PDA

View Full Version : Bad day? Good day?

Connie Jo
02-17-2010, 11:31 PM
The sun finally shined all day! Temps warmed up to just a jacket needed! That's a very good day thing!

Washed my truck...$17 in quarters, but I did get the damaging salty mud/dirt off, including underneath! That's a good day thing!

Car Wash spot free rinse didn't work...UGH! My truck has hard water residue now from the standard rinse. A little bit of a bad day thing...but better the salt/mud/dirt off, a good day wins!

Had a dentist appt. after washing my truck. I rarely have a cavity, so none...this is a good day thing. BUT...a back tooth is cracked, he said it needs pulled. Last 3 yrs. of life transition zapped my potassium & calcium levels...my dumb self wasn't able to eat right...4 teeth cracked now in the last year as a result.

Dentist gave options of implants or a bridge...neither CHEAP!! This is a bad day thing! Dentist said he doesn't think any more will crack...teeth are healthy & strong again overall, this is a good day thing!

Stopped at Walmart to do a bit of grocery shopping. Managed to get three 40 lbs bags of water softner pellets in the cart, then loaded into my truck...not an easy task with a bit of Carpal Tunnel...I did it! This is a good day!

On the drive home a car in front of me ran over a black cat that darted out...kitty didn't make it, I cried. This is not a good day thing. :(

The cat didn't run in front of me first, and I wasn't the one who hit it...that's a good day thing, that would've been worse. Also good I won't have bad luck, if superstition is true, related to bad luck if a black cat runs in front of ya...that's a good day thing! Poor kitty though. :(

Once home...managed to get the bags of salt pellets downstairs and loaded into the water softner without dropping a bag on my foot...this is a good day thing!

Dakota greeted me as always with smiles and attempts to jump up and hug me, hahaha. This is always a good day thing!

Sunny hasn't felt good lately, his 11 yrs are showing with arthritis, weight gain cause he's not as active. When I returned he was better, also happy to see me! He ate, which he hadn't done in 2 days...this is a good day thing!

Opened a package that arrived in the mail...boots I bought on Ebay. I was concerned cause although never worn, they were vintage, which vintage sizes can run small. Awesome boots!! REAL brown & white cow hair! Fit perfect! This is a good day thing!

My young friend Dillon let me know he arrived safely at St. Jude today for his 3 month MRI & check up...praying it will show no tumor growth...that will be a BLESSING of 90 good days!!

Now I'm bored, cause there's no Chiefs games, not much to talk Chiefs about...so decided to share bad and good day things to entertain myself, hahaha! This could be considered a bad day thing, but I think not...coming to Chiefs Crowd is always a good day thing!! In conclusion overall...it was a good day!

:chiefs: :postwhore5fw: :punk:

honda522
02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
My day was ok I guess. Got up and donated blood. I thought I would reach a gallon with this donation, but I couldn't do a double so.....

I did find out next time I donate, I will hit the 2 gallon mark.

Then I came home and worked on 2 papers until about 3. Glad I am finally done with that. I am sick of writing papers.

Connie Jo
02-17-2010, 11:37 PM
My day was ok I guess. Got up and donated blood. I thought I would reach a gallon with this donation, but I couldn't do a double so.....

I did find out next time I donate, I will hit the 2 gallon mark.

Then I came home and worked on 2 papers until about 3. Glad I am finally done with that. I am sick of writing papers.

You're one of the good guy's! 2 gallons though is a lot to give at once!!! I'd pass out, lol. I love to write, have since I was a kid...it's always been one of my interests/passions. I'd happily write your paper's for you...but that's cheating, lol. It sounds like you had a good day overall too! :D

honda522
02-17-2010, 11:52 PM
You're one of the good guy's! 2 gallons though is a lot to give at once!!! I'd pass out, lol. I love to write, have since I was a kid...it's always been one of my interests/passions. I'd happily write your paper's for you...but that's cheating, lol. It sounds like you had a good day overall too! :D
No no no. 2 gallons in the past 3 years...not all at once. They will only take a pint at a time, or two points of RBC and put the plasma back into your system.

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 12:14 AM
No no no. 2 gallons in the past 3 years...not all at once. They will only take a pint at a time, or two points of RBC and put the plasma back into your system.

Well, I didn't think gallon's sounded right, but wasn't sure. I don't think to donate blood. There aren't any local blood banks near me, closest would probably be in Topeka, about 45 minute drive away...or Kansas City which depending on what part of KC is about an hour or so drive.

Ryfo18
02-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Today was a decent day for me, same as usual though. I got a lot done at work which was nice. Went to church for ash wednesdsay, got some groceries and now I'm finishing the day off with a little Call of Duty on XBox.

What kind of dogs do you have Connie?

matthewschiefs
02-18-2010, 01:26 AM
I have a sprained ankle at the moment so today was filled with me limping around everywere. Outside of that it was just anther day of selling video games. Pretty boring. But not a bad day

AussieChiefsFan
02-18-2010, 01:36 AM
My day's been relatively good. I was pretty worried about my Italian test (I hate learning italian, and I can't wait till next year when I dont need to learn a language anymore:D) and I got 14/16 on it and I only missed out on a 15/16 score by 1 letter.
:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
02-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Just another day for me. Same as he last... I don't even know how many. :)

honda522
02-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I have a sprained ankle at the moment so today was filled with me limping around everywere. Outside of that it was just anther day of selling video games. Pretty boring. But not a bad day
Take some alive. I'd rather have a sprained ankle than what I have now.

Everyday my foot hurts. Doctors are dumb and don't know what it is. I have theory that the some nerves are being pinched in between the bones of my ankle. So when ever I put pressure on it, it hurts. Been dealing with that for atleast a year and a half or so. I guess I get use to the pain, but somedays it hurts more than others.

I hate doctors.

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Today was a decent day for me, same as usual though. I got a lot done at work which was nice. Went to church for ash wednesdsay, got some groceries and now I'm finishing the day off with a little Call of Duty on XBox.

What kind of dogs do you have Connie?

Did ya give up anything for Lent? Many of my Catholic friends do each Lent, but most never hold to it, haha. I'm baptized Catholic, but my Mississippian raised dad passed his Christian Southern Baptist Faith on to us kids, haha.

Dakota is a Black Lab I adopted from the local shelter when he was 2 yrs old, he's 5 now...has become my best friend since Lily passed away. She didn't like sharing my attention, would nudge him out of the way, haha...Dakota is making up for it now. Yet another example of there always being good within the sad. :)

Sunny (Sundance) is an Australian Sheperd & Blue Tick Hound mix, but has no markings of hound, he's golden yellow and white hair. I adopted him from the shelter when he was an 8 wk old pup, he's 11 now!!

Both are GREAT buddies, and love people, wonderful dispositions, well behaved in every way...except Dakota loves to jump up & greet ya, haha.

matthewschiefs
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Everyday my foot hurts. Doctors are dumb and don't know what it is. I have theory that the some nerves are being pinched in between the bones of my ankle. So when ever I put pressure on it, it hurts. Been dealing with that for atleast a year and a half or so. I guess I get use to the pain, but somedays it hurts more than others.

I hate doctors.

I have the same deal. I broke my foot playing football in high school and now it swells up for no reason from time to time and doctors say that theres nothing wrong. Its not fun but you do get use to it somehow.

Chiefster
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm alive, relatively healthy and have my loved ones around me. All good day things! :)

Ryfo18
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Did ya give up anything for Lent? Many of my Catholic friends do each Lent, but most never hold to it, haha. I'm baptized Catholic, but my Mississippian raised dad passed his Christian Southern Baptist Faith on to us kids, haha.

Dakota is a Black Lab I adopted from the local shelter when he was 2 yrs old, he's 5 now...has become my best friend since Lily passed away. She didn't like sharing my attention, would nudge him out of the way, haha...Dakota is making up for it now. Yet another example of there always being good within the sad. :)

Sunny (Sundance) is an Australian Sheperd & Blue Tick Hound mix, but has no markings of hound, he's golden yellow and white hair. I adopted him from the shelter when he was an 8 wk old pup, he's 11 now!!

Both are GREAT buddies, and love people, wonderful dispositions, well behaved in every way...except Dakota loves to jump up & greet ya, haha.

I actually didn't give up anything this Lent, but did the opposite and am trying to workout 4 days a week.

Dakota sounds just like my almost 2-year old Chocolate Lab. Lucy LOVES to jump up and & greet people. She also likes to hog the couch:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/02/130.jpg

She's a good girl though, I love having her!

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM

I hate doctors.

Just a thought, I had similar symptom's once, & foot DR wasn't sure why. Through process of elimination, come to find out I was doing physical work with my feet...like landscape digging with a shovel...without supportive shoe's for such. I was giving myself what's called 'stress fracture's'...cracking the tiny bone's in my feet, which didn't show on x-ray's. It can happen just being on your feet too much too they said.

Anyway, once I began wearing work boots with support, my bone's healed, no more stress facture's! :D

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I actually didn't give up anything this Lent, but did the opposite and am trying to workout 4 days a week.

Dakota sounds just like my almost 2-year old Chocolate Lab. Lucy LOVES to jump up and & greet people. She also likes to hog the couch:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/02/130.jpg

She's a good girl though, I love having her!

OH MY!! She's so beautiful! I love Chocolate Lab's! I almost adopted one before Dakota! He was a stray at the shelter, but ended up being a lost dog and the owner's re-claimed him...he was so pretty & such a good dog too!

I always worry if I have just one, they'll be lonely without a friend when I'm not home, haha. I'll likely alway's have two, but rather no more than two. My daughter told me about Dakota when I already had Sunny & Lily. He was tagged "urgent" at the "low kill" shelter...he'd been there too long, only had a week left for someone to adopt him, how could I not when she told me his story!

I'm very glad I did too! :D

Ryfo18
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
OH MY!! She's so beautiful! I love Chocolate Lab's! I almost adopted one before Dakota! He was a stray at the shelter, but ended up being a lost dog and the owner's re-claimed him...he was so pretty & such a good dog too!

I always worry if I have just one, they'll be lonely without a friend when I'm not home, haha. I'll likely alway's have two, but rather no more than two. My daughter told me about Dakota when I already had Sunny & Lily. He was tagged "urgent" at the "low kill" shelter...he'd been there too long, only had a week left for someone to adopt him, how could I not when she told me his story!

I'm very glad I did too! :D

That's a great story, I'm sure he's an awesome dog. I'm definitely going to get another Lab in the near future. I'm in an apartment right now though, so it'd be pretty crammed with two large dogs in there. After I get married in August though my fiance and I are going to start looking for houses. So we'll probably get our 2nd in the next 6-7 months. That way we can potty train it so in case of any accidents, they are on the apartment's carpet, not my new house's carpet :punk:.

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't have many pic's of my dog's, but here's Dakota on my deck summer 2008:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Kansas%20and%20Me/Deck/deck7.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Kansas%20and%20Me/Deck/deck3.jpg

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I found one of Sunny! haha
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/02/131.jpg

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
That's a great story, I'm sure he's an awesome dog. I'm definitely going to get another Lab in the near future. I'm in an apartment right now though, so it'd be pretty crammed with two large dogs in there. After I get married in August though my fiance and I are going to start looking for houses. So we'll probably get our 2nd in the next 6-7 months. That way we can potty train it so in case of any accidents, they are on the apartment's carpet, not my new house's carpet :punk:.

Yeah, potty training with carpeting isn't a good thing, lol. I've been fortunate and mine have always potty trained easily. I've worked at home the last 14 yrs more often than not, so that helps too. This house has mostly hardwood ash floors throughout with only area rugs, so that's a plus also!

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 02:51 PM
PS: Congrat's on the upcoming wedding in August too!! My son & his wife were married in August, 2006. They married here at the house in the front yard...very stressful on mom (me) with all the planning for 100 guest's! Thankfully I talked them into having only the ceremony here, and the reception & dance in town at the Elks after, hahaha.

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm alive, relatively healthy and have my loved ones around me. All good day things! :)

REP!! Indeed!! :)

Connie Jo
02-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Sorry about your ankle, & hope it heals quickly! I know how painful a sprained ankle can be.

My day's been relatively good. I was pretty worried about my Italian test (I hate learning italian, and I can't wait till next year when I dont need to learn a language anymore:D) and I got 14/16 on it and I only missed out on a 15/16 score by 1 letter.
:bananen_smilies046:
Congrat's to you! I'm not surprised though, that you did so well! :) You're gonna be a great sports journalist someday!! :D

Just another day for me. Same as he last... I don't even know how many. :)

I have day's like that too, lol. Sometimes I have to look at the calendar to know what day of the week it is, hahaha. Not sure if it's due to a pre-occupied mind, or age, lol.

N TX Dave
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Well my day yesterday was a great day not just good day.
Managed to get through a day at work teaching new agents without feeling drained after talking all day good day.

Went bowling found out my team was in first place good day.

Lost first game by 80 pin to the 16th place team bad day.

Bowled terrible second game had 5 splits and only 3 strikes ended up 30 pins under my average bad day.

3rd game I bowled 12 strikes for my first 300 game in 30+ years of trying GREAT DAY

So now I have seen three things I consider to be very good thing a 300 game bowling, Chiefs win a SB and the Royals win a WS my sports life is now complete.

Of course I want like to see Chiefs win the SB again.
Bo

Chiefster
02-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Here are my pooches! :D

YouTube- My babies!

Canada
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Since we are all showin off our puppies

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/06/10.jpg

and her new collar

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/144.jpg

Chiefster
02-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Outstanding Canada!

Canada
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Outstanding Canada!

Thanks, although mine does not do as many tricks as yours!! :D

Ryfo18
02-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Well my day yesterday was a great day not just good day.
Managed to get through a day at work teaching new agents without feeling drained after talking all day good day.

Went bowling found out my team was in first place good day.

Lost first game by 80 pin to the 16th place team bad day.

Bowled terrible second game had 5 splits and only 3 strikes ended up 30 pins under my average bad day.

3rd game I bowled 12 strikes for my first 300 game in 30+ years of trying GREAT DAY

So now I have seen three things I consider to be very good thing a 300 game bowling, Chiefs win a SB and the Royals win a WS my sports life is now complete.

Of course I want like to see Chiefs win the SB again.
Bo

Holy cow! Congrats on the 300 game, that's awesome!

matthewschiefs
02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Here are my pooches! :D

YouTube- My babies! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrnm9Wz0aZU)

Chiefster has a voice I thought he was all type.

honda522
02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Just a thought, I had similar symptom's once, & foot DR wasn't sure why. Through process of elimination, come to find out I was doing physical work with my feet...like landscape digging with a shovel...without supportive shoe's for such. I was giving myself what's called 'stress fracture's'...cracking the tiny bone's in my feet, which didn't show on x-ray's. It can happen just being on your feet too much too they said.

Anyway, once I began wearing work boots with support, my bone's healed, no more stress facture's! :D

It could be, but I have numerous pairs of shoes with good support.

Ryfo18
02-18-2010, 09:46 PM
PS: Congrat's on the upcoming wedding in August too!! My son & his wife were married in August, 2006. They married here at the house in the front yard...very stressful on mom (me) with all the planning for 100 guest's! Thankfully I talked them into having only the ceremony here, and the reception & dance in town at the Elks after, hahaha.

Thanks! Yeah the planning stuff is no fun...We're inviting over 300 (that's counting on everyone bringing a guest) and are expecting over 200...I have a huge family, most of whom don't miss events like this.

Connie Jo
02-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Thanks! Yeah the planning stuff is no fun...We're inviting over 300 (that's counting on everyone bringing a guest) and are expecting over 200...I have a huge family, most of whom don't miss events like this.

Oh my! I envy you, but don't at the same time, lol. I had about 200 at my daughters wedding. Yeah, the planning can be stressful, but the end result is worth it. :D