PDA

View Full Version : please play Brodie...

texaschief
09-09-2007, 03:45 PM
0-5 so far this season...yeah, Brodie threw INTs, but so does Huard. We're not going to win this year....for the LOVE OF GOD PLAY THE KID SO HE CAN GAIN EXPERIENCE FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

oh, p.s. Thanks for running this team into the ground Carl...job well done.

stlchief
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
0-5 so far this season...yeah, Brodie threw INTs, but so does Huard. We're not going to win this year....for the LOVE OF GOD PLAY THE KID SO HE CAN GAIN EXPERIENCE FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

oh, p.s. Thanks for running this team into the ground Carl...job well done.

c'mon - the problem was not Huard. It was game plan. Huard had 2 interceptions -- one hit the receiver in the hands and as he was hit, it went straight up in the air.

They didn't let him throw the ball downfield in the 2nd half.

Croyle would not have been better (maybe he wouldn't have been worse either) -- this is all on Solari for not telling Herm to stick it and call some real football plays...

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
It won't matter who plays; Herm will hold so far back on the reigns that I'll be surprised if we score more then ten points a game. So, you see there really isn't any experience to be gained running Germ Peterson's style of NON-fense.

bigpoppachief
09-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I love the chiefs and I love to see them win but if we are going to lose i would rather have a 0-16 season and get a great first round pick *ahem* Colt Brennan or someone else that can chancge the chiefs right away. Bowe looked good today so im happy to see that I would much rather have Croyle playing because he may throw interceptions but at least his interceptions are 30 40 yds down the field not 5 or 10 like huards. I know he cant be blamed for the one pick today but when a defensive lineman intercepts the ball you should ram your hed into a gatorade cooler and hope you drown. Well thats just my thought But I will always see red and love the KC Chiefs !

Three7s
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not gonna make any excuses about today's game at all. What I saw was pitiful offensive play calling going up against a very good defense. It is obvious to me and everyone that Herm was being WAY too conservative. I only saw 3 or 4 plays that were for more than 20 yards. Who does he think he is? Throw the ball down the field, you won't win unless you give your offense a chance to make plays.
Right now, it looks like Herm is controlling the offense, and it looks like he has no confidence whatsoever in it. He's afraid of interceptions, he's afraid of turnovers, he's afraid of drops. All of those happened today, but not because of taking risks. Exactly the opposite, the Texans knew EXACTLY what we were trying to do, and they swarmed our short passes and screens completely. In the beginning of the game, I saw a glimmer of hope that Herm was beginning to get into the rythm, but Medlock missing the chipshot just shoved the momentum we had down our throats.
Defense overall was good, they got hit for one big play which was a TD, but really I gotta give to to the playcalling there. Ahman Green sold it beautifully by going through a hole like he was running and not clearly blocking anyone, and every single guy on defense bit. Other than that, defense was good. Hopefully, Herm can get off his conservative butt, get into the playbook, and THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD.

tornadospotter
09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
On a positive note. Sammy Parker found out that he has hands, and they can catch footballs if used correctly

Blitz53
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
It took Herm Edwards 18 games to gut our once great offence. He and Carl Peterson have done the same thing to our Chiefs as the Royals Management from across the parking lot. What a shame!
The shell game Herm and Carl played with our defence resulted in the Texans scoring Again and Again and Again.
I started to have a sick feeling in my stomach as I watched the Miami game at Arrowhead. The offence couldn't move the ball and couldn't score. I was so hoping I was wrong.
Where did we find that horrible kick returner? Did you notice that Benny Sapp started returning the kicks? Where did we find those other loosers?
It is a sad day in the Chiefs Nation!
:mob:

texaschief
09-09-2007, 05:00 PM
c'mon - the problem was not Huard. It was game plan. Huard had 2 interceptions -- one hit the receiver in the hands and as he was hit, it went straight up in the air.

i didn't say it was all Huards fault... i understand that the offense is horrible...i'm just saying if that's what we're gonna get out of our offense, let Brodie get some real game experience. He can hand the ball off with the best of them.

What's the worst that could happen? we start winning games and get a poor draft pick? I wouldn't be shocked if we start 0-8... what team in the next 7 do you really think we could beat? Oakland? that's always a tuff game, despite how awful they are...now we can't stop anyone OR score now.

PLAY BRODIE!!!

stlchief
09-09-2007, 05:17 PM
i didn't say it was all Huards fault... i understand that the offense is horrible...i'm just saying if that's what we're gonna get out of our offense, let Brodie get some real game experience. He can hand the ball off with the best of them.

What's the worst that could happen? we start winning games and get a poor draft pick? I wouldn't be shocked if we start 0-8... what team in the next 7 do you really think we could beat? Oakland? that's always a tuff game, despite how awful they are...now we can't stop anyone OR score now.

PLAY BRODIE!!!

OK - I re-read --> I agree with you. Doesn't matter who was there, if you are not throwing the ball, that offense is not going any where. AND if we are going to play that offense all year, then we will not make the play-offs. If we are pretty sure we are not going to make the play-offs, play Croyle. Why not?

Herm screwed us. Solari sold out.

The defense did not look that bad. They had some big plays. They only gave up 13 points. 3 of those were due to a turn-over. That last drive, they just looked tired - and who can blame them? They were on the field forever due to run - run - pass - punt.

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

chief31
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
On the other hand, the offense really hasn't played together, it was a road game and we are only 0-1. I say give Huard a real chance. Don't throw in the towel because of one lousy game. Nor, just two lousy games. What kind of sense would it make to feed Croyle to the Bears? How much do you guys hate Brodie Croyle?

Easy.

Three7s
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
On the other hand, the offense really hasn't played together, it was a road game and we are only 0-1. I say give Huard a real chance. Don't throw in the towel because of one lousy game. Nor, just two lousy games. What kind of sense would it make to feed Croyle to the Bears? How much do you guys hate Brodie Croyle?

Easy.
It's not the fact that we're only 0-1, it's the fact that 2 of the next 3 games are on the road, and against VERY tough teams. I'm watching the Bears just owning the Chargers offense right now, and gotta say, Chargers look even worse than the Chiefs offense right now. Mostly due to Bear defense though, which we get to face next week. Bear offense stinks though, so we'll be in the game the whole say, but unless we get some turnovers, doubt we'll win.

chief31
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
It's not the fact that we're only 0-1, it's the fact that 2 of the next 3 games are on the road, and against VERY tough teams. I'm watching the Bears just owning the Chargers offense right now, and gotta say, Chargers look even worse than the Chiefs offense right now. Mostly due to Bear defense though, which we get to face next week. Bear offense stinks though, so we'll be in the game the whole say, but unless we get some turnovers, doubt we'll win.

Right, so why throw Croyle into that kind of heat?

Three7s
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm not saying we should! I think people are a tad bit mad about the game today for good reason, and I'm scared to death of the Bears next week. Here's what I think we should do. Play Huard for the next 3 games, if we aren't at least 1-3, then play Croyle.

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm not saying we should! I think people are a tad bit mad about the game today for good reason, and I'm scared to death of the Bears next week. Here's what I think we should do. Play Huard for the next 3 games, if we aren't at least 1-3, then play Croyle.

I gotcha and I agree. Let Huard take the 'hard knocks' for the next couple of weeks, then reward him with a chance to play at least one of the games from the lighter part of the schedule. If he can get the offense together, then great. But, if he can't, then you have a great schedule spot, to insert the kid.

texaschief
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
it's just not smart to keep the kid on the bench... in my eyes...even since the end of last season, i've known our team would be absolutely AWFUL, and i've tried to say as much on this board. when a team is going to have a horrible season (which every team does...except the chiefs who are stuck in mediocre hell) they need to find out about the "players of the future" during THAT season.

Put those new CBs in the game if they're part of the future. Put Bowe, Webb, and Sippio in the game. Give LJ and Gonzo a season to "hang out" and play the young kids behind them. This would keep a season off the odometer for these vets.

If we can have another solid draft and maybe sign one or two key FAs for the O-line, we could have a very succesful season in 08. maybe not a Super Bowl team, but we could make the Playoffs and maybe win a game or two once we get there. It just takes a season of "takin your lumps".

THIS WILL BE A PAINFUL SEASON IN K.C.

AND FOR GOD SAKES, PLAY CROYLE!!

wolfpack
09-09-2007, 09:31 PM
if this offense dosent do any better by the 3rd game,start croyle.

sling58
09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
It won't matter who plays; Herm will hold so far back on the reigns that I'll be surprised if we score more then ten points a game. So, you see there really isn't any experience to be gained running Germ Peterson's style of NON-fense.

Exactly. No one is going to score with Herm's offensive play book. I bet IF we ever get 21 points in a game he will take a knee from then on if we are even on the one yard line. No guts.

swmochiefsfan
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Exactly. No one is going to score with Herm's offensive play book. I bet IF we ever get 21 points in a game he will take a knee from then on if we are even on the one yard line. No guts.
agreed

wolfpack
09-10-2007, 10:09 AM

i cant beleive hermmie said the other week that anything over 30 points is "arnea" football. 21 points was to much. this is just plain BS that a head coach says that.

DrunkHillbilly
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
We should be game planning for game 3 already!!

swmochiefsfan
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
What game plan,I damn sure didn't see one yesterday,and for god sakes hold onto the ball.Not sure a change at QB would of made any difference and not in chicago either.

royalswin100games
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
On a positive note. Sammy Parker found out that he has hands, and they can catch footballs if used correctly

HA HA HA HA HA HA
:funnypost:

Does it really matter who we play at quarterback when the offensive line is in shambles? Why didn't we draft Ryan Khalil? He was on the board in the second round. I really hope something amazing happens and we win the West but c'mon now. Beer is every Chief's fans best friend this year.

:toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA
:funnypost:

Does it really matter who we play at quarterback when the offensive line is in shambles? Why didn't we draft Ryan Khalil? He was on the board in the second round. I really hope something amazing happens and we win the West but c'mon now. Beer is every Chief's fans best friend this year.

:toast2:

WOW!!!! Someone I actually agree with!

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 11:02 PM
There is no joy in KC...

Canada
09-11-2007, 02:05 AM
There is no joy in KC...

There is always joy in KC!!! :bananen_smilies046: sometimes u gotta look deep into a bottle of bud to see it, but it is there!! :toast2:

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 02:33 AM
There is always joy in KC!!! :bananen_smilies046: sometimes u gotta look deep into a case of bud to see it, but it is there!! :toast2:

FYR! :D

rbedgood
09-11-2007, 04:02 AM
There is always joy in KC!!! :bananen_smilies046: sometimes u gotta look deep into a brewery of bud to see it, but it is there!! :toast2:

FYR! :D

FYR...x2

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 08:38 AM
FYR...x2

Agreed! :bananen_smilies046::sign0098: