PDA

View Full Version : Falling in line.

honda522
02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Yep, the threat of another girl is here. Last semester I liked this girl and she just didn't wanna be there, so she didn't pay attention to anyone.

This semester I met a great girl. I think we might be made for each other. I don't know but things are looking good.

First we were kinda forced into the same group for our project, fine with me cause I was hoping I could work with her. We had to chose a group to be in and by the time the list came around there was only one left.

Its a shame we only have the class once week. I added her to facebook, which I really don't use but...the next time we had class, she turned around and asked if it was me who added her. I told yea, and she said she didn't recognize the picture and gave a little laugh. Now I am not good looking by any means.

So yesterday she comes and sits down and ask me if she sat somewhere different. I replayed, well you normally sit one up but its not going to make a difference. The difference was she sitting one seat in front of me vs. sitting next to me. Then she told me how when she was talking to me the other day, she lost her voice. Completely irrelevant.

These have to be signs! Its only a matter of time. Though it cant be too long, Valentines day is just a few days away.

:chiefs:

pbatrucker
02-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Time for candy and flowers. Candle light dinner never hurts either.

honda522
02-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm not for traditional stuff like that.

stricken721
02-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I had something very similar happen to me last semester like you're describing now. We went on a couple dates then lost touch.. hopefully this works out for you dude. And you guys don't lose touch!:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
02-04-2010, 03:48 PM
But if she is, and she's worth it to you, then you should do it.
Sometimes you have to turn this in for a while for a special lady.:mancard:

Chiefster
02-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I refer you to the following thread:

Nine Words Women Use... - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=178359#post178359)

honda522
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
you got a point. But its not all about what you get

honda522
02-05-2010, 12:42 AM
I refer you to the following thread:

Nine Words Women Use... - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=178359#post178359)
Saw that, now I need your opinion.

First date on V Day. Good or Bad?

Canada
02-05-2010, 10:46 AM

Then go out, get drunk and see what happens

yashi
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Then go out, get drunk and see what happens

Hey, that's my strategy too. :D

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Time for candy and flowers. Candle light dinner never hurts either.

You're wife or girlfriend is blessed!! In 37 yrs of marriage...never one candlelight dinner on his part. I got candy & flowers from a boyfriend once my sophomore yr in HS.

Hubby did always get me a card and ask me if I wanted to go out to dinner somewhere on Valentines, but he picked the place...cause I would pick Olive Garden & he doesn't like OG, haha.

pbatrucker
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
You're wife or girlfriend is blessed!! In 37 yrs of marriage...never one candlelight dinner on his part. I got candy & flowers from a boyfriend once my sophomore yr in HS.

Hubby did always get me a card and ask me if I wanted to go out to dinner somewhere on Valentines, but he picked the place...cause I would pick Olive Garden & he doesn't like OG, haha.
You have to have romance to keep a relationship going. It would be boring without it.

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM

THIS!!

Your wife is blessed too!

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
You have to have romance to keep a relationship going. It would be boring without it.

My x hubby wasn't raised in a manner of which appreciated romance, haha. He sorta saw it as being the woman's job to bring in the romance, so I did, haha. He'll be the first to tell ya I spoiled him.

It would've been nice to have him be romantic from time to time, & I envied women who had that from their men...but it wasn't in his personality to initiate romance, & I was okay with that. For most of our marriage his positive qualities far outweighed any negative. That's how I approach any relationship worthiness...friend, spouse, etc...as long as their positive traits outweigh the negative...I'm good. :)

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Saw that, now I need your opinion.

First date on V Day. Good or Bad?

Okay, I read through the entire thread before responding to you directly, haha. I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth, lol.

Here's a girl's opinion...first date on V Day I think is a great idea! Take pbatrucker, Vandelay's, and Cheifster's advice if you're seriously hoping for a long term fulfilling relationship on both sides.

If not, then heck...enjoy it while you can, have fun, but it likely won't last without some genuine effort on your part, such as the romance factor.

Good luck Honda! I'll be rooting for ya no matter your expectations from your new 'love' interest. :D

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
PS: Don't overdo it at first though...like maybe give her a small box of candy & a single rose for Valentines when you pick her up for a dinner date, or whatever.

I don't have the experience personally, but from listening to many girls talk over the years...I know many will think when a guy overdoes it in a new relationship, first couple of dates...he's only got one thing on his mind, and overdoing it is a bribe to get what he's after & then he'll be gone, lol.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could simply read each other's minds, or be open & direct...instead of all the game playing & speculating that can sometimes occur between men & women? Women can, and some often do play head games...so be careful Honda!! Trust your instincts...they're usually right. :)

yashi
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could simply read each other's minds, or be open & direct...instead of all the game playing & speculating that can sometimes occur between men & women? Women play their own head games...so be careful Honda!! Trust your instincts...they're usually right. :)

Heck yes it would. Women are so full of mixed signals I can never figure out what in the world they're thinking.

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Heck yes it would. Women are so full of mixed signals I can never figure out what in the world they're thinking.

I totally agree! I think both sexes are like that though. I think some of the reason is fear of rejection or conflict.

I don't have experience with dating...like I said, I was with one guy from age 15 till a yr ago. I've went on a few dates with a few guys, have no clue what the guy thought...but I had no spark or interest further than a single date.

One date the guy bashed Kid Rock, knowing I was a fan...not a good idea! Another one bashed my Chiefs! BIGGER MISTAKE! One guy had no sense of humor, and that's a MUST for my personality, haha.

He's gonna have to enjoy music, going to an occasional concert...has to be a Chiefs fan, or willing to become one... has to have a sense of humor...has to enjoy at least one dog in the family...family & home have to be important...honest, loyal...doesn't have to be a religious fanatic, but must have belief in God...& all those basic qualities, haha.

I could end up alone for the remainder of my life being too picky, huh? hahaha I'd rather be alone though than 'settle' & not be happy, nor feel respected & loved.
:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
THIS!!

Your wife is blessed too!
Well I'm not married... yet. Actually just met someone recently. I really like her, but I usually have no idea what she is thinking.:lol:

honda522
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Okay, I read through the entire thread before responding to you directly, haha. I didn't want to put my foot in my mouth, lol.

Here's a girl's opinion...first date on V Day I think is a great idea! Take pbatrucker, Vandelay's, and Cheifster's advice if you're seriously hoping for a long term fulfilling relationship on both sides.

If not, then heck...enjoy it while you can, have fun, but it likely won't last without some genuine effort on your part, such as the romance factor.

Good luck Honda! I'll be rooting for ya no matter your expectations from your new 'love' interest. :D

I was actaully thinking of something fun to do. I was talking to my boss about this, and I came up with the idea to go to Dave and Busters. He thought it wasn't such a bad idea.

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Well I'm not married... yet. Actually just met someone recently. I really like her, but I usually have no idea what she is thinking.:lol:

I think both men and women are simply afraid to say what they're thinking in the early stages of a relationship especially. Mostly because if they really like the person they don't want to blow it, and they don't know the person well enough to feel secure with being open.

I don't know many couples who have been married for a while who don't let their significant other know what they're thinking, LOL. Well, unless they think what they're thinking might be a no no, hahaha.

If you really like her, that's a good start! She is still blessed based upon your post...I hope she becomes the love of your life. :D

tornadospotter
02-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I was actaully thinking of something fun to do. I was talking to my boss about this, and I came up with the idea to go to Dave and Busters. He thought it wasn't such a bad idea.
For a couple of college students, I think that is an excellent idea. Go have some fun together and see if there is chemistry.
:thumbup1:

honda522
02-05-2010, 10:45 PM
For a couple of college students, I think that is an excellent idea. Go have some fun together and see if there is chemistry.
:thumbup1:
Thanks for backing me.:postpimp4ib:

Connie Jo
02-05-2010, 11:54 PM
What is Dave and Busters?

stricken721
02-05-2010, 11:55 PM

Adult Chuck E' Cheese :lol: Not too sure.. that's how I've always heard it described though

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Adult Chuck E' Cheese :lol: Not too sure.. that's how I've always heard it described though

Oh, haha. I've led a somewhat sheltered life since moving to the rural country of OZ, didn't have a clue!

Heck, I think Chuckie Cheese is fun!
:lol:

honda522
02-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Its basically an arcade for adults. Several games, and for a package price you can eat and play. You have to be 18 to get in by your self and they also serve alcohol.

I have never been there but my boss says its the :yahoo::punk:

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 12:09 AM
When you talk to her at school, kind of in a general conversation without being too direct...tell her your boss mentioned he thought it was a cool, but you've never been...ask her if she has. If she has she'll likely offer her opinion...if not, then describe to her like you did here...pay attention to her response. Then you'll know for sure if it's someplace she'll enjoy or not. :)

PS: That suggestion is based upon it's important to you that she enjoy where ever you're going...it should be important too though, that she have an interest in going someplace you will enjoy too. Inside the mindthought of a woman...If you indicate it's someplace you'd like to go by bringing it up, saying you heard it was cool...she should pick up on that, and if she's not totally self absorbed...she should have a positive reaction for the mere fact that it's of interest to you, & she likes you, so your having a good time is important to her too. :)

honda522
02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Got burned again...

Thanks alot.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
How did you get burned? :(

honda522
02-10-2010, 09:35 PM
How did you get burned? :(
She claimed to be a very busy person. Everybody is a busy person, yet most of us manage to get out.

I think I give up. Freaking Women......

No offense

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
She claimed to be a very busy person. Everybody is a busy person, yet most of us manage to get out.

I think I give up. Freaking Women......

No offense

I'm so sorry. Hey, it's okay...I tend to agree with you more often than not..."freaking women"! Women in general are more complex than men, more emotional, more flighty and can be difficult to please moreso than guys.

It's not you, it's her...and if she couldn't be more open & direct with you than what she was, "I'm very busy"...that's not a good indicator, and it likely wouldn't have been a lasting relationship.

It's hard to say based upon what little facts there are, but I'm guessing from her response to you, "I'm very busy"...she's a bit self centered...not a good personality trait to have. She could be playing head games too...many women are good at that crap and it reflects upon all women...good women take a bad rap because of so many bad ones out there.

Okay...this will be the very best advice you will ever receive related to women and clues with what to keep your eye out for with finding a good one!

Find one that appreciates the Chiefs as much as you do!! We female Chiefs fans are the best of the best, haha...just ask Tammie, Brenda, and all the other female members here...I know they'll agree with me! :D

There are many female Chiefs fans within your age range...they're all over Arrowhead! Likely hang out in popular KC sports bars too. I'm serious! If she likes football you're gonna have a great time and connect!

Another clue...find one that doesn't freak over a broken nail!...with hands that show she's not afraid to put in a honest day's work!

Last clue for now, haha...pay attention when you're around a girl as to how she responds when you need a bit of help. IE: if you drop something does she react with trying to help you pick it up? If the door on your side of the car is locked will she reach over and unlock it for you...or let you do it yourself with your key?

Little gestures like that say alot about a person...female or male for that matter, haha. :D

honda522
02-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Well this girl kinda lead me to believe she was interested. She keeps talking to me and all. No one ever starts a conversation with me.

Maybe I might be intimating at first.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, if I had the all the game stuff...we lonely hearters could get together this Valentines Day and play Madden!! lol :D

Honda...on a more serious note...don't give up on finding love. It's worth sorting through the bad ones to find the good one...you'll find the love of your life...I promise! You're young, time is on your side. Time isn't on my side to find love again, but I'm okay with that, cause I was blessed with many years of love, and that's why I know it's worth it for you not to give up! :)

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Well this girl kinda lead me to believe she was interested. She keeps talking to me and all. No one ever starts a conversation with me.

Maybe I might be intimating at first.

She could simply be 'flighty', or fickle might be a better word to use. Women are notorious for being fickle! She could be playing hard to get, which is playing head games, but it's common for women to do, especially with the younger generation I think. I don't have much experience with how single women are at my age...I only know two, and one of them is me, hahaha.

How did you approach her that makes you think you could be intimidating?

tornadospotter
02-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Well maybe she is very busy, stay open to being friends and fellow students, down the path of life, things change.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Well maybe she is very busy, stay open to being friends and fellow students, down the path of life, things change.

