spreading rumor.

pbatrucker
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
IMO the Rams will not draft Suh. Although they don't have super stars at DT, it is one of their stronger positions. The Rams will draftt a QB.
Detroit will draft Suh and the Bucs draft McCoy. Then the Browns draft Berry.
That leaves the Chiefs with a choice of okung or McClain. Okung is a mauler and might not be the right fit for our zone blocking scheme.
With Pioli's history in the draft and that Crennel likes having a LB run the defense, IMO the Chieffs pick McClain.

Arrowhead4lyphe
01-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree, we shouldn't get Suh. He's great in college, but so are alot of guys off the line. We can pick up a NT in the 2nd round and he'd still be double blocked if he was big enough. I think we should go after a OLB because our LB's are a bit on the old side and they could teach the younger guys. That's just me though.

yashi
01-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Don't forget that if Suh is the best college DT of the decade, Dorsey is certainly the 2nd best.. and he's not exactly adding wins to the record himself.

okikcfan
01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Whats funny is we all have our idea of what we need and what we want and who we will get but when draft day comes and the picks are being made we just scratch our heads and say wtf?

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Whats funny is we all have our idea of what we need and what we want and who we will get but when draft day comes and the picks are being made we just scratch our heads and say wtf?

Definitely been there done that! hahaha

What's really fun is being at Draft Day at Arrowhead, and the crowd boo's at the Chiefs drafts! I've not been to DD the last two yrs, but hopefully his year there will be all cheers, and the draftee's will live up to expectations!

pbatrucker
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Connie I was at draft day last year and when they cqalled TJ's name the crowd went silent and stayed that way as if we were all drained.

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Connie I was at draft day last year and when they cqalled TJ's name the crowd went silent and stayed that way as if we were all drained.

Most times I was there fan's cheered. There was one year, however...they drafted someone the fan's apparently didn't approve of...many booed. I can't remember who it was they drafted though, or the year.

I remember being excited and cheering when they drafted Bowe, cause I'd been wanting them to draft a hopefully talented WR for a while. That was 2006 I think, the last yr I've been since.

I was told they've changed DD alot in the last couple years...is that true?

Chiefster
01-28-2010, 10:28 PM

LOL! Yup! :lol:

MDChiefs!
01-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Okung is no better than Albert...Albert is learning to play LT with proper technique at a weight that allows him stay fast on his feet to keep up with the fastest pass rushers. Hailey made him lose all that weight so he could be our franchise LT and he really started to get it in the 2nd half of the season. Hes going to be a beast next season. Everyone makes it sound like drafting Okung and sliding down BA is an easy automatic fix and its guaranteed to work....Okung is going to go through the same rookie struggles that all non elite OTs go through. Just because he is the top rated OT in the draft doesnt make him elite. If he as elite as everyone here is making him out to be, there is no way he should make it to us with the teams picking ahead of us. Plus, there is no guarantee BA will work out at RG at the NFL level. (he played LG at VA). Too many uncertainties. Why not just draft Maurkice Pouncey with our 2nd and actually fill a position on the line that needs filling?

I am with you on this , we need to pick up a stud LT so Albert can go back to playing RG which is what he played in college.

DC_Chiefsfan
01-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Okung is no better than Albert...Albert is learning to play LT with proper technique at a weight that allows him stay fast on his feet to keep up with the fastest pass rushers. Hailey made him lose all that weight so he could be our franchise LT and he really started to get it in the 2nd half of the season. Hes going to be a beast next season. Everyone makes it sound like drafting Okung and sliding down BA is an easy automatic fix and its guaranteed to work....Okung is going to go through the same rookie struggles that all non elite OTs go through. Just because he is the top rated OT in the draft doesnt make him elite. If he as elite as everyone here is making him out to be, there is no way he should make it to us with the teams picking ahead of us. Plus, there is no guarantee BA will work out at RG at the NFL level. (he played LG at VA). Too many uncertainties. Why not just draft Maurkice Pouncey with our 2nd and actually fill a position on the line that needs filling?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sliding Albert to LG and drafting a LT puts our Oline BEHIND 1 more year as we would have 2 starters learning their position/system. Albert was damn near flawless near the end of the season (Ya, I said it. Watch the tape). As Haley would say, "He gets it". We need an OG/OC on the line. I'm on the Berry/McClain Train.

whatwasthat?
01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
if suh dropped to us we would have teams on their knees competing to trade up into our spot...i never see it as a possibility but it would be highly profitable for us to auction away the player in the draft that everyone wants

matthewschiefs
01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
if suh dropped to us we would have teams on their knees competing to trade up into our spot...i never see it as a possibility but it would be highly profitable for us to auction away the player in the draft that everyone wants

Never thought of that possiblty. We would probley have a lot of intrest in that pick. seeing that we do have dorsey it might be a good thing to aquire more picks. I dont think any draft pick is worth at least not thinking about getting more.

KristofLaw
02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Best player on the board is still Sam Bradford IMO. If he's there we don't take him though. :(

Coach
02-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I now agree that it's unlikely. TB would draft him if he slid past STL or DET. If he did slide, I would hope that KC would trade out of the pick instead of drafting a player that doesn't fit our scheme.