PDA

View Full Version : Somebody killed Cupid! WARNING NOT A NICE PIC!

Connie Jo
02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this pic I recieved expressing Valentine's Day thoughts, haha. A friend split with her boyfriend of 11 yrs. & has the Valentine blues. Another friend found out yesterday, the girl he loves & was suppose to celebrate Valentines with chose another guy, and is moving away for him out of state...he lost his 14 yr old beloved dog yesterday too. :(

I can't say my Valentines Day will be all that special either, first alone. Still...not sure I wanted Cupid killed!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/ValSucks.jpg

Chiefster
02-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Nah, his arrow backfired. :D

Chiefster
02-13-2010, 02:03 AM
It sucks that relationships end kiddo.

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 02:40 PM
It sucks that relationships end kiddo.

Shoot, 40 yrs counting dating yrs...an entire lifetime ended realistically for me & my family. Here come some venting thoughts, ignore my Valentines blues thinking out loud, hahaha.

I trust in God the path I'm on is for the best, cause I know in my heart the one I was on the last 2-3 yrs of marriage wasn't a healthy one in any aspect.

Still, there are times like Valentines Day that aren't enjoyable when one is on their own. New Years Eve was rough too...all those 'couple' holidays & events can be a bummer. I enjoyed making those times special for us over the yrs.

I miss cooking & caring for someone besides myself, sharing life in general. I do all that when I can for my family, friends too sometimes, which helps fulfill my need to care for others some. I'm blessed to have many in my life I can care for & love. :)

My kids had a 'talk' with me last week...ironic they attempted to 'parent' me, hahaha. They said it's been a year and don't think I'm opening myself up to dating, possibly finding love again. I know they're just worried about my living life alone, but it's not as easy as they think it is when you're in your 50's, which I explained to them.

I can't just go out to bars, whatever, "looking for love in all the wrong places", haha. I've went on a couple dates, been asked out by others (some waaaaay too young!)...but it was obvious we had little in common from the get go, or they were dangerous personalites.

I suppose I'm too responsible, wise, & protective of my heart & soul, but I can't change who I am in heart & soul, nor do I want to. My kids say I'm too old fashioned with morals & principles, haha.

:efpge: :lol:

I'm reminded in thought of what Canada told Honda in his girl dating thread...when one goes looking for love they end up 'settling'...and I've always believed that too. Maybe I'm placing too much of my life in God's hands, but I believe if God intends for me to find love again it will happen regardless...if not, I'll always have my kids and grandkids, and friends to love & care for, and a dog or two. :D

In the meantime, I try to reflect on positive aspects of being single...more closet space, haha...being able to spend time on the PC enjoying on line friends, working on graphics, etc.. I get to eat what I want when I want, without being scolded. I enjoy not having to tolerate being bullied & controlled to avoid retaliation & punishment. As well, being able to do things I couldn't before...like tailgate at Arrowhead! YEEHAW!

:chiefs:

Chiefster
02-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Shoot, 40 yrs counting dating yrs...an entire lifetime ended realistically for me & my family. Here come some venting thoughts, ignore my Valentines blues thinking out loud, hahaha.

I trust in God the path I'm on is for the best, cause I know in my heart the one I was on the last 2-3 yrs of marriage wasn't a healthy one in any aspect.

Still, there are times like Valentines Day that aren't enjoyable when one is on their own. New Years Eve was rough too...all those 'couple' holidays & events can be a bummer. I enjoyed making those times special for us over the yrs.

I miss cooking & caring for someone besides myself, sharing life in general. I do all that when I can for my family, friends too sometimes, which helps fulfill my need to care for others some. I'm blessed to have many in my life I can care for & love. :)

My kids had a 'talk' with me last week...ironic they attempted to 'parent' me, hahaha. They said it's been a year and don't think I'm opening myself up to dating, possibly finding love again. I know they're just worried about my living life alone, but it's not as easy as they think it is when you're in your 50's, which I explained to them.

I can't just go out to bars, whatever, "looking for love in all the wrong places", haha. I've went on a couple dates, been asked out by others (some waaaaay too young!)...but it was obvious we had little in common from the get go, or they were dangerous personalites.

I suppose I'm too responsible, wise, & protective of my heart & soul, but I can't change who I am in heart & soul, nor do I want to. My kids say I'm too old fashioned with morals & principles, haha.

:efpge: :lol:

I'm reminded in thought of what Canada told Honda in his girl dating thread...when one goes looking for love they end up 'settling'...and I've always believed that too. Maybe I'm placing too much of my life in God's hands, but I believe if God intends for me to find love again it will happen regardless...if not, I'll always have my kids and grandkids, and friends to love & care for, and a dog or two. :D

In the meantime, I try to reflect on positive aspects of being single...more closet space, haha...being able to spend time on the PC enjoying on line friends, working on graphics, etc.. I get to eat what I want when I want, without being scolded. I enjoy not having to tolerate being bullied & controlled to avoid retaliation & punishment. As well, being able to do things I couldn't before...like tailgate at Arrowhead! YEEHAW!

:chiefs:

Impossible to place too much of your life in God's hands kiddo. I think you're a well rounded person with her head on straight; follow your heart and you'll be fine. I know these are tough times for you; just hang in there and you'll survive. My sister, a couple of months ago, was told by her husband of some twenty years that he no longer wanted to be married anymore and she is now dealing with a divorce herself. realizing your self worth is key to healing IMO.

Connie Jo
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Impossible to place too much of your life in God's hands kiddo. I think you're a well rounded person with her head on straight; follow your heart and you'll be fine. I know these are tough times for you; just hang in there and you'll survive. My sister, a couple of months ago, was told by her husband of some twenty years that he no longer wanted to be married anymore and she is now dealing with a divorce herself. realizing your self worth is key to healing IMO.

Oh no, I feel so badly for your sister. :(

I'm sure with your caring personality she has the emotional support of family to help her heal, which is very important. The pain she must feel from being told what she was by a husband she trusted, likely is unbearable. :(

I chose to end it in my case for emotional and physical well being. He never told me he didn't want to be married, nor that he didn't love me. He says he does love me, but sadly, with his mental illness his actions & choices are the opposite of love for me, our kids & grandkids. I know beyond the insanity he does love us...but, he won't follow through with professional help, which DR's say he needs long term. :(

Life is the way it must be for me and my family to move forward and be healthy in all apsects. :)

He has a girlfriend now, of whom is more unstable than he. He told us her book of bad life deeds is full. I simply pray for him, it's all I can do now. His life is in his own hands.

I've always been thought of by those who know me as being very strong emotionally, no doubt I am, but my Faith in God helps keep me strong. Even the strongest can become a victim of a broken heart, be hurt by someone they trusted not to hurt them.

Your sister and family are in my thoughts Chiefster, and I'll most certainly keep her in my prayers. :)

Connie Jo
02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
PS: I actually had a very nice Valentines Day!! God works like that. :)

Chiefster
02-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Oh no, I feel so badly for your sister. :(

I'm sure with your caring personality she has the emotional support of family to help her heal, which is very important. The pain she must feel from being told what she was by a husband she trusted, likely is unbearable. :(

I chose to end it in my case for emotional and physical well being. He never told me he didn't want to be married, nor that he didn't love me. He says he does love me, but sadly, with his mental illness his actions & choices are the opposite of love for me, our kids & grandkids. I know beyond the insanity he does love us...but, he won't follow through with professional help, which DR's say he needs long term. :(

Life is the way it must be for me and my family to move forward and be healthy in all apsects. :)

He has a girlfriend now, of whom is more unstable than he. He told us her book of bad life deeds is full. I simply pray for him, it's all I can do now. His life is in his own hands.

I've always been thought of by those who know me as being very strong emotionally, no doubt I am, but my Faith in God helps keep me strong. Even the strongest can become a victim of a broken heart, be hurt by someone they trusted not to hurt them.

Your sister and family are in my thoughts Chiefster, and I'll most certainly keep her in my prayers. :)

Thank you Connie!

PS: I actually had a very nice Valentines Day!! God works like that. :)

...Yes He does! :)

sheilykidman
02-18-2010, 04:37 AM
My Valentine was rocking .. after so many years ... y? becoz I spent it with my old friends instead of boring boys ... and hey! the holiday made it even more enjoyable!

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
My Valentine was rocking .. after so many years ... y? becoz I spent it with my old friends instead of boring boys ... and hey! the holiday made it even more enjoyable!

Cool! :D Happy to hear you had a good one! I had some on line single girl friend's do and say the same about boy's, lol. They even treated themselve's to chocolate's & rose's, haha.

My daughter & grandkid's gave me a big bag of peanut M & M's for Valentine's...I ate the whole bag in 24 hrs.! I didn't need a box of chocolate's too, haha.

I have to say in defense of boy's though, we girls can make it difficult for them at time's too, haha. I have some great girl friend's, but great guy friend's who aren't boring...often more entertaining and fun to hang with than my girl friend's, haha.

I have my girl trait's no doubt, but also tend to be a bit of a tomboy I think...with a passion for football, prefer a 4x4 truck over a car, unless it's a muscle car, lol. I prefer comfort in cowboy boot's & tennis shoes...don't own a pair of high heels, haha. I'd rather drink a couple beer's and shoot a game of pool, watch a football game on TV...or tailgate with friends...than shop at a mall, & so on, lol. My girl friend's some time's think I'm boring, HA! :D