PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst game of the 2009 Season?

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Okay...for me the best game of the Chiefs 2009 season was the last one against the Donk's at Mile High. A previous committment kept me from watching the Steeler's game, so I can't compare those two.

The worst game for me was the game against the Browns. I was at Arrowhead for that game, and it was the most frustrating game I think I've ever witnessed...for many reasons, too many to mention!

What are your choices for best and worst?

stricken721
01-26-2010, 12:08 AM
To me the best game of the season was when we played the Steelers because everybody was picking against us and it was probably the best TEAM performance of the whole year.

The worst game was when we played San Diego back in October, I say that because I was there for that game and we got beat terribly and on top of that having to sit in the rain was no fun, the rain really fit the mood of the crowd I will say that. The other game I went to was the Browns game.. it was fun for the most part because of the constant scoring but a big disappointment in the end.

josh1971
01-26-2010, 12:11 AM
San Diego game in October was the worst, no doubt. Best was the Denver game at the end of the season.

jb

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 12:34 AM
To me the best game of the season was when we played the Steelers because everybody was picking against us and it was probably the best TEAM performance of the whole year.

The worst game was when we played San Diego back in October, I say that because I was there for that game and we got beat terribly and on top of that having to sit in the rain was no fun, the rain really fit the mood of the crowd I will say that. The other game I went to was the Browns game.. it was fun for the most part because of the constant scoring but a big disappointment in the end.

Where were you sitting at the Browns game? I wish I'd known that! We could've met!

The biggest reason, though only one of many, was because my friend from Germany and his two sons were with me attending their first ever regular season game, and with the stadium being so empty, then losing...it just all around was a horrible first game for them to attend at Arrowhead.

There were some frustrating bad calls against the Chiefs, and then there were a couple times there should've been calls against the Browns there weren't!!

There were lame Chiefs fans around me too, didn't even try to help our defense with noise. I realize with a half empty stadium it wouldn't have helped...but I'm a believer in that you do what you can as a fan to help your team, regardless. I find it hypocritical when a fan heckles & boo's the players for not doing their part, and yet the fan isn't doing their part either!

I didn't like the booing and heckling much, first game I've EVER attended that Chiefs fans booed & heckled our team so much! I understood it, but I just think it's counter productive and harms a team more than helps.

stricken721
01-26-2010, 12:42 AM
I was in the upper deck section 331. We had some hecklers in our section too, people cussing Cassel and Haley all game long, it got old there for a bit because the Chiefs just weren't scoring but then it became a shootout which made it exciting for me. The friend I brought along was attending his first NFL game ever so I felt a little bad for him but he said he had fun so that made it cool. Another thing that made it cool for me was getting all the free stuff they gave away at that game! :lol:

loyalchief91
01-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Best game: Steelers and the last game against the Broncos
Worst: Cleveland game

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I was at the Browns game too, but even though we lost, it was a close, hard fought game. For me the best game was the Broncos at the end of the season and keeping them out of the playoffs.

The worst game was also the Broncos at home and losing 44-13. I always watch every Chiefs game and I happened to be sitting at a Hooters. These guys (not Broncos fans though) were being *******s and kept being like, "dude can we change the channel so we can watch what we want" b/c they wanted to sit at the bar and I was watching the only TV by where they got seats at the bar. There did happen to be seats open everywhere in the rest of the restaurant. Anyways, it was embarrassing b/c they got destroyed and I had to stand my ground that I was going to watch the whole game.

honda522
01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Best Game: Denver, the last game of the year. If we were going to have an awful record and win no more than 3 or 4 games, I would pick us to be Denver.

Worst game: Either against the Chargers at or against Cleavland at home. Nothing went right in the Chargers game. Hell they didn't even play that well, we just didn't play that great.

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Shoot Ryfo you were at the Browns game too! Those of us from Chiefs Crowd should've gotten together and tailgated! I didn't realize other's would be there.

It was a good game as far as keeping one's interest from time to time, just frustrating overall. The heckling fans close to my seat were irritating at times, which didn't help my enjoying the game.

Stricken...what give aways did you get at the Browns game? All I got was a $10 vendor coupon, and a 2009 team poster.

chiefnut
01-26-2010, 11:24 AM
was no "best" game...the least worst was the steelers game...we played surpisingly well and beat a pretty good team
the "worst" worst game was the first raiders game....the raiders were patheticly inept and tried to hand us the game many times, but we were couldn't take it. to lose to that bad a raiders team at home was gut wrenching.

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 11:31 AM
was no "best" game...the least worst was the steelers game...we played surpisingly well and beat a pretty good team
the "worst" worst game was the first raiders game....the raiders were patheticly inept and tried to hand us the game many times, but we were couldn't take it. to lose to that bad a raiders team at home was gut wrenching.

