PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Screen Saver?

AussieChiefsFan
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know ehere I can get an up-to-date chiefs screensaver? I've currently got one a lot of great pics but it's from 2006 and it has TG and LJ on it.
Thanks
:bananen_smilies046: :chiefs:

Connie Jo
02-12-2010, 11:41 PM
You can Google for one, but have to be careful, cause many of those free screensaver sites aren't secure for your PC.

Did you look at kcchiefs.com?

Connie Jo
02-12-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a variety of Chiefs desktop backgrounds, that might work as screensavers too, depends what you're looking for.

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2010, 12:14 AM
This is the one I have (yes it's from a reliable site)
Kansas City screensaver - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/Kansas-City-screensaver/3000-2257_4-10581360.html?tag=mncol)
It's pretty good but it's out of date by 4 years now.

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 12:59 AM
It's not showing for me following the link, think I'd have to download it to see it.

I thought someone posted a while back that one of the Chiefs sites had some pretty good screensavers, but I can't remember for sure where they said.

I have alternating game photos of DT for my screensaver, and this image below for my desktop:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/logoseal500bd.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2010, 01:09 AM
It's not showing for me following the link, think I'd have to download it to see it.

I thought someone posted a while back that one of the Chiefs sites had some pretty good screensavers, but I can't remember for sure where they said.

I have alternating game photos of DT for my screensaver, and this image below for my desktop:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
That's a good Wallpaper photo!

BTW on a windows Computer how do I make it so that it has photos from a particular folder as my screensaver?

stricken721
02-13-2010, 01:10 AM
That's the same wallpaper I use too. :chiefs:

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 01:26 AM

BTW on a windows Computer how do I make it so that it has photos from a particular folder as my screensaver?

Which OS do you have? I have Windows XP...if you have XP I can tell ya.

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 01:29 AM
That's the same wallpaper I use too. :chiefs:

The same one I have? I reduced the image to post it here, but the one on my desktop is screen size of course. Heck, I've had that one on my desktop for years I like it so well. Never found one I like better.

Chiefster
02-13-2010, 02:13 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

That's awesome! I'm gonna have to steel that. :D

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Which OS do you have? I have Windows XP...if you have XP I can tell ya.

Yep I use Windows XP

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Here's the bigger logo graphic...I use 1024x768 selection with Windows Wallpaper settings, and it comes out clear.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/logoseal757.jpg

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 02:56 AM

Okay, here's what you do:

Create a new folder first, title it however you want... then put photo's in that folder you want for your screensaver. You can just copy photos from other folders, then paste into the folder you created for your screensaver pics...you don't have to actually move photos from one folder to another.

Once you have your folder & photos placed into the folder, next click Start > My Computer > Change Settings > Appearance & Themes > Choose Screen Saver

A pop window will open & in the drop down selection space choose the one that says 'My Picture Slideshow'...then click 'settings' right next to that...in that pop up window you'll see 'Use pictures in this folder'...click browse, find your folder you created with the new chosen pics in it...then click on that folder of course for it to enter automatically in the selection field.

You will also note many adjustment options in that window, which you can select to change, or not. I have mine set at 'more'...which alternates the pics every 6 seconds...and I have 'larger' selected too, which is 100% their size...depends on how big your pics are to begin with.

After making any adjustments, click 'OK', and it will go back to the first window, then click 'Apply' ...you should have your new Screen Saver ready to go!

If you ever move the location of your folder or photos used for your Screen Saver...it won't be on your screen anymore, cause you've changed the location path, and you'll need to enter the new location of the folder on your PC for it to show again.

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Okay, here's what you do:

Create a new folder first, title it however you want... then put photo's in that folder you want for your screensaver. You can just copy photos from other folders, then paste into the folder you created for your screensaver pics...you don't have to actually move photos from one folder to another.

Once you have your folder & photos placed into the folder, next click Start > My Computer > Change Settings > Appearance & Themes > Choose Screen Saver

A pop window will open & in the drop down selection space choose the one that says 'My Picture Slideshow'...then click 'settings' right next to that...in that pop up window you'll see 'Use pictures in this folder'...click browse, find your folder you created with the new chosen pics in it...then click on that folder of course for it to enter automatically in the selection field.

You will also note many adjustment options in that window, which you can select to change, or not. I have mine set at 'more'...which alternates the pics every 6 seconds...and I have 'larger' selected too, which is 100% their size...depends on how big your pics are to begin with.

After making any adjustments, click 'OK', and it will go back to the first window, then click 'Apply' ...you should have your new Screen Saver ready to go!

If you ever move the location of your folder or photos used for your Screen Saver...it won't be on your screen anymore, cause you've changed the location path, and you'll need to enter the new location of the folder on your PC for it to show again.

Thanks for the help Connie Jo. I now know how! REP!

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 03:12 PM
You're welcome! I hope I didn't make it sound complicated, haha. It's really not as complicated as it might read, I tend to be overly thorough explaining sometimes, haha. :)

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2010, 05:04 PM
You're welcome! I hope I didn't make it sound complicated, haha. It's really not as complicated as it might read, I tend to be overly thorough explaining sometimes, haha. :)

No, no, it was well explained and I wasn't confused with your instructions at all. Nice job.:bananen_smilies046: