PDA

View Full Version : I stumbled upon this mock draft

whatwasthat?
01-29-2010, 01:48 PM
i cant say i would hate it if this was our real draft although i think we need to draft a safety

Kansas City Chiefs Seven-Round Mock Draft at a Glance | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/335330-kansas-city-chiefs-7-round-mock-draft-at-a-glance)

MDChiefs!
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
I love the mock actually...true we do need a safety, but if we can fill the rest of the staple positions in our D now, then when we do drop our franchise safety in there he will have a much better chance to succeed from the get go. Plus, improving our front 7 will automatically help our safties just because they wont be picking up the slack from our front 7 all the time. We also need a WR somewhere too...but all in all Love this draft.

MDChiefs!
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
The big (BIG) question right now is with Cody....he has alot weighing (haha) on his combine

whatwasthat?
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
lol pun intended

chief31
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
1) Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama

To me this is a no-brainer. McClain may be the greatest game-changing linebacker to come into this league in years. Although he is not the speed rusher at Alabama that Derrick Thomas was, he is a much more powerful hitter. He'll be a force in this league.
McClain overpowers blockers at the point and can penetrate the line, blow up plays in the backfield, and throw linemen to the ground. He is also very smart, understands the game, and frequently lines up players on defense.
KC needs an impact player at a much-needed position. He will make an instant impact, just like Junior Seau did coming out, and yes, ILBs can be game changers too. That defense has to start stuffing the run, and he's a great start.

2) Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
Some scouts like this guy so much, they think he can go as high as No. 18 to the Steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers). Easily the best center in the draft. At 6'5", 300 lbs., he has the size this line hasn't had in the last decade at this position. He is equally good as a run and pass blocker and is almost never on the ground. After having Rudy Niswanger, getting this guy is like hitting the lottery.

2) Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
Yes, that's right. DraftScout has him at No. 50, which means KC can get him at this spot, and here it is worth the risk. Huge 370-lb. NT that you would think is a guy to build around, but that's not the case. This player has a lot of issues and tires too easily. He was used in a rotation at Alabama and may be a one-down player. His weight will always be an issue.
A lot depends on interviews and whether teams believe he is really serious about the game. Even so, guys this large are hard to come by. Unlike Ted Washington (http://bleacherreport.com/washington-redskins), Cody is fat rather than solid rock.

3) Arthur Jones, NT, Syracuse
That's right—two NTs back to back. Jones started out the season on the light side and still only weighs about 300 lbs., but he plays much bigger. He uses his quickness to beat OLs off the snap and has the power to draw the double team. He was a true NT with Syracuse's 3-4 defense.
That Cody/Jones combo will anchor the line for years to come. Jones' TFL were off the charts as a junior.

4) Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina (http://bleacherreport.com/carolina-panthers)
Now here is a guy who knows how to rush the passer! Many compare him to Steeler Pro Bowler James Harrison, and Pittsburgh may trade up to get him. Blessed with tremendous explosion off the snap, he is extremely difficult to block. College coaches had to game plan around him. He will have to adjust to the position and is only 6'1", but that shouldn't matter. Elvis Dumervil is 5'11".
Norwood does a great job converting his speed into power and gaining leverage at the point. He will have to learn dropping into pass coverage more effectively, but with his rushing skills, he's hard to pass up.

5) Ciron Black, OT/OG, LSU
There was a time Black was considered the top OT in the country. That time has passed. The good news is that he can play either RG or RT for the Chiefs and has the power to push back defensive linemen and stop them in their tracks. In workouts he did very well one on one when matched with Cody.
The bad news is he has almost no mobility, which hurts KC because they want Jamaal Charles in space to take advantage of his speed. Even so, being able to stand ground as a pass rusher is his main calling card, and he has the potential to be a great run blocker. He is just too good to pass up this late.

5) Antonio Brown, WR/Punt Returner, Central Michigan

Great slot receiver. Despite being only 5'10", 180, he is very durable, missing almost no games due to injury. His production is off the charts, averaging 100 catches a year over the past three years. Obviously, he has great hands and the speed to go with it. This again is great value at this point.

5) Jonathan Jerry, OT, Ole Mississippi
6'4", 335, he was considered to be one of the top OGs in the nation, but injuries, among other issues, have seen his stock drop. Only recently is he showing the god-given talent he was born with. Peria's younger brother, he can play OG or OT. Despite his massive size, he can pull and trap and can deliver a blow.

6) LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
Was suspended this year for sucker-punching an opposing player, but he is a beast. When you consider Charles' shoulder surgery this upcoming week, a second back is more important than ever.
Blount is a powerful between the tackles runner. If Charles goes down, Blount can play in a one-back system. If Charles is healthy, Blount can be No. 2. If Blount turns out to be a punk, then no one will touch him.

6) Antonio Coleman, OLB, Auburn
This guy is the steal of the draft. Coleman played end in college but has shown the ability to drop into coverage. He is an outstanding pass rusher with 10 sacks this year alone despite being double-teamed and badly injured. The only reason they have him this low is because they are concerned about speed, which is why the workouts and combine are so important to him.

Management has made it clear they want winners and leaders. Many of these players have that, and that's a start.
Just adding the actual picks so you don't have to use the link to see them.

KottkeKU
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
i think Terrence Cody will plummet all the way to the 4th round. maybe even the 5th.

javarick
02-01-2010, 04:20 AM
2 nose tackles? Huh? I know we need one, but move Dorsey back to nose, sign or draft a DE and go from there.

We need a safety, Wide Receivers, and well everything after that

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
This would be a horrible, horrible draft. Almost every single pick has us taking someone above their proper value. McClain, in my opinion, is not necessarily worthy of a top five pick.

Also, the Cody pick is absolutely terrible. I am saying there is no way they take Cody. If they wanted Dorsey to lose weight, they won't bother with tubbs mcgoo.

In case anyone missed it, we still don't have a legit number one receiver. We have an EXCELLENT number two in Bowe, but he is not the guy we need him to be. Too many easy passes dropped.

Coach
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
LeGarrette Blount will not make it to the 6th round. I'll bet $50 on that. Any takers?

Fansincebirth
02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Not after the senior bowl. Do not want him anyway. He has talent and will play well in the NFL. Very few people get over anger issues. He needs to go to Dallas or Denver where it is ok to be a problem child.

Fansincebirth
02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
2 nose tackles? Huh? I know we need one, but move Dorsey back to nose, sign or draft a DE and go from there.

We need a safety, Wide Receivers, and well everything after that
I agree that there are weight problems with Cody. But no team lost more weight last year than the chiefs. If he falls in the draft and they thought they could get him with the Atlanta pick in the second they would jump on him there. I would exspect the chiefs may be looking at Dan Williams very hard. Possably even Cam Thomas out of NC.

kcmostwanted
02-01-2010, 06:28 PM
This would be a horrible, horrible draft. Almost every single pick has us taking someone above their proper value. McClain, in my opinion, is not necessarily worthy of a top five pick.

Also, the Cody pick is absolutely terrible. I am saying there is no way they take Cody. If they wanted Dorsey to lose weight, they won't bother with tubbs mcgoo.

In case anyone missed it, we still don't have a legit number one receiver. We have an EXCELLENT number two in Bowe, but he is not the guy we need him to be. Too many easy passes dropped.

So are you saying we draft Dez Bryant instead of McClain????

Actually, I think McClain would be an excellent pick anywhere from #5 - #10. If we can trade down to grab him...even better!

The 2 NT draft would make sense but would not be very popular (they did draft 2 DE's.. Jackson and Macgee ..back-to-back so I wouldn't be surprised but I'm crossing my fingers)

I'd rather see:
1. McClain - OLB
2. Iupati or Asamoah - OG
2. Pouncey - C
3. George Selvie - DE/OLB .. or any good Pass rusher

And grab someone like Linval Joseph (NT East Carolina 6'6" 322... use to be 371lbs) in the 5th or something..

Antonio Brown in the 5th looks good

I also agree that La. Blount isn't going to be around after the 3rd or 4th round.

Also, Jon Jerry seems to have made a name for himself at the senior bowl so his stock might be going up as well.

whatwasthat?
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
iupati was awful in the senior bowl...he looked overwhelmed

pbatrucker
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
iupati was awful in the senior bowl...he looked overwhelmed
Only when they were playing him at LT, a position he had not played until the senior bowl. When at OG he was a beast.

whatwasthat?
02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
i made it a mission to watch him and even at guard he was getting beat and getting holding penalties

whatwasthat?
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM

TJ was not worthy of a top 5 pick either...