PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents for KC

Fansincebirth
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I have seen alot of talk about going out and getting some Free Agents to fill holes. That we have such a low salery compared to other teams, which is true because we are such a young team, and should spend money on Free Agents. I don't see that there will be much there for the taking. My question is: Who do you think will not resign with current team that would be worth going after? Thanks:feedback:

matthewschiefs
02-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Peppers from the panters is unlikely to return to them. he would help with the pass rush.

Connie Jo
02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
There are many Free Agents in 2010, but I don't have much knowledge as to which ones might not want to re-sign with their current team.

The Free Agent I would like to see the Chiefs acquire, and do believe without doubt he would be beneficial to the Chiefs in many aspects...is: T-Rich!

Fansincebirth
02-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I will agree Peppers is a good player. But he is a 4-3 end. He would have the same reaction to comming here and being an end in our 3-4 system as Haynesworth is haveing in Washington. He doesn't have the speed, and is too big to be and OLB. Great player, just doesnt fit here IMO

MDChiefs!
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Peppers takes too many plays off and he has never played OLB in the 3-4 before...we know he can rush the passer, but how is he dropping back in coverage and playing the run and waht not? I would rather throw the bank at someone under 30. no thanks

MDChiefs!
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I would like to see us grab Kirk Morrison if he is not re signed by Oakland. Young and talented...
edit: Also if Leigh Bodden is URFA I think he could show our young secondary alot

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
I will agree Peppers is a good player. But he is a 4-3 end. He would have the same reaction to comming here and being an end in our 3-4 system as Haynesworth is haveing in Washington. He doesn't have the speed, and is too big to be and OLB. Great player, just doesnt fit here IMO

Julius Peppers said a year ago that he wants to go to a 3-4 team and play outside linebacker.

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I agree with McD - Pepper's advancing in age and I'd prefer to build around a pass rusher like Elvis Dumervil, who WOULD be a free agent if the CBA got resolved. As it stands, he would be a RFA and would cost us a first round pick to sign him, not that the broncos would let him go.

The problem is the CBA - it vastly affects the free agents we would likely be going after.

My top free agents, if the CBA is resolved and 5 year vets become UFA -

1. DJ Williams
1B. Kirk Morrison

Either of these guys would be excellent additions. The AFC West has excellent young linebackers (except us) and it would be fantastic to steal one of these tackling machines from a division rival.

2. Elvis Dumervil - Duh - the sack leader from 2009 would be a free agent, but most likely will be stuck on the broncos another year.

3. Vince Wilfork. I am sure the Patriots are already trying to figure out what to do with him, especially after he called the team out on franchising him again.

4. Vincent Jackson/Miles Austin - either of these guys would break the bank, but would also be incredible players to get. Again, they'll be RFA without a new CBA. Honestly, I'd offer them a huge contract, and if it costs us a first rounder, then it does. They are better than any wide receiver we'd get in the first round, and Cassel needs help.

5. Lofa Tatupa - another killer linebacker who would be available.

6. Anthony Fasano. He has been inconsistent, but showed flashes in Miami of the talent that made him a first-day draft pick. With the tight end coach from Notre Dame (who coached up Fasano, Carleson, and now has another first day talent on the team) he might reach his potential.

josh1971
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Maybe that guy named Wiegman will jump ship from Denver...

hardcorechiefsfan
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure. Are the chiefs improved enough for a free agent to want to be with the chiefs?
In an update I got from Coach the chiefs seem to be doing much better than they were.
The chiefs can only get better but its a long road from being the team anyone can beat to a respectable team that makes the other teams shake in their cleats.

texaschief
02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Peppers wants to go to a 3-4 defense and the rumors are that the Patriots are interested in him. I don't think he'll go there because they are now running more a 4-3 than a 3-4. I can almost promise you that he'll end up on a 3-4 defense IF AND ONLY IF he's given the choice. If he's franchised and then traded, he'll go to the highest bidder. We do have a deep pocket book this off season and if all players hit the market, then adding Wilfork and Peppers would be a MAJOR plus for this defense. If that WERE to happen, it would pave the way for the Chiefs to move Dorsey.

tenacious
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Peppers may be the most athletic guy in the NFL. He would probably be able to make the transition to OLB easily. I would piss myself if we got him.

texaschief
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Speaking of "the most athletic player in the NFL"... Antonio Cromarite would be another GREAT pick up.

Fansincebirth
02-01-2010, 09:05 PM
What Peppers is saying is he wouldnt mind to go to a 3-4 or a 4-3. This is a player that is going to go where he can get the most money and win. And what if he cant change over to OLB. You have to move Hali to the left side and put him in coverage most of the time.

MDChiefs!
02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I
3. Vince Wilfork. I am sure the Patriots are already trying to figure out what to do with him, especially after he called the team out on franchising him again. Something tells me that if it comes down to it, they will just tage him and trade him just like they did with Cassel. I dont think NE is worried about being called out on the tag again

4. Vincent Jackson/Miles Austin - either of these guys would break the bank, but would also be incredible players to get. Again, they'll be RFA without a new CBA. Honestly, I'd offer them a huge contract, and if it costs us a first rounder, then it does. They are better than any wide receiver we'd get in the first round, and Cassel needs help. Vincent Jackson is very interesting...him and Malcom Floyd are both FA and im sure Floyd would come alot cheaper to the Chargers. We know how AJ smith feels about his players getting involved in those dumb off the fields incidents, maybe somehow VJ leaves SD without a contract offer. If not, maybe Floyd does whom I wouldnt mid going after either

wichitaj
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Peppers is a $20 million dollar a year guy. Id rather see us pick up two $10 million guys, you know eggs in a basket type.

matthewschiefs
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Peppers is a $20 million dollar a year guy. Id rather see us pick up two $10 million guys, you know eggs in a basket type.

That is very true. If we can find 2 guys that can give you what he would. If we cant find 2 guys that would be as good as what he would for the team then I still think hes a good fit. Just got to see who is all avalble come free agent time.

Fansincebirth
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I think that NE will give Wilfork his long term contract. I think if that wasn't their plan the wouldn't have let Seymore go.

lucky_lefty
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Speaking of "the most athletic player in the NFL"... Antonio Cromarite would be another GREAT pick up.

Hate to sound like a damaged record but, as a FSU alum w/ pretty good ties to the program (not that that has anything to do with this post) and still talk to a few players in the league, Tonio maxed out his potential year before last. He's too concerned about too many off the field things and isn't fully committed to the game like he should be. If it was his counterpart who was the FA (Jammer) I'd be all in but not with this guy. Hell, when they came here, dude was in the club the night BEFORE the game

MDChiefs!
02-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Joey Porter has gone public saying hes not happy in Miami and Miami made it clear how they felt about him last season....he can still play. Im sure he could be had for not too much, if hes not cut.

Chief Tyler
02-02-2010, 12:49 AM
I've a hard time coming to terms with a lot of the guys listed playing for new teams, especially the Chiefs. KC just isn't a high profile athlete town.

Anywho, here's my list in no particular order.

1. RB - Pierre Thomas or Mike Bell - NO has a deep backfield and is going to have to cut loose somebody, I bet it ends up being Bush though, and we certainly don't need him. Cadillac Williams could be an option too.
2. WR - Kevin Walter - Had a down year so he could come cheaper, still a solid number 2/one of the best 3's in the league.
Steave Breaston - I think he stays in Arizona for a long time and Boldin makes his way out, but it won't be this year. Still a possibility with a deep WR team like that.
Domenik Hixon - not too up to date on that situation.
3. LB - Aaron Kampman - if we want a converted rush linebacker, I think he is a better choice than Peppers who is already 30 and just now wanting to learn a new position. Kampman didn't do as bad as people think he did before his injury, and supposedly he is recovering okay.
Dumervile is a no-brainer, but if Denver lets him get away I'll put them down in my book as a dumber franchise than Oakland.
Tatupu was signed through 2015, so he's a no go.
4. OL - Jahri Evans, Jamaal Brown, Jermon Bushrod - The saints can't keep everybody happy!

Vandelay
02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Chris Chambers, I think he may have a little left in the tank.:chiefs:

Big Daddy Tek
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
If you thought that Tamba Hali and Elvis Dumervil looked good in 3-4 defenses, wait til you see Peppers. Not a chance in hel! that he would play DE.

Somebody will stand him up on the outside and he will kill QB's all season long.

The fact that people are questioning Peppers is laughable. He is coming off of a 10.5 sack year after only 14 starts and had 14 sacks the year before. He has created 5 forced fumbles two years in a row. The Chiefs don't currently have a player that can even breathe on this guy. He is the prize of free agency if the Panthers don't claim him.

MDChiefs!
02-02-2010, 03:02 AM
I dont know much his pass rushing skills were brought under question, but I would have questions as to how he plays in coverage and how he plays against the run...I wouldnt take the risk on him, not at 30, and not for the money hes going to want. However you look at it, he has still never played OLB in the 3-4 before. Personally, I would like to see us draft an OLB

If you thought that Tamba Hali and Elvis Dumervil looked good in 3-4 defenses, wait til you see Peppers. Not a chance in hel! that he would play DE.

Somebody will stand him up on the outside and he will kill QB's all season long.

The fact that people are questioning Peppers is laughable. He is coming off of a 10.5 sack year after only 14 starts and had 14 the year before. He is the prize of free agency if the Panthers don't claim him.

chief31
02-02-2010, 05:33 AM

The fact that people are questioning Peppers is laughable. He is coming off of a 10.5 sack year after only 14 starts and had 14 sacks the year before. He has created 5 forced fumbles two years in a row. The Chiefs don't currently have a player that can even breathe on this guy. He is the prize of free agency if the Panthers don't claim him.

I am in your camp for this one, BDT.

70 chiefsfan70
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
I would like to see Peppers too, but don't think hes worth no 20 mil. a year.
However we got to pick up some good usable players in the FA to become competitive.

pbatrucker
02-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I am in your camp for this one, BDT.
Me too!! Even at 280, Peppers is qquick enough to make the transition to OLB. Although at his saary he is not a Pioli type FA.

matthewschiefs
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I dont know much his pass rushing skills were brought under question, but I would have questions as to how he plays in coverage and how he plays against the run...I wouldnt take the risk on him, not at 30, and not for the money hes going to want. However you look at it, he has still never played OLB in the 3-4 before. Personally, I would like to see us draft an OLB

With Piolis draft history of getting good players late in the draft we could do both. Sign peppers and draft a OLB he would have pepeers to learn from that would help to speed up his devolpement. I dont think changeing his postions a big deal. You can either get to the Qb or you cant. I think it would be good for the chiefs if they could snatch him

fairladyZ
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Would be expensive but i think it would be well worth it. Dude has FREAK speed for how big he is and seems from all that i have watched on him he does just fine in coverage. Usually around the ball and making good tackles and picks. Last year he said he wanted a 3-4 system, no takers cause his salary was to high, now i believe he is only saying he is ok with a 4-3 cause he wants to leave somewhere else. With romeo here as a 3-4 guru and if we can get him a decent deal that makes him happy to be outta Carolina and in a 3-4 under romeo then i think he wouldn't hesitate to come here.

YouTube- Julius Peppers Highlights

I swear the guy has to have close 4.4 speed. he is FAST. His stats say 4.6 but looks faster than that

MDChiefs!
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I still dont like it. We would alot of money investd in a 30 yeard old that cant play the run...unfortunately Tamba isnt that good at playing the run either, and we cant have 2 OLB that cant play the run. I would rather have a true OLB there so we can count on them dropping back into coverage when asked. For the money, JP is a huge gamble...NE didnt even want him last season and look how bad theyre hurting for LBs. Plus, we cant really bank on getting starters past the 3rd round

fairladyZ
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
i think tamba did fine against the run. Hell if peppers and tamba can't play the run then vrabel sure as hell can't either.

who cares if he's 30. he still has ATLEAST 5 years left in the tank. if we got him for a good deal give him to me every day of the week. The dude is a freak. He will play the run just fine. Only reason people say he can't play the run is cause he is a rush DE that goes for the QB. Same with Tamba. He would do just fine.

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I've a hard time coming to terms with a lot of the guys listed playing for new teams, especially the Chiefs. KC just isn't a high profile athlete town.

Anywho, here's my list in no particular order.

1. RB - Pierre Thomas or Mike Bell - NO has a deep backfield and is going to have to cut loose somebody, I bet it ends up being Bush though, and we certainly don't need him. Cadillac Williams could be an option too.
2. WR - Kevin Walter - Had a down year so he could come cheaper, still a solid number 2/one of the best 3's in the league.
Steave Breaston - I think he stays in Arizona for a long time and Boldin makes his way out, but it won't be this year. Still a possibility with a deep WR team like that.
Domenik Hixon - not too up to date on that situation.
3. LB - Aaron Kampman - if we want a converted rush linebacker, I think he is a better choice than Peppers who is already 30 and just now wanting to learn a new position. Kampman didn't do as bad as people think he did before his injury, and supposedly he is recovering okay.
Dumervile is a no-brainer, but if Denver lets him get away I'll put them down in my book as a dumber franchise than Oakland.
Tatupu was signed through 2015, so he's a no go.
4. OL - Jahri Evans, Jamaal Brown, Jermon Bushrod - The saints can't keep everybody happy!

KC might not be a high profile CITY, but with Weis, Crennel, Pioli, and our cap room, there are plenty of reasons to sign with the chiefs.

The Saints will ditch Mike Bell if they lose anyone. Pierre Thomas is going to have a MONSTER year. He was awesome when he was healthy this year, and Reggie Bush is still a big playmaker in that system.

Breaston? Walter? We don't need a #2, we need a #1. Bowe just isn't an elite #1 wide receiver. besides, both of those guys were the #3 target on their teams. I like them both, but with Vincent Jackson and Miles Austin out there, you have to go for the brass ring.

I am anti-Peppers, because I don't think he's a good fit for where our team is right now. We need inside linebackers more than anything else on defense. If we could get a franchise left tackle in free agency, I'd say do it, but we'll have to address the offensive line in the draft.

fairladyZ
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Another RB FA that i'm suprised nobody has brought up is willis mcghee from the ravens. Dude is a good running back and it sound like the ravens are going to let him walk. Only thing i forsee causing an issue is the reason ravens are letting him go is because he wants to be #1 somewhere.

And I think we make a play on Brandon Marshall from the donks for our #1 and i would for sure welcome it

DC_Chiefsfan
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Another RB FA that i'm suprised nobody has brought up is willis mcghee from the ravens. Dude is a good running back and it sound like the ravens are going to let him walk. Only thing i forsee causing an issue is the reason ravens are letting him go is because he wants to be #1 somewhere.

And I think we make a play on Brandon Marshall from the donks for our #1 and i would for sure welcome it

absolutley! This guy is ridiculously talented. His attitude will calm down and he is the best wide receiver in the league in my book. He's a threat to catch the ball every time and he's an even bigger threat after he catches it. Plus he's only 26. If he's available and we don't go after him, then we have problems.

MDChiefs!
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Vrabel can play the run better than Tamba, even at his age because he has been playing the position alot longer. Personally I dont feel comfortable paying a 30 yr old 1st year OLB experiment $20 mil a year...regardless of how good of a pass rusher he is, none of us know how he will do anything else as an OLB. Plus, I dont know if you know the history on him, but we wont get a good deal on him. He is going where the $$$ is or New England...and NE said last year they were not interested in him as an OLB. I would rather us draft one

i think tamba did fine against the run. Hell if peppers and tamba can't play the run then vrabel sure as hell can't either.

who cares if he's 30. he still has ATLEAST 5 years left in the tank. if we got him for a good deal give him to me every day of the week. The dude is a freak. He will play the run just fine. Only reason people say he can't play the run is cause he is a rush DE that goes for the QB. Same with Tamba. He would do just fine.

MDChiefs!
02-02-2010, 09:28 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=123&f=1065&t=5543087&p=1

Look at how some panther fans feel about paying him that much to stay as a DE...and you guys want this guy playing a position he has not played before? He wants DE $$$ playing OLB and the guy still takes too many playes off...

fairladyZ
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
he will only get $20 million IF he is franchised by the panthers again. Which they will not do, or if they do they are stupid cause then they are stuck with him. I won't argue with you that he is worth 20 million because he is not. But he is 30 years old, has atleast 5 years left in him. So like i said earlier if we can get him for a good price, and get him out of carolina like he wants then i say we go for it. I would rather spend some good money on a FREAK of a OLB for 5 years than a rookie unknown that could be less than 2 years and then we just cut them.

matthewschiefs
02-02-2010, 11:42 PM

If Denver is wanting to get rid of him bad enought that they are willing to send him to a divison rival then I would take him I would try to send maybe our 2 number 2 picks denver has enought number 1s dont want them to get to good. :beat_DeadHorse: :densux: :chiefs3:

fairladyZ
02-02-2010, 11:46 PM
i meant our #1 receiver not our #1 pick. haha bad wording

Chief Tyler
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
KC might not be a high profile CITY, but with Weis, Crennel, Pioli, and our cap room, there are plenty of reasons to sign with the chiefs.

The Saints will ditch Mike Bell if they lose anyone. Pierre Thomas is going to have a MONSTER year. He was awesome when he was healthy this year, and Reggie Bush is still a big playmaker in that system.

Breaston? Walter? We don't need a #2, we need a #1. Bowe just isn't an elite #1 wide receiver. besides, both of those guys were the #3 target on their teams. I like them both, but with Vincent Jackson and Miles Austin out there, you have to go for the brass ring.

I am anti-Peppers, because I don't think he's a good fit for where our team is right now. We need inside linebackers more than anything else on defense. If we could get a franchise left tackle in free agency, I'd say do it, but we'll have to address the offensive line in the draft.

There was just as much reason to sign with KC last year as there will be this year and it didn't happen. The Patriots just don't hit the FA market hard like the Skins, Giants, Cowboys, ect. I don't think its going to change now, now matter how much you guys want it to.

Anyway, Jackson and Austin are RFA's as of now, only becoming UFA's if a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is reached, which according to ESPN isn't looking too good right now. I don't see the Cowboys or Chargers letting these guys slip away, especially Jackson after his Pro Bowl performance.

The coaching staff still stands behind Bowe, they haven't seen fit to give up on him, so I won't either. Bowe is still a physical freak and is coming up on a contract year, expect his play to improve over the next 2 seasons. Haley coached Breaston, so he's naturally going to gravitate towards him, Arizona is deep, and you'd be crazy not to think he's capable of being a number 2 guy. As for Walter, saying he wasn't the number 2 option for Schaub doesn't make it true, because...he was.

It's hard to predict what the Saints might do with their running back situation, but I think they get rid of Bush, even after his recent play. He's an overpaid injury risk.

Chief Tyler
02-03-2010, 01:20 AM
absolutley! This guy is ridiculously talented. His attitude will calm down and he is the best wide receiver in the league in my book. He's a threat to catch the ball every time and he's an even bigger threat after he catches it. Plus he's only 26. If he's available and we don't go after him, then we have problems.

Remember the last time the Chiefs signed a Diva to a long term deal? Last I checked he's playing in Cincy. I wouldn't mind a guy with the talent of BMarsh, and I fully believe he would be a decent teammate on and off the field as long as the going was good. There is no way I would feel comfortable throwing him long term money though, try as you might, you can't win 'em all. When that happens he'll be back to his crybaby self. Heck, the guy starts 6-0 and he loses his head after just a few losses (even though he does have to deal with McFailure, I think how he handles himself is pretty unprofessional).

matthewschiefs
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Remember the last time the Chiefs signed a Diva to a long term deal? Last I checked he's playing in Cincy. I wouldn't mind a guy with the talent of BMarsh, and I fully believe he would be a decent teammate on and off the field as long as the going was good. There is no way I would feel comfortable throwing him long term money though, try as you might, you can't win 'em all. When that happens he'll be back to his crybaby self. Heck, the guy starts 6-0 and he loses his head after just a few losses (even though he does have to deal with McFailure, I think how he handles himself is pretty unprofessional).

I would hope that IF and that is a big IF the Chiefs were to get him somehow then Pioli and Haley would have talked with him to see if he truley was as bad as some have made it sound. Sometimes the media can take something very little and blow it into something huge. But your right I dont want to have to deal with anther LJ next season. Hes shown some signs of haveing that in him. Just got to find out if with that new coach he just couldnt work things out. I dont recall many issues when shanahan was coaching but then again I dont realy pay much attention to what Denver is doing. :densux:

halfast
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I would like to see Brandon Marshall become a chief! The guy is a beast and we could use more more talent on offense, that would really give the chiefs some offensive threats with Charles, Bowe, and Marshall! Being that he will be a restricted free agent though I doubt the Donkeys will not likely trade him into the AFC West!

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
There was just as much reason to sign with KC last year as there will be this year and it didn't happen. The Patriots just don't hit the FA market hard like the Skins, Giants, Cowboys, ect. I don't think its going to change now, now matter how much you guys want it to.

It's hard to predict what the Saints might do with their running back situation, but I think they get rid of Bush, even after his recent play. He's an overpaid injury risk.

You are aware that we got two new coordinators, aren't you? Because they were NOT here last year.

We didn't even have a coaching staff during free agency.

jap1
02-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Here is a site that I use to look up free agents:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

They are posting all the FAs by position over the course of the week. Enjoy.

KottkeKU
02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice link jap1...

i would love to have Ben Watson at TE, Charlie Johnson (26 y/o tackle from IND), Eugene Amano from the Titans who can play Guard, Ray Edwards from MIN (hope they don't resign him but they will) and the big signing, Vince Wilfork....

wouldn't be too shabby after a decent draft and that FA offseason lol... (will never happen though)

matthewschiefs
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice link jap1...

i would love to have Ben Watson at TE, Charlie Johnson (26 y/o tackle from IND), Eugene Amano from the Titans who can play Guard, Ray Edwards from MIN (hope they don't resign him but they will) and the big signing, Vince Wilfork....

wouldn't be too shabby after a decent draft and that FA offseason lol... (will never happen though)

It is highly unlikey to get all of them but hopefuly we can pick up 1 or 2. That would be a start for this team. :chiefs3:

stevefuller
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
1)Vince Wilfork

2)Logan Mankins...draft Russ Okung(OT) at #5 and Mo Pouncey(C) at #36....

That would give us at o-line:
Okung/Waters/pouncey/Mankins/Albert

3)WR??
Breaston
What does anyone think of Josh Reed??
Vincent Jackson
Ben watson could help the offense

4)RB...need short yardage guy
Lendale White

Yes, Peppers is tempting i don't think he'ld sign with us
Wants togo to a contender for a ring

What about Shawn Merriman?

Karlos Dansby would help a weak LBing group(i like Thomas Davis.....could be a hugh signing for a far price)

I believe Wilfork is the key signing
remember Casey Hampton is a free agent also

WR is desperate need?

yashi
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I think the most likely big acquisitions we might make this offseason are Pats LT Matt Light and a potential trade for Anquan Boldin.

I think Wilfork gets franchised and they keep him. He is the best pure nose tackle in the game that isn't over 30.

Dansby would be nice but some team is going to VASTLY overpay, just like with Bart Scott last year.

The uncapped year is going to make free agency a mess. So many guys are restricted free agents.

matthewschiefs
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
1)Vince Wilfork

3)WR??
Breaston
Vincent Jackson

Lendale White

Karlos Dansby would help a weak LBing group(i like Thomas Davis.....could be a hugh signing for a far price)

WR is desperate need?

White would be a good pickup i think he would be the power to Charles speed. That would be a good 1 2 punch. The only thing i could see getting in his way of comeing to KC is if someone is going to offer him a starting job. He would be a good fit though IMO.

pbatrucker
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
1)Vince Wilfork

3)WR??
Breaston
Vincent Jackson

Lendale White

WR is desperate need?
Everyone you mentioned as FA are RFA. Which means we would have to give up draft choices to get them. That will not happen. It will be slim pickings for FA for the Chiefs.

texaschief
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I want Donte Stallworth RIGHT NOW. He was reinstated today and promptly cut by the Browns. The guy didn't do anything sleezy. After the incident, he's done EVERYTHING right. This has changed his life and he's learned from his mistakes. I think there's a BIG difference between Stallworth who accidentally killed a man crossing the street while driving drunk, and a guy like Plaxico Burress who never showed remorse.

Stallworth would be a great addition to this team. For all those who don't want him here because of what happened, would you still feel the same way if it were Jared Allen who was stopped more than once driving while intoxicated. Stallworth's ramifications were much more severe, but the crime was the same.

matthewschiefs
02-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I want Donte Stallworth RIGHT NOW. He was reinstated today and promptly cut by the Browns. The guy didn't do anything sleezy. After the incident, he's done EVERYTHING right. This has changed his life and he's learned from his mistakes. I think there's a BIG difference between Stallworth who accidentally killed a man crossing the street while driving drunk, and a guy like Plaxico Burress who never showed remorse.

Stallworth would be a great addition to this team. For all those who don't want him here because of what happened, would you still feel the same way if it were Jared Allen who was stopped more than once driving while intoxicated. Stallworth's ramifications were much more severe, but the crime was the same.

I think he would be able to come in and help the Chiefs. Bottom line right now this team could use anyone that can catch the ball and he can catch the ball.

As for his little deal. He :sign0053: up. Hes human and made a mistake. He did not try to deny it he fessed up and I heard a story once on espn that even the family of the person that he killed are now friends. He showed that he is a good person who just messed up. The browns let him go becuse he did this while on there team it it did cause some dirt on there team. I understand that. He Wont do that again hes not allowed to drive. I think he would be a good option for this team even with what he did.

matthewschiefs
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Everyone you mentioned as FA are RFA. Which means we would have to give up draft choices to get them. That will not happen. It will be slim pickings for FA for the Chiefs.

I think for a couple of those names it would defently be worth the pick to pick them up. I dont think it will happen but if they could get peppers a proven player I would not mind giveing up a draft pick whos done nothing in the NFL.

jap1
02-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Personally, I think driving while drunk is horrible. Ive seen the consequences too many times. If he has really changed his life (i.e. doesnt drink at all anymore, and has a whole new attitude) I would consider him only if he would come cheap.

Also I have gone on record a few times saying how I am quite happy without Jared Allen on our team because of his behavior.

yashi
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Donte Stallworth hasn't been remotely productive in the NFL since 2007, and has only had 1 really good season in his career. I'm not a fan.

DC_Chiefsfan
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Stallworth's last three years: He was productive with the Pats. He was unproductive with the browns, then didn't play. Pats=Tom Brady, Browns, Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn. Hmmm, I wonder why he wasn't productive?!

Ryfo18
02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
If we were to sign Stallworth, it couldn't be for higher than like a 4th WR. There is some upside there, but he would have to prove it. The guy has been out of the league for a year so it's a risky acquisition.

MDChiefs!
02-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Im sure his billions of injuries has run their toll on the only thing he ever had going for him...his speed. not productive enough for a roster spot. no thank you

chief31
02-09-2010, 05:57 AM
I wouldn't be against giving him a shot.

DUI is not a malicious crime. It's just that the end result can be horrible.

blueduck
02-10-2010, 05:50 PM
No Peppers is getting past his prime for the price tag.Not a good move.