PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd.com Article : The Informer's Official Chiefs Mock Draft 1.0

Coach
02-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Read Article Here... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14856&Itemid=2)

whatwasthat?
02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
terrible

matthewschiefs
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I would not mind that draft I think that we would get a few postions of need taken care of. Maybe a higher pick at WR if we dont bring any free agents in. But I would not be upset at all if we get that draft.

jacko58
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
it would fill just a couple of holes. We still would have a question mark at nt we still would need to resign chambers or pick up anoth wr, we still need to resign dj and find some more linebackers, i wouldn't mind seeing dansby or joey porter. Still need a tight end

chief31
02-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I am not authorized to view that rescource. Lol

So I can't see the mock.

tornadospotter
02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Me either.

Coach
02-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I am not authorized to view that rescource. Lol

So I can't see the mock.

Me either.
Interesting. Anyone else having problems seeing this link?
Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14856&Itemid=2)

Big Daddy Tek
02-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Im not able to view it through your thread link, but it is viewable on the homepage.

captainamerica
02-18-2010, 01:47 AM
I didn't have any problems at all.

chief31
02-18-2010, 04:44 AM
Im not able to view it through your thread link, but it is viewable on the homepage.

Same. I did get to see it after reading this from BDT.

Drafting wo o-linemen as high as he has it makes me wonder who the "out" guy would be.

He mentions Waers moving to C, so I assume that that means that Niswanger would be that guy.

But I don't know that the staff is unhappy with him. Afterall, they are the people who awarded him as the MVP of our o-line, right?

I think this mock neglects the scope of how serious our needs at OLB and SS are. But I wouldn't be disguted by this draft.

pbatrucker
02-18-2010, 11:02 AM
It is one of the weaker mocks I have seen. I respect his opinion but can't figure out his love for Sam Young. Young is not very good at all.

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Same here...not authorized through the link, but saw it on the homepage.

Big Daddy Tek
02-19-2010, 12:53 AM
I think most Chiefs mock drafts that you see are more of a wish list than a mock draft. This is more of a realistic look into what could happen. Every need or hole wont be filled in the draft and after the draft many people will question why Pioli didn't draft a particular position when that was an obvious need on the roster.

For instance, Sam Young knows Weis' system in and out and in the fifth round, you are getting a guy that fills a need at right tackle but also doesn't have to adjust to the system. For the most part, you aren't getting starters in rounds 5 through 7 so this pick makes perfect sense as a guy who only has to work on fundamentals to become a role player.

The nose tackle position is accounted for in the second round with Dan Williams and is stated that we should go with Cody if he is available. Dan Williams is no slouch. Many experts have him rated higher than Cody anyway.

Most mocks that I have seen have the Chiefs picking up players with a pick that they will already be gone by, but they place these players there, so that their mock looks good.

An example of this would be how everyone has the Chiefs taking Jordan Shipley in the third round. Everybody wants Jordan Shipley in the third round. Therefore, Shipley will probably go higher than that. Riley Cooper is much more realistic.

Just because you didn't see a number of house hold names, doesn't mean that the mock isn't accurate.

But, That's why we have mocks so everybody can debate and speculate who their favorite team is going to pick. It sure does make this time of year fun.