PDA

View Full Version : How will you celebrate the Chiefs Super Bowl?

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
When our Chiefs are in the Super Bowl...how will you celebrate?

I've been planning my Chiefs Super Bowl Party for several years. I have a couple storage tubs filled with Chiefs related items that I've been saving for a Chiefs Super Bowl Party...banners, red & gold foil garlands, balloons, etc..

I don't know if I'll host the party here at home, or at Arrowhead! I'm hoping when the Chiefs go to Superbowl, that the Chiefs organization will allow tailgating at Arrowhead. I know it will be cold, but I plan on loading up & bringing my firepit with plenty of logs too! hahaha :)

Ryfo18
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I gotta be honest, I probably won't remember it
:toast2::bananen_smilies046::2bang9hj:

jacko58
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I gotta be honest, I probably won't remember it
:toast2::bananen_smilies046::2bang9hj:

lol i'm with you:drunkhb: :chiefs: :canbeer:

pbatrucker
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I'd probably celebrate with a heart attack!!

honda522
02-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll probably party for days on ends without sleep.

stricken721
02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
When I come out of my state of shock I will probably go to Kansas City and watch it at a bar and grill or something that way I can be in KC when they go the Super Bowl and celebrate with all the other KC fans.

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh my GAWD you guys!!! I hope you're kidding about remembering it, lol.

After all the years of waiting...the emotional turmoil that comes from the highs & lows with waiting so long...hoping, wishing, praying, frustration, and so much more sacrificing as a Chiefs fan...

I'm gonna consume alcohol in moderation until the win is almost official...then I'll party hearty to the possible point of memory loss, lol.

I might party during the AFC Championship game advancing us to the Super Bowl, but I want to remember this next Chiefs Super Bowl for the remainder of my life! :D

honda522
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't know if I can watch us lose the Superbowl. It would be tough.

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
When I come out of my state of shock I will probably go to Kansas City and watch it at a bar and grill or something that way I can be in KC when they go the Super Bowl and celebrate with all the other KC fans.

The city will be RED in every way possible! It's the 'City of Fountains'...all the water in all the fountains will be colored RED! They do that when we win the AFC West too. It's pretty awesome to see, except it can be gory in a way, when it looks like spraying blood in some fountains, lol.

This ol' KC Chiefs squaw will be disappointed if you're not partying in Kansas City with fellow Chiefs Crowd members Clint! I've no doubt there will be plenty of members partying somewhere together in KC, if not allowed to at Arrowhead! :D

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM

No, no, no, no!!!! No negative thoughts like that young man!!!! We will NOT lose the Super Bowl! It will NOT happen! I feel it in my gut...it's an absolute WIN for the Chiefs!

:chiefs:

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd probably celebrate with a heart attack!!

NO! Save it for after the win! That way it can be known you sacrificed your heart for the Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs!! We'll petition Clark to erect a monument in your honor in front of the stadium!!! :D

honda522
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
No, no, no, no!!!! No negative thoughts like that young man!!!! We will NOT lose the Super Bowl! It will NOT happen! I feel it in my gut...it's an absolute WIN for the Chiefs!

Well its not for a few years off..The bad part is someone has to lose.

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Yes, but it won't be the Chiefs!!! :D

tornadospotter
02-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I am going to go to Connie Jo's House, and help her pack what ever she wants to take, and paint Kansas City, Chiefs Red, and celebrate the win!!!!!!, Or what ever she plans on doing, because that Chiefs fan, has a plan.

Canada
02-09-2010, 10:50 PM

Way to keep the faith, does that kind of talk get the crowd pumped up at games too? :chiefs:

Connie Jo
02-09-2010, 11:00 PM
I am going to go to Connie Jo's House, and help her pack what ever she wants to take, and paint Kansas City, Chiefs Red, and celebrate the win!!!!!!, Or what ever she plans on doing, because that Chiefs fan, has a plan.

COOL!! Hey! Remember in high school before Homecoming game going out and writing graffitti on the highways? I want to do that too when the Chiefs go to Super Bowl!! Are you in? Cause I know I'll need a look out while I'm spray painting the highways! LOL

I'm gonna paint myself RED like Canada does too! Gonna dye my hair Chiefs RED with strips of yellow-gold here and there too! :D

N TX Dave
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I will get out of my death bed and get in my wheelchair and go down to the TV lounge and watch it and hope I can stay awake until the end or I will arise out of my grave and help you paint the town red.

AussieChiefsFan
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
When our Chiefs are in the Super Bowl...how will you celebrate?

I've been planning my Chiefs Super Bowl Party for several years. I have a couple storage tubs filled with Chiefs related items that I've been saving for a Chiefs Super Bowl Party...banners, red & gold foil garlands, balloons, etc..

I don't know if I'll host the party here at home, or at Arrowhead! I'm hoping when the Chiefs go to Superbowl, that the Chiefs organization will allow tailgating at Arrowhead. I know it will be cold, but I plan on loading up & bringing my firepit with plenty of logs too! hahaha :)
If the Chiefs DO make it to the Superbowl Ill be crazy! I wont be able to move because Ill be so excited!

tornadospotter
02-10-2010, 12:00 AM

:feedback: Are you going to be negative person all your live? Because I chose to be a :homer:

AussieChiefsFan
02-10-2010, 12:07 AM

me too!

tornadospotter
02-10-2010, 12:07 AM
COOL!! Hey! Remember in high school before Homecoming game going out and writing graffitti on the highways? I want to do that too when the Chiefs go to Super Bowl!! Are you in? Cause I know I'll need a look out while I'm spray painting the highways! LOL

I'm gonna paint myself RED like Canada does too! Gonna dye my hair Chiefs RED with strips of yellow-gold here and there too! :D
I will be willing to even climb the water tower and paint I love the The Chief's!

Coach
02-10-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a bottle of Jack that I have been saving since 1999 that I will open when the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl. If the Chiefs ever play in the Super Bowl, I will be going.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I have a bottle of Jack that I have been saving since 1999 that I will open when the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl. If the Chiefs ever play in the Super Bowl, I will be going.

No "if's"...they WILL be playing in the Super Bowl!! I know it, I just don't know how soon...but it's feeling sooner rather than not!! :D

Shoot, I would go if I could, but know that won't be feasible. We can all be there through your being there though! Just knowing someone who will be there will be cool! You can share your experience with us! Please take lot's of pic's!! :D

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 12:51 AM
I will be willing to even climb the water tower and paint I love the The Chief's!

It's a good thing, cause I don't handle that type of height well, hahaha...my knees start feeling like rubber when I get too high up, lol.

matthewschiefs
02-10-2010, 01:05 AM
if and WHEN the chiefs go to the superbowl I WILL BE THERE! I will come up with some way to be there that you can count on.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
if and WHEN the chiefs go to the superbowl I WILL BE THERE! I will come up with some way to be there that you can count on.

UGH!! What am I going to do with you boys and your "if's"? hahaha

Trust me!...it's not a matter of "if"...simply a matter of when, and the when will be sooner rather than later!!!

My RED & GOLD heart feels it WILL be! :D

tornadospotter
02-10-2010, 01:33 AM

Trust me!...it's not a matter of "if"...simply a matter of when, and the when will be sooner rather than later!!!

Well that is the difference, I did not use ifs! So that is why I am a :homer:and dang proud of it!:chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
02-10-2010, 01:37 AM

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaayaaaa!!!!!!

Sn@keIze
02-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Some of u dont know this about me.

But Im 112 years old.

and when the Chiefs win the superbowl, I will finally let go..

Canada
02-10-2010, 07:54 AM
I have a bottle of Jack that I have been saving since 1999 that I will open when the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl. If the Chiefs ever play in the Super Bowl, I will be going and I will be taking Canada with me!!.
Thanks Coach!! :bananen_smilies046:

Ryfo18
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM

Same here. I've always said if the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl I will attend in person. Just something that I can't miss!

Ryfo18
02-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks Coach!! :bananen_smilies046:

I see what you did there haha.

bigpoppachief
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Honestly I dont care if i have to sell my first born I am going to the superbowl lol Jking but it is a thought or my kidney :D

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 06:15 PM
I've never checked into it...but I've always heard from others that it's not as easy as just being able to buy tickets to the Super Bowl. I've heard most are bought up prior to their ever being offered to the general public...by the NFL, Franchises, players, media, all the connections that go along with each, and so on.

Any truth to that SB ticket folklore or not?

Ryfo18
02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I've never checked into it...but I've always heard from others that it's not as easy as just being able to buy tickets to the Super Bowl. I've heard most are bought up prior to their ever being offered to the general public...by the NFL, Franchises, players, media, all the connections that go along with each, and so on.

I'm not 100% positive, but I have a bunch of friends that are Bears fans and were able to get tickets after the NFC championship when the Bears were in the Super Bowl 3 years ago. So I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to get some, even if I'm in the nose bleeds...And I'm sure they won't be cheap either. That's just something I can't miss.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not 100% positive, but I have a bunch of friends that are Bears fans and were able to get tickets after the NFC championship when the Bears were in the Super Bowl 3 years ago. So I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to get some, even if I'm in the nose bleeds...And I'm sure they won't be cheap either. That's just something I can't miss.

Yeah, most likely the lower levels are pre-reserved for those connected in some manner, or involved. Also, I believe the local taxpayers of the county the stadium is in, also have first purchase rights. Arrowhead is like that with game tickets too...what Jackson County residents don't buy up at a pre-sale then are offered to the general public.

I've heard SB ticket prices are in the thousands for two...but again, don't know if that's truth or fiction. Which is why I assume no matter how badly I want to go, couldn't. On top of that of course would be travel expenses...hotel, etc..

I'm okay with not going though, because just being able to experience our Chiefs in the Super Bowl as an adult, with fellow fans & friends celebrating...will be a priceless lifetime experience worthy all in itself.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
I would do what i could do to get a ticket and if not KC HERE I COME PAINTBRUSH IN HAND!:party-smiley-048: :densux:

chief31
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Being a Chiefs and Cubs fan gives me no help in determining how I would celebrate a championship.

However, Michael Jordan gave me some opportunities. :D

Being older now, I imagine I would not drink as much. Lol

But the celebration really never ends. And is prominent for about a year.

It really just gives you the opportunity to hold your head a little bit higher from that point on.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I would do what i could do to get a ticket and if not KC HERE I COME PAINTBRUSH IN HAND!:party-smiley-048: :densux:

YEEHAW!! Tornadospotter and I could use some extra hands painting KC RED!!

N TX Dave
02-10-2010, 11:42 PM

I don't know about now but 40 years ago the last Chiefs SB win my mother went to the game but I am sure it was easier then. I would have gone if I was not in the Army which had other plans for me.
I am sure you will be able get tickets from a travel agency in some package or other.

tornadospotter
02-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Okay we have a Painter, glad, do not know if I could still climb up a water tower! I will be the get away driver, Connie can be the color coordinator!
:yahoo::lol:

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Okay we have a Painter, glad, do not know if I could still climb up a water tower! I will be the get away driver, Connie can be the color coordinator!

Oh well hell, that's the easiest color coordinating job ever!! RED & GOLD!! More RED than GOLD however, hahaha.

Y'all would've been proud of me back in 1993 I think it was...my memory is fading some with which games were which I became excited over, lol. Fairly certain it was when we beat the Oilers in a playoff game, advancing. I insisted upon making the 1 1/2 hr drive to the downtown Airport in KC, to cheer on & welcome the Chiefs back home when their plane arrived. I had to drag my hesitant family with me, lol.

Many Chiefs fans had the same idea, it was a big win!...traffic was backed up around the airport. To entertain myself while inching our way to the parking area...I waved a Chiefs flag out the window, cheered on other fans, honked horns...the line of traffic began celebrating! haha

We managed to make our way inside the airport. The crowd was thick, noisey with chatter, but no rowdiness like I expected. I rowdied it up with my loud cheering yells, hahaha. At first my family was a bit embarrassed, lol...but my enthusiasm was contagious, including family!

The crowd was amped when the plane landed and the Chiefs began to enter the passenger unboarding area. The Chiefs responded with the same enthusiasm we fans had. :D

That was the only time we ever drove to meet the Chiefs at the airport, but it's a priceless Chiefs memory! I lost my flag on the way home though, while waving it out the window going down the interstate! :(

N TX Dave
02-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Who remembers the Clint Eastwood movie Pale Rider where he had the whole town painted red? You think he was just celebrating a future Chiefs win? LOL

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
I remember that movie! It was a Western, he was a ghost, and was seeking revenge against the town I think, cause the town was guilty related to his death, or something along those lines.

Clint is one of my favorite actor's, so have seen all of his movies, with exception of the most recent.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
02-15-2010, 07:19 PM
sounds good to me:bananen_smilies046: And i hope:sFl_canada2: is there i need to meet that dude! :beat_DeadHorse: <-----i sure hope that is a jackass!!!!

Pro_Angler
02-23-2010, 11:13 PM
I will be at the game and will be the end of my bucket list and can die happy!!!!!!!

Chiefster
02-23-2010, 11:25 PM
"I see myself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me." :D

N TX Dave
02-24-2010, 10:30 AM
sounds good to me:bananen_smilies046: And i hope:sFl_canada2: is there i need to meet that dude! :beat_DeadHorse: <-----i sure hope that is a jackass!!!!

:beat_DeadHorse:Nope not a jackass - It's beating a dead horse.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
02-24-2010, 09:51 PM
:beat_DeadHorse:Nope not a jackass - It's beating a dead horse.
TY! It's all the same to me LIKE BEATING A DENVER JACKASS OR DEAD HORSE!:densux: :toast2:

Connie Jo
02-25-2010, 10:40 PM
TY! It's all the same to me LIKE BEATING A DENVER JACKASS OR DEAD HORSE!:densux: :toast2:

:lol:

I agree!

tornadospotter
02-25-2010, 11:35 PM
"I see myself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me." :D

??????? Okay that might be scary! A thousand naked women, pickles, you have been busy!:D

Connie Jo
02-25-2010, 11:43 PM
??????? Okay that might be scary! A thousand naked women, pickles, you have been busy!:D

My thought is if all the women have been craving those pickles...there might be a bunch of little Chiefster's running around in the vision fast forwarded a few months! hahaha

matthewschiefs
02-25-2010, 11:44 PM
My thought is if all the women have been craving those pickles...there might be a bunch of little Chiefster's running around in the vision fast forwarded a few months! hahaha

I am so scared right now.

tornadospotter
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM
:11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11:

Connie Jo
02-25-2010, 11:49 PM

How scared? Like shaking in your boot's scared, or just a little bit scared? Ain't nothing to be scared of unless you're gonna be recruited to help change all those diapers! That's scary! LOL

matthewschiefs
02-25-2010, 11:54 PM
How scared? Like shaking in your boot's scared, or just a little bit scared? Ain't nothing to be scared of unless you're gonna be recruited to help change all those diapers! That's scary! LOL

Just the thought of a bunch of little chiefsters running around is enough to give me nightmares for years. :drunkhb:

AussieChiefsFan
02-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Just the thought of a bunch of little chiefsters running around is enough to give me nightmares for years. :drunkhb:

:lol:

Chiefster
02-25-2010, 11:56 PM
I have come to the conclusion that not many here have seen the show "Real Genius". :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
02-25-2010, 11:57 PM
I have come to the conclusion that not many here have seen the show "Real Genius". :lol:

Does it have mini Chiefsters running around? (just been watchin' the conversation :D)

Just askin'
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tornadospotter
02-26-2010, 12:00 AM
I was just thinking you may want to cut down on the little blue pill, cause you is having some funky dreams, then again, whats wrong with that!:D

Connie Jo
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Nope, not familiar with the show Real Genius, lol. I think we managed to turn your pleasant vision into a little Chiefster's diaper changing nightmare...sorry! LOL :)

Chiefster
02-26-2010, 12:16 AM
I was just thinking you may want to cut down on the little blue pill, cause you is having some funky dreams, then again, whats wrong with that!:D

Hey, I'm not the only one who has that dream...

YouTube- Classic Val Kilmer Quote

Chiefster
02-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Nope, not familiar with the show Real Genius, lol. I think we managed to turn your pleasant vision into a little Chiefster's diaper changing nightmare...sorry! LOL :)

:lol: yup, I've done my time.

Connie Jo
02-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey, I'm not the only one who has that dream...

YouTube- Classic Val Kilmer Quote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJNpImHIRQ)

WOW! A teen age Val Kilmer! Never saw that movie. First movie I saw with Val Kilmer in it was Top Gun, haha.

tornadospotter
02-26-2010, 12:37 AM
WOW! A teen age Val Kilmer! Never saw that movie. First movie I saw with Val Kilmer in it was Top Gun, haha.
Holly crap, he was in top gun, I loved that movie, Meg Ryan she was hot.

chiefnut
02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
i have 2 bottles of Louis Vermeil Cabernet Sauvignon that i have been saving just for that. the entire house will be decorated w/a plethora of CHIEFS trolls, flags,throws,mugs,glasses, pillows, all the nesting dolls will come out, watches , rings, magnets, decals, face tatoos,etc....

buffman316
02-26-2010, 03:47 PM
This will be about a three day celebration with friends who withstood the storm with me. I would go to the "Arrowhead Tailgate Celebration" too. That would be a blast!

Connie Jo
02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Holly crap, he was in top gun, I loved that movie, Meg Ryan she was hot.

Yeah, Top Gun I think was the movie that helped Val and Meg both become major film stars afterwards. Val was 'Iceman'...the pilot who didn't get along with Tom Cruise till the end, then he told him he could be his wingman anytime.

Connie Jo
02-27-2010, 10:10 AM
This will be about a three day celebration with friends who withstood the storm with me. I would go to the "Arrowhead Tailgate Celebration" too. That would be a blast!

I just can't imagine there not being a huge tailgating event at Arrowhead for us Chiefs fans unable to attend the actual Super Bowl game, wherever it 'WILL' be.

Canada
02-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I just can't imagine there not being a huge tailgating event at Arrowhead for us Chiefs fans unable to attend the actual Super Bowl game, wherever it 'WILL' be.

Personally, I think that would be the better party. Go to Arrowhead and watch the game on the big screen and party with the real Chiefs fans!! :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
02-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Personally, I think that would be the better party. Go to Arrowhead and watch the game on the big screen and party with the real Chiefs fans!! :bananen_smilies046:
Now you're talking!! Me too! Going to the Chiefs Super Bowl will be fun, but I'd rather be among a bunch of hell raising Chiefs fans at Arrowhead when we win! The before party will be great, but the after party celebrating victory priceless!!
:chiefs: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah, "Real Genuis" was only his second film.

Here's what he looks like now.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/02/229.jpg

Boy has let himself go.

Connie Jo
02-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, "Real Genuis" was only his second film.

Here's what he looks like now.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/02/229.jpg

Boy has let himself go.

Wow!! I wouldn't say he's let himself go necessarily, put on some weight of course, haha. I wonder if he's preparing for a role that required him to gain weight? I've heard that is done, as well as having to lose weight for roles too.

tornadospotter
02-27-2010, 08:31 PM
:lol: yup, I've done my time.
Nope, wait until grand babies come along, I though I was done to, until T-Man came along! :yahoo:

Chiefster
02-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Nope, wait until grand babies come along, I though I was done to, until T-Man came along! :yahoo:

I don't think I'll ever be a grandparent.