PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Super Bowl Game Bore Me?

rookie
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I am a rookie, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I rarely watch football (time issue) but I watches the past 2 Super Bowls from beginning to end, and was entertained throughout.

I couldn't get into this game though -why not?

Is it me, or was it really boring?

For example, when I watched the New York Giants storm out swinging against the Patriots, my eyes were glued to the set. I couldn't believe it, I though I was
watching a scene from Mel Gibson'e Braveheart, the way the Giants wacked Tom Brady around like he was a ragdoll, and that set the pace... He recovered, but the giants kept pushing...

The latest Superbowl put me to sleep ...was it really that boring?

stricken721
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I didn't think so at all. I think so far you may be the only person that has said it was boring.. Nothing against you that's your preference. But I thought it was pretty entertaining.

AussieChiefsFan
02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I didn't think so at all. I think so far you may be the only person that has said it was boring.. Nothing against you that's your preference. But I thought it was pretty entertaining.

So did I! That interception was amazing!

honda522
02-08-2010, 11:20 PM
First half's of superbowls are always boring.

matthewschiefs
02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
IT was a good game. Both teams had there shots to win. A lot of times the superbowl is over by halftime so this was a good game.

AussieChiefsFan
02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
IT was a good game. Both teams had there shots to win. A lot of times the superbowl is over by halftime so this was a good game.
Not in the past decade.

2008 Steelers, Cardinals

2007 Giants, Patriots

2005 Patriots, Eagles

2004 Patriots, panthers

2002 patriots, Rams

they were all close games

matthewschiefs
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Not in the past decade.

2008 Steelers, Cardinals

2007 Giants, Patriots

2005 Patriots, Eagles

2004 Patriots, panthers

2002 patriots, Rams

they were all close games

They have gotten better lately. But Most the superbowls I have seen have been blowouts. Hopefuly the days of the blowouts are better.

AussieChiefsFan
02-08-2010, 11:34 PM
They have gotten better lately. But Most the superbowls I have seen have been blowouts. Hopefuly the days of the blowouts are better.

yeah they seem to be getting better

rookie
02-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I just think I was spoiled by the two horseraces that preceded this Super Bowl.

Sn@keIze
02-09-2010, 12:25 AM
This superbowl was outstanding!

rookie ur going to have to develop an appreciation for the regelur season and each teams personal story and what it takes to get there to fully appreciate it.

But this Superbowl IMO was in my top 5.

Because there was a total to 63 complete passes. What a show! That has nver happened in a Superbowl.

Got to see some guts, how bout that onside kick?! It was soooo gutsy even the colts knew that they werent crazy enuf to do it. therefore unprepared for it.

I thought Addai and Bush were extremely fun to watch. Especially Addai, talk about some serious moves.

And the officiating was awesome. They let both teams play. I wish this crew would officiate the rest of the superbowls. you hardly knew the refs were there. I mean, how many penalties were in the game?

And most of all. The good guys won.

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 03:09 AM

rookie ur going to have to develop an appreciation for the regelur season and each teams personal story and what it takes to get there to fully appreciate it.

Because there was a total to 63 complete passes. What a show! That has nver happened in a Superbowl.

Got to see some guts, how bout that onside kick?! It was soooo gutsy even the colts knew that they werent crazy enuf to do it. therefore unprepared for it.

I thought Addai and Bush were extremely fun to watch. Especially Addai, talk about some serious moves.

And the officiating was awesome. They let both teams play. I wish this crew would officiate the rest of the superbowls. you hardly knew the refs were there. I mean, how many penalties were in the game?

Yep! and REP!

honda522
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM

It helped that the Saints made it to their first Super Bowl.

I think to win a game, sometimes you have to take a risk.

There were a few records broken/tied this year.

It was great, until they tried to ripp off the Saints on the 2PC. That was the only bad/none call in the game.

Canada
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM
It was great, until they tried to ripp off the Saints on the 2PC. That was the only bad/none call in the game.

Yeah, the Saints haven't had enough calls/non calls go their way this post season.

I think the game seemed a bit more boring because it didnt come down to a last drive to win/tie. It was pretty much done when Manning threw the INT. Woulda been better if he scored on that drive and NO went down for the win. Just not as much drama this year.

Sn@keIze
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, the Saints haven't had enough calls/non calls go their way this post season.

I think the game seemed a bit more boring because it didnt come down to a last drive to win/tie. It was pretty much done when Manning threw the INT. Woulda been better if he scored on that drive and NO went down for the win. Just not as much drama this year.
the score was quite deceptive as to how close this game was tho.

If Manning doest throw that pick for 6, the chances of them going on down to tie and then having an OT game are very possible.

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I only remember being bored watching one Super Bowl...the 49er's and Chargers, can't remember the year, but it was a very boring game.

Canada
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
the score was quite deceptive as to how close this game was tho.

If Manning doest throw that pick for 6, the chances of them going on down to tie and then having an OT game are very possible.

I agree totally, I was just saying that not having a dramatic finish may be why that guy thought it was a boring SB. Just my $0.02

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I agree totally, I was just saying that not having a dramatic finish may be why that guy thought it was a boring SB. Just my $0.02

I somewhat thought maybe he was bored cause he said he doesn't get to watch much football, and therefore likely doesn't comprehend the emotional magnitude of Super Bowl. I don't think it could be the same thrill for someone who isn't following football the entire season.

Also, he was the one pimping Katy Perry for the halftime show in the other forum the day before Super Bowl. I think his interest and attention were pre-occupied somewhat, hahaha. :D

AussieChiefsFan
02-09-2010, 11:30 PM
I just think I was spoiled by the two horseraces that preceded this Super Bowl.

:sign0153: