PDA

View Full Version : Turley

chief31
08-27-2006, 02:50 AM
Having missed the game against the Rams tonight, I am going off of the three plays that were shown on ESPN, when I say, Turley is not cutting it.

On each of the three Chiefs offensive plays shown(each a running play for either a big gain, or a touchdown),Turley looked very bad. He was, again, falling all over himself. Of the three plays, he stayed on his feet once. In that play, he blocked, what looked like, a defensive back, away from the play, and released his man to quit on the play, well before the play was over.

I'm not certain what is wrong with him, but I don't recognize this guy as Kyle Turley. I don't reccomend starting him at any position right now. I
d go with Sampson at LT and (god forgive me for this one)................Jordan Black.......at RT.

I haven't had a real good look at Svitek, nor any of the other T's that we have on the roster, so maybe Black doesn't have to start.
But I reiterate, Kyle Turley is not working out.

Chiefster
08-27-2006, 11:55 AM
I'd say you probably didn't see him at his best this game. The plays I recognized where he did well was against a bull rushing DT that clearly out weighed him (of course at 280lbs. I think all DT's out weigh him) he held his own. On one particular play of note the same DT came on another bull rush and Turley dropped so fast and undercut him he had no idea what hit him. Turley needs to put on weight and shake off some rust, he should be fine. :-D ...Hopefully.

chief31
08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Having watched the entire game now, I still don't think that Kyle is in good enough shape for me to want him starting at left tackle. He was mediocre at pass protection and maybe even above average at run blocking, when asked to block only the guy in front of him. When asked to lead-block, or block into the linebackers' depth, he was poorly throwing himself at opponents' feet.

Ricky Proel, who announced the game, gave credit to Turley for a good block against a "bull-rush", which was undeserved. Green did manage to get the ball away, on the play. However, if he had waited any longer then he wouldn't have, due to Kyle being shoved onto his lap. Considering his current size, he did a pretty good job. But, in order to start at left tackle, he will need to do better, regardless of size.

Also, I noticed that Kevin Sampson had trouble against the "bull-rush" too. Otherwise, I still feel he is loaded with potential. Svitek also looked pretty decent. A bit rough around the edges, as they say. But I like his developement too.

Guru
08-30-2006, 11:52 PM
chief31 wrote:

Also, I noticed that Kevin Sampson had trouble against the "bull-rush" too. Otherwise, I still feel he is loaded with potential. Svitek also looked pretty decent. A bit rough around the edges, as they say. But I like his developement too.

I am hoping for Svitek to improve greatly and take the starting spot.

Chiefster
08-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Guru wrote:

chief31 wrote:

I am hoping for Svitek to improve greatly and take the starting spot.

I just hope that whoever starts does the job.

prough91
09-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe we could move Sims to left tackle. He might excel there. :-)

Chiefster
09-03-2006, 01:51 AM
prough91 wrote:
Maybe we could move Sims to left tackle. He might excel there. :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, he'd find away to stink at that position too.

prough91
09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
True. That is one thing he excels at.

Chiefster
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM
prough91 wrote:
True. That is one thing he excels at.

That does seem to be his one true talent.

Guru
09-03-2006, 06:31 PM
No. I want Trent to survive the season

Chiefster
09-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Guru wrote:
No. I want Trent to survive the season

The season? I'd want him to survive the first Offensive play. :-o

prough91
09-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm actually more worried about getting Will Shields back healthy.

Chiefster
09-03-2006, 11:23 PM
prough91 wrote:
I'm actually more worried about getting Will Shields back healthy.

Geez, I didn't even know he was out.

Good job with the article Colby. :-D

prough91
09-04-2006, 11:27 PM

Yeah, they said his consecutive start streak might even be over, but I wouldn't count Will out yet. He's one tough mofo.

Chiefster
09-04-2006, 11:30 PM
prough91 wrote:

Yeah, they said his consecutive start streak might even be over, but I wouldn't count Will out yet. He's one tough mofo.

Man, I sure hope not.

kenny1937
09-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Well all being said, the real deal starts Sunday and if we are to be sucessful in the NFL, Turley and the rest of them are going to have to "Show Up" in the words of the TV broadcaster, because our QB whoever is in there will have to have time to operate, or it will be a miserable season. I prefer to believe that the offensive line will show up and we will Shoot us a Bengal Tiger come Sunday! GO CHIEF'S!

:lol: 8-)

chief31
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Turley should be on the bench, right next to Black. He doesn't have anything. Give me Sampson on the left, and Svitek on the right.

Chiefster
09-11-2006, 01:18 AM
chief31 wrote:
Turley should be on the bench, right next to Black. He doesn't have anything. Give me Sampson on the left, and Svitek on the right.

Agreed!

chief31
09-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, gametime is near and I have been very critical of my guy, Turley. I know that I am not alone on this one.

I am hopefull that Kyle will step-up to the challenge this weekend. I expect to see a much tougher Kyle Turley this weekend.

Compliment that, with Kevin Sampson, who I believe is the best OT on our roster, and maybe, we can get something done with our offense.

I expect our defense to look good early. While the Donks get a feel for things. So, if we can get a lead, and hold it in the final minutes, then I can actually envision a Chiefs win.

However, my official prediction for the game is......

20-17 Donkos. Sorry as I am about that....

Chiefster
09-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Well the final score was a three point Donk advantage; you were right about that. :-P

kenny1937
09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I still the Cheer Leaders might be our best bet, we could try them out in our bye week loss, think so?
GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: :pint: :hammer:

Chiefster
09-19-2006, 02:59 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
I still the Cheer Leaders might be our best bet, we could try them out in our bye week loss, think so?
GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: :pint: :hammer:

They couldn't do any worse.

kenny1937
09-19-2006, 06:17 PM
True, think about all the holding calls we would get against our opponents, thay just can't keep their hands off our tackles. (grin)

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
09-20-2006, 12:46 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
True, think about all the holding calls we would get against our opponents, thay just can't keep their hands off our tackles. (grin)

:lol: :lol:

I think you maybe on to something.

kenny1937
09-20-2006, 01:44 AM
I would make that suggestion to Carl if he could only read, and if I could only write, sigh.

8-) :lol: :-D

Chiefster
09-20-2006, 02:13 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
I would make that suggestion to Carl if he could only read, and if I could only write, sigh.

8-) :lol: :-D

Is there an echo in here??? :lol: :-P

kenny1937
09-20-2006, 02:18 AM
You noticed that too, must be the water.

:-D :-) :-(

Chiefster
09-20-2006, 02:26 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
You noticed that too, must be the water.

:-D :-) :-(

You would know K-dude. :-D

kenny1937
09-20-2006, 02:36 AM
SHHHH!, the water comes from WalMart, who ships it from Hong Kong!

8-) It's apparent I am getting sleepy :cry:

Chiefster
09-20-2006, 02:51 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
SHHHH!, the water comes from WalMart, who ships it from Hong Kong!

8-) It's apparent I am getting sleepy :cry:

Your secrets safe with me; no one need know you're getting sleepy. My lips are sealed.

kenny1937
09-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Me too, Time for sleepy heads,to sleep, GoodNight, had fun Posting with you, have a great day, You too Guru if you are still up. See ya later.

Chiefster
09-20-2006, 03:08 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Me too, Time for sleepy heads,to sleep, GoodNight, had fun Posting with you, have a great day, You too Guru if you are still up. See ya later.

G'night K-dude!

kenny1937
09-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey Chiefster is there any truth to the story that Turley might not play in the bye week game because he is getting another tattoo?

:hammer: 8-)

chief31
09-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm not certain, but, he won't be playing this weekend against San Fran. We will be starting .....(drum roll)......

Jordan Black in his place.

Looks like Vinny Testeverde will be starting at quarterback for us next week. (after Huard and Croyle get crunched Sunday.)

Can't wait.

Oh, by the way, Turley will be sitting, due to his back injury. I can't imagine him playing again.

However, with an easy second-half schedule, we can count on a late draft pick this coming off-season.

kenny1937
10-01-2006, 12:24 AM
With the injuries and obvious need for some offense, it will be interesting to see how the Chief's respond to the game tommorrow. Being a Die Hard Chief fan, I always hope for the best. It looks like I won't be getting any TV coverage in my area, the Fox Channel is broadcasting the GAG Cowboys game, so I may be rellegated to the radio.
Any way GO CHIEF'S!

8-) :pint:

Chiefster
10-01-2006, 02:42 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Hey Chiefster is there any truth to the story that Turley might not play in the bye week game because he is getting another tattoo?

:hammer: 8-)

chief31 wrote:
I'm not certain, but, he won't be playing this weekend against San Fran. We will be starting .....(drum roll)......

Jordan Black in his place.

Looks like Vinny Testeverde will be starting at quarterback for us next week. (after Huard and Croyle get crunched Sunday.)

Can't wait.

Oh, by the way, Turley will be sitting, due to his back injury. I can't imagine him playing again.

However, with an easy second-half schedule, we can count on a late draft pick this coming off-season.

Yeah, Curley being out is the good news. The bad news is that he is being replaced by Black. :evil: :roll:

chief31
10-01-2006, 02:47 AM
I can't say that it matters, Niether of them is capable of playing either tackle position, so, might as well let them fail to protect our quarterbacks blind side.

Chiefster
10-01-2006, 02:56 AM
chief31 wrote:
I can't say that it matters, Niether of them is capable of playing either tackle position, so, might as well let them fail to protect our quarterbacks blind side.

They will need to line Dunn up on Blacks side of the ball to help block.

Anyway, it's late so...

Nite Crowd!

kenny1937
10-02-2006, 01:37 PM
On a positive note, everyone did a great job, at least in this game, which I hope is a sign of really good things to come, so Coach Herm, keep it up, and to our weekly gladiators, great job in the colliseum, we the crowd give you all a big thumbs up, GO CHIEF'S!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

chief31
10-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Bad news boys. Turley is listed as probable, this week against the Steelers. (J.K.)

I hope he has been gaining some strength during his time off.

kenny1937
10-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Who knows, maybe the real Turley will show up, and we will forget all about the rose tattoo that says "Mommy youse the best". Time will tell, and tha answer to that
much asked question, "Is Turley in the House?

GO CHIEF'S

Chiefster
10-13-2006, 04:56 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Who knows, maybe the real Turley will show up, and we will forget all about the rose tattoo that says "Mommy youse the best". Time will tell, and tha answer to that
much asked question, "Is Turley in the House?

GO CHIEF'S

I will have to see it to believe it.

Guru
10-13-2006, 11:51 PM
chief31 wrote:
Bad news boys. Turley is listed as probable, this week against the Steelers. (J.K.)

Maybe he spent a week at KFC?

kenny1937
10-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Guru wrote:

chief31 wrote:

Maybe he spent a week at KFC?

:lol: lol, At the all you can eat buffet no doubt, :lol:

Chiefster
10-14-2006, 01:36 PM
chief31 wrote:

We better not abandon the double Tight End set.

kenny1937
10-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Good News Turley is ready, I have it on good authority that he is continually Growling, "LET ME AT'EM!, LET ME AT'EM!!"

The man is going to be a veritable Beast, I tell you, I pity those Steelers Sunday!

GO CHIEF'S

chief31
11-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I think Turleys back is a serious problem for him. It becomes more appearant when he tries to cut-block. He is stiff in his movement. I'm not sure how the Chiefs' coaching staff is not seeing what we see, when he is on the field. Why am I not seeing Weigmann? Or the new aquisition, Chris Terry? Svitek? Someone has to be able to perform better than what Turley has been doing.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. I love the guy. He was a monster before the back injury. But, it just isn't working right now.

kenny1937
11-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Turley is a converted wide reciever, and I think he ought to backslide back to one. The conversion didn't take.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

Chiefster
11-16-2006, 08:25 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Turley is a converted wide reciever, and I think he ought to backslide back to one. The conversion didn't take.

He's a bust.

Thanks Carl! :roll:

kenny1937
11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Well for Trent's sake I hope that he finds himself before Sundays Game, and that goes for the rest of the Offensive line, if not Peterson may have to go find three more next season to take the place of the ones he just buried at the end of this one!

Chiefster
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM
We're in about the 18th year of his five year plan to get to the SB.

kenny1937
11-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Chiefster wrote:
We're in about the 18th year of his five year plan to get to the SB.

Well you know, Mr. Peterson is like all good politicians, promise what you know you can't deliver, and keep the people's hopes up that next year you are going to keep your promises. Works everytime, his 18 year, 5 year plan is living proof! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
11-18-2006, 04:27 PM
kenny1937 wrote:

Well you know, Mr. Peterson is like all good politicians, promise what you know you can't deliver, and keep the people's hopes up that next year you are going to keep your promises. Works everytime, his 18 year, 5 year plan is living proof! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad we can't vote him out of office.

kenny1937
11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I just hope Trent doesn't get whacked Sunday.

chief31
11-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Alright, after a decent second half, against the Raiders, and a seemingly good game(I will need to see the "short-cut" version of the game) this week against the Broncos, I am starting to gain a little bit of confidence in Kyle Turley.

One of the things that I have noticed about him before, was alot of poor attempts at cut-blocks. This week, I saw him bending and shooting, like I would expect to see. Before these last two games, he looked stiff in his attempts. He still gets himself shoved into the quarterback some, but certainly not as often as earlier in the season. If he is "coming around" then that is great news for our offense.

kenny1937
12-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Right on chief 31, like the rest of the team, He has to step up, and do the job he is suppose to do, and he is not alone, there are some other folks that need to follow his lead and get in there and do their jobs also, and they know who they are, as a team we can go all the way, pulling together is the best way to get the job done, Herm knows it, The Coaches knows it, and in their hearts, the Team knows it too, so that being said GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Browns!!

Chiefster
12-01-2006, 03:17 AM
I think that he too simply needs to go away.

kenny1937
12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Kyle, you are not a rookie, you have been in the trenches, Do what you Know in your heart you need to do, when all the talking is done, only your field performance will add or detract from this run for the playoffs, Go Get them Bud!!

Go Chiefs :hammer: The Browns!!

Chiefster
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Kyle, you are not a rookie, you have been in the trenches, Do what you Know in your heart you need to do, when all the talking is done, only your field performance will add or detract from this run for the playoffs, Go Get them Bud!!

Go Chiefs :hammer: The Browns!!

He needs to go away; thanks so much Roaf the oaf!

kenny1937
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Kyle is doing his best, he is being used in a position because there is enough players on the team to do what he does, and not enough players on the team to do what he is trying to do. That is some one elses fault, and I don't mean the Coach, he doesn't find players for the team, he only runs what he is dealt. So for Kyle to go away, means that whoever is next in the pathetic line would be worse. Carl do your JOB, and then the coaches and players can do theirs.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Ravens!!

:-? 8-) :pint:

chief31
12-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I have to disaegree. Turley has been improving. His back is becoming less of a restriction to the way he plays. Being as light as he is still makes the bull-rush a hard fought battle for him, but, he is looking pretty good when pulling out in front of L.J. because of his speed. I hope to see him back next season. At least to compete for a starting job.

Chiefster
12-05-2006, 03:53 PM
chief31 wrote:
I have to disaegree. Turley has been improving. His back is becoming less of a restriction to the way he plays. Being as light as he is still makes the bull-rush a hard fought battle for him, but, he is looking pretty good when pulling out in front of L.J. because of his speed. I hope to see him back next season. At least to compete for a starting job.

The fact of the matter is that he still gets owned off the line, which is why we were without our starting QB for most of the season.

chief31
12-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Well, you see, I've been under the haze of a "rebuilding year" since Willie Roaf threw in his towel. So, as rebuiling goes, I like the way Kyle has improved. I still remember what a monster he was before the back injury, and would like to see that guy on the field next season.

Chiefster
12-06-2006, 09:09 PM
chief31 wrote:
Well, you see, I've been under the haze of a "rebuilding year" since Willie Roaf threw in his towel. So, as rebuiling goes, I like the way Kyle has improved. I still remember what a monster he was before the back injury, and would like to see that guy on the field next season.

That guys is gone forever; I'm afraid.

Guru
12-06-2006, 11:42 PM
His new name is
Kyle Turnstile

Chiefster
12-08-2006, 05:10 AM
Guru wrote:
His new name is
Kyle Turnstile

Yep!

kenny1937
12-08-2006, 12:30 PM
"Hey Kyle!"
"What Coach!"
"We have enough players in your position, including Tony G, do you want to play?"
"Sure Coach!"
"You will have to block King Kong and Godzilla, want to try!"
"Sure Coach!"
"The Fans are going to get mad at you because you are going to get beat and will not be able to block like the other guy, want to play?"
"Sure Coach!"
"You have to pass the qualifying test, are you ready?"
"Sure Coach!"
"How many wheels does a football caoch have?"
"Sure Coach!"
"You passed, now get in there and pretend you know how to play this position!"
"Sure Coach!"
"Don't worry, you will get better as you gain experience, but in the meantime, you, not me will get the blame!"
"Sure Coach!"
"Hee, Hee, as coach I can get away with anything, Hee Hee!"

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Tweety Bird, er I mean The Ravens!!

Chiefster
12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
"Hey Kyle!"
"What Coach!"
"We have enough players in your position, including Tony G, do you want to play?"
"Sure Coach!"
"You will have to block King Kong and Godzilla, want to try!"
"Sure Coach!"
"The Fans are going to get mad at you because you are going to get beat and will not be able to block like the other guy, want to play?"
"Sure Coach!"
"You have to pass the qualifying test, are you ready?"
"Sure Coach!"
"How many wheels does a football caoch have?"
"Sure Coach!"
"You passed, now get in there and pretend you know how to play this position!"
"Sure Coach!"
"Don't worry, you will get better as you gain experience, but in the meantime, you, not me will get the blame!"
"Sure Coach!"
"Hee, Hee, as coach I can get away with anything, Hee Hee!"

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Tweety Bird, er I mean The Ravens!!

In such a case Coach and Turnstile are idiots.

kenny1937
12-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Quote Chiefster"In such a case Coach and Turnstile are idiots."

No, such is life in the NFL, it is the poor ticket buying fan that is the scapegoat, he puts his money where his mouth is, How about it Carl, can you reciprocate?

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The humming Bird, er I mean The Ravens!!

Chiefster
12-09-2006, 08:00 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Quote Chiefster"In such a case Coach and Turnstile are idiots."

No, such is life in the NFL, it is the poor ticket buying fan that is the scapegoat, he puts his money where his mouth is, How about it Carl, can you reciprocate?

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The humming Bird, er I mean The Ravens!!

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here; they're both idiots. IMO.

kenny1937
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Turley like the Chiefs, is becoming a dead issue, words no longer describe the sorry state we are in, a loss to San Diego seals the deal and we can leave Mr. Turley alone because it really won't matter anyway.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: Somebody!!

Chiefster
12-10-2006, 05:11 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Turley like the Chiefs, is becoming a dead issue, words no longer describe the sorry state we are in, a loss to San Diego seals the deal and we can leave Mr. Turley alone because it really won't matter anyway.

I submit to you that the deal is signed sealed and delivered.

kenny1937
12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Is that Brown I see driving up?

Chiefster
12-12-2006, 07:51 PM
kenny1937 wrote:

I don't know; how good are yer eyes? :lol: :-P

kenny1937
12-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Chiefster wrote:

kenny1937 wrote:

I don't know; how good are yer eyes? :lol: :-P

Well we have been through that on another board, and i grant you that approaching 70, I may not be able to tell if that is brown or not, but I would like to see the Chiefs take the next three games, and then send brown on his way to where ever he goes and I would say:
Yah CHIEFS you did :hammer: Oakland. San Diego !!