PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap.

JOPaladin
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
WTF? Why? Why the hell did we lose to HOUSTON of all teams?

I'll tell you why, Carl Peterson is a senile old man who needs to be shown the front door of a nursing home. At the end of last season, our two biggest flaws were obvious to everyone in the league:

1. Our offensive line is gone. The amazing season of 2003 and all other successes since have been due to an unmatched offensive line. It was obvious when Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson managed to pull off numbers that only pro-bowlers could pull. No running back, no matter how skilled he is, will gain yards and make plays without a crack offensive line. When the 2006 season ended, it was obvious we were nothing without our two star linemen: Willie Roaf and Will Shields. They held the inside line for a decade.

2. We haven't a QB worth a damn. Huard played well last year because he had a line in front of him. He rarely came under pressure, or was at least aware of it (as is obvious by the sacks he suffered). No that he's exposed, he's cracking. To top it off we brought on board that nobody kid from Alabama. Brodie Croyle. Every Chiefs fan I've seen recently is screaming "Let Croyle play!", and I've only been able to acertain why they do that just now. Whenever Croyle drops back, the entire viewing audience goes blind, deaf, and enters a world of make-believe where Croyle is actually good. He's thrown more interceptions than touchdowns, hell, he's thrown more interceptions than completions to our own damn team! He's a Corners dream come true.

What did we do to replace these two losses? NOTHING. Carl Peterson is a over-paid, good for nothing old man. The happiest day of my life as a chiefs fan be the day I see Carl Peterson in the obituaries. I'll dance on my roof, sing as loud as I can, I may even run down to the morgue and kiss his lousy corpse, because for once that sack of meat will have done something good for the Chiefs!

EDIT: Everyone, lets start a petition or SOMETHING. Threaten to throw out your tickets, never go to a game again, ANYTHING. Until Carl Peterson is gone the Chiefs will do nothing, we'll never see the Superbowl. We can wait until he dies, or we can do something NOW! Stop Carl Peterson!!!

texan-fan
09-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Because we were are better than you think- we owened the JAGS last year and we beat the colt's

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:24 PM

Because we were are better than you think- we owened the JAGS last year and we beat the colt's

Even a blind squirrel... The Texans are going to have a very hard time trying to get out of the cellar in that division, this year. Eventhough, it is a weak division, the Texans have suat, for the most part.

texan-fan
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Ya it is a week devision Jags and the Colts. what happened to the Colts last year***???

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Ya it is a week devision Jags and the Colts. what happened to the Colts last year***???

Well, you have a Titans team, that is mediocre, at best, then there is the quickly declining Jaguars and the always bad Texans. One good team, does not make a tough division, even if that team wins a Super Bowl. Do the Patriots have a tough division? (Tougher than the AFC South, but, no.)

texan-fan
09-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Wow when I came on here I was wanting to hear what yout thought of the game. and I was trying to tell you that it wasnt that bad. I think you have good running game it was tearing apart our defence in the first quarter.

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow when I came on here I was wanting to hear what yout thougt of the gME

Hey, I don't mean to attack. I'm a little defensive today. Not because we lost, but because of how we played. I don't expect much from the Chiefs this year, but I expect better than what I got.

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I have been very negative about alot of what the Chiefs have done, since Herm Edwards arrived. We got rid of our kicker, and now we have kicker problems. We got rid of our kick returner, now we need a kick returner. We have had two Hall o Fame offensive linemen retire, without drafting any on the first day of the draft, now we have some major O-line problems.

I don't want to be right in my complaints about our organizational moves, but it sure looks like I am.

texan-fan
09-09-2007, 06:55 PM
The Chiefs have a winning carrer. There is nothing for a Texan fan to look back to. but it does kinda suprise me that you have so little fans on your site--- I might not be the most popular-- let me know. even though how bad we have been we always have at least 30 on our site

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Well, there are alot of different Chiefs sites. We normally have more people on here, but I think most of them are drinking away the memories of todays game. I would too, except I have to work tonight.

texan-fan
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
What are you going to do with your Kicker or was that abberation. I think the game might have came out differently-It seemed like like yall got deflated

chief31
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
What are you going to do with your Kicker or was that abberation. I think the game might have came out differently-It seemed like like yall got deflated

For the kicker thing, I don't know. The guy is a rookie. I have no idea why we released the kicker we had. Lawrence Tynes was doing pretty good.

But, I don't fault him for what appears to have been piss-poor play-calling. Herm made a statement, the other day, that drives me insane. It was something to the effect of he would be happy if our offense scored 21 points, against the Texans, because..."That's alot of points." Then stated that thirty points isn't real football, that that is "arena football".

How an NFL head coach can say that he doesn't want his offense to sc ore alot of points, just irritates the he77 out of me. And todays game showed his offensive philosophy.

texan-fan
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Well you have seen plenty of NFL games. one thing changes alot. your team was tearing us up and I was ready to drink some more beer on the porch( Texans are used to loosing) until that happened then I knew it was still on

timbok
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
either 1 of 2 things.

1.the houston texans are a very good team
2.the kansas city chiefs suck..

Three7s
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
A little of both.

wolfpack
09-09-2007, 10:18 PM
either 1 of 2 things.

you forgot the 3rd. hermmie and his lapdog solari.

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
For the kicker thing, I don't know. The guy is a rookie. I have no idea why we released the kicker we had. Lawrence Tynes was doing pretty good.

But, I don't fault him for what appears to have been piss-poor play-calling. Herm made a statement, the other day, that drives me insane. It was something to the effect of he would be happy if our offense scored 21 points, against the Texans, because..."That's alot of points." Then stated that thirty points isn't real football, that that is "arena football".

How an NFL head coach can say that he doesn't want his offense to sc ore alot of points, just irritates the he77 out of me. And todays game showed his offensive philosophy.

...Hit the nail on the head man!

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-09-2007, 11:59 PM
But I know what you can blame Medlock for......Missed field goals. what is wrong with this kid-is he nervous. He missed kicks in the preseason and is apparently in encore mode now. It is
A. Depressing watching us lose
B. depressing watching us lose like we did
C. Depressing seeing us heading to a 6-10 or 7-9 year but not make an impact pick with the selection we get
D. Depressing that I dont see an end in sight

P.S. I love those those damn Chiefs- this sh** is driving me f****** nuts
Are the asteric words acceptable
Do you think we can kidnap Brian Brohm from Louisville?

Sweets
09-10-2007, 12:23 AM
lol, it's one f*ing game fellas, chill out...blaming playcalling when your team just looked pathetic out there today is just not cool...you didn't lose the game because of Herm, you don't have the players in your arsenal to win a lot of games this year, just not enough talent...sorry

spiman
09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Well I'm drunkiing away--Urp-But/butt, We need a serious rebuild year, this is it? NOT--WE Need 1 ..We can't even kick a field goal..Damm Don't even Think it get's better.. I Bet on Texas..My Wallot speaks louder than words.Or my HEART..

Sweets
09-10-2007, 12:28 AM
either 1 of 2 things.

How did the Jets do today?? <hehehehehe> Number 2 is my guess also

spiman
09-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Ditto!

stlchief
09-10-2007, 12:43 AM
lol, it's one f*ing game fellas, chill out...blaming playcalling when your team just looked pathetic out there today is just not cool...you didn't lose the game because of Herm, you don't have the players in your arsenal to win a lot of games this year, just not enough talent...sorry

I must disagree with this:

When you are down by 2 scores in the second half and you run 4 different plays (LJ left, LJ right, fake to LJ and pass to LJ 3 yards past the line of scrimmage, hit someone in the flats) on 90% of the plays, there are some serious play-calling issues.

Down by 3 scores, and your best play is the fake hand-off to LJ and then pass to LJ, then forget it.

First down --> hand-off. Where the hell is the play-action? The defense looked fairly good (except for 1 play for the TD and the last drive for a field goal).

A coach cannot win a game, players win games. But a coach can handicap a team, and IMHO, that is what we saw today...

spiman
09-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Kansas City- Run-L.J. And-Last Y.R. STUFF..COLTS Win
This YR? What play calling? Kan't kick field goals' Still think O' line needs work. Saw <Many holes/hurries

Sweets
09-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Your opinion to disagree and I can respect that but your players played like sh*t...no matter what the calls were. How can you say your defense played fairly good, they let 20 points get scored and you guys were playing the freaking Texans for pete's sake, better get the "Coach didn't call the right plays" speech lined up for next week, the Bears are waiting!!

sling58
09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Your opinion to disagree and I can respect that but your players played like sh*t...no matter what the calls were. How can you say your defense played fairly good, they let 20 points get scored and you guys were playing the freaking Texans for pete's sake, better get the "Coach didn't call the right plays" speech lined up for next week, the Bears are waiting!!

The defense let that one td for 7 and the the field goal drive at the end. The other TD was off a BS fumble call and the other 3 was from a bogus INT that shouldn't have happened that set up a FG.

It so wasn't the D's fault but I will agree SOME of our players played like sh*t!

sbenson9
09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
But I know what you can blame Medlock for......Missed field goals. what is wrong with this kid-is he nervous. He missed kicks in the preseason and is apparently in encore mode now. It is
A. Depressing watching us lose
B. depressing watching us lose like we did
C. Depressing seeing us heading to a 6-10 or 7-9 year but not make an impact pick with the selection we get
D. Depressing that I dont see an end in sight

P.S. I love those those damn Chiefs- this sh** is driving me f****** nuts
Are the asteric words acceptable
Do you think we can kidnap Brian Brohm from Louisville? Al your points are valid. It was more depressing to watch it in houston at reliant. By the way Kudos to all the chief fans that were at the game Lots of tailgaters. I dont understand why on 1st and ten on the ten we throw the ball 3 times. Hello LJ make him earn that fat contract. Its different when you watch it live, no replay and no commentary, Not that it makes any excuses but props to houston fans, It was pretty damn loud there. It is my humble opinion that what killed us was points on turnovers. We could have been in the game but we gave them the ball to much

GO chiefs

stlchief
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Sweets - I am surprised. I thought you were more in touch. 7 points were scored while the defense was not on the field. That leaves 13. One field goal was due to the fumbled punt return on the wrong end of the field (are you going to hold that against the defense?).

13 points is a good defensive game. If you count on your defense holding teams to less than that to win, you are not going to win a ton of games.

They forced 3 - and - outs. They forced turn-overs.

To be honest, after the offense had 4 turnovers, who would even fault them for being tired in the 4th and giving up the late drive.

I stand by the defense played well.

And for "coach didn't call the right plays". C'mon. If you want to act like a know-it-all, no problem (but it's obvious you didn't even watch the game from the defense / 20 point statement). I want to know how you think you can come up with 3 scores in one half of football without throwing the ball more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. According to you this was GREAT PLAY CALLING - BEYOND REPROACH - BLAME THE PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY SUCK.

gimme a break.

Three7s
09-10-2007, 10:23 PM
If we got TDs on the drives we had that were good and didn't turn the ball over, we win 14-13. Maybe even easier. I still underestimated the Texans. They aren't bad on defense. Those hits were killer.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
How did the Jets do today?? <hehehehehe> Number 2 is my guess also

:lol::lol: ROFL!!!

Sweets
09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Sweets - I am surprised. I thought you were more in touch. 7 points were scored while the defense was not on the field. That leaves 13. One field goal was due to the fumbled punt return on the wrong end of the field (are you going to hold that against the defense?).

13 points is a good defensive game. If you count on your defense holding teams to less than that to win, you are not going to win a ton of games.

They forced 3 - and - outs. They forced turn-overs.

To be honest, after the offense had 4 turnovers, who would even fault them for being tired in the 4th and giving up the late drive.

I stand by the defense played well.

And for "coach didn't call the right plays". C'mon. If you want to act like a know-it-all, no problem (but it's obvious you didn't even watch the game from the defense / 20 point statement). I want to know how you think you can come up with 3 scores in one half of football without throwing the ball more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. According to you this was GREAT PLAY CALLING - BEYOND REPROACH - BLAME THE PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY SUCK.

gimme a break.

You played the F*ing Texans, people....your defense didn't play well no matter what you say, but hey I'm just curious what you guys will make up when you get the Bears next week.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-11-2007, 10:52 AM

You gotta give him some credit for the players on the field- A. selecting them B. Getting them prepared to play

HonestlyI like alot of the team we have, the defensive changes Herm has made (personally would rather watch the great defenses we had with Thomas, Smith, Saleaumua, and so on- than the shoot out teams) I feel like the team we have could be on the cusp of something real good-but the worry is I have lfelt like this for about 20 years. In my eyes we have to play Croyle to see what we have-if we should take a QB. Obviously we need O-line help

P.S. considering 4 TO's only giving up 13 not bad at all-Excited to see when J.Allen comes back

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
You played the F*ing Texans, people....your defense didn't play well no matter what you say, but hey I'm just curious what you guys will make up when you get the Bears next week.

I agree with the premise here, however, IIRC the score through much of the first half was 0-0; this would denote a good defensive showing at least through the first half, but like you said: it's the Texans.

rbedgood
09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
It doesn't matter who you play...if you can't score more than 3 points your not going to win. Frankly if Herm scored his 21 point max you would have been okay.

However I agree the defense was improved. You can't blame them for the TD where they weren't on the field. And holding the Texans to a FG is a good stance on the short field. That being said giving up the long ball is a weakness, and the Bears WRs are better than the Texans, fortunately the Bears QB has the habit of throwing to the other team.

The big issue will be for the Chiefs to move the ball against the brick wall that is the Bears D. LJ will have to get more than 10 carries (closer to 30) and still get 7-8 receptions, and Bowe/Sippio will have to show up.

Canada
09-11-2007, 12:17 PM

How do you think your offence is gonna do next game?? They only had 109 yards before the final drive...and u were only playing the Cards

Sweets
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh ok Canada, can't take a little criticism so now it's all about the 49ers huh?....Well, I'm not a homer and I know when my team sucks and we have for years now, but unlike the rest of you, I don't spout off things like "my team is good, it's the coach who sucks", I posted something about the game last night and how disappointed I am in my team, however, we did beat the Broncos last season. Sorry people just figured you all could take the ribbing, obviously the only one here who can is Drunk...guess I'll just talk to him.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
How do you think your offence is gonna do next game?? They only had 109 yards before the final drive...and u were only playing the Cards

YAHTZEE :lol:

Three7s
09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Just ignore Sweets people, all he does is say the same things. LOL, UR DEFENSE GOT OWNED BY THE TEXANS HAHAAHA. Tell me we got beat by a bad team when they're competing for a wild card in their crappy division. It's obvious he never even saw the game either if he thinks the defense gave up 20, probably just saw a highlight or two.

Sweets
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
He???? wtf...All I do is say the same things???? I never said you got owned, thats all you 7.....I never said the defense gave up 20 pts...and I never laughed at your team for losing...get a grip lil boy.

The Texans went 6-10 last season, hardly a playoff team

chief31
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Seriously though, when a head coach announces an interest in not scoring too many points, he is going to be at the top of my complaint list, every time anything goes awry with the team he is coaching. And when it's my team that he is coaching, he is going to be on my list, even when they win. The man embarrassed himself and yet only a few Chiefs fans have expressed any negativity on the matter. I haven't herd a peep from the national media, on the subject. If a head coach said the opposite, "we don't want to keep the other team from scoring, that would be soccer" wouldn't the entire world be laughing at him? Or maybe something like..." We have to be careful not to win too many games." "We don't want to be overly successful." This is a rant that probably won't end until Herm is gone, or I am.

swmochiefsfan
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Yah it was a pretty ignorant comment, but with this guys "philosophy" it didn't come as a shock. I've never really voiced a displeasure with a coach but I'm not impressed with Hermmie, probably wouldn't mind seeing him move on. Then comes the question who replaces him? Where do you start? I dont think this is going to happen anyway with Carl being dug in like an Alabama tick.

chief31
09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Yah it was a pretty ignorant comment, but with this guys "philosophy" it didn't come as a shock. I've never really voiced a displeasure with a coach but I'm not impressed with Hermmie, probably wouldn't mind seeing him move on. Then comes the question who replaces him? Where do you start? I dont think this is going to happen anyway with Carl being dug in like an Alabama tick.

I wouldn't mind him being a defensive coordinator, but he is entirely too one-sided to be a head coach.IMO.

sbenson9
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
You go down to Noranm OK and you bring some hookers and ye get Bob Stoops to sign up thats where you start and thats where you end it. You bring the sooner mentality to KC and you win some games

DrunkHillbilly
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't mind him being a defensive coordinator, but he is entirely too one-sided to be a head coach.IMO.

Hold on a second!! Something is all F'd up here!! I agree again with you???????????:sign0153:

chief31
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Hold on a second!! Something is all F'd up here!! I agree again with you???????????:sign0153:

You had better stop that nonsense, RIGHT NOW!!!!

Three7s
09-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Herm actually addressed the stuff about what he said with scoring points in a conference today. He said to win all we really need to do is score 24 points, he says he'd love to score more, he was just kidding around. Of course, he says to beat the Bears it'll take turnovers. Who didn't know that?

Oh and Sweets, the Texans were 6-10 last year. Which is also a 4 game improvement from the year before. We'll see this year.

swmochiefsfan
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
You go down to Noranm OK and you bring some hookers and ye get Bob Stoops to sign up thats where you start and thats where you end it. You bring the sooner mentality to KC and you win some games
Maybe, but college coaches dont have the best track record when coming to the NFL.

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 05:13 PM

The two of you have more in common then you realize my young padawans. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Canada
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
The two of you have more in common then you realize my young padawans. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

How many friggin padawans do you have??

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
How many friggin padawans do you have??

ALL OF YOU!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All is going according to plan!:D

royalswin100games
09-11-2007, 08:36 PM

Keep Herm as the D Cord and go get Norm Chow to show Brodie how to play QB.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Just ignore Sweets people, all he does is say the same things. LOL, UR DEFENSE GOT OWNED BY THE TEXANS HAHAAHA. Tell me we got beat by a bad team when they're competing for a wild card in their crappy division. It's obvious he never even saw the game either if he thinks the defense gave up 20, probably just saw a highlight or two.

Actually I think she has contributed much to the boards and has from what I've seen been respectful. I've not agreed with everything she has said, but I'm not about to get upset because of her point of view; which she has every right to BTW.

I would hope that we are big enough to take a varying opinion for what it is worth to us and say: "that is your opinion, and your entitled to it." while expressing our own in an intelligent manor.

stlchief
09-12-2007, 04:00 AM

He???? wtf...All I do is say the same things???? I never said you got owned, thats all you 7.....I never said the defense gave up 20 pts...and I never laughed at your team for losing...get a grip lil boy.

The Texans went 6-10 last season, hardly a playoff team

Maybe you are part of the Bush administration and sometimes "don't recall" specific things that were said....

According to all of your posts, it can never be the coach did a poor job. Or maybe a coach can only make a bad decision on a single, game changing play?

Forget it. You can coach a team of talented players to a crappy score. Period. This is basically the same team, other than the offensive line, that was an "arena football league" team 2 yrs ago.

How about an up or down vote, Sweets? Did Herm do an acceptable job coaching against the Texans?

Everyone else seems to think he did not...

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Maybe you are part of the Bush administration and sometimes "don't recall" specific things that were said....

According to all of your posts, it can never be the coach did a poor job. Or maybe a coach can only make a bad decision on a single, game changing play?

Forget it. You can coach a team of talented players to a crappy score. Period. This is basically the same team, other than the offensive line, that was an "arena football league" team 2 yrs ago.

How about an up or down vote, Sweets? Did Herm do an acceptable job coaching against the Texans?

Personally I think Herm has done a decent job in improving the defense and a great job of destroying the offense...oops...that's not the goal? Oh in that case...

luv
09-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Oh ok Canada, can't take a little criticism so now it's all about the 49ers huh?....Well, I'm not a homer and I know when my team sucks and we have for years now, but unlike the rest of you, I don't spout off things like "my team is good, it's the coach who sucks", I posted something about the game last night and how disappointed I am in my team, however, we did beat the Broncos last season. Sorry people just figured you all could take the ribbing, obviously the only one here who can is Drunk...guess I'll just talk to him.
I believe we beat the Broncos last year as well. What an awesome Thanksgiving! I was fortunate enough to be at that game.

Do I blame Herm for the loss? Yes. There were bad decisions, and the coach is responsible for those. But I also blame Huard, Medlock, TG, Bowe, and anyone else who missed a catch. Our defense also didn't play as well as we saw them play in preseason.

Guru
09-12-2007, 04:13 AM
ALL OF YOU!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All is going according to plan!:D

Just remember, in Star Wars mythology, the master always dies.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 04:22 AM

Never! I have mastered the art of perpetual life.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 04:23 AM
Personally I think Herm has done a decent job in improving the defense and a great job of destroying the offense...oops...that's not the goal? Oh in that case...

I believe we beat the Broncos last year as well. What an awesome Thanksgiving! I was fortunate enough to be at that game.

Do I blame Herm for the loss? Yes. There were bad decisions, and the coach is responsible for those. But I also blame Huard, Medlock, TG, Bowe, and anyone else who missed a catch. Our defense also didn't play as well as we saw them play in preseason.

Agreed on both accounts. :D

chief31
09-12-2007, 06:10 AM

...if you are a sith, that is.

Guru
09-12-2007, 06:54 AM
...if you are a sith, that is.

Luke was not a master yet. He and Leia were the only surviving jedi.

I know, I know. Semantics. :lol:

swmochiefsfan
09-12-2007, 09:17 AM

My vote is he did not, poor game time decisions, poor running of the clock, and the players lacked basic fundementals which I also think could be traced back to the coach for not having them prepared.

chief31
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I have stated that I thought that our defense did a good job in the Texans game, but would like to point out their biggest failure. After the offense finally put some points on the board, the defense allowed the Texans to gobble-up the clock, while moving the ball down the length of the field, for a field goal. That was a drive that the defense really needed to end quickly, in order to give the offense another chance, with some momentum. I understand that they had been out there for a long time, but that was a point where they could have made a difference in the outcome of the game. Instead, they allowed the Texans to run the ball very effectively and run the time off the clock.

Great defenses perform well, even when they have been on the field for most of the game. (See the Ravens and Bears.) I still believe that they are an improved group, but thought that I would point out their failures, so we don't congratulate them when they failed.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I have stated that I thought that our defense did a good job in the Texans game, but would like to point out their biggest failure. After the offense finally put some points on the board, the defense allowed the Texans to gobble-up the clock, while moving the ball down the length of the field, for a field goal. That was a drive that the defense really needed to end quickly, in order to give the offense another chance, with some momentum. I understand that they had been out there for a long time, but that was a point where they could have made a difference in the outcome of the game. Instead, they allowed the Texans to run the ball very effectively and run the time off the clock.

Great defenses perform well, even when they have been on the field for most of the game. (See the Ravens and Bears.) I still believe that they are an improved group, but thought that I would point out their failures, so we don't congratulate them when they failed.

The defense definitely was deflated and lacked heart toward the end of the game having put up with a lack luster offensive showing throughout the game.

DrunkHillbilly
09-12-2007, 11:49 AM

Let's don't forget the deep ball that basically ended the game! The Chiefs D has been giving that play up for 4,5,6 years now and at this point I wait for it to happen to see how bad it will affect us. Almost every game we get burned with the deep ball. Usually it's right down the middle so there are definite YAC's. If we are going to continually give that play up, can we atleast force it to the sideline where we can force them out of bounds instead of the end zone???

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Let's don't forget the deep ball that basically ended the game! The Chiefs D has been giving that play up for 4,5,6 years now and at this point I wait for it to happen to see how bad it will affect us. Almost every game we get burned with the deep ball. Usually it's right down the middle so there are definite YAC's. If we are going to continually give that play up, can we atleast force it to the sideline where we can force them out of bounds instead of the end zone???

Agreed; getting burned on the deep ball goes hand in hand with the pass rush, or lack thereof.

DrunkHillbilly
09-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Agreed; getting burned on the deep ball goes hand in hand with the pass rush, or lack thereof.

No doubt! Don't you get sick of seeing it year after year? Doesn't matter who the corners are, the safety's always get sucked in and I just say "oh f*%&k not again" everytime I see it coming! It's becoming a joke with my friends. Last year they started taking bets amongst each other on what quarter "the big one" was going to happen in!:mob:

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 12:05 PM

It also reflects on the play of the safeties...particularly in a cover2 scheme (Edwards preferred scheme). On the play in question the only defender in the picture (Pollard) had to dive to reach for a shoestring tackle. Not sure if the safeties got sucked in by underneath routes, or if they were pulled in by playaction, but they were out of position, as Andre Johnson shouldn't have been able to get behind Pollard. If Pollard was in position then it would've been a long play still, but it wouldn't have been a TD.

DrunkHillbilly
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
It also reflects on the play of the safeties...particularly in a cover2 scheme (Edwards preferred scheme). On the play in question the only defender in the picture (Pollard) had to dive to reach for a shoestring tackle. Not sure if the safeties got sucked in by underneath routes, or if they were pulled in by playaction, but they were out of position, as Andre Johnson shouldn't have been able to get behind Pollard. If Pollard was in position then it would've been a long play still, but it wouldn't have been a TD.

I just posted this point in another thread.

It's ALWAYS the corners or the safety's!! They get sucked in time after time! It's fricken Pop Warner stuff they teach you when you 12!! Stay home and do your job!!

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 12:22 PM

It's ALWAYS the corners or the safety's!! They get sucked in time after time! It's fricken Pop Warner stuff they teach you when you 12!! Stay home and do your job!!

I agree that it falls on them, but the comment someone made earlier is also true that the pass rush (or lack thereof) is at least partially responsible. Schaub was able to make a throw that deep without pressure. If you give Andre Johnson that much time to get open, he could do so against Chris McCallister and Ed Reed (one of the best DB/Safety tandems in the league)...although they'd make him pay for making the catch.

Three7s
09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Not just the safeties, but everyone on defense got sucked in by the play action. Ahman Green sold it nicely by not going to immediately block someone, so a lot of our defense not only thought he had the ball, but even went to him. The safeties bit as well, and that's how Andre got behind Pollard.
We did make one good play on a deep ball, it was that pass into the corner of the end zone when they were around the 40yrd line. Paige made a nice pick, so we do take care of it sometimes!

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 01:20 PM
No doubt! Don't you get sick of seeing it year after year? Doesn't matter who the corners are, the safety's always get sucked in and I just say "oh f*%&k not again" everytime I see it coming! It's becoming a joke with my friends. Last year they started taking bets amongst each other on what quarter "the big one" was going to happen in!:mob:

I agree that it falls on them, but the comment someone made earlier is also true that the pass rush (or lack thereof) is at least partially responsible. Schaub was able to make a throw that deep without pressure. If you give Andre Johnson that much time to get open, he could do so against Chris McCallister and Ed Reed (one of the best DB/Safety tandems in the league)...although they'd make him pay for making the catch.

Agreed with you both. Also the ease of which we seem to bite on the screen time after time is staggering.

wolfpack
09-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Agreed with you both. Also the ease of which we seem to bite on the screen time after time is staggering.
we bite on them like we always bite on bootlegs. i think everyteam runs them on us and we never learn. our ends sometimes are just plain stupid.:bash:

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
we bite on them like we always bite on bootlegs. i think everyteam runs them on us and we never learn. our ends sometimes are just plain stupid.:bash:

It is frustrating.

stlchief
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
It is frustrating.

They track turn-overs and talk about being plus or minus for a game or season and how important that is.

I would propose a new stat, the big-play stat. Look at only plays of over 30 (tier 3), 40 (tier 2) and 50 (tier 1) yards.

I would wager that the Chiefs defense leads the league in tier 1 plays over that last 3 - 4 years. If you look at tier 1 plus / minus, I bet we are around -10 (giving up 10 more 50+ yard plays a year than the offense produces).

It's probably just as telling as the turn-over ratio...

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
They track turn-overs and talk about being plus or minus for a game or season and how important that is.

I would propose a new stat, the big-play stat. Look at only plays of over 30 (tier 3), 40 (tier 2) and 50 (tier 1) yards.

I would wager that the Chiefs defense leads the league in tier 1 plays over that last 3 - 4 years. If you look at tier 1 plus / minus, I bet we are around -10 (giving up 10 more 50+ yard plays a year than the offense produces).

Agreed; good post!

Rep!

wolfpack
09-13-2007, 10:21 AM

they do keep stats on big plays against defenses. i know 15 yards,20 and more.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
One reason screens and play-action boots eat us up is because our linebackers are so fast, that if they bite on the fake, they have already over-pursued. I agree on the d-backs. The most frustrating thing I see all the time from the Chiefs' defense is a 3rd and 8 play where the opposing offense just sits a receiver 1 or 2 yards beyond the marker and completes the pass to him with 3 red jerseys around the guy but noone gets a hit on him until he has already caught the pass for a first down.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
One reason screens and play-action boots eat us up is because our linebackers are so fast, that if they bite on the fake, they have already over-pursued. I agree on the d-backs. The most frustrating thing I see all the time from the Chiefs' defense is a 3rd and 8 play where the opposing offense just sits a receiver 1 or 2 yards beyond the marker and completes the pass to him with 3 red jerseys around the guy but noone gets a hit on him until he has already caught the pass for a first down.

Agreed, in those likely situations the linebackers need to stay back and play their positions. IMO

royalswin100games
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Agreed, in those likely situations the linebackers need to stay back and play their positions. IMO

I agree as well. The linebackers should stay back with their speed in those type of situations. We have two geriatric corners that, although cerebral, are slower than the linebackers.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I agree as well. The linebackers should stay back with their speed in those type of situations. We have two geriatric corners that, although cerebral, are slower than the linebackers.

I heard that Chiefster is loaning Surtain his walker for the next game. :wheelchair: Is this true? If so, are you going to have him autograph it before he sends it back?

royalswin100games
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I heard that Chiefster is loaning Surtain his walker for the next game. :wheelchair: Is this true? If so, are you going to have him autograph it before he sends it back?

:lol: Maybe he'll give you some money from that bloated contract of his to get you a better model as well.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM

...My portable oxygen tank as well. He'll autograph them both after the game...if he has enough strength and energy. :D

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
...My portable oxygen tank as well. He'll autograph them both after the game...if he has enough strength and energy. :D

:lol: Just tell them to give him an IV so he can hold the sharpie.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
:lol: Just tell them to give him an IV so he can hold the sharpie.

I hear he has a stamp signature; he may have one of his many assistants simply stamp it. However, an original signature would be better.:D

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 01:49 PM
I hear he has a stamp signature; he may have one of his many assistants simply stamp it. However, an original signature would be better.:D

I would rather him leave his stamp on the field.:drunkhb:

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
I would rather him leave his stamp on the field.:drunkhb:

Would be nice!

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
:lol: Maybe he'll give you some money from that bloated contract of his to get you a better model as well.

there's an idea. :11:

Bike
09-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Here, here!!!!

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 03:21 AM
Here, here!!!!

Where, where!!!!