PDA

View Full Version : Which offseason storyline are you most interested in following?

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2010, 01:40 AM
A poll from NFL.com I thought looked interesting.

So far on NFL.com these are the standings of the poll:

34%
If Brett Favre will return for a 20th season

24%
The ongoing labor negotiations

17%
If Michael Vick will get traded

14%
Where Julius Peppers winds up (Accidentally left this one out of the poll I created.

12%
Tim Tebow's draft status

Total Votes: 67590

stricken721
02-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I chose the Labor Negotiations. This is real stuff.. if no deal is reached we all lose. It will be interesting to see what happens.. everytime I hear lockout I think the NHL lockout that lasted for over a year.

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2010, 01:46 AM
I chose the Labor Negotiations. This is real stuff.. if no deal is reached we all lose. It will be interesting to see what happens.. everytime I hear lockout I think the NHL lockout that lasted for over a year.
Sorry to ask, But what do they mean by "labor negotiations"?http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

stricken721
02-11-2010, 01:51 AM
How much the teams make and how much the players make. This goes into the whole Collective Bargaining Agreement thing. I believe right now it's setup where the players get 60% of the profits, and the teams get 40%. From what I understand the players want to keep it the way it is, and the owners want to reverse it. It's a complicated subject.

stricken721
02-11-2010, 01:56 AM
I was wrong, the split is 75% players and 25% owners. Anywhere here is a story about it for ya, Aussie.
Goodell: Slow labor negotiations likely mean no salary cap in 2010 (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8125af10&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Connie Jo
02-11-2010, 01:58 AM
A poll from NFL.com I thought looked interesting.

So far on NFL.com these are the standings of the poll:

34%
If Brett Favre will return for a 20th season

24%
The ongoing labor negotiations

17%
If Michael Vick will get traded

14%
Where Julius Peppers winds up (Accidentally left this one out of the poll I created.

12%
Tim Tebow's draft status

Total Votes: 67590

The above would be my order of interest. I have faith they'll reach a deal in the labor negotiations. The MLB strike years back should have provided an important lesson to the NFL as well. It took a long time for the MLB to regain fan support, and I'm not sure it has reached the pre-strike level even yet.

They should just go 50/50. I'm fairly certain the franchises share part of their profit with the NFL umbrella.

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2010, 02:27 AM
How much the teams make and how much the players make. This goes into the whole Collective Bargaining Agreement thing. I believe right now it's setup where the players get 60% of the profits, and the teams get 40%. From what I understand the players want to keep it the way it is, and the owners want to reverse it. It's a complicated subject.

Sounds very complicated

Ryfo18
02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I know they will probably reach an agreement (because nobody makes money if they don't), but it's still the most interesting to me.