PDA

View Full Version : Old School Chiefs

djulo
09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
OK, we always go with the veteran guy. But this time the Veteran guy is no better than a backup Quaterback as he has spent his whole career being. Why? Tell me Why? don't we go with the better guy even though he is a rookie and let him get better. What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be. Start Brodie and take your lumps...he will get better. What I saw today was poor passing, no zip on the ball and turn overs. Let the young guy who can zip the ball, throw the ball down the field and give you some kind of chance to win.....PLAY!

chief31
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
OK, we always go with the veteran guy. But this time the Veteran guy is no better than a backup Quaterback as he has spent his whole career being. Why? Tell me Why? don't we go with the better guy even though he is a rookie and let him get better. What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be. Start Brodie and take your lumps...he will get better. What I saw today was poor passing, no zip on the ball and turn overs. Let the young guy who can zip the ball, throw the ball down the field and give you some kind of chance to win.....PLAY!

So, you watched one game, and that's all that you have ever seen of Damon Huard? Try being a fan for more than one game. I have seen him play better than today. So saying that this was the best game of his life is just plain foolish.

djulo
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I have watched every Chiefs game in the past 30 years...and what I see from Huard is a backup Quaterback. I never said it was his best game, he did well filling in for Grenn last year, but he is not going to get a stronger arm and he is just an average Quaterback. Why not try to establish a young guy with tallent as the future and franchise QB?

wolfpack
09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
huard is a pro back up,,, always has been always willbe. hermmie and his lap dog solari will never let this offense shine better than their defense. start crolye, unless something happens this offense isnt going nowhere.

m0ef0e
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not that worried about it. Huard is dependable and won't make too many mistakes and the o-line and receivers both look like they are starting to improve. Some turnovers, costly penalties, and bad calls cost us this game. It's far from over for the Chiefs this year, though.

wolfpack
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
hermmie and his lap dog solari will never let the "o" shine. hermmie has said scoring 30 + points a game is arnea football. remember, "you play to win the game" what a joke

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Unfortunately Croyle hasnt showed us alot, as much as anyone wants to argue Huard is an avg. QB. Atleast with Croyle you stick him in he takes his lumps and there is no guessing at the end of the year as to where we stand we would have a good idea of where our QB situation is. Whats the point of leaving Huard in- I wish our defense was the Ravens of their SuperBowl year but their not. I have been a KC fan since 1989 Carl Peterson has developed our teams and our expectations for mediocre football. Maybe if Huard plays real well we might go 9-7 maybe 10-6 and then get bounced from the playoffs again. Some people on here want to say dont Jump on the Chiefs and lets be positive. I can tell ya this I will never root for anyone against KC and I hope Carl Peterson gets us a SuperBowl Ring. But these choices and the way we continue to play is getting very frustrating.

stlchief
09-10-2007, 12:50 AM
:sign0153:
We did. Herm begged Croyle to be decent enough to take the job. Guess what? He SUCKED. He had one good drive in the pre-season. He had HUGE mistakes. There are a lot of arguments to make about starting him anyway, but to imply he is a better QB at this point is ludacris. The idea that we went with a more experienced QB over a better rookie is insane.

If you watched 30 years of Chiefs football, you must have meant regular seasons, because you obviously missed this pre-season....

Now - to say let's start him anyway and let him get better: this is a valid argument. But to imply he out-played Huard is nuts....

sling58
09-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Peyton Manning would have sucked yesterday behind our O-line and our play calling. It's not just one person that hurt us yesterday. It was all 53 players that were on the roster not clicking as a team that caused us to lose. Nothing more nothing less.

chief31
09-10-2007, 09:35 AM
What we saw today is the best that Huard will ever be.

I never said it was his best game,

O.......................K...

Peyton Manning would have sucked yesterday behind our O-line and our play calling. It's not just one person that hurt us yesterday. It was all 53 players that were on the roster not clicking as a team that caused us to lose. Nothing more nothing less.

I will hold this loss against the coaching staff, for the most part. Though management can take a fair portion, as well. Sure would have been nice to have gotten Dantes 84 yards kickoff return, total of 169 all purpose yards and Tynes' 3-3 field goals, long of 48 and 2-2 on extra points. (Each players actual accomplishments, from yesterday.)

peekaboo224
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Let's just hope that next week will be a lot better ! If not, then maybe we can start counting our future losses and start thinking about next year.

swmochiefsfan
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm not that worried about it. Huard is dependable and won't make too many mistakes and the o-line and receivers both look like they are starting to improve. Some turnovers, costly penalties, and bad calls cost us this game. It's far from over for the Chiefs this year, though.
I dont know bud, Id put this game on Herm and Solari, and the houston defense either looked good, or we were that bad.

sling58
09-10-2007, 10:12 AM

Everyone want's Croyle to play but the way our O line is playing it won't help AT ALL!!! Why put our QB of the future in to make him not believe in himself and mabe get him hurt. If he steps in right now he will be another Tim Couch, a bust. Couch was put in to early on a team that we look like right now, and he buckled under the pressure. I see that happening if he goes in. Leave Damon in and let him play, Huards confidence can't be shattered 11 years into his career to the point he will be a bust. CROYLE CAN'T HELP US RIGHT NOW. Who cares if Brodie can throw missles, with our Offense not clicking he wouldn't complete many anyway and he would be scared when he is the starter to go down the field. Yes experience is good for a player, but bad experiences won't help him develop into the Pro-Bowler we need at QB.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Everyone want's Croyle to play but the way our O line is playing it won't help AT ALL!!! Why put our QB of the future in to make him not believe in himself and mabe get him hurt. If he steps in right now he will be another Tim Couch, a bust. Couch was put in to early on a team that we look like right now, and he buckled under the pressure. I see that happening if he goes in. Leave Damon in and let him play, Huards confidence can't be shattered 11 years into his career to the point he will be a bust. CROYLE CAN'T HELP US RIGHT NOW. Who cares if Brodie can throw missles, with our Offense not clicking he wouldn't complete many anyway and he would be scared when he is the starter to go down the field. Yes experience is good for a player, but bad experiences won't help him develop into the Pro-Bowler we need at QB.

Exactly; if we put him behind this offensive line then he will get killed.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Exactly; if we put him behind this offensive line then he will get killed.

ok- Then when does the time come? What if the offensive line, which will jell some, plays similar to this all year, when do you bring him in? Or are we set that he is definitely the QB of the future? I dont feel like we have to start him now-and the points given not to start him are valid no doubt- as long as we realize HE MUST get substantial playing time this year to see if we have the right guy Agreed-Disagree?
It's tough to handle much more "servicable" QB play have we not done that enough we need a guy who can win a game
Servicable-Krieg, Bono, Grbac, Huard, DeBerg, all good QB I think we deserve a great one-Green was a great system QB not saying he wasnt- but you know what I mean where is our Montana, Favre, I know not everyone gets one but I can hope

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 11:20 AM
ok- Then when does the time come? What if the offensive line, which will jell some, plays similar to this all year, when do you bring him in? Or are we set that he is definitely the QB of the future? I dont feel like we have to start him now-and the points given not to start him are valid no doubt- as long as we realize HE MUST get substantial playing time this year to see if we have the right guy Agreed-Disagree?
It's tough to handle much more "servicable" QB play have we not done that enough we need a guy who can win a game
Servicable-Krieg, Bono, Grbac, Huard, DeBerg, all good QB I think we deserve a great one-Green was a great system QB not saying he wasnt- but you know what I mean where is our Montana, Favre, I know not everyone gets one but I can hope

When the "O" line shows some ability to actually...oh, I don't know...do their jobs? I read what you're saying, but the kid, who is already injury prone, won't be getting many starts anyway nursing another injury.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I here ya too, but we gotta do something. Who knows? I will leave in the hands of
Obi Wan Kenobi- Carl Peterson
and his padawan-Herm Edwards
May the force be with us

DrunkHillbilly
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Ya know, I keep seeing these posts( before the season and now) about people thinking we should start Croyle. This is insane!!!! This kid is never going to amount to anything! Career backup! And your right, he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself. He wasn't even all that great in college! IMO, it was a mistake to even draft him. Wasted pick!!

