PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt Thomas Defensive Backs Coach...

Connie Jo
02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I think it's awesome Emmitt Thomas has been signed as a Defensive Backs Coach with the Chiefs. It feels like this is where he belongs in some aspect of the Chiefs organization.

I know sentimentality isn't as important as whether or not Thomas can improve our DL...but it's still awesome he's back as a Chief in my sentimental opinion!

:D

honda522
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Chiefs coaching chiefs. I love it!

Sn@keIze
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Ya I like this signing.

Hall of Famer Thomas back with Chiefs to coach defensive backs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8161fe8b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Chief Tyler
02-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I knew I had him as my favorite player for a reason! Oh, but I changed it a couple weeks ago when we got the nifty current and former favorites option :(

Still really happy about it, he's a quality coach, not sure why he's just a DB coach after all these years to be honest.

Connie Jo
02-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Yeah...I have much respect for Emmitt in every aspect...player, coach, person. He's as real as they come.

He has been a DC for other teams, and was the interim HC for Atlanta. Possibly he had other offers higher up, but simply wanted a position that would bring him home.

I think it's ironically cool that his interception record set with the Chiefs is #58. :D