PDA

View Full Version : LT not in Diego next year?

Sn@keIze
02-05-2010, 07:37 PM
So long, San Diego: Tomlinson believes Chargers will release him (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81635df6&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Just to before someone suggest we take him.....

NO.

honda522
02-05-2010, 08:31 PM
God, I would hate to have him. He is a cry bay when he doesn't get his way and now he is washed up.

AussieChiefsFan
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
God, I would hate to have him. He is a cry bay when he doesn't get his way and now he is washed up.

AND we now have JC

tornadospotter
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I would be interested in taking him.

AussieChiefsFan
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I would be interested in taking him.

I dont think he'd be able to fully get used to being a Backup.

tornadospotter
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I dont think he'd be able to fully get used to being a Backup.
If he wants to play, he will have to get used to it.

matthewschiefs
02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
If he still were the rb that he was at one time i would have given anything to have him. But hes not that rb anymore. He gets hurt every year now. Age has caught up with him. He wont get anywere near a big time deal. I realy dont think that Pioli and company will even consider him. But if they would he might be a good backup to charles. I dont think he wants to be a backup though so I dont think that theres any chance we even talk to him.

AussieChiefsFan
02-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Anyway;

I dont fully understand why SD would release him, I mean sure they have Sproles but still, he's alright.
:sign0085:

honda522
02-05-2010, 09:49 PM
If he still were the rb that he was at one time i would have given anything to have him. But hes not that rb anymore. He gets hurt every year now. Age has caught up with him. He wont get anywere near a big time deal. I realy dont think that Pioli and company will even consider him. But if they would he might be a good backup to charles. I dont think he wants to be a backup though so I dont think that theres any chance we even talk to him.
If he were that guy still, there wouldn't be talk of him leaving...unless he whined his way out of SD.

Connie Jo
02-06-2010, 02:33 AM
I never cared for his being called by his initials 'LT'. It wasn't his fault, it's just that in my mind there is only one LT in the NFL...silly I know, haha. 'THE LT' ...Lawrence Taylor.

Other's must have felt the same way, because the media began to distinquish the two by often calling LaDainian Tomlinson "LT2".

pbatrucker
02-06-2010, 04:02 AM
We just got rid of one over the hill RB, why would we want another.

AussieChiefsFan
02-06-2010, 04:04 AM
We just got rid of one over the hill RB, why would we want another.

Good Point.

Canada
02-06-2010, 09:16 AM
I never cared for his being called by his initials 'LT'. It wasn't his fault, it's just that in my mind there is only one LT in the NFL...silly I know, haha. 'THE LT' ...Lawrence Taylor.

Other's must have felt the same way, because the media began to distinquish the two by often calling LaDainian Tomlinson "LT2".

Meh...i always thought it was funny. I dont like LT (not because of him) but I hate that he is always portrayed as the greatest LB ever when it was clearly DT who is the man. LT just played in NY so he got the attention. Move over LT the 90's belong to DT!!

MDChiefs!
02-06-2010, 09:47 AM
yep. RBs are a dime a dozen now a days and he knows his starting days are over. I would like to get another back to share some of the load with JC though, just not another scat back

Connie Jo
02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Meh...i always thought it was funny. I dont like LT (not because of him) but I hate that he is always portrayed as the greatest LB ever when it was clearly DT who is the man. LT just played in NY so he got the attention. Move over LT the 90's belong to DT!!

Yeah, I know most consider LT the best...but of course like you, I don't consider him the best either...that would be our one and only DT!!!

I have that DT video saved on my PC. DT feature video and at the end when he drive's off in his car gives that big one of a kind DT smile and says, "LT, the 90's belong to DT!", hahaha.

matthewschiefs
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM

Dt was the man thats for sure. The sad thing is most of the NFL fans today dont realy rember how great DT was. Its a shame that his carrer was cut short then he would probley get the hipe he deserved.

Connie Jo
02-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Dt was the man thats for sure. The sad thing is most of the NFL fans today dont realy rember how great DT was. Its a shame that his carrer was cut short then he would probley get the hipe he deserved.

Yeah, it is sad his career was cut short, and that is one reason he's not remembered as much beyond Chiefs fans. I think however, the biggest reason he's often forgotten as being great by the media and overall NFL fan base...is because the Chiefs had no Super Bowl appearances during DT's career as a Chiefs.

In LT's case...he has two Super Bowl victories & rings to his credit. Super Bowls seem to make a big difference with many players being imortalized by the media, which in turn keeps those players in the thoughts of fans overall...as being the greatest.

Ryfo18
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
LT2's prime is past him. He averaged a measly 3.3 YPC last year, which is below par for a RB in the NFL. Oh, guess who averaged 3.2YPC last year? A man that plays for the Bengals named LJ.

kilobytes
02-09-2010, 01:04 AM
LT has the same exact YPC as Larry Johnson at 3.3 this season except LT's much more injury prone....I don't think anyone here wants that especially having JC and a worse O line than SD.

yashi
02-10-2010, 11:17 AM
No thank you. Dude has more mileage on him than my friend's Ford Taurus.