PDA

View Full Version : For the record...

texaschief
09-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the bye week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the bye week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

For the record: you will find little argument here regarding CP. As far as the your thread goes, we wont delete it but we'll leave it up to you to keep track of it and bring it back up at the middle of the season. :D

texaschief
09-09-2007, 01:13 AM
i'll bring it back during our bye week...regardless of our record... that's a promise...hopefully i'll have a mouth full of feathers. (doubtful)

stlchief
09-09-2007, 02:09 AM
oh yeah of little faith. You watch the national media too much. If you bring it out, I will harass the crap out of you when we are 6-4, maybe 7-3....

sling58
09-09-2007, 07:18 AM

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!

Dang, how do you say pessimistic is Honkey Tonk? As a true fan of the KC CHIEFS. I know that we will do better than everyone expects us to do. I do not listen to the yuppy analysts about my team anyway. I am tired of everyone saying the Chiefs suck on my Chiefs fan site. I will not root for anyone to beat the Chiefs to get a better draft pick next year, I would rather be cut off from beer and date an ugly woman before I EVER root against my team.

i agree fire CP. He needs to go. HE is a idiot and runs the team like he just wants a paycheck and a plush office.

As for the other 3 crap teams in the AFC, yes the Mules in Colorado did get 2 back to back an a third appearance years ago but they also had John Elway and I think the football Gods finally decided the only way to make him retire was to give him the rings. The Faders, they did it with our QB but lost so who gives a S*** about an appearance. The team from the Whales Vagina (name the movie) was there in what 90 something, who cares and if they get there this year it's because we gave them OUR coach!!!!

I do hope you eat crow this year. I'll send you some BBQ sauce. Now shut it about us playing for a draft pick, if you want to root for someone to lose, root for the team we are playing!!

rbedgood
09-09-2007, 11:52 AM
oh yeah of little faith. You watch the national media too much. If you bring it out, I will harass the crap out of you when we are 6-4, maybe 7-3....

I guarantee that won't be the bye week record...6-4 or 7-3 is 10 games...umm isn't the bye week 8?? :D

sling58
09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I guarantee that won't be the bye week record...6-4 or 7-3 is 10 games...umm isn't the bye week 8?? :D

I think so but I will take 7-3 by the 10th week at worse. I think it can be done.

rbedgood
09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I think you're right...just had to give you a bad time about the math since the discussion was supposed to be brought back up during the bye week...

chief31
09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I think so but I will take 7-3 by the 10th week at worse. I think it can be done.

By the tenth week, we will have played only nine games. Including the game, on the tenth week. :lol:

sling58
09-09-2007, 11:58 AM
By the tenth week, we will have played only nine games. Including the game, on the tenth week. :lol:

My bad, how about the 10th game we play. Thanks for calling me out there friend.

:lol: :lol:
ps that was my 1000th post.

m0ef0e
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!

:sign0153: Ummm.... NO! (This is officially the worst idea I have ever heard.) :sign0104:

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
i'll bring it back during our bye week...regardless of our record... that's a promise...hopefully i'll have a mouth full of feathers. (doubtful)

Well there will be no serving of crow today.

texaschief
09-10-2007, 02:17 AM

yes...i've got little to no faith. I choose not to be led by the blind...i lost my faith in Peterson years ago.

i don't think the talking heads know what they're talking about...hell, most of them picked K.C. to win today against Houston. But if they're saying the Chiefs are awful this year, they're not as dumb as i thought. I just look at this team and know they aren't a competitive NFL team, and anyone who knows anything about football would know that too. It's not a coincidence that the Chiefs are 0-5 this year either.

I know i'm the bad guy here. But i'm also right. If you ppl had any idea how the NFL worked, you'd realize that the ONLY way to build a Super Bowl Champion is thru the draft. Look at the really good teams right now, most of them had a top 10, 5, or #1 pick recently. The Chargers got Rivers AND Merriman thru the draft in one trade.
What number pick was Peyton Manning again? oh, thats right...#2. Hell, it took the Chargers 2 #1 picks to get it right. And don't get it twisted...the Raiders are gonna be REALLY GOOD, REALLY SOON!! The Broncos aren't too far off.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd realize this HORRIBLE TEAM IS A GOOD THING. The quicker we get to the bottom, the quicker we get to the top.

Just depends on what your priorities are. Do you want a team that wins between 8 and 10 games every season, or do you want a Ring? It's been 50 years since we saw the Chiefs in the SB. I'm tired of mediocrity. i want a ring and i'm willing to endure whatever it takes to get one. If that means being awful one year, i'll take it...and any TRUE FAN would take it too.

The Texans, who just killed us had a #1 pick...(wiliams)
The Saints, who will be in the NFC title game had a #2 pick (Bush)
The Colts, Super Bowl Champs, had a #2 pick.(manning)
The Bengals, a perennial playoff contender, had a #1 pick. (Palmer)
The Chargers, Best record last year, had 2 #1 picks. one was a flop, (Leaf) the other was traded which landed them Rivers and Merriman.
Titans, Top 10 pick (Young)
Steelers picked #7 and got Rothlisberger.

True, there are exceptions like the Pats who got it done without dropping to the bottom, although they were at the bottom until the late 90's. The top picks for the Lions don't seem to be paying off, but we've proved to not be able to build a great team without a top pick. We've also proven the past 2 seasons that we can draft better. So, i'd rather go with the trend of getting a top pick then building a Super Bowl caliber team....but that's just me...i like/want championships.

THAT'S HOW WE SAY PESSIMISM IN "HONKY TONK".

SOME OF YOU ARE FROM KANSAS/MISSOURI AND DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN FOOTBALL, SO I'D SHUT MY MOUTH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. HERE IN TEXAS, WE'RE BROUGHT UP ON FOOTBALL. IT'S NOT A HOBBY OR SOMETHING WE LIKE ON THE WEEKENDS.

SHOULD WE COMPARE TITLES WON BY KANSAS/MISSOURI TEAMS COMPARED TO THOSE IN TEXAS? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

don't fear change. change is good...and a change in Kansas City would be a team who could contend for a titile. most fans don't like Huard or Croyle, so lets get a top 3 pick and get a good one. Brohm, Brennan, ect... don't be afraid to lose. you can't look at a franchise one season at a time. you need foresight. Carl doesn't have it and any fans who think we're gonna have more that 3 wins by week 8 doesn't have any either.

rbedgood
09-10-2007, 02:50 AM
It takes more than 1 or 2 high draft picks to turn a team around...trust me (as a 49er fan) I've watched my team rebuild for the last 5-6 years now...they're almost there (maybe this year), but it takes a while.

Take for example San Diego. You mentioned the flop (Leaf) and Rivers and Merriman...but you forgot LT #5, Quentin Jammer #5, and they also have traded away players that were high draft picks including Brees #2.

The real key to building a championship team is scouting and strategy.

Scouting first of all avoids flops such as Leaf, Kyle Boller, Curtis Enis, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams-WR, Mandarich, Boselli, etc.

Strategy requires a team to look at their needs and build accordingly. Frankly the Chiefs top needs are on O-line and in the secondary. Your LBs are okay and the D-line seems okay, but Andre Johnson looked like Jerry Rice circa 1987 today. THe RB and TE are clearly great, and the WR with Bowe and eventually Sippio will be servicable. Germ Edwards has a philosphy (like it or not) and if King Carl wants Germ to coach then he needs to get players that fill that coach's system. I.e. a friggin' all pro defense, and a good O-line. The QB can be below average (ala Trent Dilfer in Baltimore) if the offense can control the ball through the run. But the Chiefs are trying to run Herm Edwards system without the right personnel.

If the only way to get really good was to be really bad, then teams like Philly wouldn't continually reload...if you look at most of the "steady" top teams they have a top 10 pick somewhere in the last 10 years, however right in your division you have a team that is a perrennial playoff contender that hasn't had a top 10 pick since 1991. I won't say their name, but they traded up to #11 to get their current QB, and they seem to find free agents out of the woodwork that become all-pros. Sorry, but its not just the draft, it's all about CAP MANAGEMENT. Actually to turn the team around you have to make good decisions on the cap for free agency. An NFL ready O-lineman out of the draft is rare, but free agents pop up every year. Sometimes it is worth paying for the top guy, and sometimes there is a better value...i.e. Faneca is going to be overpriced next year, but other guys like Max Starks may come at a better value...

sling58
09-10-2007, 07:25 AM
It takes more than 1 or 2 high draft picks to turn a team around...trust me (as a 49er fan) I've watched my team rebuild for the last 5-6 years now...they're almost there (maybe this year), but it takes a while.

Take for example San Diego. You mentioned the flop (Leaf) and Rivers and Merriman...but you forgot LT #5, Quentin Jammer #5, and they also have traded away players that were high draft picks including Brees #2.

The real key to building a championship team is scouting and strategy.

Scouting first of all avoids flops such as Leaf, Kyle Boller, Curtis Enis, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams-WR, Mandarich, Boselli, etc.

Strategy requires a team to look at their needs and build accordingly. Frankly the Chiefs top needs are on O-line and in the secondary. Your LBs are okay and the D-line seems okay, but Andre Johnson looked like Jerry Rice circa 1987 today. THe RB and TE are clearly great, and the WR with Bowe and eventually Sippio will be servicable. Germ Edwards has a philosphy (like it or not) and if King Carl wants Germ to coach then he needs to get players that fill that coach's system. I.e. a friggin' all pro defense, and a good O-line. The QB can be below average (ala Trent Dilfer in Baltimore) if the offense can control the ball through the run. But the Chiefs are trying to run Herm Edwards system without the right personnel.

If the only way to get really good was to be really bad, then teams like Philly wouldn't continually reload...if you look at most of the "steady" top teams they have a top 10 pick somewhere in the last 10 years, however right in your division you have a team that is a perrennial playoff contender that hasn't had a top 10 pick since 1991. I won't say their name, but they traded up to #11 to get their current QB, and they seem to find free agents out of the woodwork that become all-pros. Sorry, but its not just the draft, it's all about CAP MANAGEMENT. Actually to turn the team around you have to make good decisions on the cap for free agency. An NFL ready O-lineman out of the draft is rare, but free agents pop up every year. Sometimes it is worth paying for the top guy, and sometimes there is a better value...i.e. Faneca is going to be overpriced next year, but other guys like Max Starks may come at a better value...

I agree...If we sit and draft college players to get better it will be years before ANYTHING happens. It takes time to develop in the NFL. Sure there are some flukes and freaks of Nature that come out of college and are a instant force, Merriman for example, but that is a rarity. We had the most explosive offense the last few years and couldn't do crap in the post season. We have always been good on only one side of the ball and this season is no different. I feel like the defense will be getting better and I pray that maybe the offense will start clicking a little bit.

Just because Texas HAD a lot of titles/Championships is pointless. Just because the second biggest state in the Union has a lot of Championships doesn't mean that the people that live in that state are football Gods.

Yes the Chiefs bit a big one yesterday but I will ALWAYS root for the team to win, ALWAYS. The day I start rooting for my team to get the first round draft pick will be the day I no longer am worthy to root for the Red and Gold. A true fan understands this and doesn't think is terms of first picks. It's not the first round picks that make a team good, it's the other 52 players around him that make him look great. Once ALL our players realize this then we will be hoisting the trophy. Look at the Pats they have the WE mentality and maybe the Chiefs need that too.

chief31
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM

That is absolutely wrong. Boselli was a superb talent. He was an instant superstar at his position. Injury caused his extremely early decline.

Anyway.... While I agree with alot of what has been posted here, I don't trust that any amount of high draft picks, nor continuity, will grant us a championship, with our current leadership. I am still flabbergasted about the "30 points = arena football" statement. And I will likely never get over that, without a whole lot of success.

m0ef0e
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
We have good talent now, especially on defense. There's no reason to throw an entire season under the bus over an opening-day road game, relax. We lost due to turnovers, penalties, and bad calls. Some of that can be considered bad luck, some of it lack of discipline. This team is still coming together and the penalties and fumbles should not be as much of a problem as the season goes forward. The o-line is the unit main on our team that needs time together in games to gel. They are healthy and getting that now and aside from all the penalties, looked like they are improving from what I saw in the game yesterday. It wasn't good and they still need a lot of work, but they at least seem to be coming along some.

royalswin100games
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
We have good talent now, especially on defense. There's no reason to throw an entire season under the bus over an opening-day road game, relax. We lost due to turnovers, penalties, and bad calls. Some of that can be considered bad luck, some of it lack of discipline. This team is still coming together and the penalties and fumbles should not be as much of a problem as the season goes forward. The o-line is the unit main on our team that needs time together in games to gel. They are healthy and getting that now and aside from all the penalties, looked like they are improving from what I saw in the game yesterday. It wasn't good and they still need a lot of work, but they at least seem to be coming along some.

Once we get Larry going, we'll be okay. I don't think it's as much of a disaster like chumps like Salisbury(ESPN has gone to $#@!) put it out to be. Any team that turns the ball over 4 times is going to lose.

DrunkHillbilly
09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Once we get Larry going, we'll be okay. I don't think it's as much of a disaster like chumps like Salisbury(ESPN has gone to $#@!) put it out to be. Any team that turns the ball over 4 times is going to lose.

I have a feeling that they might be in abundance this year unlike years in the past.

I agree that Huard is not to blame but his heart and attitude needs to be questioned! He doesn't even look like he cares! No fire, no pissed off looks on his face!! I thought it was this way before the season started but they need to play with a sense of urgency and attitude because they got man handled yesterday!

swmochiefsfan
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
yes...i've got little to no faith. I choose not to be led by the blind...i lost my faith in Peterson years ago.

i don't think the talking heads know what they're talking about...hell, most of them picked K.C. to win today against Houston. But if they're saying the Chiefs are awful this year, they're not as dumb as i thought. I just look at this team and know they aren't a competitive NFL team, and anyone who knows anything about football would know that too. It's not a coincidence that the Chiefs are 0-5 this year either.

I know i'm the bad guy here. But i'm also right. If you ppl had any idea how the NFL worked, you'd realize that the ONLY way to build a Super Bowl Champion is thru the draft. Look at the really good teams right now, most of them had a top 10, 5, or #1 pick recently. The Chargers got Rivers AND Merriman thru the draft in one trade.
What number pick was Peyton Manning again? oh, thats right...#2. Hell, it took the Chargers 2 #1 picks to get it right. And don't get it twisted...the Raiders are gonna be REALLY GOOD, REALLY SOON!! The Broncos aren't too far off.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd realize this HORRIBLE TEAM IS A GOOD THING. The quicker we get to the bottom, the quicker we get to the top.

Just depends on what your priorities are. Do you want a team that wins between 8 and 10 games every season, or do you want a Ring? It's been 50 years since we saw the Chiefs in the SB. I'm tired of mediocrity. i want a ring and i'm willing to endure whatever it takes to get one. If that means being awful one year, i'll take it...and any TRUE FAN would take it too.

The Chargers, Best record last year, had 2 #1 picks. one was a flop, (Leaf) the other was traded which landed them Rivers and Merriman.

True, there are exceptions like the Pats who got it done without dropping to the bottom, although they were at the bottom until the late 90's. The top picks for the Lions don't seem to be paying off, but we've proved to not be able to build a great team without a top pick. We've also proven the past 2 seasons that we can draft better. So, i'd rather go with the trend of getting a top pick then building a Super Bowl caliber team....but that's just me...i like/want championships.

SOME OF YOU ARE FROM KANSAS/MISSOURI AND DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS IN FOOTBALL, SO I'D SHUT MY MOUTH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. HERE IN TEXAS, WE'RE BROUGHT UP ON FOOTBALL. IT'S NOT A HOBBY OR SOMETHING WE LIKE ON THE WEEKENDS.

SHOULD WE COMPARE TITLES WON BY KANSAS/MISSOURI TEAMS COMPARED TO THOSE IN TEXAS? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

don't fear change. change is good...and a change in Kansas City would be a team who could contend for a titile. most fans don't like Huard or Croyle, so lets get a top 3 pick and get a good one. Brohm, Brennan, ect... don't be afraid to lose. you can't look at a franchise one season at a time. you need foresight. Carl doesn't have it and any fans who think we're gonna have more that 3 wins by week 8 doesn't have any either.
Please, please not the "TEXAS" talk, Ive heard enough of that sh*t to last me the rest of my life. I agree with a few things you say but if you bring that arrogent "Im from TEXAS bullsh#t" in here you've lost me just on spite.And for the record I've lived in Texas, all four major cities and some small towns and you can keep it.No disrespect meant, I just can't stand it, peace.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree...If we sit and draft college players to get better it will be years before ANYTHING happens. It takes time to develop in the NFL. Sure there are some flukes and freaks of Nature that come out of college and are a instant force, Merriman for example, but that is a rarity. We had the most explosive offense the last few years and couldn't do crap in the post season. We have always been good on only one side of the ball and this season is no different. I feel like the defense will be getting better and I pray that maybe the offense will start clicking a little bit.

Just because Texas HAD a lot of titles/Championships is pointless. Just because the second biggest state in the Union has a lot of Championships doesn't mean that the people that live in that state are football Gods.

Yes the Chiefs bit a big one yesterday but I will ALWAYS root for the team to win, ALWAYS. The day I start rooting for my team to get the first round draft pick will be the day I no longer am worthy to root for the Red and Gold. A true fan understands this and doesn't think is terms of first picks. It's not the first round picks that make a team good, it's the other 52 players around him that make him look great. Once ALL our players realize this then we will be hoisting the trophy. Look at the Pats they have the WE mentality and maybe the Chiefs need that too.

Therein lies the legacy of the Carl Peterson era.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM

You catch more flies with honey...

If I sat here and called you ignorant and said you have no idea what you are talking about... yadayadyada... You would get pissed. Get off your texas high-horse and post with a little respect or STFU.

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!

You catch more flies with honey...

If I sat here and called you ignorant and said you have no idea what you are talking about... yadayadyada... You would get pissed. Get off your texas high-horse and post with a little respect or STFU.

I'll call his *** ignorant...

Point 1 He thinks one really bad year is going to fix the Chiefs problems to make a Super Bowl run...ummm the biggest problem on offense is the O-line...how are you going to fix that in one year...through the draft? It's rare to find 1-2 NFL-ready O-linemen in the draft...you need at least 2 if not 3 to return to glory. Not to mention the needs on defense (secondary).

Point 2 He cherry-picks a group of teams that are doing well that have a #1 or #2 pick on their team. Let me list a few other teams that have top 3 picks on their team

Arizona---Fitzgerald #3, had Leonard Davis #2, Andre Wadsworth #3...they've still sucked
Cleveland---Braylon Edwards #3, Gerrard Warren #3, Courtney Brown #1, Tim Couch #1...Oh and Brown/Couch were in consecutive years...they still suck
Detroit...need me to chronicle this mess?!

Point 3---Exception that did it w/o the draft...he mentions the Pats...I suggest every team that has made the playoffs is making smart decisions in free agency. Spend big money on great players, and small money on role players. It isn't rocket science. The Pats have done it, but over the years so have the Ravens (Shannon Sharpe, McCrary, Sam Adams), 49ers (Deion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr, Plummer, Clements, DJax), Peckers (Reggie White, Sean Jones), Indy (Dominic Rhodes, Corey Simon, McFarland)

I think the point is made, the succesful teams sign free agents like Adalius Thomas, the bad teams sign guys like Tai Streets (Detroit 2004)

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
The resident statistician once again saves the day. :D

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Anytime Chiefster...

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Anytime Chiefster...

:bananen_smilies046::sign0098:

texaschief
09-14-2007, 01:14 AM
I'll call his *** ignorant...

Point 1 He thinks one really bad year is going to fix the Chiefs problems to make a Super Bowl run...ummm the biggest problem on offense is the O-line...how are you going to fix that in one year...through the draft? It's rare to find 1-2 NFL-ready O-linemen in the draft...you need at least 2 if not 3 to return to glory. Not to mention the needs on defense (secondary).

Point 2 He cherry-picks a group of teams that are doing well that have a #1 or #2 pick on their team. Let me list a few other teams that have top 3 picks on their team

Arizona---Fitzgerald #3, had Leonard Davis #2, Andre Wadsworth #3...they've still sucked
Cleveland---Braylon Edwards #3, Gerrard Warren #3, Courtney Brown #1, Tim Couch #1...Oh and Brown/Couch were in consecutive years...they still suck
Detroit...need me to chronicle this mess?!

Point 3---Exception that did it w/o the draft...he mentions the Pats...I suggest every team that has made the playoffs is making smart decisions in free agency. Spend big money on great players, and small money on role players. It isn't rocket science. The Pats have done it, but over the years so have the Ravens (Shannon Sharpe, McCrary, Sam Adams), 49ers (Deion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr, Plummer, Clements, DJax), Peckers (Reggie White, Sean Jones), Indy (Dominic Rhodes, Corey Simon, McFarland)

I think the point is made, the succesful teams sign free agents like Adalius Thomas, the bad teams sign guys like Tai Streets (Detroit 2004)

Point 1:I don't recall saying the O-line would be repaired thru the draft. We need a QB with our first pick. But getting an O-lineman in the 2nd round wouldn't hurt. Our middle 3 are pretty solid. If we can get a solid tackle, we should be in good shape. as far as the secondary goes, i've said before that if he got the same deal as Briggs, Asante Samuel should be priority #1 in free agency.

Point 2:...and I'm the one who's "cherry picking"? LMAO!!! You throw out 2 teams that i didn't mention...and for good reason, then in "point 3" you pick 4 teams from the past decade who added some FAs and were successful with them. Talk to me after this season and we'll see how bad Arizona is...who by the way has a top 10 DP QB and almost beat us in his first game as a pro last season. Then, talk to me after next season and tell me how bad the Browns (first round QB) are going to be. The O-line guys they drafted are hurt...as they were last season. As for the Lions, tell me they played worse than the Chiefs did last week... You just prove most of the points i'm trying to make. Thanks for your help. I'll be nice...i won't call your *** ignorant.

Point 3: Make no mistake about it...the Patriots ARE the exception. No, you can't "suggest every team that's made the playoffs" as an example. As a rule, you can't build a team thru Free Agency. It's too expensive and MOST Free Agents don't pan out. There's USUALLY A REASON why they weren't re-signed. By the way, the Patriots didn't sign THAT MANY free agents...they traded for most of those guys. Thomas was pretty much it. Then, MY "IGNORANT ***" reads that "it takes to long to build thru the draft". Really? When did we draft our starting safeties again? how bout Hali? Think Tank'll be a starter next year or this year? How bout Bowe? oh wait, he's probably gonna start in his 2nd week in the league. I gaurantee if we had drafted a QB in the first 2 rounds the past couple years, he'd be starting sunday. Maybe a Kellen Clemens or Arron Rogers. Maybe i'm just being "ignorant". MOST of the teams who made the playoffs built thru the draft, not Free Agency. Including the Super Bowl participants. Who were the huge Free Agents that put the Colts and Bears over the hump going into the 06 season????? It's ok...take your time. Who were the HUGE Free Agents that helped the Chargers to the best record in the league last year??? i'm sure Rivers (top 3 DP) and Merriman had nothing to do with it... Now that i think about it, the only REAL FA to help a team in a BIG WAY last season was Brees...I forget, what position did he play? and who drafted that guy? All i know is he went to the Saints who coincidentally had the #2 pick that year... But i can see how you would think a high draft pick doesn't help your team.

Y'all can sit here and call me ignorant all you want, but at least i'm not nieve. The Chiefs are horrible. and if they win one game before the off week, be happy, that probably means we're not as bad as the Raiders. Stop acting like a bunch of women who get their feelings hurt and have a real conversation about football. We all know the Chiefs are bad. Stop getting defensive.

By the way, what do our division rivals have in common?....they've all been to the Super Bowl more recently than the Chiefs (50 years)....AND...

They each have a 1st round QB... Is Brodie (INTs and torn up knees) Croyle REALLY the guy we want leading this team for the next decade against those guys? think about it.

If he is, play him now!!! Then we can trade down in the draft and pick up an O-lineman AND a CB with a few more picks added in.

But i guess i'm just ignorant and don't know football...

By the way, how many Texas players are on the rosters of Mizzu, KU, and KState? hmm. yeah, just ignorance and arrogance...LMAO!!!

P.S. Just becuase you're Chiefs "fans" doesn't mean we have to like eachother. I don't need anymore friends and could care less if y'all like me or not. But someone should be the voice of reason on here.... it might as well be someone who knows the game. So, i'm happy to do it for you.

TRY AGAIN

texaschief
09-14-2007, 01:37 AM
just a question, but i forget... did we draft Will Shields? How bout Brian Waters? Obviously Tony Gonzales was a bust. Wonder if John Tait would help this team any.

You're right. Let's build thru Free Agency, because Turley, Terry, McIntosh have been GREAT thus far. But where would we be without Chris Bober?

Basically, you think we're just going to sign a bunch of Casey Wiegmans and everything will be peachy huh? Sounds llke Free agency is a higher risk when building an O-line than drafting one.

oh, and here's a couple more names of players who are taking too long developing to contribute to the team.
DT Turk McBride
RB Kolby Smith
P Dustin Colquitt
WR Jeff Webb
LB Derrick Johnson

I mean that's ONLY 9 STARTERS drafted in the last 3 years...you're right....WAY TOO LONG!!!! I mean its only almost half the starting team.

COULD BE 10 IF WE PLAY CROYLE!!!!!

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Point 1:I don't recall saying the O-line would be repaired thru the draft. We need a QB with our first pick. But getting an O-lineman in the 2nd round wouldn't hurt. Our middle 3 are pretty solid. If we can get a solid tackle, we should be in good shape. as far as the secondary goes, i've said before that if he got the same deal as Briggs, Asante Samuel should be priority #1 in free agency.

Point 2:...and I'm the one who's "cherry picking"? LMAO!!! You throw out 2 teams that i didn't mention...and for good reason, then in "point 3" you pick 4 teams from the past decade who added some FAs and were successful with them. Talk to me after this season and we'll see how bad Arizona is...who by the way has a top 10 DP QB and almost beat us in his first game as a pro last season. Then, talk to me after next season and tell me how bad the Browns (first round QB) are going to be. The O-line guys they drafted are hurt...as they were last season. As for the Lions, tell me they played worse than the Chiefs did last week... You just prove most of the points i'm trying to make. Thanks for your help. I'll be nice...i won't call your *** ignorant.

Point 3: Make no mistake about it...the Patriots ARE the exception. No, you can't "suggest every team that's made the playoffs" as an example. As a rule, you can't build a team thru Free Agency. It's too expensive and MOST Free Agents don't pan out. There's USUALLY A REASON why they weren't re-signed. By the way, the Patriots didn't sign THAT MANY free agents...they traded for most of those guys. Thomas was pretty much it. Then, MY "IGNORANT ***" reads that "it takes to long to build thru the draft". Really? When did we draft our starting safeties again? how bout Hali? Think Tank'll be a starter next year or this year? How bout Bowe? oh wait, he's probably gonna start in his 2nd week in the league. I gaurantee if we had drafted a QB in the first 2 rounds the past couple years, he'd be starting sunday. Maybe a Kellen Clemens or Arron Rogers. Maybe i'm just being "ignorant". MOST of the teams who made the playoffs built thru the draft, not Free Agency. Including the Super Bowl participants. Who were the huge Free Agents that put the Colts and Bears over the hump going into the 06 season????? It's ok...take your time. Who were the HUGE Free Agents that helped the Chargers to the best record in the league last year??? i'm sure Rivers (top 3 DP) and Merriman had nothing to do with it... Now that i think about it, the only REAL FA to help a team in a BIG WAY last season was Brees...I forget, what position did he play? and who drafted that guy? All i know is he went to the Saints who coincidentally had the #2 pick that year... But i can see how you would think a high draft pick doesn't help your team.

Y'all can sit here and call me ignorant all you want, but at least i'm not nieve. The Chiefs are horrible. and if they win one game before the off week, be happy, that probably means we're not as bad as the Raiders. Stop acting like a bunch of women who get their feelings hurt and have a real conversation about football. We all know the Chiefs are bad. Stop getting defensive.

By the way, what do our division rivals have in common?....they've all been to the Super Bowl more recently than the Chiefs (50 years)....AND...

They each have a 1st round QB... Is Brodie (INTs and torn up knees) Croyle REALLY the guy we want leading this team for the next decade against those guys? think about it.

If he is, play him now!!! Then we can trade down in the draft and pick up an O-lineman AND a CB with a few more picks added in.

By the way, how many Texas players are on the rosters of Mizzu, KU, and KState? hmm. yeah, just ignorance and arrogance...LMAO!!!

P.S. Just becuase you're Chiefs "fans" doesn't mean we have to like eachother. I don't need anymore friends and could care less if y'all like me or not. But someone should be the voice of reason on here.... it might as well be someone who knows the game. So, i'm happy to do it for you.

TRY AGAIN

First of all, I apologize for resorting to name-calling. I should have kept the debate on a more intelligent level, and stuck to the discussion of football. I thought it was funny and a couple folks to remain anonymous also did as they sent me PMs.

Where to start...oh where to start. As for the needs of the Chiefs I guess we'll have to disagree with that, but I'd suggest it won't matter if you draft the next Peyton Manning if you can't protect him. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring because a good line was in front of him and a good running game supported him. You don't need a great QB to win, but you need to win the battle in the trenches.

Cleveland Browns---I think you're right that Quinn will help the Browns improve...my point was that 1 or 2 early picks won't make a team a winner. I listed a number of early picks for the Browns and didn't even include Quinn because he was just drafted this year and hasn't had an oppty to make a difference...(p.s. he wasn't that "early pick you referred to" he went 22nd.)

You're right I only list 3 or 4 teams that have built through free agency...my point wasn't that it was the only way to build but rather to dispute your statement that the teams that are succesful all built through the draft...4 examples would be 3 more than required to make that example. Again my point was made.

As for Texas football...there are a great number of players who come out of Texas and are great football players...that doesn't make any Joe Blow from Texas the automatic undisputable authority on the subject.

You clearly have thought out your points more than it appeared in your first post. I was wrong to call you an ignorant a$$, however I do still disagree on a number of points.

As for Bowe, yeah he'll start next week. I didn't say you can't get NFL ready players in the draft...I said NFL ready Offensive Lineman are a rarity. More NFL ready players come out of other positions...WR and RB especially. Adrian Peterson in MN was one of the best RBs in the league last week in his first NFL game. My opinion is that finding a couple top level offensive linemen will go farther to returning the level of the KC offense than a QB, WR or any other position. You disagree and are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Don't pull a "Sweets" and take off on us :yahoo: You argue well and put together good opinions.

Again, sorry I resorted to name calling. I shoulda stuck to the debate on a more intelligent level.

p.s. note the signature...I'm not a Chiefs fan. Don't care if you're my friend. I love football and discussing it with any intelligent group of fans.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 01:48 AM
just a question, but i forget... did we draft Will Shields? How bout Brian Waters? Obviously Tony Gonzales was a bust. Wonder if John Tait would help this team any.

You're right. Let's build thru Free Agency, because Turley, Terry, McIntosh have been GREAT thus far. But where would we be without Chris Bober?

Basically, you think we're just going to sign a bunch of Casey Wiegmans and everything will be peachy huh? Sounds llke Free agency is a higher risk when building an O-line than drafting one.

oh, and here's a couple more names of players who are taking too long developing to contribute to the team.
DT Turk McBride
RB Kolby Smith
P Dustin Colquitt
WR Jeff Webb
LB Derrick Johnson

I mean that's ONLY 9 STARTERS drafted in the last 3 years...you're right....WAY TOO LONG!!!! I mean its only almost half the starting team.

COULD BE 10 IF WE PLAY CROYLE!!!!!

I completely agree with you on Asante Samuel. I also think that the Chiefs need a Tackle and I don't think you'll find an NFL ready one in the draft. Sure you can draft one and probably should, but expecting him to be ready to start in less than 2-3 years is unlikely. If you get an early draft pick (top 10) you might find one that is NFL ready, then your only one lineman away from a very solid line...if not I'd argue you need to spend the money to go after Max Starks or Mike Williams (Jax). I'd argue that with a very solid line Croyle/Huard would be enough at QB if you can get Samuel and a better free safety to improve the secondary.

I wasn't saying to not try and build in the draft, my suggestion is that it is also possible with wise decisions to build through free agency. I misunderstood your first post to imply that free agents were a waste of time and money. I do think that the best way to build a line quickly is through free agency as NFL ready linemen are rare in the draft...especially at Tackle where the Chiefs have their needs.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 02:43 AM
First of all, I apologize for resorting to name-calling. I should have kept the debate on a more intelligent level, and stuck to the discussion of football. I thought it was funny and a couple folks to remain anonymous also did as they sent me PMs.

Where to start...oh where to start. As for the needs of the Chiefs I guess we'll have to disagree with that, but I'd suggest it won't matter if you draft the next Peyton Manning if you can't protect him. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring because a good line was in front of him and a good running game supported him. You don't need a great QB to win, but you need to win the battle in the trenches.

Cleveland Browns---I think you're right that Quinn will help the Browns improve...my point was that 1 or 2 early picks won't make a team a winner. I listed a number of early picks for the Browns and didn't even include Quinn because he was just drafted this year and hasn't had an oppty to make a difference...(p.s. he wasn't that "early pick you referred to" he went 22nd.)

You're right I only list 3 or 4 teams that have built through free agency...my point wasn't that it was the only way to build but rather to dispute your statement that the teams that are succesful all built through the draft...4 examples would be 3 more than required to make that example. Again my point was made.

As for Texas football...there are a great number of players who come out of Texas and are great football players...that doesn't make any Joe Blow from Texas the automatic undisputable authority on the subject.

You clearly have thought out your points more than it appeared in your first post. I was wrong to call you an ignorant a$$, however I do still disagree on a number of points.

As for Bowe, yeah he'll start next week. I didn't say you can't get NFL ready players in the draft...I said NFL ready Offensive Lineman are a rarity. More NFL ready players come out of other positions...WR and RB especially. Adrian Peterson in MN was one of the best RBs in the league last week in his first NFL game. My opinion is that finding a couple top level offensive linemen will go farther to returning the level of the KC offense than a QB, WR or any other position. You disagree and are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Don't pull a "Sweets" and take off on us :yahoo: You argue well and put together good opinions.

Again, sorry I resorted to name calling. I shoulda stuck to the debate on a more intelligent level.

p.s. note the signature...I'm not a Chiefs fan. Don't care if you're my friend. I love football and discussing it with any intelligent group of fans.

First, let me say i think it's adorable that you're getting private messages and that you and your girlfriends can't come and say things out loud. I'm happy you feel special and that you think you're funny. Its cute. second, i'm not going anywhere. why would i? I'm right.

If it's such a rarity, why are linemen taken EVERY YEAR? How many first round (healthy) linemen ARE NOT starting their first year? How many aren't starting now?

and yes, Quinn is a high draft pick. he was a first round pick. not a late 3rd rounder. Next year, when the Browns get all their high pick O-linemen healthy and playing together, Quinn won't be touched.

Go watch the best high school team in Kansas play this weekend. Then turn on ESPNU and watch how Texas highschool football is played comparatively. Southlake Carrol, #1 in the nation will be playing the #2 team from Miami on Saturday. Then come tell me football is taught and understood the same in Kansas/Mizzu.
Southlake isn't overly talented...it's all fundamentals and basics executed perfectly...which is exactly what we're talkin about in Kansas City.

I agree that the O-line needs help. But the team as a whole needs a leader. Its not LJ who doesn't want to be there and its not an old QB who looks beat before he walks on the field. Its a QB, then O-line....Actually, it's defense, then QB and O-line. Herm's doing it right, he just needs to not be so committed to Brodie.

But if he is, PLAY THE KID NOW!!!

spiman
09-14-2007, 04:08 AM
S.J. Mercury News N>F>L Standings K.C./25 Oak/32
S.D./3, N.E.1, IND/2 AFC Kicks A## at least were not last yet..--well we need a win SUN..P.S.. We need to start cheating- Everybody else Is!ii Don't give up Yet. GuYS-and 1 Gal OR should we LOSE every game on our rebuild year and get the #1 draft pick for once? Does King Carl have the balls to convince ownership to spend like ...

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM

TRY AGAIN

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 11:51 AM
First, let me say i think it's adorable that you're getting private messages and that you and your girlfriends can't come and say things out loud. I'm happy you feel special and that you think you're funny. Its cute. second, i'm not going anywhere. why would i? I'm right.

(A) Everything I've said is out loud and here. I've received PMs with LOL or LMAO...didn't say they thought I was right or wrong, just funny. The point of that was I was saying I was sorry for calling you a name in the effort to be funny.

If it's such a rarity, why are linemen taken EVERY YEAR? How many first round (healthy) linemen ARE NOT starting their first year? How many aren't starting now?

B) I said you should take linemen in the draft, just don't expect them to start right away. 4 were taken in the 1st round this year...2 are starting (the two picked in the top 10) and the other 2 are backups. And I would suggest that Levi Brown after watching him on MNF isn't ready to start but AZ doesn't have anyone better. The point wasn't that you shouldn't draft linemen, the point was that if you want to see the line fixed in less than 2-3 years you should also look at free agency, I gave a couple of lesser known names that are good O-linemen

and yes, Quinn is a high draft pick. he was a first round pick. not a late 3rd rounder. Next year, when the Browns get all their high pick O-linemen healthy and playing together, Quinn won't be touched.

You're right Quinn is a high draft pick...so are Braylon Edwards, Gerrard Warren, Courtney Brown and Tim Couch. The other players were drafted over the last 8-10 years. Couch was a flop, but even with the others Cleveland has sucked. I also think Quinn will help turn it around...the point was that even with all the others it didn't turn around...(oh and those aren't 3rd rounders, they're all top 5 picks.)

Go watch the best high school team in Kansas play this weekend. Then turn on ESPNU and watch how Texas highschool football is played comparatively. Southlake Carrol, #1 in the nation will be playing the #2 team from Miami on Saturday. Then come tell me football is taught and understood the same in Kansas/Mizzu.
Southlake isn't overly talented...it's all fundamentals and basics executed perfectly...which is exactly what we're talkin about in Kansas City.

Did you read my last post...I said I know a lot of great football players come from Texas...lets compare Texas with another state of about the same size...how about California...oops we just got equal results. Kansas, Missouri and a couple other surrounding states don't have the population combined to equal Texas. So you can't expect the same talent pool. We never argued on the point of talent...my point is knowledge of the game can come from anywhere, even Kansas or Missouri.

I agree that the O-line needs help. But the team as a whole needs a leader. Its not LJ who doesn't want to be there and its not an old QB who looks beat before he walks on the field. Its a QB, then O-line....Actually, it's defense, then QB and O-line. Herm's doing it right, he just needs to not be so committed to Brodie.

We agree on the problem of the O-line, and it sounds like we disagree on the order and method of fixing the issues. I can live with that...you're entitled to your opinion. I personally think that if Croyle or Huard had more time in the pocket, one or both of them would look better back there.

As for playing Croyle now, I disagree. I think that playing him at this point just gets him experience that won't benefit him in the future. If he has under heavy pressure and doesn't have time to throw, he'll develop the way Carr did in Houston (with happy feet).

But if he is, PLAY THE KID NOW!!!

I inserted my responses in your quote to respond to each item...mine are marked in bold to separate them.
That's my opinion...feel free to flame :firedevil:

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM

TRY AGAIN

I knew you would get mad if someone called you ignorant.

You want to tell all of us that we don't know what we are talking about and claim your football knowledge is superior. You slam on us for being defensive about our team then you turn around and get defensive about being called ignorant which is basically the same thing you did to everyone who posts here.

You're right, I don't like you one damn bit and your opinions don't mean crap to me. In fact, I will probaly no longer read anything posted by you as I do not want to be infected by your negative, second-grade intellect.

You say are more educated about football than everybody else because of where you live. Spare me.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Now write your next book.:sign0104:

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
I knew you would get mad if someone called you ignorant.

You want to tell all of us that we don't know what we are talking about and claim your football knowledge is superior. You slam on us for being defensive about our team then you turn around and get defensive about being called ignorant which is basically the same thing you did to everyone who posts here.

You're right, I don't like you one damn bit and your opinions don't mean crap to me. In fact, I will probaly no longer read anything posted by you as I do not want to be infected by your negative, second-grade intellect.

You say are more educated about football than everybody else because of where you live. Spare me.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Now write your next book.:sign0104:

Well put (especially the part in bold)...I do think the guy knows some football, but I too resented the implication that others don't.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Well put (especially the part in bold)...I do think the guy knows some football, but I too resented the implication that others don't.

The guy obviously is football smart. He made some good points but he presents them with so much negativity and poison toward the "inferior" football fans north of Texas that it makes me not want to listen to a damn thing he says. I just said he don't know what he's talking about to get a rise out of him so he will write another small book that I won't even bother to read this time.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
The guy obviously is football smart. He made some good points but he presents them with so much negativity and poison toward the "inferior" football fans north of Texas that it makes me not want to listen to a damn thing he says. I just said he don't know what he's talking about to get a rise out of him so he will write another small book that I won't even bother to read this time.

Careful, your treading on thin ice...right along with Chiefster's mancard. :D

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Careful, your treading on thin ice...right along with Chiefster's mancard. :D

:lol: I just wanted to make it known that my opinion is that texas DOES know what he is talking about. Seems real football savvy. I just allowed myself to be pulled into the poo-throwing contest and said something I don't even believe to make him as mad as he made me. I know, not very mature of me. He doesn't know anybody on this site, hasn't read the many good discussions and debates and wants to throw around an uninformed opinion that we are uninformed. That pisses me off and at that point I don't care what he says about football, he is attacking people's intellect and integrity with no basis for his opinion. Not cool.

chief31
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
A) Somebody call Texaschiefs mother, he needs his a55 changed.

B) The state of teaxas has a population that is ten times that of Kansas. Given ten to one odds, how impressive is it that they have a couple of higher ranked high school football programs?

C) TC, Brady Quinn was not a top-two/three draft pick, as you had origionally indicated was neccessary to become a championship team. And I believe that Rbedgood made a great point, by showing how successful the Browns have been with their top-two/three picks, to this point. And insenuating that the Cardinals back your argument is ... (Here comes your word)... IGNORRANT. It shows ignorance to the existing facts, that dispute your case for top-two/three picks. It shows ignorrance to how to deal with a counter-point. It shows incredible ignorrance to the fact that the Arizona Cradinals have been doing things the way you suggest, for a very long time, and continue to be a pathetic organization. When was the last time the Cardinals were any good? Don't they pretty much get a high first round draft pick almost every year? How has that been working out for the past several ... DECADES?????

D) TC, In the same breath, you manage to inform everyone here that we have to get a top-whatever draft pick, then use our second and third round picks to back-up your argument.

E) When was the last time that the Steelers had a top-two/three draft pick? How about the Eagles? Suggesting that the only way to become a champion is by getting an utra-high draft pick is twisted. And pointing out the ones who support your theory, while ignoring the multitudes that dispute your theory, is blind. Then, once you get your panties all twisted, you act as if everyone thinks that drafting players is stupid and a waste of time. Look, everytime there is a difference of opinion, doesn't mean that the world thinks that every word you say is not only wrong, but absolutely backwards. Overreaction is a useful tool. But you were just acting like a tool.

F) RBG, maybe I'm wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, three of the four O-linemen drafted this year in the first round, are starting. Thomas, Brown and Staley. Only Ben Grubbs isn't. in fact, over the past two drafts, there are at least two staring left tackles, from beyond the first round. Marcus Mcniel and Tony Ugoh.

G) TC, when attacked by one or two members of a board, do you always throw a tantrum at everyone? That could be caused by having been picked on in school. Grow up and get over you childhood issues.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 01:25 PM

B) The state of teaxas has a population that is ten times that of Kansas. Given ten to one odds, how impressive is it that they have a couple of higher ranked high school football programs?

C) TC, Brady Quinn was not a top-two/three draft pick, as you had origionally indicated was neccessary to become a championship team. And I believe that Rbedgood made a great point, by showing how successful the Browns have been with their top-two/three picks, to this point. And insenuating that the Cardinals back your argument is ... (Here comes your word)... IGNORRANT. It shows ignorance to the existing facts, that dispute your case for top-two/three picks. It shows ignorrance to how to deal with a counter-point. It shows incredible ignorrance to the fact that the Arizona Cradinals have been doing things the way you suggest, for a very long time, and continue to be a pathetic organization. When was the last time the Cardinals were any good? Don't they pretty much get a high first round draft pick almost every year? How has that been working out for the past several ... DECADES?????

D) TC, In the same breath, you manage to inform everyone here that we have to get a top-whatever draft pick, then use our second and third round picks to back-up your argument.

E) RBG, maybe I'm wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, three of the four O-linemen drafted this year in the first round, are starting. Thomas, Brown and Staley. Only Ben Grubbs isn't. in fact, over the past two drafts, there are at least two staring left tackles, from beyond the first round. Marcus Mcniel and Tony Ugoh.

F) TC, when attacked by one or two members of a board, do you always throw a tantrum at everyone? That could be caused by having been picked on in school. Grow up and get over you childhood issues.

You're right on the 3 starters.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 02:39 PM

E) When was the last time that the Steelers had a top-two/three draft pick? How about the Eagles? Suggesting that the only way to become a champion is by getting an utra-high draft pick is twisted. And pointing out the ones who support your theory, while ignoring the multitudes that dispute your theory, is blind. Then, once you get your panties all twisted, you act as if everyone thinks that drafting players is stupid and a waste of time. Look, everytime there is a difference of opinion, doesn't mean that the world thinks that every word you say is not only wrong, but absolutely backwards. Overreaction is a useful tool. But you were just acting like a tool.

F) RBG, maybe I'm wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, three of the four O-linemen drafted this year in the first round, are starting. Thomas, Brown and Staley. Only Ben Grubbs isn't. in fact, over the past two drafts, there are at least two staring left tackles, from beyond the first round. Marcus Mcniel and Tony Ugoh.

G) TC, when attacked by one or two members of a board, do you always throw a tantrum at everyone? That could be caused by having been picked on in school. Grow up and get over you childhood issues.

I'm not saying the QB HAS to come from a top 3 spot...but I'm pretty sure the Steelers took a QB pretty high...what, #7? yeah, the guy took them to and then won the Super Bowl....GREAT ARGUMENT!!!LMAO!!!
Every one thinks the Broncos will be good this year...where did they take their QB? oh, that right, #11. I'm sure he'll be awful too. you toss out Arizona like they're the only ones who've had high draft picks the last few years. Just because one or two teams have poor upper management and scouting doesn't negate the fact that high draft picks lead to Championship calliber teams. Like i've said before, it USUALLY takes a team one or two years in the basement before they're championship calliber.

So, yes. the fact that THOSE OF YOU who disagree with me think we have a good team or we're just one or two Free Agents away from being a Super Bowl caliber team, makes you football stupid and you're showing that you don't know what you're talking about.

How long has it taken the 49ers to be a force in the NFC again? Did they build their team thru Free Agency or did they have the #1 pick and took a QB? Did they sign their soon to be super star TE as a FA? how bout their Pro Bowl RB? Granted, Alex Smith isn't P. Manning, but he's the best thing they've had there in a long time...and that's where the Chiefs are right now.

Losing isn't something to be afraid of in the NFL. Bad teams get rewarded with high draft picks. There's no point in arguing how bad the Chiefs are. We know they're going to be at the very most a top 5 draft pick team...if not 3 or 1.

If you're a REAL Chiefs fan, this is the season of your dreams!!! wake up and realize it!! Hopefully, after a horrible season, CP gets fired, we get a Super QB in the draft and we look toward a bright future.

chief31
09-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm not saying the QB HAS to come from a top 3 spot...but I'm pretty sure the Steelers took a QB pretty high...what, #7? yeah, the guy took them to and then won the Super Bowl....GREAT ARGUMENT!!!LMAO!!!
Every one thinks the Broncos will be good this year...where did they take their QB? oh, that right, #11. I'm sure he'll be awful too. you toss out Arizona like they're the only ones who've had high draft picks the last few years. Just because one or two teams have poor upper management and scouting doesn't negate the fact that high draft picks lead to Championship calliber teams. Like i've said before, it USUALLY takes a team one or two years in the basement before they're championship calliber.

So, yes. the fact that THOSE OF YOU who disagree with me think we have a good team or we're just one or two Free Agents away from being a Super Bowl caliber team, makes you football stupid and you're showing that you don't know what you're talking about.

How long has it taken the 49ers to be a force in the NFC again? Did they build their team thru Free Agency or did they have the #1 pick and took a QB? Did they sign their soon to be super star TE as a FA? how bout their Pro Bowl RB? Granted, Alex Smith isn't P. Manning, but he's the best thing they've had there in a long time...and that's where the Chiefs are right now.

Losing isn't something to be afraid of in the NFL. Bad teams get rewarded with high draft picks. There's no point in arguing how bad the Chiefs are. We know they're going to be at the very most a top 5 draft pick team...if not 3 or 1.

If you're a REAL Chiefs fan, this is the season of your dreams!!! wake up and realize it!! Hopefully, after a horrible season, CP gets fired, we get a Super QB in the draft and we look toward a bright future.

Peyton Manning is the exception, not the rule. If you don't build the offensive line, then you can bring thirty high draft pick quarterbacks and watch them all flop.

Offensive linemen are on the same curve as any other position. The likelihood of them starting effectively, fresh out of the draft, is as high as it is for other positions. The fact that the position has been underappreciated for so long would indicate otherwise, but if you know football, then you know how important blocking is to the game. Stud LTs don't hit the free agent market, so the best way to find one is within the draft.

Funny how you say bring in free agents to fill the offensive line, then suggest that we draft a quarterback, if we get a high enough draft pick. Then tell us how great the Browns will be, because they drafted a quarterback with their high pick. They drafted a LT with that high pick, then got the quarterback, with the 22nd pick.

The fact is that you don't have to have the top-whatever draft pick to become a winner. Those top picks have proven themselves to be a gamble, same as the later first round picks. For each Peyton Manning , there is a Tom Brady and a Ryan Leaf to show you show this.

"You play to win the game." I find this to be true, until the outcomes no longer matter. You think we are gonna suck, so you are already screaming uncle. I think we are gonna suck, but I'll wait until the battle is lost, before I am willing to throw in the towel.

As for the Steelers, if drafting seventh is high enough for your argument, then sit back, and STFU!!! You know we aren't good enough to wind-up any lower than that, right?

Here ya go... Rex Grossman - 22nd, Matt Hasselbeck - 6th round, Jake Delhomme - undrafted, Tom Brady - 6th round, Brad Johnson - 9th round, Peyton Manning - 1st, overall, Donovan Mcnabb - 2nd overall, Rich Gannon - 4th round, Kurt Warner - undrafted.

There ya have it. You obviously have to have a top-???( How far do you want to reach now?) quarterback, to be a competitor.

I know, you don't care if it is a top-??? tight end, they have to have a top-??? draft choice to win. Well, as easily as you can make that statement, I can say that I think you have to have a late third round draft pick on your roster, in order to be a contender. Every super bowl winner has had one.

Ya know, it would be nice to draft that high, but I don't want to see my team tap-out, because they got hit one time. At this time last year, how many people thought that the Saints were going to the NFC championship game? Maybe they should have waved the white flag, so they could get more top-??? draft picks.

Are you french?

Oh, I didn't choose the Cardinals, someone else did and then you made a case for them.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
31, your last post is exactly what i'm talking about...no foresight...none by the upper management or the fans. A franchise doesn't play to win just THIS season. If that was the case, we wouldn't be starting so many rookie and 2nd year players and why we almost had a 2nd year QB starting and not a QB that made a few Pro Bowls. The Chiefs are finally showing some foresight and it started with Herm Edwards.

I know Manning is the exception, but should we go back the last decade and compare QBs to OL taken in the top 10 in the draft? i guess every team who took a QB in the top 10 doesn't know what they're doing. There's a reason they take QBs so high...you don't typically want a mid to late round draft pick leading your team. Brady is the exception...he was a back up first by the way.

Our line doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs an upgrade. The middle 3 are stout. So are our TEs. We don't know how good/bad this line is until later in the season. We haven't really seen what McIntosh can do and Terry was a solid pro before his suspension...as was Turley before his injury. Everyone keeps jumping on this O-line like it's the worst in the league. I just don't see it. I think it's average, which to spoiled Chiefs fans who have seen hall of fame lines this past decade, the O-line looks awful. that's just not the case. A bad O-line gives up record breaking sack totals like the Texans did a couple years back. We're not there and fans are overreacting to the O-line.

A QB early in round one would be the best bet and then we could take an OT early in round 2 if we decide the line can't hold up. But QB needs to be the priority if we get a top 5 or 10 DP....

I'm not sold that Herm's THAT committed to Croyle. He pretty much said if Quinn had been on the board one pick longer, he'd be a Chief.

chief31
09-14-2007, 04:47 PM
31, your last post is exactly what i'm talking about...no foresight...none by the upper management or the fans. A franchise doesn't play to win just THIS season. If that was the case, we wouldn't be starting so many rookie and 2nd year players and why we almost had a 2nd year QB starting and not a QB that made a few Pro Bowls. The Chiefs are finally showing some foresight and it started with Herm Edwards.

I know Manning is the exception, but should we go back the last decade and compare QBs to OL taken in the top 10 in the draft? i guess every team who took a QB in the top 10 doesn't know what they're doing. There's a reason they take QBs so high...you don't typically want a mid to late round draft pick leading your team. Brady is the exception...he was a back up first by the way.

Our line doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs an upgrade. The middle 3 are stout. So are our TEs. We don't know how good/bad this line is until later in the season. We haven't really seen what McIntosh can do and Terry was a solid pro before his suspension...as was Turley before his injury. Everyone keeps jumping on this O-line like it's the worst in the league. I just don't see it. I think it's average, which to spoiled Chiefs fans who have seen hall of fame lines this past decade, the O-line looks awful. that's just not the case. A bad O-line gives up record breaking sack totals like the Texans did a couple years back. We're not there and fans are overreacting to the O-line.

A QB early in round one would be the best bet and then we could take an OT early in round 2 if we decide the line can't hold up. But QB needs to be the priority if we get a top 5 or 10 DP....

I'm not sold that Herm's THAT committed to Croyle. He pretty much said if Quinn had been on the board one pick longer, he'd be a Chief.

As long as you want to be a loser, I can't argue with you. I want to be a winner. You believe that you have to be a loser, to be a winner and I don't. I've seen it happen. Year after year it happens. You want us to become cowards and I don't. It isn't neccessary.

What kind of person gives-up before the fight has started? A punk, right?

texaschief
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
LMFAO!!!! that's all you have to say?!! omg.... and here i was thinking you could present a lucid argument. stupid me.

and tell me, when have you seen us go from a mediocre team to a Super Bowl contestant?

and trust me, i don't want to be a loser, but this year, it's a reality. it's too bad y'all want to stick your heads in the sand and act like it isn't happening...this is still a fun team to watch. we're watching the future grow and mature. it's an exciting time in Kansas City, it's just not appreciated...and that's a shame.

chief31
09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
stupid me.

'Nuff said.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 05:03 PM
so clever.

chief31
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
If being a cowardly b**** is the only way to be a winner.....

Nope. I don't see it.

I like how you try to force me into telling you when the Chiefs have been recent Super Bowl competitors, after I state that I see teams become Super Bowl competitors every year.
when have you seen us go from a mediocre team to a Super Bowl contestant?
It's like you are trying to quote me, but adding some words. That is marvelous!!! So then, cleary you remember seeing us win a Super Bowl, after the last time we had a top-???? draft pick, right?

texaschief
09-14-2007, 05:18 PM
If being a cowardly b**** is the only way to be a winner.....

Nope. I don't see it.

I like how you try to force me into telling you when the Chiefs have been recent Super Bowl competitors, after I state that I see teams become Super Bowl competitors every year. It's like you are trying to quote me, but adding some words. That is marvelous!!! So then, cleary you remember seeing us win a Super Bowl, after the last time we had a top-???? draft pick, right?

name callin...mature.

chief31
09-14-2007, 05:22 PM
name callin...mature.

If giving up at 0-1 doesn't fit that description.... Oh, but it does.

Like I stated before, you are ready to give up after getting hit once. (I'm pretty sure you were ready to give up before getting hit once.)

I'll take it back, if you have a more accurate word to describe it.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL...it's ok...you can tell me i was right after the season.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
i'll play sig games with you all day if that what you want.

chief31
09-14-2007, 05:34 PM
LOL...it's ok...you can tell me i was right after the season.

Here's what you don't seem to get...

I think we are going to stink!!!! I think we will wind-up with a very high draft pick!!!

The only difference is that I refuse to "tap-out" until I feel that all hope is lost.

You seem to think that this team is better than what i do and you want to give up before starting. Playing for a draft pick, at the beginning of the season, is cowardly. Take it as a personal insult, if you feel like it. But it is a fact, not an opinion. Look it up.

As far as the B**** thing, it is more directed at what you want our team to be.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 05:42 PM
so, when will "all hope be lost" for you? after we start 0-4, 0-6, 1-8? We have incredible talent on this team and when we finally get a consistent QB and perhaps a new OC, you'll see we can be pretty good. You're right. i thought we were going to be horrible ever since the draft ended. I hoped we would've traded LJ and picked up some more draft picks either in 07 or 08. By the time this team gets around to being a contender, LJ PROBABLY won't be a factor any longer and could've been more valuable to the franchise as a trade piece.

I don't want the Chiefs to play for losses. I'm just saying they are going to lose a lot. which, in turn will help the franchise reach it's ultumate goal.

chief31
09-14-2007, 05:52 PM
so, when will "all hope be lost" for you? after we start 0-4, 0-6, 1-8? We have incredible talent on this team and when we finally get a consistent QB and perhaps a new OC, you'll see we can be pretty good. You're right. i thought we were going to be horrible ever since the draft ended. I hoped we would've traded LJ and picked up some more draft picks either in 07 or 08. By the time this team gets around to being a contender, LJ PROBABLY won't be a factor any longer and could've been more valuable to the franchise as a trade piece.

I don't want the Chiefs to play for losses. I'm just saying they are going to lose a lot. which, in turn will help the franchise reach it's ultumate goal.

now, everything here was sensible. I have had the exact same feelings about the Chiefs this year. But while you are saying that you aren't saying that you "want the Chiefs to play for losses" you "were" saying that.

I too wanted to see us trade away L.J. He was at peak-value and will never again have as much value.

The only reason I got on your *** to begin with, was because when you were arguing with Rbedgood, you chose to include the rest of the site, by calling them "Girlfriends".

I think we agree on alot more, regarding the Chiefs, than what it may have first appeared.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 06:08 PM
i've never said they should play to lose...i have however said the best we can hope for as chiefs fans is for as few wins as possible so that we can get a high draft choice. if we're not making the playoffs, we want as few wins as possible. in doing so, it may make the Chief base rise up and collectively call for CPs head, because i for one don't want Carl to have the resonsibility of deciding who our top draft choice should be.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Let me show him how to deal with this!!!! I think I am qualified!!!! LOL!

chief31
09-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Let me show him how to deal with this!!!! I think I am qualified!!!! LOL!

Oh, you want some?!?!?!?!?! :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:07 PM

I agree with quite a few of your points but even if we draft #1 or 2, who's to say they will take a QB? I think they took one last season. I personally think it was a wasted pick because I don't think Croyle will amount to anything but a back up but I'm not exactly sure there is a "super" QB in this years draft. A lot of decent ones but not sure about "super".

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Even if we drafted some stud at QB, do you guys think Herm would actually open up the playbook enough for him to shine?

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh, you want some?!?!?!?!?! :lol:

Are you kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too wanted to see us trade away L.J. He was at peak-value and will never again have as much value

This statement intrigues me a little. On one hand you say you want the Chiefs to be competitive this season and on the other hand you say you think they should have traded him.
Just like last season, there is no way in hell we would be competitive w/out him so I don't quite understand.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 07:20 PM

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!

Bye week is week 8...so can't have 10 games in the books at the bye week...extrapulating your percentages, I assume you'll guess something around 2-5?!

chief31
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM

I too wanted to see us trade away L.J. He was at peak-value and will never again have as much value

This statement intrigues me a little. On one hand you say you want the Chiefs to be competitive this season and on the other hand you say you think they should have traded him.
Just like last season, there is no way in hell we would be competitive w/out him so I don't quite understand.

When the fight starts, yes, fight like hell!!!

When preparing for the fight, maybe handicapping ourselves for one round, will help us to win the fight, in the second round. The off-season is for positioning yourself for the long-haul. The regular season is for trying to win. Giving it your best shot.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:29 PM

When preparing for the fight, maybe handicapping ourselves for one round, will help us to win the fight, in the second round. The off-season is for positioning yourself for the long-haul. The regular season is for trying to win. Giving it your best shot.

If we would have traded him would you have conceeded even more than now that we would be terrible?

Just wondering because I think with a few improvements, we can be competitive again sooner than later.
With the way free agents are going now days, if the organization will unlock the chastity belt from the check book, we could get some guys in here that would help our team. Although some great players were just picked up this season in the FA market, there will be more in the next couple of years. Coupled with the fact that we will have a high draft pick this next year, I think that resigning LJ was a good move.

chief31
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
If we would have traded him would you have conceeded even more than now that we would be terrible?

Just wondering because I think with a few improvements, we can be competitive again sooner than later.
With the way free agents are going now days, if the organization will unlock the chastity belt from the check book, we could get some guys in here that would help our team. Although some great players were just picked up this season in the FA market, there will be more in the next couple of years. Coupled with the fact that we will have a high draft pick this next year, I think that resigning LJ was a good move.

I think this path is a little bit cleared for us already. (As we have walked this path before.)

But I am already with little hope for this season, and would have liked to see a little more hope, for the next couple of seasons. Which would have been visible with a few more first-day draft picks, for L.J. I see this rebuild as a two year project, because of the fact that we chose to put-off drafting any offensive line help, for the past two offseasons. Leaving L.J. as a waste, in my eyes.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 07:39 PM

If you make the decision in the offseason to trade your star RB you are essentially saying your gonna take your lumps for the year. Once you signed him and brought him in for big $$, in theory you're making a statement that you want to have a winning (playoff) season. Spending that kind of money on LJ isn't a bad invesment, but if you can't put the right personnel (including coaching) on the field to make the playoffs, then spending that kind of money on one player who only has a few years at the peak of his game left (2-3 years probably) seems wasteful.

If the Chiefs can go out and win 9+ games the decisions make sense as that at the very least will put them in the running for a playoff position. If they only win 6-8 then the decision is poor...less than 6 I can't see Carl and/or Herm keeping their jobs.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I think this path is a little bit cleared for us already. (As we have walked this path before.)

But I am already with little hope for this season, and would have liked to see a little more hope, for the next couple of seasons. Which would have been visible with a few more first-day draft picks, for L.J. I see this rebuild as a two year project, because of the fact that we chose to put-off drafting any offensive line help, for the past two offseasons. Leaving L.J. as a waste, in my eyes.

This is my point about opening the check book.

There's an O lineman in Mnnesota that is pretty good and was available two seasons ago and a fatass in Dallas that will be a probowl guard this season that was available as little as 3 months ago. I am one that personally thinks you can get some good O linemen on the FA market.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
If you make the decision in the offseason to trade your star RB you are essentially saying your gonna take your lumps for the year. Once you signed him and brought him in for big $$, in theory you're making a statement that you want to have a winning (playoff) season. Spending that kind of money on LJ isn't a bad invesment, but if you can't put the right personnel (including coaching) on the field to make the playoffs, then spending that kind of money on one player who only has a few years at the peak of his game left (2-3 years probably) seems wasteful.

If the Chiefs can go out and win 9+ games the decisions make sense as that at the very least will put them in the running for a playoff position. If they only win 6-8 then the decision is poor...less than 6 I can't see Carl and/or Herm keeping their jobs.

I hope you are right about this. If we do that poorly I'm going to send the witch-doctors after those 2 guys to bring me back some shrunken heads.

chief31
09-14-2007, 07:47 PM

I may have forgotten to add that I think L.J. is overrated. He only does one thing well, when I need a back who can do several things well. I believe that L.J.s numbers were inflated by the offensive line he ran behind, in '05 and still inflated, in '06 because of what was left of that offensive line and a large number of carries.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 07:49 PM
This is my point about opening the check book.

There's an O lineman in Mnnesota that is pretty good and was available two seasons ago and a fatass in Dallas that will be a probowl gulittle as 3 months ago. I am one that personally thinks you can get some good O linemen on the FA marketard this season that was available as .

I agree completely.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:52 PM

I don't think you would find too many in the know that would have agreed with trading LJ. Not sure you could get even value for him.

The team is too close to trade away their franchise player. There were so many FA out there that could have helped this team! I blame this on the organization more than Herm. I'm not exactly sure what kind of control Peterson has when it comes to writing checks but someone needs to spend what we have under the cap. Which is a lot!!! As far as drafting goes, Croyle was a wasted pick IMO. We definetly could have signed an O lineman or a defensive player.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I may have forgotten to add that I think L.J. is overrated. He only does one thing well, when I need a back who can do several things well. I believe that L.J.s numbers were inflated by the offensive line he ran behind, in '05 and still inflated, in '06 because of what was left of that offensive line and a large number of carries.

WOW!! I think you just described 31 RB's!

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't know that Croyle was a wasted pick...but when you take a QB in the 2nd round you have to figure he'll be a back up for at least 2-3 years. With very rare exception.

chief31
09-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think you would find too many in the know that would have agreed with trading LJ. Not sure you could get even value for him.

The team is too close to trade away their franchise player. There were so many FA out there that could have helped this team! I blame this on the organization more than Herm. I'm not exactly sure what kind of control Peterson has when it comes to writing checks but someone needs to spend what we have under the cap. Which is a lot!!! As far as drafting goes, Croyle was a wasted pick IMO. We definetly could have signed an O lineman or a defensive player.

That's just it. I think that his "value" was overly high. Not getting that value, in trade wouldn't be a great loss, because of what I feel is his actual value. It would have been easy to get his actual value in trade. (Most likely.)

WOW!! I think you just described 31 RB's!

A) I think you may be guilty of some exaggeration.

B) Yeah... That would make L.J average, right?

There was nothing in the way of a left tackle available this past offseason.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
We may not have recieved fair value for LJ, but we got have gotten a sweet package from Green Bay. Like a starting CB, a 1st RD pick and perhaps more. I remember when Denver did this kind of thing with Portis...seemed to work out ok for them. Re-signing LJ was one last desperate attempt to win games by Carl Peterson. Same reason why we've got Huard starting and not Croyle. He knows he's gone if he has a losing season.

Keep Herm Edwards. He's doing a good job building this team the right way. Defense first. If we had traded LJ, it would be a little easier to re-build the offense with a couple extra picks. Then, after this poor season, we could have 2 first round picks and maybe even 2 second rounders to draft a QB, OT, CB, and RB if Smith and Bennett can't pick up the slack. 5 or 6 first day picks would go a long way to improving this team than keeping LJ and banking that Brodie (a 3rd round pick) is the future of this team.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 09:01 PM
We may not have recieved fair value for LJ, but we got have gotten a sweet package from Green Bay. Like a starting CB, a 1st RD pick and perhaps more. I remember when Denver did this kind of thing with Portis...seemed to work out ok for them. Re-signing LJ was one last desperate attempt to win games by Carl Peterson. Same reason why we've got Huard starting and not Croyle. He knows he's gone if he has a losing season.

Keep Herm Edwards. He's doing a good job building this team the right way. Defense first. If we had traded LJ, it would be a little easier to re-build the offense with a couple extra picks. Then, after this poor season, we could have 2 first round picks and maybe even 2 second rounders to draft a QB, OT, CB, and RB if Smith and Bennett can't pick up the slack. 5 or 6 first day picks would go a long way to improving this team than keeping LJ and banking that Brodie (a 3rd round pick) is the future of this team.

You think a starting CB and a 1st round pick is sufficient??? That blows my mind!

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 09:05 PM
That's just it. I think that his "value" was overly high. Not getting that value, in trade wouldn't be a great loss, because of what I feel is his actual value. It would have been easy to get his actual value in trade. (Most likely.)

A) I think you may be guilty of some exaggeration.

B) Yeah... That would make L.J average, right?

There was nothing in the way of a left tackle available this past offseason.

Ok....28 or so.

I don't think the list ends at LT as you do. Do you think Hutchinson or fatass Davis could have helped this team? One of those guys would have helped our line dramatically. Two years, just two of mentioned that we passed on. There were several more.

texaschief
09-14-2007, 09:26 PM
You think a starting CB and a 1st round pick is sufficient??? That blows my mind!

for a 27/28 year old RB, yeah. How many years do you think he's going to be a super stud?!! especially as bad as everyone thinks the O-line is. a CB can contribute for many more years....as can another #1 draft pick. I don't see LJ as a guy who will be here for 5 more years...and i don't see LJ ever playing in a Super Bowl with this team. If he does play, it'll be situational and he wont be THE GUY; he'll be too old.

DrunkHillbilly
09-14-2007, 09:45 PM
for a 27/28 year old RB, yeah. How many years do you think he's going to be a super stud?!! especially as bad as everyone thinks the O-line is. a CB can contribute for many more years....as can another #1 draft pick. I don't see LJ as a guy who will be here for 5 more years...and i don't see LJ ever playing in a Super Bowl with this team. If he does play, it'll be situational and he wont be THE GUY; he'll be too old.

JMO but I don't think there is a team in the league that would have traded him for a corner and a first round pick!

texaschief
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
there's some bad blood in this thread, but i promised to bring it up during our bye week and i forgot. My bad. Also, we're not 3-7 like i predicted....but we're not far off.

I didn't get to see how Thigpen looked today but Brodie has looked decent this season and i wouldn't suggest drafting a QB in the first round but being in the top 5 or 10 in the draft will go a long way in rebuilding our O-line.

tammietailgator
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree... dont get a QB... we really have one and maybe another. We do really need O line people that just dont stand around and dont let the RB through - getting are QB sacked. After seeing todays paper (KC Star) I would be worried if I were carl

McLovin
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree... dont get a QB... we really have one and maybe another. We do really need O line people that just dont stand around and dont let the RB through - getting are QB sacked. After seeing todays paper (KC Star) I would be worried if I were carl

What did the KC Star say. That may be a nice twist to perk some Chiefs fans up.

tammietailgator
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
What did the KC Star say. That may be a nice twist to perk some Chiefs fans up.
Carl's Bad Karma by Adam Theicher

Chiefs are a long shot for the playoffs and haven't won there in nearly 14 years, but Peterson still feel successful.

"His point: Many of the reasons the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in almost 14 years, since beating the Houston Oilers 28-20 on Jan 16, 1994, are out of one man's control" (Teicher)

Peterson is in rare territory for a general manager. Playoff success normally eludes a GM for only so long before changes are made. Only Mike Brown, now in his 17th season as the Cinncinnati Bengals' team pres., has a longer current streak. (Teicher)

McLovin
12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Clark could absolutely get some points with the fans by cleaning house, bring in someone (Cower Maybe and a new GM) and have them clean house on the team. Bring back the massive respect from the football world KC deserves.

Coach
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Clark could absolutely get some points with the fans by cleaning house, bring in someone (Cower Maybe and a new GM) and have them clean house on the team. Bring back the massive respect from the football world KC deserves.

People keep bringing up Cowher's name. Has he hinted in any way that he would like to get back into football? I have not ready anything of the sort.

McLovin
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM
People keep bringing up Cowher's name. Has he hinted in any way that he would like to get back into football? I have not ready anything of the sort.

He hasn't said he is thinking of coming back to coaching at all, but a guy can dream cant he.

My thoughts are with the defensive football that the Chiefs seem to want to play and with Cowher being from the KC tree that he would be a good fit for the position. Also with the fact that he is probably the most successful former head coach that is even in the area of thinking might come back, I am thinking this is a good way to dream.

tornadospotter
12-02-2007, 11:23 PM
FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
Clark, Say good bye to Carl! Keep Herm for now, it is unfair to fire him when he came into a aging team, retirement on the O-line is not his fault. Carl knew, He knew that Roaf and Will were going to retire! Carl has the last word on how the team is going to draft, or acquire FA's. Good Bye Carl, enjoy your retirement on the chiefs millions that you have been paid for not giving us a Super Bowl team!

rbedgood
12-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Tornado,

You've had championship caliber teams in a few of those 20 years, but I would say that the track record in recent years is poor enough to justify the firing you're calling for. I would say at the very least 1993 you guys were "Contenders"...however that was 14 years ago, and no GM should have a free pass for as many years as Queen Carl has.

tammietailgator
12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Tornado,

You've had championship caliber teams in a few of those 20 years, but I would say that the track record in recent years is poor enough to justify the firing you're calling for. I would say at the very least 1993 you guys were "Contenders"...however that was 14 years ago, and no GM should have a free pass for as many years as Queen Carl has.
Goood grief NO.... it has been since 1993 and all carl can speak of is patting himself on the back for a few of the draft picks - they dont even matter if he is not going to draft somebody to replace shields and roaf. These guys now just stand around if anyone noticed. REBUILD!!!!

rbedgood
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Goood grief NO.... it has been since 1993 and all carl can speak of is patting himself on the back for a few of the draft picks - they dont even matter if he is not going to draft somebody to replace shields and roaf. These guys now just stand around if anyone noticed. REBUILD!!!!

Tammie,

Read my post before reacting. I said I agree Carl shouldn't be getting a free ride 14 years later.

tammietailgator
12-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Tammie,

Read my post before reacting. I said I agree Carl shouldn't be getting a free ride 14 years later.
I did read your post and carl hasnt done anything since.... even al davis has him beat, but he is ancient and has been working the teams since 1963 or something like that. I wasn't downing you, only queen carl.
:lol:

rbedgood
12-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I did read your post and carl hasnt done anything since.... even al davis has him beat, but he is ancient and has been working the teams since 1963 or something like that. I wasn't downing you, only queen carl.

Sorry, I thought you were suggesting that I was protecting the ineptitude of Carl. I was only setting the record straight from the previous post...

I agree Carl should be fired, and the new GM should make a decision on Herm. At the very least Herm should lose some control over the offense.

hermhater
12-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Sorry, I thought you were suggesting that I was protecting the ineptitude of Carl. I was only setting the record straight from the previous post...

I agree Carl should be fired, and the new GM should make a decision on Herm. At the very least Herm should lose some control over the offense.

Is that an understatement, or are you worried about the Chiefs being contenders against the 9ers next year?

rbedgood
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Is that an understatement, or are you worried about the Chiefs being contenders against the 9ers next year?

Seeing as the only way the Chiefs and 49ers would play next year is in the Super Bowl, I'm not overly worried about that. The 49ers are atrocious and don't even have a 1st round pick next year (traded to New England)

hermhater
12-04-2007, 10:13 PM

Seeing as the only way the Chiefs and 49ers would play next year is in the Super Bowl, I'm not overly worried about that. The 49ers are atrocious and don't even have a 1st round pick next year (traded to New England)

I meant contenders for worst record in the NFL!

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I meant contenders for worst record in the NFL!

Miami's shootin for another perfect record. :lol:

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 10:58 PM
I thought I heard some really spooky statistics regarding that. Anyone else?

Canada
12-05-2007, 08:01 AM

Miami will be the only team to beat New England this year!!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Miami will be the only team to beat New England this year!!! :bananen_smilies046:

What; and tarnish their perfect record???

timsatt1
12-05-2007, 05:52 PM

...which team's perfect record are you referring to? miami or new england?

Canada
12-05-2007, 06:11 PM

Perfection ruining perfection....thus ruining perfection!!

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
...which team's perfect record are you referring to? miami or new england?

Yes! :D

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Perfection ruining perfection....thus ruining perfection!!

Eggsactly!

texaschief
03-13-2008, 04:41 AM
IIIIII.......don't want to draft another QB. Croyle will be fine.

hermhater
03-13-2008, 04:46 AM
IIIIII.......don't want to draft another QB. Croyle will be fine.

And you're point is...

Oh yeah, everything you ever said was right.

texaschief
03-13-2008, 04:51 AM
And you're point is...

Oh yeah, everything you ever said was right.

:lol: :lol: You're finally getting it....dumb@$$

hermhater
03-13-2008, 04:55 AM
:lol: :lol: You're finally getting it....dumb@$$

"I may be stupid, but I'm not smart!"

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
"I may be stupid, but I'm not smart!"

I maybe old, but I'm not young. :11:

anaeelbackwards
03-13-2008, 01:50 PM

i think everyone and their momma knows that.

Canada
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM

I may be tall but I am not HH :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
03-14-2008, 02:04 AM

Since your senile I'll let it slide. :wink:

i think everyone and their momma knows that.

And their brothers dog...

I may be tall but I am not HH :bananen_smilies046:

You on the other hand should have understood it only works when you are talking about mental ability.

I am stupid and if I say but I'm not smart is moronic.

You saying you're taller than me is just gloating.

You're mean and I'm gonna tell my mom!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Canada
03-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Sissy

hermhater
03-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Sissy

That hurts.

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Say hello to Marty and the Doc for me.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 05:29 AM
Say hello to Marty and the Doc for me.

I'm not sure who's moching whom at this point, but I'll bet one of the C/C's will post something funny.

Chiefster?

Canada?

I'm still waiting for you guys to post something funny... and I've been here a while...

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Sissy

That hurts.

The truth usually does!! :D

Canada
03-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure who's moching whom at this point, but I'll bet one of the C/C's will post something funny.

Chiefster?

Canada?

I'm still waiting for you guys to post something funny... and I've been here a while...

Let me clear it up for you...we are all moching you!! :beer:

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Let me clear it up for you...we are all moching you!! :beer:

Yep, just as I thought.

Friggin' hilarious!

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Since your senile I'll let it slide...http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

I maybe senile but I'm not cognitive.

hermhater
03-18-2008, 03:12 AM
I maybe senile but I'm not cognitive.

I may be an ***, but I'm not nice.

tornadospotter
03-18-2008, 03:16 AM
I may be an ***, but I'm not nice.
I am nice, but also an ***!

hermhater
03-18-2008, 03:22 AM
I am nice, but also an ***!