Yeah, I was at that game too, and was totally dumbfounded we ended up losing! It was fun tailgating though with Chiefs Crowd members at that game, so that helped ease my pain...as well as beer! I didn't have any beer at the Browns game, likely should've, it might have eased the frustration some, haha.

stricken721
01-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Shoot Ryfo you were at the Browns game too! Those of us from Chiefs Crowd should've gotten together and tailgated! I didn't realize other's would be there.

It was a good game as far as keeping one's interest from time to time, just frustrating overall. The heckling fans close to my seat were irritating at times, which didn't help my enjoying the game.

Stricken...what give aways did you get at the Browns game? All I got was a $10 vendor coupon, and a 2009 team poster.

I got both of those and I also got a Cheerleaders poster, and a coupon for 10% off in any pro shop at Arrowhead.

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM

Yeah I usually try to make at least 1 game a year. I'll definitely be looking forward to a hopeful "ChiefsCrowd" game this year!

matthewschiefs
01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Best was the steelers/win a mile hight

worst denver at arrowhead.

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Ryfo...I know there is a Chiefs Crowd tailgating get together being planned for the game at Arrowhead against the 49ers in 2010...with many out of town members coming in from all over! Stricken, me, Canada, TornadoSpotter, Tammie, YZILLA, & others already on the list to attend as it is for now. You should keep that game in mind, come and join us for tailgating & good Chiefs times! :)

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
I got both of those and I also got a Cheerleaders poster, and a coupon for 10% off in any pro shop at Arrowhead.

I saw them handing out the Cheerleader posters, and wanted to get one for my grandson, he loves the Chiefs Cheerleaders! haha The guy passing them out ran out before I could get one. I didn't get a 10% off coupon for the Pro Shop, but likely wouldn't have used it...their stuff is too high priced for my budget, although they have some awesome stuff!

One reason I enjoy attending Draft Day at Arrowhead is they usually have a large Pro Shop sale area set up...the clearance prices are GREAT and affordable! :D

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Ryfo...I know there is a Chiefs Crowd tailgating get together being planned for the game at Arrowhead against the 49ers in 2010...with many out of town members coming in from all over! Stricken, me, Canada, TornadoSpotter, Tammie, YZILLA, & others already on the list to attend as it is for now. You should keep that game in mind, come and join us for tailgating & good Chiefs times! :)

I should be there, pending there isn't something else going on. Looking forward to it.

Sorry for not staying on the thread topic.

AussieChiefsFan
01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Best game in 2009 = Chiefs @ Broncos week 17

Chief Tyler
01-26-2010, 06:19 PM
For me,

Best was @ home against the Chargers.
Worst was @ home against the Chargers.

Was my first Chiefs game :(

Oh, the Donkeys game in week 17 was pretty stellar and the week 2 game against the Raiders was pretty disappointing.

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
:D
I should be there, pending there isn't something else going on. Looking forward to it.

Sorry for not staying on the thread topic.

Don't apologize!! It's all about the Chiefs, and of interest! I tried to think of a conversation topic not related to the draft, since I don't know 'that' much about the draft and didn't feel like I could intelligently participate in all the draft threads, hahaha.

I enjoy being able to talk most subjects Chiefs related, whether it goes off main subject or not...it's still Chiefs talk. :D

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
For me,

Best was @ home against the Chargers.
Worst was @ home against the Chargers.

Was my first Chiefs game :(

Oh, the Donkeys game in week 17 was pretty stellar and the week 2 game against the Raiders was pretty disappointing.

The first game I ever attended at Arrowhead years ago was against the Donkey's, and we lost then too. It is a let down when you're at the game and lose, but overall the first experience at Arrowhead is awesome! I was blessed my first was during an era Arrowhead was still selling out...the crowd noise blew me away...had no idea it could be so loud by comparison to what is heard on TV, haha.

Canada
01-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Best @ Denver
Worst vs Denver - I wanted that win for DT's retirement!!

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Best @ Denver

Me too! The only reason I didn't list the game against Denver as being my choice for worst, was cause of all you guys being there and tailgating! It made up for the loss, and we created some great memories!

Hey...you remember the guy from Utah at the hotel room gathering after the game, who was a huge Morten Anderson fan? Well, I sent him the football I promised I would, sometime before Christmas.

He sent me back two one lb packages of Beef Jerkey made in his hometown...as a surprise gesture of thanks. I normally am not a fan of Beef Jerkey, but I had the munchies the day it came in the mail...and that was the BEST jerkey I've EVER had! I ended up eating an entire 1lb bag in one day!! Oh did I have a belly ache too, hahahaha.

Just more memories relating to that game day making it special! :D

Chiefster
01-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Best @ Denver

...This!

Three7s
01-27-2010, 02:40 AM
This couldn't get any more obvious.

Best @ Denver

Worst is both Charger games.

