PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at Arrowhead traditions?

Connie Jo
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
What are your tailgating traditions at Arrowhead? Besides drinking beer of course, hahaha. :)

The first time I've been able to ever tailgate at Arrowhead, was at the home opener against the Raiders...thanks to YZILLA inviting & including me. I was able to tailgate a second time in December with Canada, YZILLA, Tammie & others. Both times I had a blast of course!

YZILLA's friend Nate, set a Raiders jersey on fire in a pre-game ceremony of sorts, haha. It was pretty cool & fun, and if I was to begin a tailgating tradition of my own, burning the opponents jersey would definitely be one!

honda522
02-12-2010, 09:15 PM
We just usually get there a few hours early and get some food. Then we go in an hour early and walk around the stadium.

Connie Jo
02-12-2010, 11:28 PM
We just usually get there a few hours early and get some food. Then we go in an hour early and walk around the stadium.

No rituals huh?

I like the burning of the jersey, but you'd need to find used or really cheap ones. I've seen used jerseys fairly cheap on Ebay that have peeling lettering.

Canada
02-13-2010, 06:34 AM
On gameday I only wear Chiefs clothes and drink out of my Chiefs coffee cup and use my Chiefs beer can holder. I start with the socks, boxers, thsirt, pants, sweater and hat!! Nothing that is not Kansas City on me anywhere!!

Canada
02-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Oh...and my jersey of course!!

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I do that too Canada!

Everything is Chiefs...clothes, shoes, purse, earrings, watch, ponytail holders, haha. I paint my toenails red, sometimes alternate toes between red & yellow gold too...my family laughs when I do that, haha.

If I could find some quality non bleeding wash out hair dye in Chiefs red & yellow gold...I'd dye my hair red on game day, with yellow gold streaks running through it. I've seen the wigs, but I think it would be cool to actually dye my hair. They don't make the wash out colors I need though. :(