PDA

View Full Version : Brian Waters - Facebook - I need a favor please!

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I would like to ask of all those who are willing...to please become a fan of Brian Waters on Facebook. Brian only has 302 fans currently, as to where the other Chiefs on Facebook, and other NFL players for that matter...have fans literally in the thousands!

Brian just won the NFL's most prestigious and honorable award...Walter Payton Man of the Year! Yet his fan base is so very minimal by comparison to his fellow Chiefs and NFL peers! There is something wrong with that IMO!

Brian gives of himself unselfishly and humbly in so many ways as a Chief, and as a fellow member of society. More often than not, he goes unrecognized as such. I believe it's time, and well deserved, for us as Chiefs fans to pay some respectful recognition to one of the good guys, to one of our most loyal and dedicated Kansas City Chiefs roster members.

If you're on Facebook please link to Brian, become a fan. Brian will appreciate such no doubt. It's the most honorable and respectful way I know to show our gratitude as a Chiefs fan to Brian...for all he gives of himself in every aspect of life. He needs to be recognized more than he is, and he should be receiving more congrats for winning the WP award too!

Thanks in advance!! :D

honda522
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
You do know he isn't the creator of that, don't you? He probably doesn't know or care really.

sammyboy909
02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Just added him. Great idea Connie Jo! I am happy to become a facebook fan of our Walter Payton man of the year and multiple pro-bowl guard.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
You do know he isn't the creator of that, don't you? He probably doesn't know or care really.

Yes, I do know he has someone manage it for him...it was that person who pointed out initially that there were only 300 fans even after the WP award. Brian is aware however he has a FB page. I doubt with his humble heart he care's what his fan base numbers are, but the point is to show him we care as fans. :)

Ryfo18
02-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm a fan!

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks Ryfo and sammyboy!! :)

stricken721
02-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Fan. Also invited some people :bananen_smilies046:

jacko58
02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
im a huge fan of waters but don't follow them on facebook or myspace cause you can never trust if there real or not

Everest
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Just added him as well. As an O-Lineman I think Waters is overlooked by many casual fans as he is not making the flashy plays and scoring td's.

tornadospotter
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I am a fan.

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 10:24 PM
im a huge fan of waters but don't follow them on facebook or myspace cause you can never trust if there real or not

Well, this is different...this isn't someone pretending to be Brian Waters...this is his Facebook Fan Page. It's stated clearly that it's not "HIS" official page persay...simply a Facebook page dedicated to Brian that his fans can leave comments for him at, etc..

He does read it.:D

Brian himself doesn't have his own personal Facebook page. The fan's page is the only Brian Waters page.

chief31
02-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, this is different...this isn't someone pretending to be Brian Waters...this is his Facebook Fan Page. It's stated clearly that it's not "HIS" official page persay...simply a Facebook page dedicated to Brian that his fans can leave comments for him at, etc..

He does read it.:D

Brian himself doesn't have his own personal Facebook page. The fan's page is the only Brian Waters page.

I don't have a Facebook account. And likely never will. Otherwise, I would definitely add Waters.

N TX Dave
02-10-2010, 11:06 PM
He has been added

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Thank you so much to all of you! I gave my word I'd try to help elevate his fan numbers, as I truly believe he deserves the recognition. I knew his fans were out there, simply not aware of his fan page. :)

Connie Jo
02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't have a Facebook account. And likely never will. Otherwise, I would definitely add Waters.

I didn't think I'd ever have one, but my family & friends kept after me till I set one up. It's nice that many of my family members, local friends, some friends I've come to know through Kid Rock over the yrs, and now at Chiefs Crowd...are all in one place.

That said, it can be a clash of worlds with a variety of personalities, haha. Some of the harsh Kid Rock fan personalites can be a concern. Thankfully the majority of Kid Rock fans have always been respectful towards me on his website, & so far that continues at Facebook when sharing mutual Kid Rock friends.

My conservative family & rural small town local friends would freak out over some of the things they can post towards one another, lol.

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm a fan now

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks again to y'all for helping me attempt to not let another great Chief player's accomplishments go unrecognized by fans overall...or be over-shadowed by bigger names.

It wasn't about the numbers, as much as it was wanting to recognize a great Chief in a show of fan base support. Winning the Man of the Year Award I think is an honorable and major NFL accomplishment, yet it's been over-shadowed of course by all the Super Bowl coverage, bigger names in the NFL, upcoming draft, etc..

Anyway, I made a similar post at kccchiefs.com fan forums, it wasn't received as respectfully as it was here. They don't know me over there, and there's some negative critical jerks to say the least. I think a bit on the chauvinistic side too, related to women. UGH! I've battled that often in life with being a Chiefs and NFL fan long before many women were...I'd hoped those days were past, but once in a while I'm reminded there are still some narrow-minded jerks out there in society who stereotype women. :(

It's not easy being a girl at times, lol. :)

Canada
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't have a Facebook account. And likely never will. Otherwise, I would definitely add Waters.Get one, all the cool kids are doing it!!

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Shoot...Todd Haley has his own page...OFFICIALLY! He posts comments to fans fairly often too. I think it's great when the players and coaches interact with the fans. Without the fans...there would be no Chiefs, no NFL.

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
I was listening to Josh looney's "Transactions Tuesday" Podcast yesterday and he said that the chiefs have the most players that have won the "Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award" out of any team with 5 wins. By, Len Dawson, Wilie Lanier, Derrick Thomas, Will Shields and now, Brian Waters!

hehe, I memorized it.:D

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I was listening to Josh looney's "Transactions Tuesday" Podcast yesterday and he said that the chiefs have the most players that have won the "Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award" out of any team with 5 wins. By, Len Dawson, Wilie Lanier, Derrick Thomas, Will Shields and now, Brian Waters!

hehe, I memorized it.:D

Heck, I didn't know Willie won it. I knew the rest had, but for some reason didn't Willie. I know now, thanks Aussie!

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Heck, I didn't know Willie won it. I knew the rest had, but for some reason didn't Willie. I know now, thanks Aussie!

No Problem. I learnt from Josh looney :D