PDA

View Full Version : Favre pick

Vandelay
01-26-2010, 01:26 AM
This is just an awesome call.
YouTube- Radio Call of Favre Interception against Saints 1/24/10

Chiefster
01-26-2010, 01:48 AM
I think Favre's done. I saw a beaten man in his post game interview; I'd never seen him look quite like that before.

AussieChiefsFan
01-26-2010, 02:11 AM
I think Favre's done. I saw a beaten man in his post game interview; I'd never seen him look quite like that before.

Niether have I.

Canada
01-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I think Favre's done. I saw a beaten man in his post game interview; I'd never seen him look quite like that before.I could care less what Favre says he's doing until August. Then I will look to see if he retired!!

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Love the call. He's gotta come back. He can't go down with it being known that his last pass for any team he ever played for was a pick!

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 11:09 AM

I agree...I had tears in my eyes feeling for him. His face on the sidelines during OT at some point showed expression of which I've never seen with him before, very uspet and angry...no doubt at himself for earlier mistakes, and upset about his earlier injury.

honda522
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
I said once to my friend, Brad Childress isn't the answer, he is the problem.

All he had to call was a run play dive forward for a few yards a kick a field goal. Longwell is an awesome kicker. I'd be so pissed if I were a Vike fan because just of the coaching. Not including the poor reffing.

matthewschiefs
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I think that this is finaly the year he hangs it up and does not make anther comeback. I hope it is at least or he just says soon hes comeing back. But i think hes done.

Canada
01-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I said once to my friend, Brad Childress isn't the answer, he is the problem.

All he had to call was a run play dive forward for a few yards a kick a field goal. Longwell is an awesome kicker. I'd be so pissed if I were a Vike fan because just of the coaching. Not including the poor reffing.It was a 56 yard FG. Longwell ist that good, Favre was trying to make a play outta nothing. He completes it and he's a hero. Too many monday morning QBs around if u ask me.

AussieChiefsFan
01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Love the call. He's gotta come back. He can't go down with it being known that his last pass for any team he ever played for was a pick!

Yeah and the first pass of his career was also a pick (for a TD) so if my first and last passes of my career were both picks i wouldn't feel that good!

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
It was a 56 yard FG. Longwell ist that good, Favre was trying to make a play outta nothing. He completes it and he's a hero. Too many monday morning QBs around if u ask me.

Factor in a high humidity, heavy Gulf Air...it becomes longer than 56.

honda522
01-26-2010, 07:51 PM
It was a 56 yard FG. Longwell ist that good, Favre was trying to make a play outta nothing. He completes it and he's a hero. Too many monday morning QBs around if u ask me.
I am not blaming Favre. I am blaming the coach. Run it up the gut, their in a dome. His long if 54 and I'll be then never tried further than that in a game.

Actually if you wanna blame favre, he shouldn't called that time out.

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I am not blaming Favre. I am blaming the coach. Run it up the gut, their in a dome. His long if 54 and I'll be then never tried further than that in a game.

DUH...I forgot they're in a dome down there! LOL
Guess the humidity factor would've been zilch in that case! This is what happens when I'm not getting enough sleep...brain malfunction! hahaha

matthewschiefs
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
DUH...I forgot they're in a dome down there! LOL
Guess the humidity factor would've been zilch in that case! This is what happens when I'm not getting enough sleep...brain malfunction! hahaha

Your lucky some of us have brains that just malfunction all the time no matter how much sleep we get. :D :pointlaugh:

Connie Jo
01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh, I have days like that too Matthew! Brain malfunction with no excuse or reason! I think the condition may be related to 'age', hahahaha. :)

Chiefster
01-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I could care less what Favre says he's doing until August. Then I will look to see if he retired!!

HA! Good point.

I agree...I had tears in my eyes feeling for him. His face on the sidelines during OT at some point showed expression of which I've never seen with him before, very uspet and angry...no doubt at himself for earlier mistakes, and upset about his earlier injury.

More then likely. I think he's another great player who has hung on too long; he may well have finally realized it. Football is a young man's game.

Canada
01-26-2010, 09:52 PM

He called the TO trying to avoid the 12 man in the huddle penalty!!

honda522
01-26-2010, 10:34 PM
He called the TO trying to avoid the 12 man in the huddle penalty!!
Oh, I thought it was for calling a TO after a TO.

I thought you couldn't do that.

Canada
01-27-2010, 06:53 AM
...and I forgot about the play when Favre ended up getting helped off the field after being hit in the knees? That is the "Tom Brady" rule, cant hit a QB and the knees. If thats Tom Terrific or Princess Payton, that is 15 yards and a 1st down. How come not for the Vikings?

honda522
01-27-2010, 09:10 AM
...and I forgot about the play when Favre ended up getting helped off the field after being hit in the knees? That is the "Tom Brady" rule, cant hit a QB and the knees. If thats Tom Terrific or Princess Payton, that is 15 yards and a 1st down. How come not for the Vikings?
I am not disputing that.

Canada
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I am not disputing that.
I know, im just ranting now. :D

Coach
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I felt bad for Favre. What a crappy way to end your career. I'm sure there lots of Packers fans laughing tho.

Connie Jo
01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
I felt bad for Favre. What a crappy way to end your career. I'm sure there lots of Packers fans laughing tho.

I felt really bad for him too. :(

I may be called judgemental, but if there are Packer fan's laughing at what happened last Sunday night...they're not true fans in my opinion. Brett gave the Packer's and fan's the best years of his career, and to the community, still does...he deserves respect as such, regardless.

I know there were many stories circulating among the media, and their putting spin on it, twisting facts, as well as propaganda put out from the Packer's organization to make their side appear more favorable...related to Brett's retirement, etc.. However, when the dust all settled...it was my understanding that the Packer's more or less pushed Brett into retiring and announcing such before he was ready...convincing him it was in his best interest overall to retire.

They wanted to start a younger QB, begin priming him for future years, believed Brett was their past. No problem, but say so publicly, rather than handle it the way they did, which made Brett the fall guy, appear foolish and at fault. Brett wasn't ready, believed he still had the endurance to win games. I know his wife has stated that they're under an honorable code of silence, so to speak...as to what really went down between Brett & the Packer's at the time.

Anyway...I've not as of yet, but if I ever cross path's with a so called Packer fan bad mouthing Brett...I'll respectively remind them of the sacrifices Brett and his family have made for the Packers and the community. Sacrfices of which no doubt will continue throughout Brett's lifetime. I certainly feel no obligation or honor towards any NFL/Packer code of silence, hahaha. :D

Ryfo18
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I felt really bad for him too. :(

I may be called judgemental, but if there are Packer fan's laughing at what happened last Sunday night...they're not true fans in my opinion. Brett gave the Packer's and fan's the best years of his career, and to the community, still does...he deserves respect as such, regardless.

I know there were many stories circulating among the media, and their putting spin on it, twisting facts, as well as propaganda put out from the Packer's organization to make their side appear more favorable...related to Brett's retirement, etc.. However, when the dust all settled...it was my understanding that the Packer's more or less pushed Brett into retiring and announcing such before he was ready...convincing him it was in his best interest overall to retire.

They wanted to start a younger QB, begin priming him for future years, believed Brett was their past. No problem, but say so publicly, rather than handle it the way they did, which made Brett the fall guy, appear foolish and at fault. Brett wasn't ready, believed he still had the endurance to win games. I know his wife has stated that they're under an honorable code of silence, so to speak...as to what really went down between Brett & the Packer's at the time.

Anyway...I've not as of yet, but if I ever cross path's with a so called Packer fan bad mouthing Brett...I'll respectively remind them of the sacrifices Brett and his family have made for the Packers and the community. Sacrfices of which no doubt will continue throughout Brett's lifetime. I certainly feel no obligation or honor towards any NFL/Packer code of silence, hahaha. :D

I had no sympathy for him at all. The guy is an egotistical drama queen. I've never liked him as a QB, but I also have a certain amount of hate for most Packers (only because I have to hear about them all the time). Hell, one time when Favre was still in Green Bay, they had a press conference because he got a new haircut. I mean c'mon, the guy craves attentions. Did you see when Childress tried to take him out of a game at the end of the season and Favre completely disobeyed him. On one hand, Childress needs to grow a pair and force him to sit out. On the other hand though, what player completely disobeys their coach?

Most other QBs in the league would have never made that throw. In his mind though he can do anything and it bit him in the ***. No sympathy coming from me though.

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Sometimes it's not the celebrity craving the attention as much as it is the media giving all the attention. The haircut for example...that sounds like something the media would put spin on, but who knows. I've no doubt Brett has an ego, everyone does to some extent, and when one's accomplished as much as he has, it's bound to go to one's head from time to time under certain circumstances.

I saw Montana go against Schotty once, and also saw Marcus Allen and Schotty get into it verbally during one game on camera! It happens.

I simply have acquired much respect for Brett as a QB and person over the years, and am defensive of him as such. He's done alot for alot of people, not just through charity...much of it has went un-noticed over the years.

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Damn! Now I'm trying to remember what game that was, that Schotty & Marcus got into a verbal conflict on camera. I remember it was a 4th & short situation, and Marcus wanted to go for it, Schotty didn't of course, he rarely took risks like that. I had never seen Marcus get so upset/mad as he was that day on the sidelines. He was typically cool and calm, regardless.

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Speaking of Brett's haircut conference...I remember he and his wife did a commericial for a major corporation, and part of the commercial had him getting a new haircut. In the commercial they had him and his wife out & about shopping and doing errands in Green Bay, maybe that's what you're referring to Ryfo? Maybe the press conference was related to his doing that major commercial, it being filmed in Green Bay...moreso than his getting a haircut?

honda522
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
You wanna know why they Vikings really lost?

Cause Favre shaved of his beard of strength for this game.

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 01:06 PM
You wanna know why they Vikings really lost?

Cause Favre shaved of his beard of strength for this game.

:lol:

That and the fumbles, bad calls, etc....it wasn't meant to be. As the re-written Gospel/Jazz lyrics go:

"When the Saints March In for Crowning, When All the Saints Come Marching In and When the Saints Go Marching Home."

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 01:15 PM

This is why I re-read threads, cause sometimes I miss some really good stuff the first time!

:lol: "Tom Terrific or Princess Payton"...ain't it the truth!!!

I could tell by Brett's face that he was hurting BAD after that hit to the knees! He limped the rest of the game, though by the end of the game it was less noticeable, still limping. Not making excuses for his share of the Vike's mistakes...but if one's ever been in pain they can relate, which most of us no doubt have been...it's hard to stay focused when in pain, even for a professional athlete!

Ryfo18
01-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Speaking of Brett's haircut conference...I remember he and his wife did a commericial for a major corporation, and part of the commercial had him getting a new haircut. In the commercial they had him and his wife out & about shopping and doing errands in Green Bay, maybe that's what you're referring to Ryfo? Maybe the press conference was related to his doing that major commercial, it being filmed in Green Bay...moreso than his getting a haircut?

I'm not sure really...it was years ago.

I think most of my dislike for him is just having to hear Packers fans rave over him when he was with the Packers. It gets a little annoying. Honestly, after he went to the Vikings I started to like him a little bit (but not much haha).

Connie Jo
01-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure really...it was years ago.

I think most of my dislike for him is just having to hear Packers fans rave over him when he was with the Packers. It gets a little annoying. Honestly, after he went to the Vikings I started to like him a little bit (but not much haha).

Oh, I totally understand! I dislike Peyton Manning for the same reasons! Sick of hearing about him! He's been the media's Golden Boy since he entered the NFL, even prior to his being worthy...which I still debate his worthiness of being crowned the best in NFL history...as many dub him.

Trent Green went un-recognized during his peak because of media focus on Manning, whose stat's at the time placed him under Green. My dislike for Peyton intensified as a result. The controversy over the Colt's letting Edgerrin James go, mostly due to contract negotiations with a huge salary increase going to Peyton...made me dislike Peyton more. James contributed greatly to Peyton's success, as did Marvin Harrison.

At least the Colt's were good enough to give James a Super Bowl ring after letting him go prior to the 2006 season & their resulting SB win. That tells me they knew they did him wrong, giving him a SB ring when he wasn't even on the team that next year.

I read an article the other day by a journalist who stated Peyton was the greatest NFL player in history at "any position". I was like WTH? Any position? That's just taking it way over the top for me, hahaha.

HA! I dislike Peyton enough I can really get to rambling on as to why, hahaha.

Chiefster
01-28-2010, 11:37 PM

I've felt for a long time that the league outta just put skirts on those two and they can help earn their wage by doubling as cheer leaders during television time outs.

Connie Jo
01-29-2010, 03:37 AM
I've felt for a long time that the league outta just put skirts on those two and they can help earn their wage by doubling as cheer leaders during television time outs.

:lol:

Chiefster
01-29-2010, 11:09 AM

Well I found this one. Don't know if it's what you're thinking of though.

YouTube- Brett Favre Mastercard Priceless

matthewschiefs
01-29-2010, 11:41 AM

I think they should just go ahead and let Brady and peyton were the red shirts that say you cant be touched. Its what the NFL wants so why not just be honest and do it.

and why we are at it why not just put the pats and colts in the superbowl every year.

Canada
01-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I think they should just go ahead and let Brady and peyton were the red shirts that say you cant be touched. Its what the NFL wants so why not just be honest and do it.

and why we are at it why not just put the pats and colts in the superbowl every year.

They have been trying but they areboth AFC teams so they have to rotate now.

Connie Jo
01-29-2010, 07:34 PM
That is the one I was thinking about Chiefster!! Thanks! I remembered something about a haircut, lol. I have a girlfriend who lives near Green Bay, and I remember she was talking about it at the time, what a big deal it was that Brett was doing a major commercial, and it was possibly going to be filmed in Green Bay. It was big news for them anyway, haha. :)

Connie Jo
01-29-2010, 07:57 PM

I speculatively think the NFL is trying, eithically or not...to indiscreetly influence a Colt's vs Giants Super Bowl. They have to take their time, can't be obvious about it. Colts & Giants having been to and won recent Super Bowls...it would appear natural now without question, that the two are good enough teams to end up in a Super Bowl together.

My speculation of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl in the future, began the year Eli was drafted, and controversy began over him being drafted by the Chargers. Neither the NFL nor the Mannings wanted him to go to the AFC. The Manning family spoke publicly as a unity...saying under no circumstances would Eli play for San Diego or the AFC. SD was forced to trade him.

What other legitimate reasons were there?...other than if Eli went to the AFC, there would be no possibility of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl. I can't even begin to imagine the millions, or billions...the NFL and Mannings would profit from such a historic Super Bowl...brother vs brother. The endorsements alone would be astronomical...and the NFL collects a percent of all team and player profits.

Chiefster
01-29-2010, 11:30 PM
That is the one I was thinking about Chiefster!! Thanks! I remembered something about a haircut, lol. I have a girlfriend who lives near Green Bay, and I remember she was talking about it at the time, what a big deal it was that Brett was doing a major commercial, and it was possibly going to be filmed in Green Bay. It was big news for them anyway, haha. :)

Glad I could be of assistance. :D

matthewschiefs
01-30-2010, 12:44 AM
I speculatively think the NFL is trying, eithically or not...to indiscreetly influence a Colt's vs Giants Super Bowl. They have to take their time, can't be obvious about it. Colts & Giants having been to and won recent Super Bowls...it would appear natural now without question, that the two are good enough teams to end up in a Super Bowl together.

My speculation of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl in the future, began the year Eli was drafted, and controversy began over him being drafted by the Chargers. Neither the NFL nor the Mannings wanted him to go to the AFC. The Manning family spoke publicly as a unity...saying under no circumstances would Eli play for San Diego or the AFC. SD was forced to trade him.

What other legitimate reasons were there?...other than if Eli went to the AFC, there would be no possibility of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl. I can't even begin to imagine the millions, or billions...the NFL and Mannings would profit from such a historic Super Bowl...brother vs brother. The endorsements alone would be astronomical...and the NFL collects a percent of all team and player profits.

would not surprise me at all. rstings seem to mean sports leagues throw the rules out the window and do there best to get the matchup that they want in there championship game/series. At least pro wrestling will admit that there outcomes are fixed.

tornadospotter
01-30-2010, 04:50 PM
This is what happened to Favre in that game!:beat_DeadHorse: He looked totally beaten down at the end.

KristofLaw
02-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah and the first pass of his career was also a pick (for a TD) so if my first and last passes of my career were both picks i wouldn't feel that good!

His last pass as a Packer I might add.

As a fan also of the Packers I can somewhat understand the anger and disgust with which he ended his career. Sure he did much for the community and the Packers in general but disclosing you did not choose where to play and then desperately trying to go to an arch-rival, well I'm sure some would appreciate many Packer fans feelings. We do not hate him though, it's much like a brother saying he never truly wanted to be a part of the family in spite of all the good memories.

He is missed by myself and most though... and yes I'm a Chiefs fan first and foremost.

KristofLaw
02-07-2010, 01:02 AM

No doubt. I had similar thoughts and they definitely seem to be coming to NFL dream fruition. Conspiracy eh...

AussieChiefsFan
02-07-2010, 01:03 AM
His last pass as a Packer I might add.

OUCH