MDChiefs!
01-28-2010, 09:49 PM
worst - losing to Dallas at home
best - at denver :)

tornadospotter
01-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Worst, opening game of the season, second, opening home game of the season!
You just knew it was going to be another heartbreaking season.

Best game, putting a dying horse out of there miserable misguided hopes of play offs and ending there season!
:bash:

matthewschiefs
01-29-2010, 11:48 AM
worst - losing to Dallas at home
best - at denver :)

That was one of the few losses that I was not to upset about. Maybe becuse we were winless at the time and should have won that game if ANYONE could have tackled Miles Austin. This was one of the rare losses that the Chiefs were decent in.

70 chiefsfan70
01-30-2010, 08:30 PM
worst loss the Browns

best win The donkeys in their own field. AAAWWWWW that was sweet! I believe we'll see more just like that in 2010

6xchamps
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM

i want in!

Connie Jo
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
i want in!

Cool! Canada is the organizer for the event...I think we're up to a possible 20 or more. Send Canada a message and he'll fill ya in with what plans have been made to date, and put you on the list. We have a Facebook Group related to organizing it as well, which Canada can also fill you in on. :)

Canada
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM
i want in!Anyone know this guy? Seems pretty shady to me. 6x Chumps sounds like a Steelers fan!! Oh wait...we beat them this year so you can come!! :D

6xchamps
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
you know i wouldn't have gone and collected my punch in the face!

buffman316
02-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Okay...for me the best game of the Chiefs 2009 season was the last one against the Donk's at Mile High. A previous committment kept me from watching the Steeler's game, so I can't compare those two.

The worst game for me was the game against the Browns. I was at Arrowhead for that game, and it was the most frustrating game I think I've ever witnessed...for many reasons, too many to mention!

What are your choices for best and worst?

The win is easy, the last game of the season against the donkeys. The loss is tough, Okland at home? The Cowboys at home or the Browns at home? Those were all terrible pats of the season for sure.

6xchamps
02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
i didn't watch enough chiefs games last year, but i've gotta guess that the win of the year would be the season finale. initially, i would have gone for the steelers game, but anytime you keep your rival out of the postseason, that's gotta take the cake. granted, it's coming from a biased point of view, but still

Canada
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
i didn't watch enough chiefs games last year, but i've gotta guess that the win of the year would be the season finale. initially, i would have gone for the steelers game, but anytime you keep your rival out of the postseason, that's gotta take the cake. granted, it's coming from a biased point of view, but still

I was less excited about the win over the Steelers after the raitards and the redskins (i think) beat them. We just caught them at a good time. Knocking the donx out made me glad I called in sick to work that day.

6xchamps
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
man i still have the sticker i got from Sports Nuts gameday of the home opener 2 years ago. broncos logo with one of those ghostbusters style no signs on it. love that damn thing. hell, my boy who is a rabid mules fan had an extra ticket to the redskins game...it was great being there to see his heart break. in person.

steelers game was a good win though, you beat our asses and i wasn't hugely surprised. it's never easy in arrowhead

Canada
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
man i still have the sticker i got from Sports Nuts gameday of the home opener 2 years ago. broncos logo with one of those ghostbusters style no signs on it. love that damn thing. hell, my boy who is a rabid mules fan had an extra ticket to the redskins game...it was great being there to see his heart break. in person.

steelers game was a good win though, you beat our asses and i wasn't hugely surprised. it's never easy in arrowheadI know I liked you for a reason!! :canbeer:

Connie Jo
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
The win is easy, the last game of the season against the donkeys. The loss is tough, Okland at home? The Cowboys at home or the Browns at home? Those were all terrible pats of the season for sure.

I ruled out the Raiders home opener loss because even though we lost, I had a great time that day all around tailgating and such. The beer lessoned the pain too, hahaha. I didn't have any beer at the Browns game. Stat wise, we should've beaten the Raiders, I was shocked when we lost, all considered. :(

matthewschiefs
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM

I dont think that any of those are the tough parts. The games listed the Chiefs aside from the Oakland game resembled an NFL team. The tought parts were the Chargers home and away at home against denver when the Chiefs just did not show up to play.

tornadospotter
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
i want in!
Okay, who let the steeler fan in the know? Fine come, but you buy the :canbeer::D

You are more than welcome to join us!

6xchamps
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Okay, who let the steeler fan in the know? Fine come, but you buy the :canbeer::D

You are more than welcome to join us!

i have absolutely no problem with that...hell, from last year i already owe you guys 1 or 2.
dozen

:canbeer::drunkhb::drunkhb::beer:

halfast
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
The best game for me this year was by far the last one against the Donks! I live in the Denver area and was at a bar for the game, it was great to see all the donkey fans cry the whole game! For me the worst was probably either the game against the browns, or the way we got man handled by the Chargers both times!