That's very true and possible, good advice too. :)

I just know many women who will use the "I'm busy" excuse...so I tend to be a bit narrowminded & judgmental when I hear it given...which is negative for me to do. I'm more open...such as if I was busy, I would explain why, rather than give a generic "I'm busy" without further explanation.

honda522
02-10-2010, 11:11 PM
How did you approach her that makes you think you could be intimidating?
I dont approach people, but when I sit there, I cross my arms, and keep the same face...usually nothing to be happy about, nor sad. So my facial expression never changes. I think people are intimadated by that.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I dont approach people, but when I sit there, I cross my arms, and keep the same face...usually nothing to be happy about, nor sad. So my facial expression never changes. I think people are intimadated by that.

Well...yeah, that could be considered intimidating. You never smile or laugh at anything?

So when you asked her out...how did you approach her? What did you say?

honda522
02-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Well...yeah, that could be considered intimidating. You never smile or laugh at anything?

So when you asked her out...how did you approach her? What did you say?
Yea, well I normally just don't smile.

But today I asked her if she was doing anything for Valentines Day. She said she had plans to go to the movies with some buddies. I said thats too bad, I was going to see if you wanted to go do anything this weekend.

She said, I don't think so, I am pretty busy with school and work. She made it sound like it was on going, as in not just this weekend.

tornadospotter
02-11-2010, 12:23 AM
I am not that some one that keeps a smile on my face all the time, I think that is fake, but I do light up and smile and laugh when talking to people. You may need to come out of your shell, try to smile, do not try to just blend in, put yourself out there, have faith in you, believe in yourself, if you do not, nobody else will.

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Yea, well I normally just don't smile.

But today I asked her if she was doing anything for Valentines Day. She said she had plans to go to the movies with some buddies. I said thats too bad, I was going to see if you wanted to go do anything this weekend.

She said, I don't think so, I am pretty busy with school and work. She made it sound like it was on going, as in not just this weekend.

I am not that some one that keeps a smile on my face all the time, I think that is fake, but I do light up and smile and laugh when talking to people. You may need to come out of your shell, try to smile, do not try to just blend in, put yourself out there, have faith in you, believe in yourself, if you do not, nobody else will.

I couldn't have put it better than TS did! Words of wisdom indeed! :)

I don't naturally wear a smile either...others make me smile. I try to surround myself with those I know who make me smile, & tend to avoid those who make me frown, haha.

You seem to have many great personality traits Honda...from what I've been able to gather posting with you...including a sense of humor at times. Most girls I know are attracted to a guy with a sense of humor.

I wouldn't give up on her just yet. It could be a bit of low self esteem on your part, since she declined for the weekend...affecting your judgement with thinking her tone indicated she'd be busy beyond the weekend. She did give a further explanation than "I'm busy"...a good sign IMO.

It's difficult on the internet when you only know someone through a PC, and you don't know the second party at all, to give advice. Best any of us can do is speculate based upon our own life experiences.

If you believe you intimidate people for whatever reason, & you've been thinking you need to change that about yourself, well, most times our inner feelings are right. It's a good trait when we can recognize what we may need to change in our personalities. Many people can't do that...rather are only capable of seeing changes they think others need to make for their happiness.

You mentioned earlier you usually didn't have anything to be happy about...well, that's usually not the case for most. We just have to be willing to look at what we do have more positively, rather than what we don't have negatively. I hope that makes sense, sometimes I don't word things as I'm thinking, haha.

Canada
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Honda...you need to relax and lighten up man. I dont mean any offense by this but you seem pretty tightly wound. Stop worrying about finding a girl. Go out and have fun. You say u never smile and just sit around with your arms crossed. If u think that is intimidating people, then stop doing it. Go somewhere and do something that makes you smile. When you smile, u have relax, and when u relax u have fun. Once you are out doing something that is fun and relaxing, you are bound to meet someone. They will be out doing the same thing as you (similar interests) and you are relaxed (easier to talk to people) and you are having fun so you dont look like the angry guy sitting in the corner. If you keep "looking" for love, you will settle for someone. Let that someone find you!!:bananen_smilies046: