PDA

View Full Version : L.T in K.C.??

King_of_the_Cassel
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Ok, I may be reaching here, but who thinks having LT here to give Charles breathers and teaching him would be a plus? We dopnt have a real good back-up to charles and in the process he could stick it to SD twice next year with Chambers!!! Just a thought:chiefs:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
No LT for me we just got rid of a LJ sounds like bad karma to me!!!:raisux:

PawnshopMarimba
02-22-2010, 10:47 PM
If he could be got for a reasonable price, I'd take him for one or two years as a situational back. He could be useful as a change-of-pace back up to Charles or a Jumbo Set short yardage guy... and of course, you always can start running the halfback option with him.

But he has to be a back up, and he should be earning back up wages.

matthewschiefs
02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
depends on what the terms of getting him would be. If we could bring him in as a backup and for not a lot of money then I am all for it. I dont want him brought in to start over Charles. Its time to see what Charles can do for a full season as the starter.

I realy dont think it will happen. I dont see LT as a guy who will take a backup role and he will probley want to get a lot of money. Under those terms i would not want him.

cjsfw2
02-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I think there's zero chance LT wants to come here...but if no one else wanted him and he's ready to mentor Jamaal then why not? But Jamaal would be THE guy, not LT.

Sn@keIze
02-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Just like this was brought up 3 weeks ago.....answer remains the same.

Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - LT not in Diego next year? (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=178481&postcount=1)

stricken721
02-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Bring him in before training camp, learn everything we can about the San Diego offensive playbook from him and then release him.

captainamerica
02-23-2010, 02:56 AM
I think Chester Taylor would probably be a cheaper option for us and better suited for what we want to do on offense given his ability to catch passes. If we're going to bring in a veteran to backup and teach Jamaal Charles, I think Chester would be a better option than LT.

AussieChiefsFan
02-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Id be happy to have him if he came cheap. I dont know how he'll feel about being a backup to a person thats about 10 years younger than him!

AussieChiefsFan
02-23-2010, 02:58 AM
I think Chester Taylor would probably be a cheaper option for us and better suited for what we want to do on offense given his ability to catch passes. If we're going to bring in a veteran to backup and teach Jamaal Charles, I think Chester would be a better option than LT.

Chester taylor would be great! But I think the Vikings are trying to hang on to him.

Chiefster
02-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Ok, I may be reaching here, but who thinks having LT here to give Charles breathers and teaching him would be a plus? We dopnt have a real good back-up to charles and in the process he could stick it to SD twice next year with Chambers!!! Just a thought:chiefs:

Admittedly, it would be nice but I have a hard time seeing it happen; especially if he comes with a big price tag.

pbatrucker
02-23-2010, 06:37 AM
LT wouldn't take a pay cut to sign with SD, why would anyone think he would come cheap.
Both LT and Chester Taylor want to be feature backs. Our situation does not work for either one.
This draft is deep for RB, we will probably draft one in the forth or fifth round.

tg1979
02-23-2010, 09:46 AM
I've got to go with the consensus, it would be nice to have him as a backup, but he's washed up as a full time back and commands too much $$$. I see him probably going to Detroit or Tampa Bay... maaaybe New England.

honda522
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
We just got rid of a whinny B*itch, why do we want another?

Ryfo18
02-23-2010, 12:14 PM
We just got rid of a whinny B*itch, why do we want another?

LT's not really a whiny *****. He would be an excellent complement to Charles if he were willing to not be the #1 guy. I'd welcome him with open arms if he could play that role.

KottkeKU
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
LT said himself his no.1 goal is to win a championship. He doesn't want to come to KC....

i would rather have Chester Taylor or a rookie RB in the 5th,6th, 7th, or even non drafted free agent over him simply because of the price tag alone....

just one man's opinion

rbedgood
02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
I've got to go with the consensus, it would be nice to have him as a backup, but he's washed up as a full time back and commands too much $$$. I see him probably going to Detroit or Tampa Bay... maaaybe New England.

You can cross off Detroit & Tampa Bay. Neither team is very good, and both have money invested in younger runningbacks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Miami if Ronnie Brown doesn't re-sign, New England is possible, if Chester Taylor moves in Minnesota could be interesting. He will likely be a back up wherever he ends up...it would be a lot easier for him to justify backing up AP than most other HBs.

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
LT said himself his no.1 goal is to win a championship. He doesn't want to come to KC....

i would rather have Chester Taylor or a rookie RB in the 5th,6th, 7th, or even non drafted free agent over him simply because of the price tag alone....

just one man's opinion

This.

Believe it or not, but I could totally see LT signing with the Vikings. if they lose chester taylor, they will need an accompaniment for AP.

LT is the perfect running back for their system, and the Vikings have only one more legitimate shot at the super bowl with this team (assuming Favre comes back).

He won't go to the Patriots, as the bad blood between LT and that team is well documented. the Jets have 3 legit running backs.

The Saints are another major option, if they choose not to re-sign Reggie Bush. LT and Drew Brees have been best friends since they were drafted together.

The Saints could easily lose Mike Bell or Bush and add LT to their stable. the only running back on their roster who is safe is Pierre Thomas.

honda522
02-23-2010, 01:32 PM
LT's not really a whiny *****. He would be an excellent complement to Charles if he were willing to not be the #1 guy. I'd welcome him with open arms if he could play that role.
Have you NOT seen him throw a fit when doesn't get his way?:meow:

He is just a big baby if he doesn't get his way. :ninerssuck:

matthewschiefs
02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Have you NOT seen him throw a fit when doesn't get his way?:meow:

He is just a big baby if he doesn't get his way. :ninerssuck:

He does have that in him. You do see it. But he at least tries to be a pro. Thats more then what you can say for some players. I Dont think bringing him in would be anther LJ. But I realy realy dont think he will be in KC so it wont be our problem.

Seek
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Maybe I am in the minority, but NO way... A. Who did LT learn from that he has to teach J. Charles. I am guessing it was his own experience. B. The signig won't be cheap. It is time to rebuild the team through the draft and not with over paid guys almost retired.

I personally would rather the team draft another RB to give J. Charles a breather and just just J. Charles do his own thing and let our coachs teach him based on his own ability.

tornadospotter
02-23-2010, 05:19 PM
If he could be got for a reasonable price, I'd take him for one or two years as a situational back. He could be useful as a change-of-pace back up to Charles or a Jumbo Set short yardage guy... and of course, you always can start running the halfback option with him.

But he has to be a back up, and he should be earning back up wages.
I agree.

Pro_Angler
02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Lt will end up with a sb contender like Indy

matthewschiefs
02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Lt will end up with a sb contender like Indy

I like that fit for him. They dont realy focus on running the ball there. He could defently be a help. Might get a ring there.

KristofLaw
02-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Maybe I am in the minority, but NO way... A. Who did LT learn from that he has to teach J. Charles. I am guessing it was his own experience. B. The signig won't be cheap. It is time to rebuild the team through the draft and not with over paid guys almost retired.

I personally would rather the team draft another RB to give J. Charles a breather and just just J. Charles do his own thing and let our coachs teach him based on his own ability.

He could jump in a lake and not come out for all I care.

Coach
02-24-2010, 01:45 AM
LT will not be on the Chiefs next year. I think its very likely that he will end up on an NFC team.

Seek
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
LT will not be on the Chiefs next year. I think its very likely that he will end up on an NFC team.

I agree with you here. Philly just cut B. Westbrook. Making an viable opening for him.

Then again the Raider need another Rb.

STiLLaRa1d3R
02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
LT will be a chief and he will be decent for you guys.

STiLLaRa1d3R
02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I agree with you here. Philly just cut B. Westbrook. Making an viable opening for him.

Then again the Raider need another Rb.

We won't take LT. Have solid backs in Fargas and Michael Bush. McFadden is so so... hopefully he will devolpe

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
LT is going to be a COWGIRL!

jacko58
02-24-2010, 10:47 PM
LT is going to be a COWGIRL!

raiders need another over the hill player and its not lt, its lj lol hed look great in the black and gray. i mean sapp was a none factor, hall, washington, rice, why not lj, he can stand on the sidelines with seymour and say raiders to the play offs all season long dosen't change the fact raiders wont ever see the playoffs with russell as there qb lol

matthewschiefs
02-24-2010, 11:23 PM
raiders need another over the hill player and its not lt, its lj lol hed look great in the black and gray. i mean sapp was a none factor, hall, washington, rice, why not lj, he can stand on the sidelines with seymour and say raiders to the play offs all season long dosen't change the fact raiders wont ever see the playoffs with russell as there qb lol

Randy Moss was also thought to be done when he was with oakland. then he went to the pats and showed he was not done. I cant say I love LJ in a raider jersey. He could still go off a few times a year and you no he would want to beat the Chiefs. But i dont realy fear it either.