PDA

View Full Version : Nine Words Women Use...

Connie Jo
02-04-2010, 02:33 AM
This is GOOD, lol. It was written by a man for men. For the record...I fully admit as a woman that what you'll read below is the truth overall. I'm not in self denial, hahaha. That said, there are some exceptions for some women. In my case I take exception with #2...I would NEVER do that if it was a football game, especially the Chiefs! lol

I take exception with #6 too...it depends upon the tone used when saying "that's okay". Sometimes "that's okay" can be a positive phrase, haha.

In our defense...we women do have positive personality traits too! hahaha

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!

5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing)

6) That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here-this is true, unless she says “thanks a lot”- that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say “you’re welcome”- that will bring on a ‘whatever’.)

8) Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying F*** YOU!

9) Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the response refer to #3.

Sn@keIze
02-04-2010, 03:00 AM
i know the words a woman wont use. i know its long but.Please read this whole post b4 closing it.

Things a woman will not/cant say............................................... ...................

#1).Your right........................

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

#2)Im wrong.......................

That about settles that. Thank u.

Connie Jo
02-04-2010, 03:57 AM
I sure hope I didn't offend you by posting this SnakeIze, it was intended to be funny, in jest...not taken seriously. If I did offend I'm sorry. :(

It was a man who wrote it, and men posted it as a joke towards women, not the other way around. I thought it was funny, & didn't take offense as a woman. It never occurred to me it could be taken offensively.

Not all women are the same...nor are men...although there are jokes like the one above that stereotype the sexes and differences between the two.

I for one...will say I'm sorry, and will admit if I've been wrong...regardless of gender I face. No one is always right, or always wrong, no one is perfect...female or male. There is no gender recognition in being human...we're all human, all make mistakes. :)

Canada
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Don't worry, snakeize is like most women.

Connie Jo
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Don't worry, snakeize is like most women.

Well, I did feel bad, as I would never post anything that I thought would hurt someone's feelings or offend in any way. I thought about deleting it, but it would look odd with replies.

Heck, I know women can be total pain in the a**es at times with some of our common gender traits...some worse than others of course, which is why I thought it was funny along with the men who posted it.

I've heard it's a good thing when one can laugh at themself, and I do laugh at myself, including female quirks. Life's too short to take the little stuff serious. :D

For record of reality...I take exception to #6 as well with being vindictive or vengeful...I'm not, and know other women who aren't, although I know some who are too, haha. I learned a long time ago, that people will punish themselves for their own mistakes, regardless of gender.

Canada
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Anyone who gets upset by that post can take their pink pillow and cry their eyes out on it.

Sn@keIze
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I sure hope I didn't offend you by posting this SnakeIze, it was intended to be funny, in jest...not taken seriously. If I did offend I'm sorry. :(

It was a man who wrote it, and men posted it as a joke towards women, not the other way around. I thought it was funny, & didn't take offense as a woman. It never occurred to me it could be taken offensively.

Not all women are the same...nor are men...although there are jokes like the one above that stereotype the sexes and differences between the two.

I for one...will say I'm sorry, and will admit if I've been wrong...regardless of gender I face. No one is always right, or always wrong, no one is perfect...female or male. There is no gender recognition in being human...we're all human, all make mistakes. :)
lol

no u didnt offend me. u think too much babe.

my post was a joke too. not meant to offend anyone.

Chiefster
02-04-2010, 02:55 PM
:lol:

That's funny in a factual sort of way.

In my twenty-six years of marriage I've learned a few things (only a few things because I'm a man :lol: )

I've learned: that should the world come to an end tomorrow it would somehow be my fault. I've never won, nor will I ever win, an argument because my wife is equipped with a mind like a steal trap that will recall matters of my wrong doing from since before we got married. I can't remember yesterday. My wife will always allow me the final word in any argument: "Yes dear...Yes dear...Yes dear...". We live by two rules. Rule number 1: She is never wrong. Rule number 2: If she is wrong, see rule number 1. Finally, I discovered long ago in the event of a misunderstanding I can choose to be right or I can choose to be happy; I choose to be happy. :D

Oh, and I love her very much!

Vandelay
02-04-2010, 02:57 PM
I think I have heard all 9 of those statements in the last week. Laidies, if something is wrong, please tell us :banghead:

Chiefster
02-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I think I have heard all 9 of those statements in the last week. Laidies, if something is wrong, please tell us :banghead:

Dude, just do all you can to keep mama happy. Because, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

...Trust me on this.

Vandelay
02-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Dude, just do all you can to keep mama happy. Because, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

...Trust me on this.
I'm doing my best. If I didn't like her so much, then I wouldn't care.:D

Chiefster
02-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm doing my best. If I didn't like her so much, then I wouldn't care.:D

Learn from my lessons my young padawan! :D

Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Nine Words Women Use... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=178357&postcount=8)

Vandelay
02-04-2010, 03:30 PM
YouTube- Seinfeld : Kramer 's theory on marriage

Chiefster
02-04-2010, 09:17 PM
YouTube- Seinfeld : Kramer 's theory on marriage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4G2Ehg0HlE)

Well, marriage is considered an institution. :lol:

Connie Jo
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
lol

no u didnt offend me. u think too much babe.

my post was a joke too. not meant to offend anyone.

LOL I think thinking too much is another one of those female quirks I'd rather not have, hahaha.

I'm so relieved!!! I was worried I might have offended. Sometimes it's difficult when communicating on a PC screen to know what's meant in jest or seriously...since there's no body language to view, or tone of voice to hear. I just like to clarify if in doubt, to avoid misunderstandings or hurt feelings.

Thank you for clarifying SnakeIze!! :D

Connie Jo
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I married following high school graduation, at 17. Many married after school back then, it wasn't considered young in 1972. We met & began dating at 15. We didn't have kids right away, our daughter was born when I was 20, our son at 22...they're now 34 & 32! In a blink of an eye I lost at least 20 yrs!! haha

My husband was my best friend, and I his...for 34 of our 37 yrs of marriage. Our personalities complemented one anothers in most ways. We had our differences, as all couples do, but the good memories far outweighed any bad. I'm blessed to have had 34 years of marital happiness and love.

After his heart attack scare Feb. 2007, something went wrong with his wiring, the clinical depression made him someone I didn't know, nor did our kids and friends. He was someone else in my husbands body. Lord knows I tried for 2 yrs...but, you can't help someone who won't put forth the effort to help
themself.

The divorce was hard, but it was a matter of my emotional and physical well being and necessary...my husband understood that, so did our family. Our divorce wasn't 'ugly', and though we don't talk often, having moved on...we remain 'friends' on some level.

He use to ask me for advice related to his emotional and life issues, including his problems with current live in girlfriend, hahaha. I finally told him he was gonna have to figure it for himself, cause I just couldn't advise him on his girlfriend problems, haha. He mixed himself up with a bad gal, and doesn't know how to get out now. He told me & the kids, "her book of bad life deeds is full". I'll spare y'all the details from that point.

Marriage is work, a full time job & then some on both sides. It takes two willing to compromise and make an effort...only one participating usually ends up bad. Mutual respect in every aspect for sure.

The rewards and blessings of marriage can't be compared to those of being single...not in my opinion. I miss my best friend, I miss many things marriage brings to one's life, but...I know I'm where God wants me to be. It's in God's hands whether or not I will have another best friend in life. If not, I know God will always be my best friend. :)

N TX Dave
02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
LOL I think thinking too much is another one of those female quirks I'd rather not have, hahaha.

I'm so relieved!!! I was worried I might have offended. Sometimes it's difficult when communicating on a PC screen to know what's meant in jest or seriously...since there's no body language to view, or tone of voice to hear. I just like to clarify if in doubt, to avoid misunderstandings or hurt feelings.

Thank you for clarifying SnakeIze!! :D

Well this is a sports board so here are the men's rules.

We always hear"the rules"from the female side.
Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides.
Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No areperfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problemonly if you want help solving it.
That's what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is aproblem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant theother one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus didnot need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color.

Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We haveno idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, itwill be scratched.
We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong.
We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape.Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping out.

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 01:00 AM

Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.

Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

Just say it!

That's what we do.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant theother one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.

Pumpkin is also a fruit.

We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are GREAT!! hahahaha

Sunday sports rule #1 I get! My x-hub wasn't raised a Chiefs fan, he followed my lead. He is now, but not diehard like me. He never wanted to get up early enough to tailgate when we went to Arrowhead. My first time tailgating in life was with YZILLA & his group the home opener against the Raiders. :D

X-hub hated going to Draft Day, nor did he enjoy going to the HOF in Canton back in 2002 the first time I was there. If it hadn't of been for our mutual friend Robert wanting to go, we wouldn't have went. He did enjoy going to games at Arrowhead though, & watching football on TV like I do, we didn't have that difference.

Shopping sport rule #1 I get! I'm not a shopper like most girls for clothes & shoes, in fact I rarely do, only when I need to. I don't like typical mall shopping, don't even usually go when my girlfriends ask me along. I like shopping for Chiefs memorabilia in antique malls or Ebay. Do most my shopping on line.

Too many Shoes rule #1... I don't have many girly shoes, not 'me'...but do love cowboy boots and Chiefs tennis shoes! Nice thing about boots is they're timeless. I still have & wear boots I've had 20 yrs, I take good care of them. :D

I get discussing the monster truck rule #1, but not baseball or shotgun formation, football I can discuss! haha. I prefer trucks over cars...unless it's a muscle car! My dream car is an original Shelby Cobra! I'll never have one, they're for the rich, but I can dream!

matthewschiefs
02-05-2010, 01:38 AM

Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

Just say it!

That's what we do.

Pumpkin is also a fruit.

We do that.

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:
Enjoy that couch. :D

N TX Dave
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are GREAT!! hahahaha

Sunday sports rule #1 I get! My x-hub wasn't raised a Chiefs fan, he followed my lead. He is now, but not diehard like me. He never wanted to get up early enough to tailgate when we went to Arrowhead. My first time tailgating in life was with YZILLA & his group the home opener against the Raiders. :D

X-hub hated going to Draft Day, nor did he enjoy going to the HOF in Canton back in 2002 the first time I was there. If it hadn't of been for our mutual friend Robert wanting to go, we wouldn't have went. He did enjoy going to games at Arrowhead though, & watching football on TV like I do, we didn't have that difference.

Shopping sport rule #1 I get! I'm not a shopper like most girls for clothes & shoes, in fact I rarely do, only when I need to. I don't like typical mall shopping, don't even usually go when my girlfriends ask me along. I like shopping for Chiefs memorabilia in antique malls or Ebay. Do most my shopping on line.

Too many Shoes rule #1... I don't have many girly shoes, not 'me'...but do love cowboy boots and Chiefs tennis shoes! Nice thing about boots is they're timeless. I still have & wear boots I've had 20 yrs, I take good care of them. :D

I get discussing the monster truck rule #1, but not baseball or shotgun formation, football I can discuss! haha. I prefer trucks over cars...unless it's a muscle car! My dream car is an original Shelby Cobra! I'll never have one, they're for the rich, but I can dream!

Do you like to fish also? If I hadn't been married for 40 years I would ask you to marry me you sound like my dream girl! :punk::fishing:

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I use to love to fish!!! When my x hubby & I first began dating his parents camped every weekend at Lake Perry in KS...and we'd go fishing often. I'll even bait my own hook, lol.

We carried on his family tradition of camping & fishing every weekend when our kids were young, but when they started becoming older...wanting to go out with friends...we stopped camping & fishing.

I tried to get him re-interested once our kids were grown, but he'd lost interest in it, developed newer interests...riding and working on his Harley mostly.

I go fishing once in awhile with my daughter, her hubby & grandkids. My house isn't too far from the Perry Lake area, also the small Delaware River is close. The Perry Wildlife Reserve is close too...but I'm not much for hunting, I couldn't kill a deer. I can't chop the head off of a fish, but I'll clean it once someone else does that part, lol.

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
As far as being a dream girl...hahahaha.

I have many faults!!...here's NINE I know irritated my x hubby. I don't know what all men consider female faults, cause I was only with one from age 15 till a yr ago, lol...I only know what 'he' considered my female faults & complained about.

1) Fault: I would gripe with a comment when he left the toilet lid up, and I'd plop down without looking & my rear damn near hit water! LOL However...I learned a lesson from your post Dave! I was a hypocrite, cause there's truth in that men don't ask us to put the toilet lid up! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! If I ever have another relationship...I'm gonna work on that fault! LOL

2) Fault: I love decorating for holidays! Valentine, Easter, 4th, Fall, & Christmas. I don't know how other men are, but my x hubby complained saying I went overboard with decorating for holidays...not about money spent, cause I'm an expert at spending a buck & making it look like a million, haha...and also make many of my decorations myself. He always complained about the time I spent & trouble I went to decorating, saying it was a waste of time & effort.

That was a difference in how we were raised...my family went all out for holidays, his didn't. His mom only had a small table top tree at Christmas. In my defense however, all our family and friends love coming to our house for holiday gatherings...because of the time I spend with decorating, cooking, & baking.

3) Another fault: I'm a firm believer in that too much food is better than not enough when entertaining. My X
complained I always made way too much food when entertaining & I'd send leftover's home with guests, haha.

4) Fault: I wear sweats, or jeans, & a Chiefs t-shirt running basic household related errands & doing household chores. I'm not gonna be dressed up every hour & with make up & hair perfect. My x hubby DID CARE what I wore & looked like no matter what! He gripped at me if I didn't look my best to even go to Walmart or Lowes. He wasn't like that though until his personality changed...one of his 4-5 personalities can be very vain & arrogant about his appearance & others.

5)Fault: I get cranky on Thanksgiving and Christmas when he slept till noon, and 30 or so family members were coming at 2:00 for dinner and he wouldn't lend a hand before noon.

6) Fault: I get irritated when entertaining and he hogs the pool table downstairs and won't let me play too. My X thought my place should be with the girls, not with the guys playing pool, lol.

7)Fault: I don't handle drunk driving well...if he's drunk, I'm driving! If we've both had too much, we're catching a ride, or calling a cab to take us to a hotel. No drunk driving. My X had a bad habit of believeing he was the only person on Earth who drove as good drunk as sober, NOT!! This was probably the biggest reason for any fights in my marriage.

8) Fault: I'll climb on the back of a motorcycle...but do not enjoy going fast, and not on Interstates. I'm more of a country roads enjoying the scenery girl when it comes to motorcycle riding.

9) Fault: I don't mind if he's late once in a while for dinner, but please call and tell me, so I can start dinner later & not have to keep it warm, or worry he's been hurt, haha.

N TX Dave
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
As far as being a dream girl...hahahaha.

I have many faults!!...here's NINE I know irritated my x hubby. I don't know what all men consider female faults, cause I was only with one from age 15 till a yr ago, lol...I only know what 'he' considered my female faults & complained about.

1) Fault: I would gripe with a comment when he left the toilet lid up, and I'd plop down without looking & my rear damn near hit water! LOL However...I learned a lesson from your post Dave! I was a hypocrite, cause there's truth in that men don't ask us to put the toilet lid up! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! If I ever have another relationship...I'm gonna work on that fault! LOL You can learn to over come great.

2) Fault: I love decorating for holidays! Valentine, Easter, 4th, Fall, & Christmas. I don't know how other men are, but my x hubby complained saying I went overboard with decorating for holidays...not about money spent, cause I'm an expert at spending a buck & making it look like a million, haha...and also make many of my decorations myself. He always complained about the time I spent & trouble I went to decorating, saying it was a waste of time & effort.

That was a difference in how we were raised...my family went all out for holidays, his didn't. His mom only had a small table top tree at Christmas. In my defense however, all our family and friends love coming to our house for holiday gatherings...because of the time I spend with decorating, cooking, & baking. You should see my wife she does the same I don't care except when I have to drag the stuff out of the attic and pput it back up. LOL

3) Another fault: I'm a firm believer in that too much food is better than not enough when entertaining. My X
complained I always made way too much food when entertaining & I'd send leftover's home with guests, haha. That is okay better to have guests go away with food that go away hungry.

4) Fault: I wear sweats, or jeans, & a Chiefs t-shirt running basic household related errands & doing household chores. I'm not gonna be dressed up every hour & with make up & hair perfect. My x hubby DID CARE what I wore & looked like no matter what! He gripped at me if I didn't look my best to even go to Walmart or Lowes. He wasn't like that though until his personality changed...one of his 4-5 personalities can be very vain & arrogant about his appearance & others. Again who cares why dress up for people who could care less and you don't need to impress them, I am jeans and golf shirt person I hate getting dressed up.

5)Fault: I get cranky on Thanksgiving and Christmas when he slept till noon, and 30 or so family members were coming at 2:00 for dinner and he wouldn't lend a hand before noon. As you should I don't help alot but at least I am up and available to help if asked. LOL

6) Fault: I get irritated when entertaining and he hogs the pool table downstairs and won't let me play too. My X thought my place should be with the girls, not with the guys playing pool, lol. My idea is to be where the girls are I would rather look at a women than another guys butt leaning over a pool table now if it is a woman's butt or down a blouse bent over a pool table that is a different story again LOL.

7)Fault: I don't handle drunk driving well...if he's drunk, I'm driving! If we've both had too much, we're catching a ride, or calling a cab to take us to a hotel. No drunk driving. My X had a bad habit of believeing he was the only person on Earth who drove as good drunk as sober, NOT!! This was probably the biggest reason for any fights in my marriage. All I have to say about that is amen to you.

8) Fault: I'll climb on the back of a motorcycle...but do not enjoy going fast, and not on Interstates. I'm more of a country roads enjoying the scenery girl when it comes to motorcycle riding. Again I agree I don't even like motorcycles fast or slow.

9) Fault: I don't mind if he's late once in a while for dinner, but please call and tell me, so I can start dinner later & not have to keep it warm, or worry he's been hurt, haha. I had a hard time learning that one but after about 10 years it sunk in, if my wife is going to go to the time to cook me a meal at least I could let her know I am running late.

Does this fit your X?:ninerssuck:

tornadospotter
02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
:thumbup1: To all of the post in this thread.:sign0087::yahoo:

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 01:04 AM
He wasn't always a whiner Dave, but yes, haha...he became a whiner later in life...reminded me of that movie title "Grumpy Old Men", haha. Some people cope with life's hurdles better than others, he wasn't one of them later in life. :(

Sadly though, our grandkids get on his nerves too, he can't be around them for more than a 1/2 hr without stressing...so they're not gonna have that grandpa influence I had hoped for when envisioning this stage of life once upon a time.

They come to my house sometimes when mom & dad need a sitter...we have a blast now without grandpa's restrictions! OOPS! haha My daughter says it takes two hrs to get them un-wound after they leave, lol.

My 6 yr old grand-daughter is a riot...her mom in sarcastic jestful tone say's she has my personality like it's my fault she's a riot and spunky, haha.

One afternoon a month ago I was kid-sitting. We made sugar cookies & when my grand-daughter was done mixing icing...she threw a beater from the island to the sink...6' away! I was standing at the sink with my back to her & the beater fly's into the sink, startling me! I turn around & she's laughing, threw her hands up in the air & yelled, "BULLSEYE!". I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes! Once the laughter stopped I explained throwing a metal beater in grandma's direction wasn't a good idea in case she was off aiming for the sink, lol.

Below's a pic taken the day she threw the beater, haha. I have 4...2 natural & 2 step grandkids from my son in laws first marriage, they have full custody.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Kansas%20and%20Me/kids.jpg

Below was another day my grand-daughter & I were making oatmeal raisin cookies...she loves to bake like me! She's a Chiefs fan like grandma too, haha!! She's named after my grandma, Madeline Grace, which would be her gr-gr-grandma. My grandma passed when I was only 11, but she & her sister, my gr-aunt, were the most influential women in my life. That's how I want my grandkids to remember me also! :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Kansas%20and%20Me/madeline2-1.jpg

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Added note's to your reply Dave...he didn't help bring down or take the holiday decor back to the attic, I do all that. I'm okay with it though, the holiday decorating was my thing, not his. 'If' I did ever ask him to carry something, he usually would, I just didn't ask much.

My fear with riding his Harley fast or in high risk traffic...comes from a bad wreck when I was 16 & we were dating. He had a Honda 450 then, I was on back. Thankfully KS had a helmet law then or I wouldn't be here today. I looked like a mummy when the ER finished wrapping my road rash...naive then, I had cut off jean shorts on, tank top. We slid almost 100' on the road with the bike before coming to a rest. The scars faded over time, I was blessed overall.

He had too much to drink that day. His parents didn't care if he drank in his teens, they were very liberal, he didn't have much discipline by comparison to my dad who was fairly strict.

LOL @ girls bending over a pool table, I think most men are that way! hahaha

Women can be worriers by nature...we have natural mother instincts and they kick in with hubby's too...so the calling if you're gonna be late is more about not worrying, at least for me. Though we do tend to feel unappreciated if we cook and our guy's late without calling. Those are common female traits/faults, hahaha.

MDChiefs!
02-06-2010, 01:58 AM
haha post of the day

i know the words a woman wont use. i know its long but.Please read this whole post b4 closing it.

Things a woman will not/cant say............................................... ...................

#1).Your right........................

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

#2)Im wrong.......................

That about settles that. Thank u.

N TX Dave
02-06-2010, 02:54 AM
The words a man should learn to say to his wife is "YES DEAR". Those two words have kept me out of trouble more than I can count. And never go to bed mad see the two words above that helps keep that from happening. I tried to teach my son-in-law that but he did not listen and my daughter and him are going through a divorce right now.

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry your family is enduring a divorce, as I know it's hard on everyone involved.

In my humble opinion...I think too many expect perfection these days in every aspect of life, including marriage, and often expect that perfection more from their spouse than they do themselves. Society in many ways is being conditioned to believe if everything in life isn't perfect...then they must not be living life happy and to it's fullest, and there is more to life than what they have. So much is taken for granted, and most have much more to be grateful for than not...if they would only open their eyes and see what they have, instead of seeing what they don't.

Those who spend all their time looking for way's to be happy, likely shall never find happiness. Happiness is found within.

Compromise in marriage seems to be of a bygone era...many in society these days seem to have a me, me, me, me approach to relationships...which certainly will lead to disaster.

I think it's admirable a man would always be willing to say "Yes Dear"...but in fairness, women and men both should be willing to say "Yes Dear"...it works both ways...or it should.

MDChiefs!
02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
sorry to hear that. what a shame :( I always just swallowed my pride and apologized for what was going on. whether I was in the wrong or not, I just didnt want to argue about silly stuff which is what it usually is...IMO

The words a man should learn to say to his wife is "YES DEAR". Those two words have kept me out of trouble more than I can count. And never go to bed mad see the two words above that helps keep that from happening. I tried to teach my son-in-law that but he did not listen and my daughter and him are going through a divorce right now.

N TX Dave
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
sorry to hear that. what a shame :( I always just swallowed my pride and apologized for what was going on. whether I was in the wrong or not, I just didnt want to argue about silly stuff which is what it usually is...IMO
I agree I mean why fight with the one you live with? You are right it is a lot easier to apologize sometime than prove yourself right, most of the time like you say it is things that don't amount to a hill of beans and a week from now will you remember who was right.

N TX Dave
02-06-2010, 05:33 PM
I think it's admirable a man would always be willing to say "Yes Dear"...but in fairness, women and men both should be willing to say "Yes Dear"...it works both ways...or it should.

Well it never hurts if it works both ways but the way I look at it is it does not hurt me to say "Yes Dear" and many times it helps latter if you know what I mean. :yahoo:

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Well it never hurts if it works both ways but the way I look at it is it does not hurt me to say "Yes Dear" and many times it helps latter if you know what I mean. :yahoo:

Yep, I get it, hahaha!

I didn't realize many men agree with their women, whether right or wrong...had no idea. I understand why, but I don't think most women have a clue their men make that sacrifice, and thats sad in some way.

I hate conflict of any kind, with male or female. In early yrs of marriage I would speak up if I felt I was right, but as yrs pass one becomes wiser & more mellow, haha. I'd much rather laugh than cry! :)

He was raised in a rural small town community & household...women had their place, men had theirs...no inbetween. No way would he say "yes dear" if he thought he was right, not with his argumentative & stubborn personality, haha.

I was raised in a big city...my dad respected women on the same level he did men...he raised me to think the same. Such as there was nothing wrong with a girl loving football right along with the guys. My dad taught me how to play pool too, & other things that were considered 'for guys only' in my x hubby's small town.

Major culture shock, but I learned to
accept it for self preservation in business for myself and socially. It's not so much like that now...they've caught up with modern times. The guy's will let me play pool & talk football now in our community, respectively. :D