PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld Mock Draft

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a big fan of Rotoworld.com and Evan Silva, who did this mock draft. I think this is definitely a little suspect though. It has us taking Dez Bryant with the #5 pick. He's drawing comparisons to Andre Johnson, whom I happen to love. What does everyone think? I apologize b/c I know there was another thread talking about taking a WR high, but this one is specifically for Dez Bryant.

First Mock Draft of the Year (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=60&articleid=34629)

honda522
01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I guarentee we don't pick a WR or DL this year.

I think those two are the least concerned for now. I don't know what this guy is thinking. Maybe in a later round, but there is always Jordan Shipley for our third round pick.

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I guarentee we don't pick a WR or DL this year.

I think those two are the least concerned for now. I don't know what this guy is thinking. Maybe in a later round, but there is always Jordan Shipley for our third round pick.

I don't think it's our least worry...we led the league in drops last year.

pbatrucker
01-26-2010, 10:01 AM
To many WR's in rds 2 thru 5 that meet our needs.

yashi
01-26-2010, 10:46 AM
I really would put WR1 and WR2 as one of our absolute lowest priority needs right now. A slot receiver? Maybe, but probably in round 3 or 4.

Pioli showed last year that it's all about positional value with top 5 picks for him, and WR isn't a valued position like QB, LT, DE, DT, Rush OLB, etc. A betting man would be wise to believe we're going to go one of those positions (obviously not QB, probably not DE).

I think we end up with Russell Okung come draft day. Can't really argue with it... it's the safest pick in the draft, honestly.

chiefnut
01-26-2010, 11:17 AM
we will take a WR and a DL..hopefully a NT this year although the WR will probably be in rounds 3-7. we need massive help in run D and still can use an OL upgrade. Berry would be an asset if he falls but more likely we get Okung, which is OK. if Jarred Odrick falls into round 2, might be a good pick up...a little light for a DE in a 3-4 but has the frame to put on more weight but he's got great quickness and a non stop motor.

honda522
01-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think it's our least worry...we led the league in drops last year.
I think it is cause how many of those drops were because the ball wasn't thrown that accurately? Qb was always being flushed and pressure. First things first, Protect the QB. We still have Charles to rely on the run and Chambers should be back.

yashi
01-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I think it is cause how many of those drops were because the ball wasn't thrown that accurately? Qb was always being flushed and pressure. First things first, Protect the QB. We still have Charles to rely on the run and Chambers should be back.

Yup. There's a lot that goes into completing a pass. Timing is the most important of all, and when your timing gets screwed up because of a lack of protection, then it makes it difficult for the QB and WR to be on the same page. The end result is Matt Cassel flinging the ball at a receiver still trying to execute his route.

This wasn't always the case, but it happened enough, with many different receivers.

Ryfo18
01-26-2010, 12:54 PM

I agree there is a lot more to it. I just recall seeing a lot of times though where the ball is in the guys hands and he just doesn't come down with the ball.

Nevertheless, I'm not necessarily for taking a WR in the first round. I agree we have a lot of needs and would love to see the Chiefs go after Barry or Okung as well. When I see a guy drawing comparisons to Andre Johnson though it makes me think twice about perhaps taking a WR at #5. Here's a look at sacks given up and passes dropped in 2009.

Sacks Given up (sk) and Passes Dropped (dp):

Chiefs - 45sk, 48dp
Bills - 46sk, 20dp
Redskins - 46sk, 22dp
Raiders - 49sk, 36dp
Steelers - 50sk, 27dp
Packers - 51sk, 36dp

There's definitely some correlation, but I think there is still a fundamental "drop" problem within the team. Out of all the teams that gave up more sacks than us, the closest in drops still had 25% less.

honda522
01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
I agree there is a lot more to it. I just recall seeing a lot of times though where the ball is in the guys hands and he just doesn't come down with the ball.

Nevertheless, I'm not necessarily for taking a WR in the first round. I agree we have a lot of needs and would love to see the Chiefs go after Barry or Okung as well. When I see a guy drawing comparisons to Andre Johnson though it makes me think twice about perhaps taking a WR at #5. Here's a look at sacks given up and passes dropped in 2009.

Sacks Given up (sk) and Passes Dropped (dp):

Chiefs - 45sk, 48dp
Bills - 46sk, 20dp
Redskins - 46sk, 22dp
Raiders - 49sk, 36dp
Steelers - 50sk, 27dp
Packers - 51sk, 36dp

There's definitely some correlation, but I think there is still a fundamental "drop" problem within the team. Out of all the teams that gave up more sacks than us, the closest in drops still had 25% less.
I just think this guy with his mock draft is crazy!

Possible later round picks:

Danario Alexander - MU
Jordan Shipley - Texas

I can't think of anyone else right now, I have to go to work...I'll figure it out later.

yashi
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I just think this guy with his mock draft is crazy!

Possible later round picks:

Danario Alexander - MU
Jordan Shipley - Texas

I can't think of anyone else right now, I have to go to work...I'll figure it out later.

Mardy Gilyard is another one I'm loving as a slot guy.

whatwasthat?
01-26-2010, 02:19 PM
what do you guys think about damian williams from usc in the 2nd round? would be a good receiver to move the chains and would fix our need for a decent PR

Coach
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I knew this guy hadn't watched the Chiefs play this year as soon as I read this:

Bryant would be the final piece to the puzzle.

DC_Chiefsfan
01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
If this guy shows up in the combine to be a serious, ELITE talent. I could see us drafting him. Besides Charles, there are NO game changing playmakers on offense. And that includes Bowe and Chambers. And like we've all said, a slot receiver can easily be picked up in rounds 3-6. Imagine if we had a receiver like Brandon Marshall (without the attitude)?! I'm not saying "draft him", I'm a McClain guy for now. But I wouldn't be upset if we did draft him.

wichitaj
01-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Rookie WR's have no impact on a team for at least the first year. We will draft an O lineman in the first round and maybe Golden Tate in round 2.

wichitaj
01-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Rookie WR's have no impact on a team for at least the first year. We will draft an O lineman in the first round and maybe Golden Tate in round 2.

and don't forget we have two picks in round 2

AussieChiefsFan
01-27-2010, 02:08 AM
and don't forget we have two picks in round 2

Yeah, i hope the extra pick doesn't go to waste.

pbatrucker
01-27-2010, 07:04 AM
This is a bad draft for elite WR's. Tate will be drafted in the 1st rd.

70 chiefsfan70
01-27-2010, 07:52 AM
This is a bad draft for elite WR's. Tate will be drafted in the 1st rd.

I don't agree, I think this is the best group of WR's I've seen in years.

I would love to see Defense in the 5 spot, Berry first McClain second choice, however Okung wouldn't be bad.

I just want to say YES when our Defense gets on the field, instead of OOH S___T!!!!!

Berry would have an imediate impact,and is capible of shoring up his side of the field for 12 or more years.

matthewschiefs
01-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Tate would be good seeing that he worked with Charlie weis at noter dame. But if we cant snatch him I think we should draft freddy barns in the latter rounds. The guy has good hands and is good catching the football. That would be a nice improvement from what we saw last season.

buffman316
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't see us taking the wide reciever over the OLB or Okung. This is a WR deep draft and we pick high in the second round. We could get a really good one there

Coach
01-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Rookie WR's have no impact on a team for at least the first year.

Other than DBowe.

I don't see us taking the wide reciever over the OLB or Okung. This is a WR deep draft and we pick high in the second round. We could get a really good one there

I think there will be a lot of really good WR options available in the 2nd round. I think a lot of it will be based on BPA at a position of need. Then the subsequent picks will work in a similar fashion.

DC_Chiefsfan
01-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I see us drafting defense with our number 5 pick, but I still say I wouldn't be disappointed if we had Dez Bryant on our team. He's mmmbad.

KottkeKU
01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Dez Bryant is good, and he should be a valuable asset to someone's offense... but his character and attitude are not even in the same stratosphere as Andre Johnson's.... he won't be worth a top 10 pick in my opinion.

I would like to see Berry fall to us, but i think we will go OL first, OLB/DE in the second, WR third in the first three rounds. I dont think McClain goes before the 8th pick....

lucky_lefty
01-28-2010, 12:31 AM
what do you guys think about damian williams from usc in the 2nd round? would be a good receiver to move the chains and would fix our need for a decent PR

BINGO!!!!!!!! I stated in one of the other draft threads on here. He's been compared to Steve Smith (NYG) albeit quicker, shiftier but the scouts are in love with this guys route running. Most are saying he's the most complete WR in this draft. Plus he's also a asset in the return game

matthewschiefs
01-28-2010, 02:30 PM
BINGO!!!!!!!! I stated in one of the other draft threads on here. He's been compared to Steve Smith (NYG) albeit quicker, shiftier but the scouts are in love with this guys route running. Most are saying he's the most complete WR in this draft. Plus he's also a asset in the return game

As long as he can catch the ball i am all for it. Thats the biggest need in the reciver spot right now we need guys that can catch the football. Outside of Chambers and bowe most the time the guys we have now drop far to many. If he can catch the ball i am all for picking him up.

Coach
01-31-2010, 11:29 PM
I'd be surprised if the Chiefs took a WR before the 3rd round. But I think Golden Tate is the wildcard. If he is hanging around in the 2nd round, he could be a Chief.

honda522
01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
HA!

Know about Percy Harvin?

matthewschiefs
01-31-2010, 11:51 PM
I'd be surprised if the Chiefs took a WR before the 3rd round. But I think Golden Tate is the wildcard. If he is hanging around in the 2nd round, he could be a Chief.

If and thats a big If tate is there in the 2nd round when it comes time for the Chiefs to pick I think that its a sure bet that they take him. You would have a rookie reciver that would at least no the OC on the staff. That would defently help with his devolpement. Charlie would no how to use him best and that would also be a very good thing. Outside of that I dont see anther reciver that would be worth a pick that high. We have bigger needs. Pass rush and O line.

javarick
02-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Drugs are bad. No way Bryant goes that high. I would give away my KC stuff if we did this.