At this point it wouldn't matter who we had back there. They are going to struggle period! O line has a lot of work to do, we have mediocre at best receivers and the tight ends are blocking the whole game!

QB might be a concern but Huard is servicable for now. We have bigger problems than the QB position right now.

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I here ya too, but we gotta do something. Who knows? I will leave in the hands of
Obi Wan Kenobi- Carl Peterson
and his padawan-Herm Edwards
May the force be with us

Herm Peterson will never get us to the Super Bowl...well, unless they purchase the team tickets.

Ya know, I keep seeing these posts( before the season and now) about people thinking we should start Croyle. This is insane!!!! This kid is never going to amount to anything! Career backup! And your right, he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself. He wasn't even all that great in college! IMO, it was a mistake to even draft him. Wasted pick!!

At this point it wouldn't matter who we had back there. They are going to struggle period! O line has a lot of work to do, we have mediocre at best receivers and the tight ends are blocking the whole game!

QB might be a concern but Huard is servicable for now. We have bigger problems than the QB position right now.

Agreed.

Canada
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Flip a coin...head = Huard tails = Croyle

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-11-2007, 12:20 PM
ok so if Croyle has nothing, are you suggesting next year we trade big time to jump up to Brian Brohm, I would love to have him, I just dont want to hear it next year if we go after a QB people complaining about how we never gave Croyle a shot-I can hear it now

I am not saying Croyle is the answer I just want to get this outta the way, some publications have us witht he worst record in the league this year. I really dont think that will happen so we will probably have to trade to get the #1 pick- Trading to make a good draft choice is not Petersons style.
How nice would it be to take him #1 then maybe some OL help and a young corner- see I am getting excited again
time will tell

swmochiefsfan
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
O line help I would have to say is our biggest concern, Huard is servicable, Bowe shows some promise, LJ is LJ. Our line has been needing attention for the last 3 years, to me thats what I would like to see. I differ from a few opinions regarding Croyle, if the kid gets his head in the game and starts making good decisions I think he could be a great QB, but the only way that is going to happen (if it does) is through play time. Thats just me

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chief31
09-11-2007, 02:23 PM
O line help I would have to say is our biggest concern, Huard is servicable, Bowe shows some promise, LJ is LJ. Our line has been needing attention for the last 3 years, to me thats what I would like to see. I differ from a few opinions regarding Croyle, if the kid gets his head in the game and starts making good decisions I think he could be a great QB, but the only way that is going to happen (if it does) is through play time. Thats just me

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take on Croyle is that we put him in when the season is lost. If Huard plays as well as he did last year, then that won't happen. But, if he doesn't, which most of us feel will be the case, then Croyle will get some starting time. If nobody likes what they see, at that point, tough ****. Draft a real offensive tackle prospect and hope to play him on the left side, moving Mcintosh into a battle with Turley, for the right tackle spot. The give Croyle a real cahnce, with an improving O-line. Odds are that it would still take another season of that group playing together, to see what kind of quarterback Croyle, or anyone else, is.

This talk about trying to waste a few top picks, in an attempt to draft another rookie quarterback that we can ruin is a Cleveland Browns-type of aproach. No need to draft a "superstar" quarterback, until we can offer him some protection.

swmochiefsfan
09-11-2007, 02:39 PM
My take on Croyle is that we put him in when the season is lost. If Huard plays as well as he did last year, then that won't happen. But, if he doesn't, which most of us feel will be the case, then Croyle will get some starting time. If nobody likes what they see, at that point, tough ****. Draft a real offensive tackle prospect and hope to play him on the left side, moving Mcintosh into a battle with Turley, for the right tackle spot. The give Croyle a real cahnce, with an improving O-line. Odds are that it would still take another season of that group playing together, to see what kind of quarterback Croyle, or anyone else, is.

This talk about trying to waste a few top picks, in an attempt to draft another rookie quarterback that we can ruin is a Cleveland Browns-type of aproach. No need to draft a "superstar" quarterback, until we can offer him some protection.
ABSOLUTLY.

wolfpack
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
for the most part of the day haurd had time and still managed,what?, 5 yards a completion? the guy dont know how to throw down field,

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
O-line is the biggest concern. I have heard good and bad regarding Croyle; for me the jury is still out.