PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the Jared Allen Trade

jap1
02-13-2010, 04:40 PM
So here is an article by ESPN's Bill Willaimson about how we didnt necessarily lose in the Jared Allen trade.

Revisiting the Jared Allen trade - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9909/revisiting-the-jared-allen-trade)

Here is a rebuttal from the Vikings perspective.

Two years later: The Jared Allen trade - NFC North Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/9933/two-years-later-the-jared-allen-trade)

I am sure this will incite a lot of thoughts. Enjoy.

matthewschiefs
02-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I didnt even no that we used a pick that we got in that trade for Charles. I guess thats a good thing. But I still am not a big fan of the trade. To trade a YOUNG player that talented is Never good.

I no that he probley would not have resigned due to the lack of a relationship with Carl. Thats on carl. Again when you have a player of that talent you DO whatever you can to keep him. I will never like that trade. who nos we might have still got charles. we will never no. But i will never be a fan.

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2010, 05:00 PM
I didnt even no that we used a pick that we got in that trade for Charles. I guess thats a good thing. But I still am not a big fan of the trade. To trade a YOUNG player that talented is Never good.

I no that he probley would not have resigned due to the lack of a relationship with Carl. Thats on carl. Again when you have a player of that talent you DO whatever you can to keep him. I will never like that trade. who nos we might have still got charles. we will never no. But i will never be a fan.
Neither did I. I'm not so annoyed with that trade anymore.....

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I knew what we had received for Allen, but was so upset & against it, that it didn't matter to me what we got for Jared.

I didn't make the connection until fairly recently, when member 'fansincebirth' pointed out in a thread we had received Charles with the trade deal for Allen.

I considered all aspects pro & neg...and came to the conclusion that I would rather have Allen on the Chiefs than Charles...if having to choose between the two.

Allen brings to the Chiefs more value over all IMO. Talented RB's are greater in number among the NFL than that of Jared's defensive talent. As well, Jared brought a much needed spirit and energy to the field and to the fans. He was exceptional at riling the fans up as the 12th man helping our defense.

A strong defensive player like Allen is less likely for injury than a RB too.

I dunno, from my perspective Allen was the greatest loss to the Chiefs this past decade. :(

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm gonna post the second link article...as I know some don't always follow links to read. Besides, the article backs my point of view as to Jared being the greatest loss of the Chiefs in the last decade. Peterson was such an egotistical fool, the biggest mistake he ever made as GM of the Chiefs was losing Allen. :(

First, let’s review the terms of the April 2008 deal. The Vikings got:

Defensive end Jared Allen
Kansas City’s sixth-round pick in the 2008 draft. (It became starting center John Sullivan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11421).)

The Chiefs got:
Minnesota’s No. 1 draft pick. (Tackle Branden Albert (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11249))
Two third-round picks from Minnesota. (Running back Jamaal Charles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11307) and safety DaJuan Morgan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11316))
Minnesota’s sixth-round pick. (Receiver Kevin Robinson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11416))

It would be tough to argue that Minnesota didn’t win this trade, and Bill never made that claim. He does point out that Allen wouldn’t be an ideal fit for the Chiefs’ new 3-4 scheme, and notes that Charles seems set to be their tailback of the near future.

But while the Chiefs did get good value, they traded away a then-26-year-old player who will go down as one of the best defensive players in his era. No NFL player has more than Allen’s 72 sacks over the past six years, the type of figure that voters will one day consider when measuring Allen’s candidacy for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

After quarterbacks, outside pass-rushers are the second-most valuable commodity in the NFL. They can change a game in an instant, and there are only a handful who consistently can put up 10-sack seasons, let alone Allen’s production.

And it’s not as if Allen has dropped off since the trade. He has 29 sacks in his first 32 games with the Vikings. Only Dallas’ DeMarcus Ware (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8426) (31) has more sacks over that span. Allen, in fact, is one of only two players in NFL history to have three consecutive seasons with more than 14 sacks. Reggie White was the other.

The Chiefs will be hard-pressed to match that value even with the bounty they extracted from the Vikings. I’m not even considering that Minnesota also got its starting center in the trade; the Vikings liked Sullivan entering the draft and probably would have drafted him without the trade.

We’re only two years in, but I don’t think Allen could have given the Vikings anything more than what they’ve gotten. They were seeking one of the rarest NFL commodities, regardless of cost, and that’s exactly what Allen has been.

Connie Jo
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
So here is an article by ESPN's Bill Willaimson about how we didnt necessarily lose in the Jared Allen trade.

Revisiting the Jared Allen trade - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9909/revisiting-the-jared-allen-trade)

Here is a rebuttal from the Vikings perspective.

Two years later: The Jared Allen trade - NFC North Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/9933/two-years-later-the-jared-allen-trade)

I am sure this will incite a lot of thoughts. Enjoy.

Nice read and subject! REP!! :)

matthewschiefs
02-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I knew what we had received for Allen, but was so upset & against it, that it didn't matter to me what we got for Jared.

I didn't make the connection until fairly recently, when member 'fansincebirth' pointed out in a thread we had received Charles with the trade deal for Allen.

I considered all aspects pro & neg...and came to the conclusion that I would rather have Allen on the Chiefs than Charles...if having to choose between the two.

Allen brings to the Chiefs more value over all IMO. Talented RB's are greater in number among the NFL than that of Jared's defensive talent. As well, Jared brought a much needed spirit and energy to the field and to the fans. He was exceptional at riling the fans up as the 12th man helping our defense.

A strong defensive player like Allen is less likely for injury than a RB too.

I dunno, from my perspective Allen was the greatest loss to the Chiefs this past decade. :(

This is the thing that still makes me think that that trade was stupid. The lifespan of a good NFL rb is shorter then that of a stand out defensive player. Add to the face we dont no what would have happend with Charles if we didnt draft him there. We could have made anther move tradeing picks to get him who nos. I still am against the trade but oh well.

Canada
02-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Wow, we have a potential 2000 yard rusher and people are still complaining about the trade. Get over it already. RBs are more prone to injury than a DE...thats the complaint? Im glad we go Charles, i wasnt happy that we traded JA at the time but its time to let it go people.

Chiefster
02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Wow, we have a potential 2000 yard rusher and people are still complaining about the trade. Get over it already. RBs are more prone to injury than a DE...thats the complaint? Im glad we go Charles, i wasnt happy that we traded JA at the time but its time to let it go people.

Kinda what I was thinking; it's done, time to move on.

Vandelay
02-14-2010, 02:50 AM
This. ^
When we win the Superbowl next year no one will care if JA was here or not.:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
02-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Nice read and subject! REP!! :)

Seconded.

matthewschiefs
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM

I am over it You should have seen me the day of the trade. Yeah I might need to seek help when it comes to football. I might take it a little to hard. :drunkhb:

Connie Jo
02-14-2010, 08:03 PM

No, not a complaint persay related to injury risk. I was simply giving my explanation as to why, given a scenerio of having to choose between the two...I would choose Allen. Of which, injury risk was one of many factor's I considered when weighing the pro's & con's of both player's.

As far as getting past it, heck, we really don't have a choice but to get past it, but I still miss Jared. Each time I see of how much benefit he is for another team with winning, I can't help but be reminded of what we lost...needlessly.

That's just one of those big boo-boo's that takes a while to heal from & is gonna leave a permanent scar, lol. :)

KCSDFAN
02-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I am still upset about the trade. You don't take you the heart and soul out of your team and expect them to ever be the same. The defense has sucked since Allen was traded. Charles is good but we didn't know what we had for years because of Larry Johnson. It was and will be one of the worst trades KC has made.

Canada
02-14-2010, 11:35 PM
I am still upset about the trade. You don't take you the heart and soul out of your team and expect them to ever be the same. The defense has sucked since Allen was traded. Charles is good but we didn't know what we had for years because of Larry Johnson. It was and will be one of the worst trades KC has made.:lol: :lol: :lol: Now we will never recover from this trade? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So trading Jared Allen for Charles is one of the worst trades ever...will you still feel the same when he puts up 2000 yards?

Chief Tyler
02-15-2010, 12:15 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now we will never recover from this trade? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So trading Jared Allen for Charles is one of the worst trades ever...will you still feel the same when he puts up 2000 yards?

Charles could put up 2000 yards in a game but he'll never have the KC Mullet. That thing was just as big a symbol of the Chiefs as the arrowhead is. :lol:

Just like the Bible man. When we lost the hair we lost our might!

Coach
02-15-2010, 01:37 AM
You can't argue agains tthe fact that Allen would not be a good fit for our current 3-4 scheme. Maybe we wouldn't have swtiched if he stayed. Maybe. But remember, this guy's contract was up at the end of the year, and we weren't willing to pay him. At least they got something for him. A starting LT and our current starting RB.

Connie Jo
02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
You can't argue agains tthe fact that Allen would not be a good fit for our current 3-4 scheme. Maybe we wouldn't have swtiched if he stayed. Maybe. But remember, this guy's contract was up at the end of the year, and we weren't willing to pay him. At least they got something for him. A starting LT and our current starting RB.

Carl wasn't willing to pay...but it wasn't about money IMO. Carl promised Jared when he drafted him, that if he performed, lived up to expectations, he would have a permanent spot on the Chiefs roster, and be compensated accordingly.

Jared stated publicly he believed he would spend his career in KC as Carl promised, he bought land, had plans to build a permanent home in KC.

Carl didn't keep his promise to Jared, using his DUI as the reason, but I felt it was more of an excuse. A logical excuse, considering...but, I think the truth behind the trade was a clash of personalitie's and ego's. Carl being in the position of power, used it.

Yes, we have Charles, but we got lucky...no one, not even Carl, knew for sure what Charles could do on the field. We still don't know for sure, and won't until this season after all the OL changes are made, the new OC takes over.

Like Canada said though...it's done, over...no turning back. We do have something to hope for in Charles, which if Charles does as well as expected, that will somewhat lesson the lingering fan anomosity over trading Jared.

Canada
02-15-2010, 06:38 AM

Im not saying I liked the trade when it happened. I was as big a JA fan as the next guy, I have just heard enough about it. Like you say we ended up doing alright with Albert and Charles. Im just tired of hearing about it. We are moving forward, I don't care to revisit mistakes year after year. Its gettin' old. :beat_DeadHorse:

matthewschiefs
02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Im not saying I liked the trade when it happened. I was as big a JA fan as the next guy, I have just heard enough about it. Like you say we ended up doing alright with Albert and Charles. Im just tired of hearing about it. We are moving forward, I don't care to revisit mistakes year after year. Its gettin' old. :beat_DeadHorse:

I had realy forgotten about it except for everytime i see Allen in a purple jersey. Thats the only time that it brings it up for me. But it is time to move on. We can still be a great team without him.

Hayvern
02-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Guys, it is not like we don't have some talent on defense either. If this defensive line meshes and is able to tie up opposing offensive lineman, you are going to see Tamba Hali break out.

I really think Tamba is a tremendous talent, he has not had that breakout season, but he will. Will he have the production that Allen has had? Maybe, maybe not, but remember this is a team effort, and I am really not sure that Allen would have done much more with our weak defensive line.

matthewschiefs
02-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Guys, it is not like we don't have some talent on defense either. If this defensive line meshes and is able to tie up opposing offensive lineman, you are going to see Tamba Hali break out.

I really think Tamba is a tremendous talent, he has not had that breakout season, but he will. Will he have the production that Allen has had? Maybe, maybe not, but remember this is a team effort, and I am really not sure that Allen would have done much more with our weak defensive line.

Tamba was helped out by the change in Defense and I do have real high hopes for him. I even hope he does even better then Jarad from now on just becuse he is a chief.

chief31
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM

You could always use the option of not reding threads with "Jared Allen" in the title, as opposed to complaining about how tired you are of hearing about it.

But then you would need to find somewhere else to use the :beat_DeadHorse: Smiley.:lol:

Canada
02-15-2010, 05:00 PM
You could always use the option of not reding threads with "Jared Allen" in the title, as opposed to complaining about how tired you are of hearing about it.

But then you would need to find somewhere else to use the :beat_DeadHorse: Smiley.:lol:

The Jared Allen threads are the reason that smilie exists. But hey, why not talk about a three year old trade. Its not like there is anything current going on with the Chiefs....of wait a second...yes there is. Lots of good things are happening. We need the JA threads so we can all remain bitter and complain about CP. :beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::b eat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse:

chief31
02-15-2010, 07:06 PM
The Jared Allen threads are the reason that smilie exists. But hey, why not talk about a three year old trade. Its not like there is anything current going on with the Chiefs....of wait a second...yes there is. Lots of good things are happening. We need the JA threads so we can all remain bitter and complain about CP. :beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::b eat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse:

So, I am confused.

Do you want to keep hearing about it, or not?

You keep the threads going, which means that the title with Jared Allen's name in it keeps drawing you in.

Yet you say you don't wanna hear it, once you have been forced to read it.

Seriously, just skip the thread. It will save you the agony.

Canada
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
So, I am confused.

Do you want to keep hearing about it, or not?

You keep the threads going, which means that the title with Jared Allen's name in it keeps drawing you in.

Yet you say you don't wanna hear it, once you have been forced to read it.

Seriously, just skip the thread. It will save you the agony.

Yes, I want to keep hearing you complain about it. Tell me how much you hate CP too. And Herm...what a jerk. Or is it just ridiculous to keep bringing up the past.

FYI to all other members, if u post in this thread, you must agree with the mod. God forbid someone say they are tired of this subject getting brought up. How about keeping it to the one thread that is 3 years old about the trade and stop with new threads about it.

Canada
02-15-2010, 09:05 PM

Jap1, matthewschiefs, Aussiechiefsfan, Connie Jo, Chiefster, Vandelay, kcsdfan, chiefstyler, coach, hayvern and yourself. All of these members posted in this thread, but I am the one keeping it going. do you say its me just because I disagree with you? Makes sense.

Connie Jo
02-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Honestly, I just enjoy having something to talk and think about Chiefs related when there isn't much else to talk about, besides Draft Scenerio's, haha.

It is a recent interesting article re-capping the trade, comparing which team benefited most now that two yrs have passed. It stimulated thought of negative aspect's that continue to haunt the Chiefs as a result of the trade. For the sake of Chiefs related conversation...below is a point related to the Allen trade which does indeed affect our Chiefs currently:

What I miss most about Jared isn't his athletic ability and talent...it's the spirit, enthusiasm, & energy within his personality that he brought to the field and fans that I miss most.

As of yet, no current Chiefs player has filled Jared's shoes in that aspect. I believe we need such entusiasm, spirit, & energy in at least one defensive player...to help rile up the fans as the critical 12th man. Doing so will contribute to Arrowhead reclaiming it's honorable opponent feared title of being the "Loudest Stadium in the NFL".

We need a defensive player who can fill Jared's shoes with bringing those important aspects lost with the Allen, back to Arrowhead. Who?

tornadospotter
02-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Jap1, matthewschiefs, Aussiechiefsfan, Connie Jo, Chiefster, Vandelay, kcsdfan, chiefstyler, coach, hayvern and yourself. All of these members posted in this thread, but I am the one keeping it going. do you say its me just because I disagree with you? Makes sense.
:beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::D

Canada
02-15-2010, 10:52 PM
I dont disagree with any of that, i just thought that if people still watn to discuss Jared allen then there are plenty of threads about him

My Thoughts on Jared Allen Staying - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400&highlight=jared+allen)

Jared Allen - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2208&highlight=jared+allen)

Jared Allen - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11058&highlight=jared+allen)

KC Star : Red Zone | Did the Jared Allen trade doom the Chiefs? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10567&highlight=jared+allen)

KC Star : Chiefs vlog | Comparing the Jay Cutler and Jared Allen trades - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7810&highlight=jared+allen)

Jared Allen 8 sacks, Chiefs whole team - 6! - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6025&highlight=jared+allen)

Vikes Jared Allen Press Conference... - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4667&highlight=jared+allen)

Jared Allen Traded!!! - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4633&highlight=jared+allen)

JAred Allen update - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4602&highlight=jared+allen)

The Real Story Behind Trading Jared Allen? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4624&highlight=jared+allen)

Article on Jared Allen - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4136&highlight=jared+allen)

These are just a few of the thread on the boards here. Maybe Chiefs31 could be a mod and merge them so I dont keep them all going.

Connie Jo
02-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, I tried to change the subject to talk about who might step up on the current roster, or be brought in as a free agent that can fill Jared's shoes with spirit, entusiasm, and energy, hahaha.

Hail to the Chiefs 2010!!!

:chiefs:

tornadospotter
02-16-2010, 12:25 AM
One question! Jared who! Is it this Jared?
YouTube- He Went To Jared
:D

tornadospotter
02-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Sorry, just had to post it.

matthewschiefs
02-16-2010, 12:37 AM
One question! Jared who! Is it this Jared?
YouTube- He Went To Jared (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YguNrs6PnXw)

lol I rember the times Allen got a td catch one of the guys on espn useing the he went to jarad line.

Canada
02-16-2010, 05:44 AM
YouTube- Subway 30 sec

kliquid
02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
The thing is, I don't think the Chiefs would be significantly better with Jared Allen; so why not try to upgrade the rest of your team?

chief31
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Yes, I want to keep hearing you complain about it. Tell me how much you hate CP too. And Herm...what a jerk. Or is it just ridiculous to keep bringing up the past.

FYI to all other members, if u post in this thread, you must agree with the mod. God forbid someone say they are tired of this subject getting brought up. How about keeping it to the one thread that is 3 years old about the trade and stop with new threads about it.

Here is the point....

If you are tired of hearing about it, then quit reading it.

You don't torture yourself, then complain that someone else is, somehow, doing it to you.

If you don't like the topic, then you need to "let it go".

Or, you can just cry "Mod abuse".

Everyone knows that you don't wanna talk about it anymore. We just can't get you to stop.

Now, without another temper tantrum, is there any way that you can explain why you keep reading about it, if you don't want to read about it?

tornadospotter
02-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Here is the point....

You don't torture yourself, then complain that someone else is, somehow, doing it to you.

Everyone knows that you don't wanna talk about it anymore. We just can't get you to stop.

Now, without another temper tantrum, is there any way that you can explain why you keep reading about it, if you don't want to read about it?
Because it is fun and entertaining to read in the off season.

Canada's point, in my own opinion is simple, why talk about a currently non Chief, and why in this forum, he is not a Chief and it is not new news, so belongs in the locker room. But really it is to get away from talking about past idiotic things that has happen, and talk about the great things to look forward to.

But then this was a news story posted by the thread starter, it was relevant to the Chief's, so one could argue, that it is a Chiefs news story and belongs in this thread.
:11:

I believe that Coach should form a panel from the membership, this panel should consist of members, Mods, and Coach. He should provide funding :thumbup1: for the Panel to research this question, find answers, develop solutions. Panel should probably meet in person for this, I suggest, but it is Coaches decision as the CEO of the Crowd, that we have this meeting in the Home of The Chief's. Kansas City, and maybe even when the niners come to get beat.

:rock_dj:

:party-smiley-048:

I volunteer to serve on this important beer drinking, (oops did I just type what I was thinking) fact finding panel!

:kc:I feel as a member, it is my duty to serve. :punk:

:sign0008: :em79: :chiefs:

Chiefster
02-16-2010, 11:56 PM

Canada's point, in my own opinion is simple, why talk about a currently non Chief, and why in this forum, he is not a Chief and it is not new news, so belongs in the locker room. But really it is to get away from talking about past idiotic things that has happen, and talk about the great things to look forward to.

But then this was a news story posted by the thread starter, it was relevant to the Chief's, so one could argue, that it is a Chiefs news story and belongs in this thread.

I believe that Coach should form a panel from the membership, this panel should consist of members, Mods, and Coach. He should provide funding :thumbup1: for the Panel to research this question, find answers, develop solutions. Panel should probably meet in person for this, I suggest, but it is Coaches decision as the CEO of the Crowd, that we have this meeting in the Home of The Chief's. Kansas City, and maybe even when the niners come to get beat.

I volunteer to serve on this important beer drinking, (oops did I just type what I was thinking) fact finding panel!

You are the civic minded one. :D

Canada
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Here is the point....

Really? this is what you have resorted to? Where was the tantrum...was it when I pointed ot the other 31 Jared Allen threads that laready exist?

You say you can't get me to stop posting in this thread, and then in the nxt sentence you take a back handed shot at me, then ask me to explain something to you, then its my faulth that this thread continues. Im afraid that if u have not gotten the point yet then there is not mcuh hope for you. Its pretty simple, some of us think it is assinine that Jared Allen in continually a topic of conversation. We always have listen to someone talk about how stupid the Chiefs are fro trading him. WE GET IT!!! The 31st thread about it is not why we get it, we heard you the first time you said you werent happy. My point is, was ans always will be....Get over it. It happened last decade, under our old Head Coach and Old GM and old management. If u so desperately need something to complain about, how about something current. Cause the Jared Allen sh!t is anchient man. Clear enough for ya? Any more questions just shoot me a pm.

Connie Jo
02-17-2010, 10:42 AM

I can't add any smilies quoting, limited to only 10! hahaha

I want to volunteer and be on the committee too! We need to find an answer to this ponder! I believe a solution is out there to be found, given the appropriate resources of course! ~Miller Lite~...~Arrowhead~...~Chiefs Crowd Intelligent Minds Joining Forces~...the solution shall be found...guaranteed!

Canada
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I can't add any smilies quoting, limited to only 10! hahaha

I want to volunteer and be on the committee too! We need to find an answer to this ponder! I believe a solution is out there to be found, given the appropriate resources of course! ~Miller Lite~...~Arrowhead~...~Chiefs Crowd Intelligent Minds Joining Forces~...the solution shall be found...guaranteed!

So I can't join? :kc:

Connie Jo
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM
So I can't join? :kc:

LOL Your "intelligent" input is absolutely necessary with finding a solution! I've witnessed your 'committee and organizing efforts'...you do good work! We need you!! It wouldn't be the same without ya!

chief31
02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
more questions just shoot me a pm.
Done.

And, since this thread is about the Jared Allen trade, I will assume that you will have nothing more to do with it.

Because I know you don't want to hear it.:D

Anyway.... Now that I feel free to express an opinion on the topic....

The trade was not Jared Allen for B. Albert and J. Charles.

That was not the deal.

Both of those players could have been had here, even with Jared Allen staying on the team.

So, no matter how great either, or both, of those guys may wind-up being, it does not make the Jared Allen trade any better, or worse, of a decision.

He was traded for draft picks. Horrible trade.

Vandelay
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM

That was not the deal.

Both of those players could have been had here, even with Jared Allen staying on the team.

So, no matter how great either, or both, of those guys may wind-up being, it does not make the Jared Allen trade any better, or worse, of a decision.

YouTube- BEATING A DEAD HORSE WHILE PLAYING FITTING MUSIC

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Done.

And, since this thread is about the Jared Allen trade, I will assume that you will have nothing more to do with it.

That was not the deal.

Oh my gosh!! I didn't realize that at all! Talk was, & still is...including among the media...we acquired Charles.

Though I realize it's a done & over...that tidbit of fact stirs more frustration with the trade! Peterson either lost his mind, or his power trip ego completely took it over! UGH!!

matthewschiefs
02-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Done.

That was not the deal.

Thats what still has me not in favor of the trade. We dont no were either of them would have ended up and will never no. I am glad we got them but we lost a good player. Oh well might still turn out good for us.