PDA

View Full Version : this could be interesting...

whatwasthat?
02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Are the New England Patriots Ready To Deal Laurence Maroney? | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/152290-are-the-new-england-patriots-ready-to-deal-laurence-maroney)

maybe pioli should work his NE magic...after all, he did draft the guy

N TX Dave
02-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Are the New England Patriots Ready To Deal Laurence Maroney? | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/152290-are-the-new-england-patriots-ready-to-deal-laurence-maroney)

maybe pioli should work his NE magic...after all, he did draft the guy

Why, do we really need him? What will he bring to the Chiefs that they don't have already and at what cost?

kcmostwanted
02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I liked Maroney coming out of College and thought he was going to be a stud, but he's too injury prone. I don't think we need a RB that has never [really] finished an NFL season...

matthewschiefs
02-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I dont think it would be much diffrent then K.Smith. A RB that has shown some signs of life but can not stay healty. Maybe the two of them together can stay on the field. I dont love the possible move but i dont hate it.

N TX Dave
02-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I dont think it would be much diffrent then K.Smith. A RB that has shown some signs of life but can not stay healty. Maybe the two of them together can stay on the field. I dont love the possible move but i dont hate it.

I hate it for a second round pick!

:efpge:

matthewschiefs
02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
I hate it for a second round pick!

:efpge:

Ya a 2nd is a little high. If we could get someone else added into that It might work out. I just dont see it happening so i wont worry to much about it.

whatwasthat?
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM

in all fairness to maroney, comparing him to kolby smith is just ridiculous...smith cant even play a full game without getting injured...whereas maroney played in the majority of his games in 2007 and 2009...in 2008 he was on IR with a shoulder injury...would you consider tom brady injury prone?

besides...for the most part he was receiving between 15 and 25 carries a game...as charles backup he would get around 10

jtandcrew
02-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I have seen flashes from Maroney but what has he really done? If we were able to get him then fine! Wait till he is released. He has not proved he is worth a draft pick or another player. Also, he would get more than 10 carries per game following behind Charles. I think Pioli and Haley is going to try to figure out a way to get Charles back on kick-offs/punt returns. So whoever is the back-up is going to get some carries. Plus with Kolby's injuries? I would be surprised if he makes the roster this year tbh.

whatwasthat?
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I have seen flashes from Maroney but what has he really done? If we were able to get him then fine! Wait till he is released. He has not proved he is worth a draft pick or another player. Also, he would get more than 10 carries per game following behind Charles. I think Pioli and Haley is going to try to figure out a way to get Charles back on kick-offs/punt returns. So whoever is the back-up is going to get some carries. Plus with Kolby's injuries? I would be surprised if he makes the roster this year tbh.

there is no way charles goes back on kick offs...he is the RB of the future...they will address kick returner and punt returner through draft or FA

jtandcrew
02-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I cant remember where I heard it but I have heard they would like to cut back his carry load and get him on some returns. He cant carry a full load and do returns. He is a asset on both for sure! If they can figure out where he can do majority of carries and also do kick-offs and have a good back-up/change of pace back? I think that would be ideal! I was not trying to to say that they would rather have him do both returns only and fill in for someone else as rb. Sorry if I was not clear.

whatwasthat?
02-23-2010, 10:46 PM
nah i understood what you were saying...i just dont think that the risk for injury with charles on special teams is worth it

jtandcrew
02-23-2010, 10:51 PM
I dont either tbh but, there is not alot of diffrence in size between Charles and Hall! Although there is the talent factor! I think Charles has much more talent and if we can give Charles a good back-up then why not utilize that with Charles atleast doing kick-offs? NO PUNT RETURNS! :lol: If we could utilize 2 backs to split caries effectively and use Charles for kick-offs? Im all for it! Then again? that is IF!

Chiefscrazy
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey guys 1st post!

I would pass on using a draft pick on Maroney, if he were released then bring him in for a physical & a look. Otherwise I would rather just use one of our 5th's on a complimentary RB such as Charles Scott or Joique Bell (Wayne St)

matthewschiefs
02-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey guys 1st post!

I would pass on using a draft pick on Maroney, if he were released then bring him in for a physical & a look. Otherwise I would rather just use one of our 5th's on a complimentary RB such as Charles Scott or Joique Bell (Wayne St)

Welcome to the crowd. :bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey guys 1st post!

Welecome to the crowd.
I agree there will be some good RB's in the later rounds to fill our needs.

jb908
02-25-2010, 05:57 PM
NO WAY.... He has not been good the last couple years. He has only had a handful of Good games. Maybe one great game. And it was the game where my opponent in fantasy had him. Story of my life

tornadospotter
02-25-2010, 11:21 PM
:plus1: :booyah: :mooning: