PDA

View Full Version : I really like this article!! Goosebumps! YEEHAW!

Connie Jo
02-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Stellar Coaching Staff To Lead Chiefs in 2010
Credit Author: Derek Estes Bleacher Report

24 Super Bowl rings.
24 bright and shiny (if somewhat gaudy) pieces of bling, enough to wear one on each finger and toe, with a pair left to hang on a chain off your ears and two more to give away for Christmas.

That's the type of experience Kansas City has been bringing to run things at 1 Arrowhead Drive. Between nine of the eighteen coaches and general manager Scott Pioli, 24 Super Bowl rings from six different teams adorn their fingers.

The Chiefs have been bold and aggressive in upgrading their coaching staff, with nearly each week adding a new name to what could be arguably the most accomplished ensembles ever seen in Kansas City that didn't involve three pieces of brass and a bass guitar.

Great things are in store for Kansas City, make no mistake.A number of Chiefs fans have accused owner Clark Hunt of looking more for the almighty dollar rather than the Lombardi Trophy this past year. The Chiefs did not impress anyone with their low-key, free agent signings such as guard Mike Goff or the revolving door of veteran receivers who barely saw any regular season action.

Kansas City's selections in the draft didn't do much to comfort Chiefs fans, either. Many considered defensive end Tyson Jackson a reach at best in the #3 overall pick. Now, however, there should be little doubt about what direction this team is headed.

Secondary coach Emmitt Thomas is the latest of the marquis coaching talent brought in to develop one of the youngest teams in the league. A Hall of Fame Chiefs cornerback, Thomas earned one Super Bowl ring with Kansas City as a player and two more as a coach with the Redskins. He has coached Hall of Famers, coordinated defenses and been an interim head coach for the Atlanta Falcons.

The list only starts there, though. Offensive line coach Bill Muir was the Buccaneers' offensive coordinator when they won the Super Bowl in 2002. Special teams coach Steve Hoffman handled quality control for the Cowboys during their dynasty years of the 90s. Even rookie defensive line coach Anthony Pleasant earned his Super Bowl stripes as a player with the Patriots in the 2001 and 2003 NFL seasons.

It will still take a lot to turn around a team who has only won ten games in the last three years, and hasn't won a playoff game since January 1994. With free agency another month away, the draft in April and this year's Super Bowl not even underway, Kansas City is still in for a long offseason. Chiefs fans can start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, though, now that some of the best the NFL has to offer are leading the way.

PawnshopMarimba
02-02-2010, 02:25 AM
That was a fun read. I really couldn't be too much happier with our coaching selections. Hopefully their experience can turn this franchise back around.

josh1971
02-02-2010, 06:57 AM
I do have to take exception on one thing- it would be hard to say that Chris Chambers or Bobby Wade "barely saw any regular season action".

Otherwise, great article!

70 chiefsfan70
02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
I too, got that feeling....... the tide is turning!

Chiefster
02-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Well, I'm not ready to say that we've turned the corner just yet, but I think it's in sight and we're heading in the right direction. :D

pbatrucker
02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Well, I'm not ready to say that we've turned the corner just yet, but I think it's in sight and we're heading in the right direction. :D
:yahoo: This!

Ryfo18
02-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I can't wait for the draft. I will definitely be following closely to see who the organization brings in. I think we are in an excellent position with an early first rounder and 2 2nd rounders to bring in some quality draft picks that will step in and help from day 1.

matthewschiefs
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Thats a lot of rings for now I would just be happy to get 1.

KottkeKU
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
PLAYOFFS 2010-2011

our schedule is nice

Coach
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I couldn't be any happier with the progress this team has made so far this offseason. Getting Crennel or Weis either one would have been great. Getting both and Emmit Thomas makes me very excited to see what they can do with our existing talent, let alone the pieces we will add over the next 3 months.

Although, I do look forwartd to the day when I become more excited about the strides we are making during the season vs. the off-season. The offseason has been the only thing to get excited about for 2+ years.

matthewschiefs
02-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I couldn't be any happier with the progress this team has made so far this offseason. Getting Crennel or Weis either one would have been great. Getting both and Emmit Thomas makes me very excited to see what they can do with our existing talent, let alone the pieces we will add over the next 3 months.

Although, I do look forwartd to the day when I become more excited about the strides we are making during the season vs. the off-season. The offseason has been the only thing to get excited about for 2+ years.

Hopefuly this comeing season is the season that we start to see those strides taken. We do play the NFC west this season that might help. After all even Herm made the playoffs playing the NFC west.

tornadospotter
02-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I would say that the homer in me, is thrilled with the potentiality, of this Staff, Coaching us well. I believe we will win every game, and will not lose a game until we do! I believe I am a hundred percent correct, in my predictions,.
:homer:

I really do feel better now, about this team I love, than I did a year ago!

Connie Jo
02-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I agree TS...this coming season is the first in a long time I've actually been hopeful! It use to be I was hopeful every new season, but I lost that the last few years, and it feels GREAT to feel that way again! :)

matthewschiefs
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I would say that the homer in me, is thrilled with the potentiality, of this Staff, Coaching us well. I believe we will win every game, and will not lose a game until we do! I believe I am a hundred percent correct, in my predictions,.
:homer:

I really do feel better now, about this team I love, than I did a year ago!

I feel much better about this team as well. I think the way that we saw the season end is the reason why. This team defently has made progress hopefuly we can see even more next season.

halfast
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm glad the chiefs are making these big strides with the coaches....hopefully it translates them developing our young players into super stars! It'd be nice to see us make a big change sort of like the dolphins did!